December 7 - It's time for the Friday Highlight! Head over here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Do sims 2 fans prefer sims 3 or sims 4?

123457...Next

Comments

• RamofMerryDeathRamofMerryDeath Posts: 22 Member
    I'm TS2 -> TS4 -> TS3. Never played the first game, so I can't comment!

I think 2 feels the most 'fun' to me but I've spent so much time in it I'm just... bored. Sims 4 is filling that void right now. I feel like I would've enjoyed S3 more, but it had MASSIVE performance issues for me, so I never really.. got into it.
  • MidnightSalem20MidnightSalem20 Posts: 4 New Member
    Really it is a toss up between The Sims 2 and 3 for me (I've yet to really play Sims 4, but I'm aiming to change that soon), and it all depends on what kind of playstyle I want to go for on any given play session. The Sims 2 feels more goofy, silly and outrageous than its successor, so if I want a lighthearted, anything-goes playthrough I start that up. Not saying you can't be super silly in The Sims 3 of course, I just feel like TS3 is better accommodated for a more realistic session, at least in my eyes. Despite all its glitches I still feel like TS3 was the nearest The Sims have gotten to actually feeling real and their world tangible.

So I guess the short answer is: I love them both for different reasons and don't have a definitive pick.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 415 Member
    Well for me my favorite and still fav is Sims 2, but runner up for me now just since a few months ago is Sims 4. I have 3 but to big and hard to run even on my good computer. Never thought I would bother with 4 since it had no toddlers. Gee, what is a family without toddlers. But when I saw that they now do and that they are so darn cute and more to them then even sims 2 I went for it. I have come to like the game though still really lacking in many areas such as no more to grow a town and so little you can do in the build area to make your own town the way you want it. But it runs easy and not to hard to play in rounds like sims 2, but the best is the toddlers and over all interactions of sims and children can do so much more even stay home alone and go to town alone. So I now go back and forth but still Sims 2 first.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 73 Member
    I prefer sims 3 and sims 1 over sims 4 tbh
    Been playing The Sims since the early 2000's!!!
    Twitter
    EAOrigin: rob0tman5 <---feel free to add me!
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 155 Member
    probably 2->4->1->3
    But it's hard to say because all of these games have things i love or hate.
123457...Next