Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you play?

I've only ever done normal but I'm looking to try long now to see if I like it and not become bored.

Comments

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I play on normal lifespan. I was thinking about long for a while, but I feel like it would take away the difficulty of the game in my game style. I play rotationally with all families in all neighborhoods and each sim gets a different aspiration/life goal. That way I can explore all aspects of the game. So, one sim is supposed to max out the culinary career, while another wants to become a superparent etc. On normal life span it is really difficult to reach the end of the career ladder (I play without cheats/mods). Especially once they hit level 7 of a career, promotions get more rare and lots die before they can make it.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    generally normal but I also use McC and make adjustments.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I play on Long and age my Simmies up when I am ready to do so. I've yet to become bored with it. It also allows for the attainment of skills for wee Sims and their parents alike. Plus, I get more time with my favorite Sims. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I play on Long and age my Simmies up when I am ready to do so. I've yet to become bored with it. It also allows for the attainment of skills for wee Sims and their parents alike. Plus, I get more time with my favorite Sims. :)

This is my exact play style :)
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I generally play with ageing off and age them up when I feel they should :joy:
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I play on long now, although sometimes its too long, lol! I used to play only on normal, but I got really bored really quick and felt like the teen and ya life stages were too short. I like building up skills while my sims are teens, because it lets them have way more fun as YA since they don't have to spend free time skill building as much.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I play on normal if I'm doing a challenge that requires it. But when playing rotational I play on long.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

Same. I have a Sim I created way back in 2014 and he still hasn't aged a day, but his children sure have. :sweat_smile:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    I use MCCC to set the lifespan, and it's at 2-5-10-10-25-25-15. I always felt that the YA/A/E stages were too small in proportion to the child and teen stages, because unless Sims were getting pregnant within 5 days of being YA they wouldn't meet their grandkids.
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I always play on normal because I can get bored easily and prefer a change.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I used to play on long but have since switched to a custom lifespan that's basically half-long, but with longer YA/adult/elder stages.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Currently, on long because I'm rotating to different families and this gives me more time with each. It helps me also to get to know all my sims and remember their names, personalities, etc. because they don't die quickly.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    MCCC controls all <3. Most ages are normal except teens and elders though have 4 days though in my game. But sometimes it varies. I really hope one day Deaderpool adds a "add/minus days" for individual sims though.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Maybe I should use mccc to adjust or can I just age them when I'm ready? I don't play rotational and up until recently I only played one save.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2017
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Maybe I should use mccc to adjust or can I just age them when I'm ready? I don't play rotational and up until recently I only played one save.

Yes, you can age your sims whenever you're ready using a birthday cake. Or just turn aging back on when you want everyone to age universally.
  • I play with short lives. Not for more difficulty; I just have a short attention span.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Aging off, always.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Forever, until I'm bored and delete the game.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I generally play on normal. However I actually really enjoy playing on short as well.
    ~ ~ ~
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I still play on short. It works for me as I've got a short sim attention span. I've found that after focusing skills, career, and children, the adults are usually just becoming adults and here I am wanting to focus on the next generation but not wanting my adult sims to suffer, so I age them into elders (which I find way more fun than the adult stage for some reason and often wish to go from YA to Elder and skip it entirely) So I play with the short life span so that by the time I'm finished skills and careers and aspirations, I'm ready to move on to the next generation naturally. I also use the work/study hard mod on the medium setting one so that they can actually finish their careers before death...because short is a bit too short and normal is a bit too long... but with the mod short is perfect for me and my sim attention deficit issues.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I switched to long earlier this year, before that I alway played on normal lifespan.

Playing rotationally, I felt that normal was too short to really get to know a sim, and have them live a varied life instead of just sleep, eat and work. The only drawback to playing on long without modifying individual life stages is that babies are babies forrrrevvvverrrrr!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    I switched to long earlier this year, before that I alway played on normal lifespan.

Playing rotationally, I felt that normal was too short to really get to know a sim, and have them live a varied life instead of just sleep, eat and work. The only drawback to playing on long without modifying individual life stages is that babies are babies forrrrevvvverrrrr!

I'm still trying to figure out why some of my sims families I'd keep forever and others I'd just as soon kill off quicker to get to the next generation. Maybe I need to try rotational play and get to know them better myself. There has to be a reason I force feed anti aging potions on one or two sims and kill the others off faster than normal after they hit that stage where I'm bored with them.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member

Same. I have a Sim I created way back in 2014 and he still hasn't aged a day, but his children sure have. :sweat_smile:

I have done this! I'm wanting my sims children to start having grandbabies but I don't want to make my sim an elder and so I keep putting it off :joy:
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Aging is off. Age the up, and kill them off when I know their storyline is over.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Normal cause I play legacy and do love getting to the next generation.
    Sometimes when I wanna enjoy a generation more I chnage it to long for a while or stop it completely and when I'm ready to move on I'll turn it back to normal.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)