Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you play?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Aging off. No one gets older until I feel ready. I get very attached to my Sims and it pains me to let go.

I played my current legacy founders as a perpetually Young Adult and child-free couple off and on (among numerous other households) for seven years in TS3.

Since migrating to TS4 last May, I re-created them, and finally allowed them to have a family. Letting their kids grow up and marry and have kids of their own gave me incentive to finally allow them to be Elders.

But let them only have X in-game days? No! Life is good! They're still getting closer to their four grandkids! They only just landed that sweet, sweet retirement home in Sulani! Grimmy is just going to have to wait. :)
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    When I have a young adult sim I am really attached to and don't get bored with, I play with a frozen timeline. When I have a family with growing kids, I play long lifespan until I want to age them up. When it's time for them to get to the next life stage, I pick the normal life span and age them up a day early or so.
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    Long life span but most of the time, aging is turned off. I turn aging on only when I want everyone to age up including unplayed sims. But usually, I use the birthday cake to age my favorite Sims up.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol this thread is from 2017
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I use a custom lifespan. Normal is too short and long is way too long
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif