Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you play?

Comments

• Options
    CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    Long although it can get kinda boring
  • Options
    vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    I usually have the "Long" lifespan on all the time. But I am continuously changing my active household and I keep going to different households to play them. I just have so many ideas and I want every one of the Sims to live out their lives how I want them to. I know they are designed to be at least a little unpredictable and I love that, too, but sometimes I just want them to do what I've instructed..
  • Options
    Using the "Long" lifespan, for me, doesn't mean much because I often change what household I am playing with and that makes living a "long" life very hard. I always come up with new ideas for new Sims and new houses and new lives. And I am a very creative person with a mind that is going constantly. :blush:
  • Options
    Sims 4 is just wonderfully awesome!
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    So I started a save on long this weekend. I have to keep reminding myself that it's OK to not rush them to skill up for promotions as they have all the time in the world. The babies (triplets) I aged up before their time and I'm basically letting them be as toddlers so they'll eventually skill up on their own. I only help with potty training to lessen the amount of diapers I need to change.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I play on long and rotate among a few families, each doing different goals. The only age up I do is for babies.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I used to swap between Normal and Long in order to extend the life stages a bit to give my sims more time to accomplish their goals in life.
    Then I decided to use MCCC to make the lifespan as realistic as possible, I ended up doing some weird math and some arbitrary age ranges and came up with the following (in days):
    Pregnancy = 9 months = 3 Sim days => 1 Year = 4 Sim Days => Lifespan on Long = (Age Range x 4 Days) => Lifespan on Normal = Long/2

Infant: 2
    Toddler: 6
    Child: 16
    Teen: 10
    Y. Adult: 22
    Adult: 56
    Elder: 38+ (not accounting for Athletic aspiration reward)

My reasoning for this is because we actually spend the majority of our lives as Adults/Elders. This also scales wonderfully, because if a family always has children while they're relatively young, it's very easy for sims to meet their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    I use MC Command Center that lets me have a custom life span ,
    Babies -6 days
    Toddler - 25
    Child - 25
    Teen - 45
    Young Adult - 80
    Adult - 80
    Elder - 15
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I have aging set to normal but I also use mccc and have my sims live for 160 day in total.
    2 days for babies
    6 toddlers
    18 children
    16 teens
    18 y adults
    60 adults
    20 elders
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I have always used the normal and find it to be ample time. Once in awhile, I may age someone up before their time.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I always use long life span and age up toddlers and children as soon as they have all skills maxed. The rest live their days without interruption.
    I was trying to adjust long life span with MCCC, but I don't understand how so I messed everything up and gave up trying.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    It depends on the intent of the game I'm playing. Right now I'm doing a legacy and trying to get to 10th Generation so I have it on Normal. When I play my simself and my family and friends (yes, I'm one of THOSE players) then I play on the longest option.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I play with the Life Span on "Long", though half way on the long span, I get board, so I'll change it to normal
  • Options
    simssimssimssims Posts: 2 New Member
    How can you make a custom lifespan?
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Long but I wish we could have the age slider thing back from the sims 3 :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have always used the normal and find it to be ample time. Once in awhile, I may age someone up before their time.

Really? I've just started using normal and it's so short compared to long. 12 days from child to teen and I'm achieving nothing.

• Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Really? I've just started using normal and it's so short compared to long. 12 days from child to teen and I'm achieving nothing.

That goes for me too. That's why I keep the life span on long, a bit boring. But it helps with achieving skills and the careers :smile:
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Aging off. I wipe out everyone in all neighborhoods and settle each lot with sims with custom traits. This takes a while. Then I rotate which house I play and go to bars, clubs and parks and watch how everyone interacts with each other. It's an endless source of amusement to me. Change happens very slowly, but I do occasionally move different sims in and out, some sims have kids, and I make different lots and decorate. Sometimes I like to play with one family or sim for a long time. So I guess I'm playing with mostly immortals. Someday, and that day may never come, but someday I may watch them all on short life spans to see how long they last. But for now I like to watch them go from house to house stealing, cheating and peeing in the bush next door.
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    ageing off. i'm too attached to them.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I always play my Sim Self so I make them immortal. Lol.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @JasonSim16, i love your signature. coffee <3.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Aw! Thank you! Lol.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    FrosFros Posts: 38 Member
    I played on long like since launch but bag normal now more fun
  • Options
    BiaAndreeaBiaAndreea Posts: 1 New Member
    Well i have seasons=> 1year =4 weeks(i play on short seasons).I also have MCCC so mine are custom:
    Baby=5 days
    Toddler=23 days
    (Baby+Toddler =28 days=1 year)
    Child=28 days(1 year)
    Teen=28 days
    YAdult=56(2 years)
    Adult=56
    Elder=56
    My pregnant sim will be pregnant for 3 seasons= 3 weeks= 21 days
    This way, an Elder will see it’s teen grandchild.
    In total a sim will live for 9 years or 252 days.
  • Options
    pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    I always play with ageing off and I age them up when I feel like it. But now my sim and her child are the same age...
    49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg