Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you play?

Comments

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Aging off, even though I dont't rotate.. I get very attached to my sims :) I don't like to be limited and rush everything, none of the life span lenghts suit my play style.
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I do long, and play a rotational game.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I play long, with rotational, currently 17 households. Pros & cons to it. Pros are that your sims accomplish much more, have more time to enjoy the rewards of their accomplishments & relationships become much more cemented. Cons-takes forever to get through a generation, your sims do start to run out of skills to master & aspirations to complete, and it can get boring & overly repetitive at times. Also, since I can never bring myself to age anyone up before their time, I currently have 11 families with 3 or more toddlers, 4 of them have 6 toddlers. That can be a pro or con depending on how you look at it (in my case it depends on what mood I'm in), and it's also probably why I'm always complaining about the constant potty training, and why my festivals are so poorly attended, because much of the population allowance is taken up by my tots. But I love it. I don't feel in any hurry to get things accomplished, find mates or even play new content.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Aging off for the rotational save, short lifespan for legacies. And even so I have trouble proceeding beyond third generation.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Either normal or turned off. When I play on normal I keep turning it off while there is a toddler in my family so grandparents can enjoy their grandchildren.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    Only epic.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Gosh, I use MC Command and have really long spans. I play rotationally so need lots of time to level up my sims, plus I guess I have really elaborate storylines to flesh out and it takes time to do all that.

The first time I played the game, out of the box, so to speak, my sim was an elder before I found love or got very far into his career. The whole town was ghosts, elders and a few adults and YA's. I then found out how to turn aging off and played that way for a long time. But I had to keep notes on all the sims in game so I could age them up in batches and it eventually was a real chore to keep track of everyone.

Recently started using MC Command to tweaks my age spans and have Methuselah settings I guess, I think it's pretty close to this: infant- 25, toddler-70, child-80, teen-150, YA-200, adult-300, elder-150. It's adapted from a sims 3 based mod that had different versions available.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    I play on long so that I have more time to complete things as well as give my Sims a break from constantly pursuing aspirations or working on their careers 24/7. Plus I don't like rushing the kids through all the life stages.
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    aging off i play multiple family when the family already reach its goal i switch and play a new family lol
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I use long, but rotate between three households. I sometimes turn aging off completely to make sure I don't miss any birthdays or deaths in the other families, or if I feel like it's going too fast.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited September 2017
    Aging off. I rarely play with aging on. And when I do, it's always long or custom (through MCCC).
    These are the custom settings I use:
    tumblr_oq28xf60TO1v8k7elo1_400.png
    Column B is the number of days, column C is those days translated to years and column D is a cumulative rendition of those years - basically the age a Sim has reached when completing that lifestage.
    I’ve ended the YA lifestage at 40, which means that females can only have kids when a young adult (I know it’s not entirely realistic, but I found it a decent compromise).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MelodySimmer_xMelodySimmer_x Posts: 5 New Member
    I play on short :3 I just wanna get to the next generation lel
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I used to play with aging off for a very long time, then I played with aging on but felt like they would grow up too quickly so now I play on the long lifespan which is perfect for me.

Gives me enough time to give them their own personality and skills which suits them. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Aging Off, for now...
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I play on normal because I am so impatient and though I always love my current generations, I get bored and get ideas for the next and want to move on often.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    on long
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'll never play a short or a long life span. I only do normal 90 day lifespans.
  • Options
    AzraelshanethetopbroAzraelshanethetopbro Posts: 4 New Member
    I used to play on long but playing the same Sims for AA month got boring so I play on normal now
  • Options
    mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    I play on normal because long is too long for me
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I play normal span but I regularly use "pause" if I want to. I tend to pause YAs for a while and sometimes childless adults. With a rotation, I sometimes pause a family with kids for a day when I switch over to them because the first day is for getting into a routine with the household at the stage that they are at. It's for catching up their needs and getting them on a sleeping, eating and work/school schedule. I don't switch on a specific day of the week like Sunday. My household switches are mostly milestone-based but are also whenever I feel like it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I play with aging off. I have aging set on normal for unplayed households & npcs.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I play with aging off. I put so much work into them, the lifespans are too short for me.
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    > @sunblond said:
    > Gosh, I use MC Command and have really long spans. I play rotationally so need lots of time to level up my sims, plus I guess I have really elaborate storylines to flesh out and it takes time to do all that.
    >
    > The first time I played the game, out of the box, so to speak, my sim was an elder before I found love or got very far into his career. The whole town was ghosts, elders and a few adults and YA's. I then found out how to turn aging off and played that way for a long time. But I had to keep notes on all the sims in game so I could age them up in batches and it eventually was a real chore to keep track of everyone.
    >
    > Recently started using MC Command to tweaks my age spans and have Methuselah settings I guess, I think it's pretty close to this: infant- 25, toddler-70, child-80, teen-150, YA-200, adult-300, elder-150. It's adapted from a sims 3 based mod that had different versions available.

I've been playing on long (or aging off entirely) since the Sims 3. The first family I ever created in the Sims 2 was a total disaster. When my sim aged up to an adult, I remember thinking, "Why does she look so old now?" Needless to say, none of my sims' goals were accomplished, and the social bunny visited them often.
    I play semi-rotationally and only age people up when they've accomplished their goals. I tend to get really attached to one sim at a time, though. One time, I made Loki. I've long since lost the save file, but he's still one of my favorites.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've always played ageing on on long life but I'm trialing normal - there's a big difference between them!