Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Speculation: We might get RAIN in TS4 Cats & Dogs!

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    it's raining cats and dogs.

Best reply! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It could be a hint, rain in 2018 although chances are, rain might be the only weather...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2017
    Omg! I would be sooooo thrilled if weather were included!!

Edited to add: Yes it's either a clear hint that Seasons is the next EP OR rain is getting patched in before Pets. I actually really believe you might be right. I don't expect full seasons with it but weather I could see.
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    This would be so amazing, but my hopes are absolutely not up.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Ok. Do you see the trees in the background in this screenshot? Some of them look like trees in fall.

n30hjKH.png
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    ElenPink wrote: »
    You guys really like to read into things.
    Fishermen are drawn as wearing yellow raincoats. That's how they were also drawn in things like cartoons and books, etc. It's mostly to protect them from ocean water.

That puddle looks like it came from the beach.

As for the third. Yeah. Gloomy cat.

People really shouldn't start expecting things and then getting disappointed when the pack comes out and those things aren't there, when they were never meant to be in the first place.

There were many, many little clues to the arrival of pets in the game. People were often dismissed and told not to read into things. But they were right. It's ok to speculate about possible hints in this section. No one is saying it's 100% true, after all

I mean sure it's okay to speculate. Until players get their hopes up and when the pack comes out, there are five billion threads about "cry cry cry rain wasn't included"
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    deeplywithindeeplywithin Posts: 1 New Member
    it's sad but thats unlikely to happen, they release EPs every year , so we will have to wait a lot for seasons :neutral:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have some things to show that are kind of interesting in regards to rain coming in Cats & Dogs. We know they don't show everything in the first trailer. For example, in Get to Work we would only find out there were basements in the 5th trailer for that expansion. So there might be some big features we don't even know about.

Look at these:

eNqAEPC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

These fisherman statues are using yellow rain coats. An interesting thing to add to the statues of a main area of the world if rain doesn't exist, right?

EBzO6y6.png

This puddle. They are playing in a puddle. But a puddle of what? It sure can't be pee... and puddles don't appear out of nowhere. Maybe it had just rained and the puddle remained on the floor!

To tie all this "wetness that comes from above" theme in the trailer, we can't ignore this:

1PrmEFx.png

Yeah, that might be to show she's a gloomy cat, but that is, in fact, rain. By itself it would mean gloomy cat, but we also have the above 2 interesting rain related things.

I have seen rumored that pets and seasons might come together, I don't know if it had a base in a survey or was purely invented. But maybe cats, dogs and rain are a thing! Rain is not really a season, and if we need rain for summer when season comes, maybe they could make rain a patch in feature!

I love those old sailor statues, I used to collect them thirty years ago. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    n30hjKH.png
    Well there's another puddle of water in this picture the cat seems to be drinking it up, now this one seems to be harder to explain it could not we washed up like the last picture. So either they added rain which would fit perfectly in this world but I highly doubt or this world is made to look like it rains a lot even though we never see it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    The recent patch notes kinda hinted to weather as well.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    I noticed those puddles right away and had the same thought. And after reading those opening lines about weather at the top of the patch notes! Yea, something's happening. Would be great to see it come in a patch.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Ooooo, exciting possibility! Never did I think I would be excited for rain, but I think I am.

-Scottish girl.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    n30hjKH.png
    Well there's another puddle of water in this picture the cat seems to be drinking it up, now this one seems to be harder to explain it could not we washed up like the last picture. So either they added rain which would fit perfectly in this world but I highly doubt or this world is made to look like it rains a lot even though we never see it.

I don't see a puddle. I see the cat's shadow. Looks like a curious cat to me. I guess I will have to rewatch the trailer again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    True very strange opening if they have no plans on adding in weather they know we all want it.

Hey Simmers,

The end of summer is here and… you know, whenever I talk to my mom she wants to talk about the weather. It’s kind of our starting point to get the conversation motor running, after the weather we start talking about more meaningful things… our brains are in conversation mode, and we are ready to go… so, with that…

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    To me it makes sense because of this “raining cats and dogs” may refer to a storm with wind (dogs) and heavy rain (cats).
    But it could be just done that way,guess will see. :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It's a neat theory. Nothing would truly surprise me after the way they dumped toddlers on us without warning. But then, apparently there were sprinkles of indications of toddlers in the game code prior to that, they'd just been dismissed as being way incomplete or having been there since near the beginning.

And I'm not sure there's been any indications of weather in the game code (least, not that I've heard of or seen myself). So unless they're just hiding it really well, probably not likely.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    True very strange opening if they have no plans on adding in weather they know we all want it.

Hey Simmers,

The end of summer is here and… you know, whenever I talk to my mom she wants to talk about the weather. It’s kind of our starting point to get the conversation motor running, after the weather we start talking about more meaningful things… our brains are in conversation mode, and we are ready to go… so, with that…

Hey Simmers,

It caught my attention as well. It's a very weird and very random opening of it's not a hint.
    I think we might get basic weather patches in before the cats and dogs release.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2017
    I hope its proper Seasons, not just rain. That would be disappointing.

To me ''weather'' is more than just rain.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    Did you guys see the patch notes today? The top little note seemed to hint at weather. Might just be pulling our legs, but who knows.

Weather hint was my first thought too. *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Would weather have to be a "Free" update for all players, coming in a Patch or could it come in a Game pack?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would be happy with just rain, I love rain, as many of our current worlds don't seem very snow prone, especially Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, and now the new one Brindleton Bay. Then maybe they could add a mountainous ski resort world in a game pack later? I love GF but would love a new or a couple of new place(s) to take my sims on vacation/honeymoons. But heck, if they decide to give us seasons over all I'll take it since the changing leaves in the fall is one of my favorite things to see each year.