Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so the patch should be today ?

Comments

• Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    > @Jordan061102 said:
    > Where are the patch notes?

Yeah I'm looking for them too, glad I wasn't the only one that tried updating my game though ;)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Finally:
    "Along those lines (the texting part)… Children should no longer receive inappropriate text messages from adults.
    We have fixed various possible ways in which children might receive inappropriate text messages… if you are still seeing this issue, please let us know."
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Now in general, that's what I call a patch lol :D I'm pleased
  • Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    All these bug fixes -sighs lovingly- I'm so glad they fixed the swimming issue and the issue with using the modify in CAS cheat...
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    The cas.fulledit mode cheat that broke with the last patch NEEDS to be fixed. There are so many threads about it and its honestly annoying me that I can't edit any of my townies anymore. If this wasn't addressed in this patch I am going to be do freaking mad, its a horrid bug.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    The cas.fulledit mode cheat that broke with the last patch NEEDS to be fixed. There are so many threads about it and its honestly annoying me that I can't edit any of my townies anymore. If this wasn't addressed in this patch I am going to be do freaking mad, its a horrid bug.

It was fixed...
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The only new things are interface changes and some new lights.

Lots of bug fixes. They've fixed the baby changing colour issue the day I aged up my baby.
  • Options
    K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    Thats a really nice patch. I'm glad! And I thought it would be one or two bug fixes... I'm glad I was wrong.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited May 2017

Hello
    The cas.fulleditmode issue has been fixed in this patch
    With cheats turned on, you should now be able to modify NPCs in Create a Sim by shift clicking on them and choosing "Modify in CAS".
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »

It was fixed...

Thank gosshhhhhhhh. Has anyone tried it yet?
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I m glad sims can swim laps again, that bug was annoying me, and I m pleased that the vampire eternally welcome power has been fixed, I ve been wanting to try out a kleptomaniac vampire who breaks in and steals things, for ages
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The cas.fulleditmode issue has been fixed in this patch
    With cheats turned on, you should now be able to modify NPCs in Create a Sim by shift clicking on them and choosing "Modify in CAS".

Thanks rosemow, you are always so sweet and I love reading your posts. I haven't been on the forums in a loooonnnggg time, but I always love seeing you post :smile: .
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The new lamps are great. And I really like the way they redid the menu to load your games.
    New%20Menu_zpswebo1ydx.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm glad they fixed swim laps and vampiric entry!!! I'm wondering however if they have given up GTW. Also fixes for the vanity table and the waterslide would have been nice.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    And along all the bug fixes that were a long time coming, this is one that I am really excited about.
    - Lights that have had their color and intensity modified, and then set to auto-light, will no longer revert to their default color and intensity setting.
    Yes!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    No DO fixes this round.

I'm sad.

But a lot of other bugs I've been annoyed about have been fixed, so I'm happy about that.
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2017
    Relatively good patch, very happy with the extra days. Still no fix for the detective career though *sighs*.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    The new lamps are great. And I really like the way they redid the menu to load your games.
    New%20Menu_zpswebo1ydx.jpg

This way is so much better!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2017
    For anyone that wants a TL;DR:
    (Not my words, taken directly from patch notes; credit to SimGuruGnome)
    -Save slots now use household thumbnails instead of a text list

-Save backups can now be restored via this UI by clicking on the Recover Save option from the Load Game dialog.

-Users can now see where on disk a particular save file exists by hovering over the File icon in the Load Game dialog.

-You can now rename your save from the Load Game dialog.

-The auto-save feature has been removed as it was not functioning properly. (kinda wish it worked :/)

-The Save As dialog has also been modified to show thumbs.

-The first option in the Save As dialog is to be used to create a brand new save, but you can also choose to overwrite existing saves.

-Three new lights can be found under Ceiling Lamps in the Object by Function, Lighting sort.

*Round Confection Ceiling Light
    *Square Confection Ceiling Light
    *Campanulate Ceiling Lamp

-Children can now smash a dollhouse that is currently in use by another child

-Sims will no longer get a whim to get married if they are already married.

-The Successful Lineage aspiration (within the Family category) will no longer fail to recognize if a child had previously completed the skill and aspiration requirements of the 3rd and 4th step.

-Babies will no longer change skin tone when they are picked up.

-The Georgina Outdoor Lamppost With Double Hanging Planter can now be turned off by the player.

-Silence phone once again will silence your phone

-Children should no longer receive inappropriate text messages from adults

-The Connections reward trait will no longer prevent your Sim from purchasing career rewards unlocked by career levels earlier than the boosted connections career level.

-The Cu Cu Cachoo display skull now costs 175 Simoleons.

-Toddlers will now also visually drink from their sippy cup when seated on the ground.

-Fixed a Sim reset issue that could occur when one Sim chose to autonomously tell a story to another Sim.
    Sims are swimming laps again.

-Sims with the masculine preference for clothing will no longer randomize into feminine full body swimsuits while in Create a Sim.

-We fixed an issue that could cause a toddler to inherit the emotional whim of nearby adult Sims after loading into a lot, which could result with
    the toddler acquiring a flirty emotional whim.

-Sims facial features should no longer adjust after selecting a different eye color swatch

-Young Adult and Adult lifespans have been increased by 4 days each to accommodate the addition of Toddlers.
    Industrial Reinforced beams will no longer appear through the ceiling when placed on the floor below.

-With cheats turned on, you should now be able to modify NPCs in Create a Sim by shift clicking on them and choosing "Modify in CAS".

-Lights that have had their color and intensity modified, and then set to auto-light, will no longer revert to their default color and intensity setting.

-You should no longer have to reload your lot or travel in order to get fresh cuttings to properly function from within your inventory.

-We fixed an issue with how the stats panel appeared

-We have adjusted the hairstyles for our premade Sims (such as the Goths) to not change drastically during outfit changes, where it would not make sense for their hair to change.

-PlantSims are now able to sleep in tents

-You should be able to once again share to Twitter from the game.

Vampires
    -Vampire ears on the base form of a Sim will no longer disappear when the Sim enters live mode.
    -Fixed an issue that could prevent a Sim from gaining access to others' homes when they have the Eternally Welcome vampire power.

-Sims that have been turned into Vampires should no longer have a non-functional age bar.

-Toddlers born with vampire parents, will now maintain the eye color they were born with (or that the player had modified them to be) even after loading them into Create a Sim.

City Living
    -A Love Guru from the Romance Festival that is married into a household will no longer remain immortal.

Vintage Glamour Stuff
    -Light from the Fiery Façade fireplace will no longer shine through the back of the fireplace.
    -Butlers will no longer appear on retail lots when they should be at home... butler’izing.

Create-A-Sim
    -You can now wear necklaces with yfTop_SP08ShirtButtonOpen.

-You can now apply a bracelet to your right and left wrist when wearing the level 5 business career outfit yfBody_EF01BusinessSuitMed

-Fixed a clipping issue with GP01BootFoldover and various pants.

-ymHair_GP04Slashed will no longer poke through yuHat_GP04Toque.

-ymShoes_AnkleSquareToe will no longer clip with ymBody_EF04ShirtSkull.

-Fixed a broken highlight issue that would occur when hovering over yfHair_ShortShave and yfHair_BuzzCutNatural while in Create a Sim.

-Female Sims with a masculine frame should no longer have two belly buttons when in Create a Sim.

-Fixed an issue that could cause some eye presets to stretch the geometry of various hair assets improperly.

-We fixed an issue with a visible seam on the torso of female Sims
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Patch notes on point. Theres a few issues in here i didnt even know existed!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    What is the time distortion that everyone is talking about? 0_o

When playing the game, sims will freeze or perform actions frozen while the world moves etc, then time goes back several hours.

This happens with me when I send my kids or teens to school, when it's 8 am, my clock goes nuts, I can't hit any button, then the time jumps to 10 am, but when I can finally press the pause button or the speed button, it's again 8 am. This drive me insane, I'm about to put a no school mod in my game just because of this.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I am loving the behind the scenes glimpses. Seeing what issues are taken care of by what department and even what was causing it was very interesting for me.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I'm glad they adjusted the young adult and adult lifespans.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    So no detective or dine out fix