Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Dee West wrote: »
    Ok eco living won. My suggestions:
    1. green house
    2. sprinklers
    3. clothes lines

What we need is an interactive garden hose so I can hose down the neighbors and other NPC's as there walking by in front of my home!
  • Options
    CoreyTessCoreyTess Posts: 48 Member
    I look forward to the new stuff pack and hope that we will see some new EPs with vacation destinations. Oh, i said that already a few times. Ha ha - i think eco could be fun. Maybe a Bee Hive to make your own honey products, but you might get stung! It could be cute.
    Catch Up with My Sims Stuff Here simfablife.blogspot.com
    tumblr_oa663idSUS1v00mydo1_500.gif

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Honestly, I understand people that are skeptical about laundry - I personally wanted Dangerous pack - but I also get the feeling of déja vu; it's eerily similar to discussions we had before we got toddlers.

Something I've said before and will say again and again: it's not the theme, the object or the feature, it's the implementation of said theme, object or feature. I swear, sometimes I feel like simmers don't use enough of their imagination.

Don't get me wrong - I'm skeptical about this process and the themes aswell - but that is due to previous experience with what the dev team has given us so far, and has very little to do with what is actually possible to make of this game. ;) When I suppose that people will get disappointed, it's not a comment on the possibilities, but rather on the evidence of previous stuff packs etc. The toddler addition was welcome exception to the rule - although it was a free update, so everyone had already payed for it technically.

Dangerous was my first choice also. I think eco was my fifth choice. As far as discussions about it I think there has always been a camp that wants the dangerous and daring. This game is far too "little Mary Sunshine" for a lot of us. They are working on it but still to consequence free for a lot of us.

As far as it not being the theme there have been several things released that having even the greatest imagination ever wouldn't even help.

Yes, the implementation can really stifle imagination and gameplay. But that's not the theme's fault, it's the implementation of the theme imo.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd like to see:
    Ceiling fans that actually work with lights
    Solar panels on the roof (cut cost of electricity consumption) cos those bills are enormous!
    Spiral Stairs for smaller homes
    eco friendly windows(go on Google images and look what I'm talking about
    clotheslines for laundry
    glass walls
    of course eco friendly washers and dryers
    trash compactors
    Juicers
    Outdoor showers and tubs
    water saving toilets

It'll be interesting to see what's in this Eco-Living stuff pack has :smiley:

Second the ceiling fans with lights. Animated, please!
    Solar panels on the roof: Bonus, when power gets shut off for not paying bills, Sims with solar panels don't get their power shut off during the daytime.
    Spiral Stairs - Amen to that!
    Eco friendly windows???? Sorry, I don't think there would be much difference in actual window appearance. Windows that reduce Sims bills on the other hand...
    clotheslines? Yes!
    Glass walls (and floors) - yes! (Not necessarily eco friendly, but much desired.)
    Functional washers and dryers - yes please! Dirty clothes piles to go with them? Please make this OPTIONAL. This was annoying in Sims 3.
    Trash compactors - been waiting for these since the game came out.
    Juicers - my Sims have been missing pureed boot since Sims 2.
    Outdoor showers and tubs - Yes please!
    Water saving toilets - Not unless they are cheaper than regular toilets. In my experience, these don't flush as easily as the old fashioned water wasting ones, and require several flushes to get the brown stuff down.

More ideas:
    Laundry basket and hamper decorations
    More harvestables (like berries, additional vegetables, grapes, squash, pumpkins, etc) and edible meals to go with them. (Mmm, pumpkin pie.)
    Canning station - I would love to see the return of the canning station from Sims 1. Maybe it could be both a pickling and canning station.
    Functional under-the-stairs storage - or even a stairs with built-in storage.
    Ladders and step-ladders. (Ladders are a must for building treehouses, and essential for attics too.)
    Laptop computers - they take less space and electricity (since they have built-in batteries) than desktop computers.
    Battery-powered radios/cassette players/cd players, battery-powered electric candles, battery-powered flashlights
    Bicycles (if we can't have cars, can we at least have these?)
    Tricycles - an eco-friendly kids/toddlers toy.
    Unlocked file cabinets - used for storage of documents before the advent of computers, and requires no electricity. (Yes, I know one can use cheats to place the file cabinet for detective career that came with GTW, but that's no fun. Besides, more modern colors are desirable.)
    Library card catalog furniture - used by libraries to store their catalog before the advent of computers, and requires no electricity.
    Space saving beds - like bunk beds and murphy beds and sofas that convert to beds.
    Sliding glass doors - every single place I have ever lived has had one.
    Screen doors - less need for pesticides if we keep flying insects out in the first place.
    Fly swatter - a satisfying alternative to insecticides, provided your aim is good. Sims 1 sims really could have used these.
    Decorative rakes, shovels, and gardening tools.
    Sleeping bags - I still can't believe this was left out of Outdoor Retreat. Also great for starter Sims who cannot afford full-fledged beds yet, or whose moving truck has not arrived yet.
    Antique wind-up phonograph - no electricity required for the music to play.
    Stack of old phonograph records (pick one: 33rpm, 45rpm, 78rpm).
    CD/DVD/Bluray storage rack (not just for Tech Gurus)
    Jack in the Box toy (a classic for toddlers and kids that requires no electricity)
    Spinning top (again, no electricity required)
    Windup and go style toy (kind of like the Energizer bunny, but not necessarily a bunny - maybe a monkey with cymbals or a robot toy that waves its robotic arms as it walks)
    Peg and Hammer toy, Xylophone toy - would love to see these return from Sims 2 for toddlers. Kids maybe could help the toddler with the xylophone.
    Play telephone toy with old-style receiver like the old rotary phones were
    Kaleidoscope for kids
    Toy musical instruments for kids and toddlers: piano, drum, guitar, flutophone.
    Coloring books for kids and toddlers - builds creativity/painting.
    Puzzle books for kids - builds mental/logic.
    Puzzle books (Simdoku!) for teens and adults - builds logic.
    Sketch books for adults and teens - builds painting skill.
    Notebook or manual typewriter - replacement for computer for Luddites. Well sorta - its kind of hard to chat online on these, or do anything online, really. Great for building writing skill though, or playing a game of "Guess the Picture" or "Hangman" or "Tic-Tac-Toe" with another player in the room. Notebooks also work great as a substitute for sketch books in a pinch, if you ignore the fact that the paper is lined and hole-punched.
    Journal/Diary or Photo Album/Scrapbook- great for recording memories in, and a nice calming activity for anxious/tense Sims. Journal/diary builds writing skill, Photo Album/Scrapbook builds creativity.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It'd be nice if an eco living themed pack actually contained eco themed items and gameplay.
    • Boardgames are eco friendly. Family wars need to be started over a game of simopoly.
    • Wooden toys are thought to be better for the environment than plastic ones.
    • Bicycles are fun, and eco friendly. Just like going for a jog, going for a ride could be a new way to keep fit.
    • Tricycles for tots would be cute.
    • Worm farms are better than compost bins. Could you imagine toddlers eating the worms? Mmmmm, bisgetti.
    • Solar panel windows. Transparent solar panels are real!
    • Solar panel paint. It's real too! The entire outside of your house can be used to make power!

And speaking of power, a sim who dabbles in eco energy science should be able to make a Frankensim's monster, to help with the cores around the house (be warned, the monster is as likely to break things as it is to do the chores). Your children will love the monster, but the neighbours might be a bit afraid of it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I have a question that's been nagging at me ever since Eco got pac-I mean picked.
    Bills in Sims 4 are based on the value of your household, aren't they? Get more expensive stuff, pay more bills.
    So, theoretically, if you bought a $3000 solar array, your bills would go up.
    But you buy solar so that your bills will go down.
    Also, if you don't pay your bills, they shut off your electricity. But the whole point of going off the grid is to not be dependent on outside electricity.
    You see the conundrum? Will this Stuff Pack upset the entire Sims 4 bill system?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Will this Stuff Pack upset the entire Sims 4 bill system?
    I think eco friendly stuff would reduce the bill, rather than add to it.
    So those expensive solar panels, rather than adding x ammount as other expensive items would, would minus it.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MirandatehpandaMirandatehpanda Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm hoping for a composting bin so we can use our trash and spoiled food to fertilize our gardens. Maybe it could be a higher quality fertilizer since we're recycling and keeping the trash out of landfills.

Me too! :)
  • Options
    artistjuartistju Posts: 174 Member
    Love this theme. I would suggest that with being more eco friendly that the flea market could have more variety of used goods, not just chairs and lamps but more things that you actually find at a flea market or garage sale. Maybe small appliances, dining tables, beds, camping gear, plants, you name it.
    Love all the other suggestions too. :)
  • Options
    4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    Hey guys and girls,
    I just saw the thread about voting for laundry... :disappointed: Sooo many signatures :worried:
    It really worries me because the way it looks, people actually think laundry and Eco Living have anything to do with eachother :confused::grey_question: and if this is a sign on the wall, it might mean we get a LushLaundry Pack called Eco Stuff :fearful: So I have a question for the higher ranking members here who support actual Eco Stuff:

Can somebody please start a petition (like the laundry one) for solar panels, raincatchment, composting and so on?? :innocent:
    Please, give us Eco folks a voice! I'd thank you so much!

Love to you all!
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Sanne22681 wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls,
    I just saw the thread about voting for laundry... :disappointed: Sooo many signatures :worried:
    It really worries me because the way it looks, people actually think laundry and Eco Living have anything to do with eachother :confused::grey_question: and if this is a sign on the wall, it might mean we get a LushLaundry Pack called Eco Stuff :fearful: So I have a question for the higher ranking members here who support actual Eco Stuff:

Can somebody please start a petition (like the laundry one) for solar panels, raincatchment, composting and so on?? :innocent:

Love to you all!

The forums are only a small percentage of simmers so we have no accurate way of knowing what will actually be in the pack or how voting will go. The devs are only going to provide options. Certainly start a petition yourself...your voice is equally important. If it is a cause simmers believe in it won't matter who started the thread.
  • Options
    nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    It'd be nice if an eco living themed pack actually contained eco themed items and gameplay.
    • Boardgames are eco friendly. Family wars need to be started over a game of simopoly.
    • Wooden toys are thought to be better for the environment than plastic ones.
    • Bicycles are fun, and eco friendly. Just like going for a jog, going for a ride could be a new way to keep fit.
    • Tricycles for tots would be cute.
    • Worm farms are better than compost bins. Could you imagine toddlers eating the worms? Mmmmm, bisgetti.
    • Solar panel windows. Transparent solar panels are real!
    • Solar panel paint. It's real too! The entire outside of your house can be used to make power!

And speaking of power, a sim who dabbles in eco energy science should be able to make a Frankensim's monster, to help with the cores around the house (be warned, the monster is as likely to break things as it is to do the chores). Your children will love the monster, but the neighbours might be a bit afraid of it.

I agree with everything you said! I love those ideas, especially the idea of family wars due to simopoly. :D
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Eco-living to me means leaving little to no impact on your surrounding environment when doing regular day to day activities. In regards to the sims this means the activities they do to take care of their basic needs. This is what it could look like:

HUNGER –
    I don’t think this needs to be expanded upon as a lot of this kind of thing was covered already in the Outdoor Retreat pack.

FUN and SOCIAL
    Eco-friendly ideas already exist.

ENERGY –
    They could introduce other beds than just the air mattresses which are very uncomfortable. I am thinking a hammock might be a good option. A basic model could come with just the netting. A deluxe and more comfortable version could come with blankets and pillows. Either model could come attached to trees, frames or both.

BLADDER –
    There are bushes for this already but someone mentioned an outhouse earlier. I think that’s one option. A port-a-potty is another. A less “camping” option would be just having bathroom fixtures and sinks have a less energy / water usage associated with them that cost less and give your sim a rebate on household bills.

HYGIENE –
    As I said earlier this could be covered by a regular looking shower, sink, or bathtub with an eco friendly rating that wouldn’t cost as much and cut down on expenses. For a more “camping” version, they could bring out camp showers (the ones in a bag) or reintroduce things like the “Shower in a Can” (but now in recyclable or reusable packaging) from the Sim 3 World Adventures.

Other ideas are all along the lines of reducing expenses:

Energy efficient windows, doors, light fixtures and appliances.

In regards to laundry it could be a simple as an oversized laundry sink with a “wash laundry” animation and a clothes line with “hang laundry” and “collect laundry” animations. If this was put in then there would need a laundry hamper as well.

To be completely off-grid you need to consider a few options like where your water, power, and heat is going to come from. As we don’t have seasons yet heating is no real issue so it doesn’t need to be considered right now. A well might be a good idea here for a water source. Windmills and solar panels you could set up somewhere on your sims lot would handle power needs. Any option put in for this would be a rebate on expenses so that you may even get money back or be able to sell excess energy on the computer if it was stored in batteries (which is another thing that could be created and a new cottage industry created at the same time).

Other things they could add is compost bins (in the house) and recycling bins (outside the house). The compost bins would be useable for gardening later like in the Sims 3.

The neighborhoods are fairly small so full size vehicles wouldn’t really work in them too well but bicycles and possibly electric powered motor scooters would.

In regards to furniture I see a lot of things with natural materials (stone, rocks, wood) or things that incorporate nature such as large glass windows. I see the color palette in sand, sea blue, moss green, natural wood or stone colors. I see a lot of plants (maybe eventhe hydroponic garden that was reward in the Sims 2 Slacker career track).

I don’t really see anything specifically for hair or clothing styles as there is no on fashion type shared by the people that are interested in helping the environment.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sanne22681 wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls,

Love to you all!

It's not the people voting who put laundry, solar panels, etc. in the same bucket. Maybe the designers should have called it something other than "Eco Living"? "Clean Eco Living" or something? Anyway, if you want other things than laundry to feature in this, there will be voting still on gameplay features.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I hope we can keep bees with this pack. That's one thing I miss a lot from TS3.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    unless there are a lot of beds in this pack, I don't really care
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    unless there are a lot of beds in this pack, I don't really care

Silly. Bees don't sleep in beds. They have hives.
    Flowers sleep in beds.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Well I guess I will be saving more money in the coming months and putting it towards my Orlando trip instead of the Sims, which is great news for my wallet.

It would only be like $10 anyway. Not much :)
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    There could be outside taps on the house wall for using hoses etc.

We had one at our house when I was a kid and when gypsies were camping in a local field they kept coming to our house for water from it. This frightened my mother but then she found that they had put a secret sign on our gate about it. They went away (being true travelling Romanies), she repainted the gate and we weren't troubled again.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    1. green house
    2. sprinklers
    3. clothes lines

I mentioned number 1 and number 3 already, but yes Sprinklers would also be nice, :)
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    1. green house
    2. sprinklers
    3. clothes lines

I mentioned number 1 and number 3 already, but yes Sprinklers would also be nice, :)

I agree, I hope that at least functioning sprinklers, clothes lines, and a Green house would at least be something to get this pack for.
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    I'm excited about this especially if it goes in a living green, off the grid, and off the land kind of way. I would love to see some of these:

a beat up laundry machine and/or hand washing option
    workable clothesline
    solar power to reduce or eliminate bills
    sleeping bags
    bunk beds
    canning
    composting
    raggedy decor and build items and/or recycled things for building and furniture items
    homespun looking clothes
    chicken and chicken coop
    using a stationary bicycle to make electricity
    hydroponics
    beekeeping
    making mead/nectar
    notebooks for writing (non-electric way to build up skill)
    more harvestables
    eco-friendly trait and/or aspiration
    building your own well

Woot! Woot!

• Options
    Brennachan wrote: »
    I'm excited about this especially if it goes in a living green, off the grid, and off the land kind of way. I would love to see some of these:

a beat up laundry machine and/or hand washing option
    workable clothesline
    solar power to reduce or eliminate bills
    sleeping bags
    bunk beds
    canning
    composting
    raggedy decor and build items and/or recycled things for building and furniture items
    homespun looking clothes
    chicken and chicken coop
    using a stationary bicycle to make electricity
    hydroponics
    beekeeping
    making mead/nectar
    notebooks for writing (non-electric way to build up skill)
    more harvestables
    eco-friendly trait and/or aspiration
    building your own well

Woot! Woot!

All wonderful Ideas yup, :)
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    I'd rather see Eco Living as a game pack with solar panels or modern windmills and getting a discount on your bills when placing such items. Make recycle and/or repurpose an option. Add at least one or two traits as well as skills and aspirations. How about making your own products, like soap, candles, etc.
  • Options
    lele62 wrote: »
    I'd rather see Eco Living as a game pack with solar panels or modern windmills and getting a discount on your bills when placing such items. Make recycle and/or repurpose an option. Add at least one or two traits as well as skills and aspirations. How about making your own products, like soap, candles, etc.

Ya I thought that would be better to do as well, but I guess most wanted it in a Stuff Pack, :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top