Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

Comments

• Options
    Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    Cherryl93 wrote: »
    I'm very happy Eco-living won but choosing the art style is really difficult. Can't we have both? :smile:

I'm hoping my sims will now be able to recycle and grow their own foods in their own greenhouses. (maybe even special little greenhouses or potting benches for kids?). Above all I'm definitely looking forward to doing laundry..

But I'm also still wondering what else we can expect from eco-living besides the laundry and recycle bins.. Will we have eco-friendly cars and bicycles? What about solar panels? Maybe an interaction/activity where the sims can volunteer by cleaning up the beach or neighbourhood?

And while unrelated to this specific game-pack, I would also really like it if in the future more jobs would become available. Like teachers, lawyers, architects and tv-anchors.

Either way, really looking forward to this game-pack!

I also liked both styles it was very difficult for me to choose.
  • Options
    SotrueleeSotruelee Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd like to see something along the lines of canning. My family does it to save money. And the best part is that it is organic. (Of course I believe there should be stuff related to green energy too...)
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    RobynTyler wrote: »
    lele62 wrote: »
    I understand that! With all the talk of laundry, I'm starting to get really disappointed in the coming stuff pack.

I can't imagine that the debates in the forums over the whole laundry vs Eco living has gone un-noticed by any of the Sims team, so I don't think they would give us something that a lot of fans have turned down. We've still got a long way till the features are being decided so we'll have to wait and see. I think though once the art style has been chosen that will give more of an indication of what we're likely to get.

I chose style B cause I like the clothes style a lot better then A, yup. :)
  • Options
    oneofthosegirls9oneofthosegirls9 Posts: 1 New Member
    sims 4: eco living

here are some ideas i've come up for the pack :smile:
    - new gardening pots
    - clothesline
    - bandana hairstyles for women / and little girls
    - bird houses
    - overalls
    - kiddy pools for toddlers (idk if you would consider this eco living but it's cute)
    - chicken coop
    - stomping berries (like strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc.), in a bucket (to make nectar)
  • Options
    UnixornUnixorn Posts: 1 New Member
    I am super happy with the result, even though I missed the vote I am so looking forward to Eco Living! I also know that everyone is hyped about possibly getting laundry but I would really like to see greenhouses brought back from sims 2 because I think it would really fit in with the eco living and go well with the backyard stuff :)
  • Options
    JingleBobJingleBob Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not convinced that the poll isn't messed up because of the odd voting it had you do. I almost did it backwards because I assumed 5 would be the most liked and 1 would be least, but it was the opposite entirely.

Oh well, no use crying over it, I'm glad we got a say in this and I would hope that future polls would be more common sense and straightforward.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Eco living horrible the sims community let me down.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    I'm a GP-EP girl myself, but for eco-living (if done how I hope it will be - style B) I will make an exception.
  • Options
    ellenm9814ellenm9814 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm super excited for the new pack, especially the CAS. New nature clothing sounds great!
  • Options
    glitterandkissesglitterandkisses Posts: 2 New Member
    can you make funerals a part of this pack please?!?!I was really hoping to finally be able to send my sims off properly. we could even have the "tree urn" options
  • Options
    gracethesmurfgracethesmurf Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anybody else really want ladders, great space saver and doesn't cost as much as proper staircases. Also, I just really really want a ladder xD AND I LOVE THE ECO LIVING THEME
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Unixorn wrote: »
    I am super happy with the result, even though I missed the vote I am so looking forward to Eco Living! I also know that everyone is hyped about possibly getting laundry but I would really like to see greenhouses brought back from sims 2 because I think it would really fit in with the eco living and go well with the backyard stuff :)

I'd like to see greenhouses too, but those might be too much for one Stuff Pack. I'd rather see all the gardening stuff (greenhouses, composting, sprinklers) as one Gardening Stuff pack.
    On the other hand, composting would fit in well with Eco Living.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    RedgiantRedgiant Posts: 2 New Member
    Think simple, Eco is nature friendly, Guru's please don't forget my sims relationship rewards in nature not just the new buy content, with feeding wild birds you can get 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or planting flowers you can sneeze/ that is fun and gives the new content worth
  • Options
    Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    Does anybody else really want ladders, great space saver and doesn't cost as much as proper staircases. Also, I just really really want a ladder xD AND I LOVE THE ECO LIVING THEME

Ladder would be cool for bare bone homes. I have tried to make a rags to riches kind of theme for my sims but it's hard when you try to use the minimum space possible.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Dont they get released tomorrow?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Well its the 12 where's the results?

The staff has only been at work for a couple of hours.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Well its the 12 where's the results?

The staff has only been at work for a couple of hours.

I am 2 I was bored I needed something to talk about lol
  • Options
    DebzieC61DebzieC61 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you sooo much for allowing us to participate and vote on some of the content of this SP. As a complete Simaholic, I am really very excited by the whole idea of it all. I think asking Simmers for ideas and giving them the chance to vote on things is a brilliant idea, and possibly something that could be considered when developing an EP. ;)

I am loving the idea of the Eco SP, although I didn't know about the voting at that stage, Eco would have gotten my vote. I love the idea of having washing machines ( although not exactly eco-friendly), as the more realistic things become, the more I enjoy the game. I am hoping Eco means washing lines, compost bins and even hand washing clothes would be excellent too. After only voting today, I have already got ideas buzzing around in my head and am really excited about all the possibilities. :)

As I have already said, I am a Simaholic so, anything SIMS is absolutely fine by me and a MUST have! <3<3:)
  • Options
    Mikecp21Mikecp21 Posts: 5 New Member
    Lol they can do whatever stuff and game pack they like... It'll all be worth if if we get sims 4 supernatural that's what I am waiting for!
  • Options
    FozyFozy Posts: 3 New Member
    Please let the eco pack include farming and living off the land I love the idea of building an eco friendly adobe house and having wind mills etc and to be able to have a hot house and grow vegies and raise animals and be able to take them to market and brew new herbal remedies and make chutneys and jams to sell and lemonade etc raising chickens and cows and sheep would be fantastic.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Sorry to destroy your bubble, but its an SP.
    Things like what you describe are for an EP or at least a large GP.
    The SP will have one or two gameplay objects, and the rest will be furniture, deco and clothing.
    Now that we know the Artstyle, you have a general Idea how its gonna look like.
    And since the old fashioned rustic, farm style won over the futuristic bunker looking style, solar panels, while still possible, became unlikely.
    Something along the lines of farm living is still likely, but not with Animals and overly complicated content in large amounts.
    There is an SP that gives us a dishwasher and an ice cream machine. Thats all we get, gameplay wise.
    Id love to have a chicken farm or something like that, but thats just too big for an SP.
  • Options
    Marleygirl84Marleygirl84 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really want stuff for the flowers you grow. Now I don't even bother because all you can do is sell them. I want to decorate with your flowers, or give them as gifts! More uses for herbs too, like they add more to your food.
  • Options
    Akahana_666Akahana_666 Posts: 4 New Member
    Eco Living? We better get some modern and earthy furniture and clothes. We definitely need more furniture, and clothes. Feel like we could really make this a bigger pack then just Eco Living though....add more wedding stuff, add cars, add seasons...there's your "eco" right there. Are we getting "eco" jobs as well? I hate the bowling pack...if this is another useless pack i will be done. This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    can you make funerals a part of this pack please?!?!I was really hoping to finally be able to send my sims off properly. we could even have the "tree urn" options

Of the 5 options we voted on earlier, they will choose 2 more to do, so it is possible that "Dangerous" can still be released in the future. And if it get released, maybe they add funerals to it, or not, Who knows.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top