Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I'd like to see:
    Ceiling fans that actually work with lights
    Solar panels on the roof (cut cost of electricity consumption) cos those bills are enormous!
    Spiral Stairs for smaller homes
    eco friendly windows(go on Google images and look what I'm talking about
    clotheslines for laundry
    glass walls
    of course eco friendly washers and dryers
    trash compactors
    Juicers
    Outdoor showers and tubs
    water saving toilets

It'll be interesting to see what's in this Eco-Living stuff pack has :smiley:
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Seriously? Huge disappointment. My Sims already waste so much time running to the edge of the map to say hello, failing to complete the "Wash Dishes" action, and freezing in their tracks while cancelling everything in their queue that I don't need a "feature" like laundry to waste even more of their time. The only possible saving grace about this is that it could end up taking more of a "living off the land" route.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    From the amount of stuff suggested or demanded this is working up to an Expansion or Gamepack not a Stuffpack! I hope it eventually leads to a farming or Castaway type world next year to go with it. No one is going to be satisfied, by the looks of it, with just Stuff.

I'm glad the rest of the world had a say in the poll.

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    @Mchap I don't think any of the packs are cumulative in that way.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Well, so glad to see my 1st Choice came in first globally. I also hope that this SP won't be drilled down to "All About Laundry". There is so much potential for the Eco Living to be truly game changing in the same way that the addition of Toddlers has been.

Really surprised that Arcade came in last as I figured so many simmers would want more entertainment object for our sims. You just never know what the world of simming will come up with next. Sure hope that so many of the current bugs and glitches will be addressed in multiple patches before we get this next SP.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    If its going to be Eco, I would rather expand the Gardening stuff adding more ways to get food out of gardening with more plants and something like a chicken farm (Although I think animateing chickens is maybe too much for a SP).
    I would really love solar panels. They could reduce the bills for the cost of not haveing energy dureing nighttime.
    The other half of the bills could be removed by useing a Well or something similar.
    The feautures should allow us to not need energy, water or food from outside sources we need to pay simoleons for.
    But it will probably just be laundry, and the "green technology" and "liveing of the land" will only be represented via Deco.
    That would be dissapointing.
  • Options
    XsimsenglandXXsimsenglandX Posts: 3 New Member
    Eco friendly clubs and protests. Maybe an eco guru, who can share eco friendly advice and knowledge. Reducing, reusing and recycling could be added. Insulation is a possiblity. Energy-efficient lights, more locally grown food, buying recycled items and last of all, eco friendly businesses. These are only ideas, however it would be much appreciated if some were listened to.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    @Mchap I don't think any of the packs are cumulative in that way.

I know but it might give them ideas for the future and the amount of stuff that Simmers are demanding cannot be done in a Stuffpack as has been said by SimGuruGraham.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Well eco friendly was my second choice due to the ability to do laundry. Poo poo it all you want but I loved laundry in the sims 3. I honestly don't have any ideas for an eco pack, people say eco and I picture sun panels... but I am sure it will be great!!
  • Options
    ButtercupBlueButtercupBlue Posts: 24 Member
    Can we have the cleaning skill back?
  • Options
    NommeDePlumeNommeDePlume Posts: 8 New Member
    Looking at the timeline for this, does it mean we won't see any new content until the fall, or are there more things in the pipeline for over the summer?
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    My order of preference was: 1 starter home, 2 eco pack, 3 arcade, 4 dangerous, 5 wedding
  • Options
    Looking at the timeline for this, does it mean we won't see any new content until the fall, or are there more things in the pipeline for over the summer?

It has been stated that there will be intervening packs, and some future packs are also at the discussion stage. So basically this one will be running alongside other design and development work on the game.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Okay it is a new day and I am feeling a little better bout this even though Dangerous was My choice, I think the only way I will back this pack, is if Greenhouses and compost Barrels are added back in , otherwise I am not going to bother, cause we got plants already, I do not need any more of those, I want Plant Sims added into the Sims 4 as well, so If this pack helps them get added in later then okay I am all for it, again if they never get added in then I wont bother with this pack, cause those chars and items I mentioned would be the only reason I even bother with this pack, I stay out of the woods in order to stay alive literally , so I would not bring my Sims in the woods to get killed either, that is how I feel bout it, like I said before I will only back this pack if items and chars I do use get added into the sims 4, like clothes lines and the items I mentioned before.
  • Options
    Well I didn't vote for eco either, but I am mindful that the main reason we're doing this at all is for the fun of understanding EA's development cycle for stuff packs, so I am still interested no matter who votes what.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Oh boy are people gonna get disappointed when we get a pack with one half-feature and one object that doesn't tie into anything else in the game. So much for all the dreaming going on in the forum right now. Sweet dreams, simmers. May the Packs be ever in your favor. :*
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    Oh boy are people gonna get disappointed when we get a pack with one half-feature and one object that doesn't tie into anything else in the game. So much for all the dreaming going on in the forum right now. Sweet dreams, simmers. May the Packs be ever in your favor. :*

I am far from being a dreamer by any means, I face the real world every single day and know how bad it is, so I do not have My hopes up for this pack at all, I know that I probably wont get anything I want for My game play, so that is probably why I wont bother with this so called Eco living pack, cause I face the facts not the illusion of them, :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    *big sigh* Oh well, maybe dangerous stuff could get a game pack or even an EP.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    *big sigh* Oh well, maybe dangerous stuff could get a game pack or even an EP.

I hope it does cause More Gothic stuff is what is needed in this game not Happy sunny stuff, got enough of that already.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Been reading this thread, are clotheslines/washing lines seriously that uncommon where you guys are? Here they are often included as part of a house. My mother actually prefers using the line to the dryer because she sees using a dryer as a waste of electricity and it dries out the back door lock, and only uses it in winter. For an indoor alternative, there could be a clothes horse, a small portable clothesline where things take longer to dry, and if you leave a clothesline outside unattended at night, mean neighbours come and steal your clothes.

Anyway, as others have said, there are other items that could be added:

A composting pile - especially since sims empty food of plates now. Boost gardening.

Bill reducing items, representing electricity, water or heat, such as turbines, solar panels, biomass heaters, rainwater harvesting etc. While there isn't direct consumption of electricity and water per appropriate object like Castaway Stories, they could still reduce bills and sell surplus energy (like some irl government policies and energy company deals), or an ability to go off the grid and cancel utilities for a percentage reduction in bills, or however it would mathamatically work out, and face occasional blackouts if you are not producing enough.

Urban agriculture such as beekeeping (perhaps nearby flowers can affect quality), chicken keeping,

Wood harvesting - being able to chop down the growable fruit trees, for fireplaces and a wood burning stove.

Harvestables processing, ie, preserves (fruit), arrangements (flowere) etc, which can be used with a:

Farmers' market stall, buy and sell produce, preserves, honey, eggs etc.

A difficulty with this theme is that a lot of eco living stuff is designed in a way so that you just change an object and it works itself (ie solar panels, wall insulation, low flush toilets, energy saving appliances), where you don't need to interact differently. So the main ones I can think of are mainly commune with nature type activities.

With themes I see four:

Sleek wood panelling, white walls, inset windows, touch screens and smart tech - essentially any house on Grand Designs.

Art Neauvou(?), storybook, fairytale woods, think nature inspired woodwork.

60s/70s hippie counterculture.

Rustic frontier off the grid cabin in the woods. Lots of plaid/flannel.

In addition, most of the themes can use reused and repurposed items.
  • Options
    Yup I want the Clothes line back, cause it saves on the electric bill in the spring and summer and even falls months, only use dryer in winter basically, I have seen a lot of great ideas on this thread, awesome.
  • Options
    HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    NEW PLANTS! new plantables in particular
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I can make the argument that there are a lot of us that are attached to our sims and don't want to hurt or kill them. I personally go out of my way to protect my little guys.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    I can make the argument that there are a lot of us that are attached to our sims and don't want to hurt or kill them. I personally go out of my way to protect my little guys.
    Personally I do too, but I want it to be a challenge to protect them! I don't want easy gameplay, I want it to be hard for poor sims and then for it to get easier the more I play sims and they learn more and they get more simoleons.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Been reading this thread, are clotheslines/washing lines seriously that uncommon where you guys are? Here they are often included as part of a house. My mother actually prefers using the line to the dryer because she sees using a dryer as a waste of electricity and it dries out the back door lock, and only uses it in winter. For an indoor alternative, there could be a clothes horse, a small portable clothesline where things take longer to dry, and if you leave a clothesline outside unattended at night, mean neighbours come and steal your clothes

A lot depends on what weather is like where you live. My house is on the SE coast of the US. It's not at all unusual to have humidity that is between 85 and 100%. Right now, in April, the average daily humidity is in the mid 80's.....and it's not even summer.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top