Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,813 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Woah woah woah...how did Starter Home get placed in 2nd place? The most time I've seen it was in 3rd or 4th mostly...heck even fifth. How exactly did it get 2nd?

Where did you see it in 2nd? Here on the forum? The poll was world wide.

'here's the order each theme placed in...

1. Eco Living
    2. Starter Home
    3. Dangerous
    4. Wedding
    5. Arcade' :)

Yes but what I meant to imply is that you only saw that from here on the forum and maybe twitter and facebook.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    No :s:'(:o . I wanted cemeteries and I thought it would be a sure winner, but never expected it to be third :o . I did pick starter homes 2nd. With that out of the way, while I picked Eco Living 4th behind Weddings, I like the part above in your description that talks about living in ways that are in tune with nature and living off the land. I haven't read any of the Eco posts at all, so not sure what that includes, but that part sounds promising. Just plain appliances or eco living sounds boring :/ . I'm interested to see what being in tune with nature and living off the land might offer though. Thanks for the voting project and letting us decide. I wish we could do that with all content we get with just a few surprises unrevealed. <3 I think simmers would be happier about that as long as some of it remained unrevealed and kept as a surprise until it came out. Here's to hoping. :)<3

I'm with you! I wanted a morbid pack, haha, but for Eco, I love the angle for living off the land. I'd like to see a water well and lots of plants, maybe an outhouse. I really don't care much about laundry or housework-related objects.
    #Team Occult
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Awesome! I'm happy one of the most favorable themes won, we could have been stuck with starter home or wedding!

I'm really looking forwards for laundry in this, I think laundry is a thing that impacts everyday gameplay for all families of all incomes. It could have the biggest impact on the gameplay.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2017
    I knew it congrats to Eco Living and @KatyJay88 and @friendlysimmers especially with the laundry but my surprise is Starter pack coming in second and Dangerous in third I thought it would be other way around and also with Weddings and Arcades.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Next level sounds exciting!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,813 Member
    @friendlysimmers is going to be so happy. :)
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Can we please get an explanation of how laundry is eco-friendly? xD When one thinks of washing machines, earth friendly doesn't come to mind.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If it was a living off the land kind of theme, I'd actually think this would be a great moment to throw in self-employment so gardeners truly can live off the land by selling their own tomatoes (either indirectly or directly to the produce vendors in the city) - and I mean, while you're at it, you could give this option to other skills haha ... But yes .. I probably only say this cause I want self-employment so much lol ;) anyway, laundry would be a nice feature, but if laundry was the "main focus" I think the pack would have to add a lot of nice stuff or combine it with something else, like air conditioning / heating (even if heating might for now only be an option at night or whatever, so you can *uch* expand it later *uch * when seasons are added ;)), maybe an extra charge for wasting energy by never turning any lights off, whatdoIknow .. just a tat more than laundry alone :D
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I wanted the dangerous theme pretty bad, but I think Eco Living will be an interesting pack to work with.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Can we please get an explanation of how laundry is eco-friendly? xD When one thinks of washing machines, earth friendly doesn't come to mind.

Well, I mean, aren't most laundry machines these days made to be more energy efficient and space saving and less clunky and mechanical? It seems that companies are always working to improve on that. And there's always the possibility of having those old clothes lines to hang your wash on to dry instead of using a dryer, I suppose.
    #Team Occult
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    After a vote spanning four days, eco living has emerged as the winning theme! We've compiled the results from all of the various regions players around the world voted from, and here's the order each theme placed in...

1. Eco Living
    2. Starter Home
    3. Dangerous
    4. Wedding
    5. Arcade

With a winner selected, we can all look forward to the next important step of development, and to focus discussion here on the forum towards eco living.

So, just what is next? Well, on April 10th we'll kick off another big vote to determine the art style for our eco living theme. Eco living means different things to different people, and I'm excited for all of you to share your vision. I'd suggest that we all think of eco living as a starting point for where this pack could go, rather than using the theme as a box that we constrain our ideas within.

As you saw in the theme vote, there are a number of potential directions we could take. Will laundry be the primary feature? Will green technology that responsibly enhances our home life play a significant role? Or, will we focus on living in ways that are in tune with nature and living off the land? For now, these are excellent discussions to have within this forum. Eventually we will have to narrow the pack down from our broad theme to a very specific direction. Going forward, your votes will help solidify the answers to these questions.

If you're curious to learn more about what happens to the themes that didn't win, I invite you to click here and read my other thread on that subject.

While this was not my top choice the fact is I still had a lot of fun participating in this cause at least my voice was heard (via loudspeaker and flat out screaming AHHHHHH! lol sorry) this is such a neat and positive way to getting the community involved and I believe Eco stuff was my second choice though so at least I almost picked it. Can't wait for the next stage of development and of course the votes! :)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It was the laundry, wasn't it? Dang, if they had included washers in Arcade, that might've won.
    Anyway, cool!*
    And again, Graham, thanks for allowing us to be part of the process.

*By "cool," I don't mean "air-conditioned cool," because, you know, not eco.

Haha, I seriously want to see how someone would fit laundry into an arcade theme and make it work. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm surprised Starter Homes made it as far as it did. Good job. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited April 2017
    You shouldn't get swimming pool stuff in Eco, you should get large puddles or be able to swim in the sea or canals! Anything less eco than swimming pools would be hard to find. A reservoir or water tower perhaps?
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    It was the laundry, wasn't it? Dang, if they had included washers in Arcade, that might've won.
    Anyway, cool!*
    And again, Graham, thanks for allowing us to be part of the process.

*By "cool," I don't mean "air-conditioned cool," because, you know, not eco.

Haha, I seriously want to see how someone would fit laundry into an arcade theme and make it work. :D

Play Pac-Man after school wash your underwear after homework
  • JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    @SimGuruGraham I just wanted to say thank you for allowing the community to help choose a theme for this stuff pack. We really appreciated our voices being heard, and I think in the end this pack will be amazing! :)
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • ThinkMissPinkThinkMissPink Posts: 160 Member
    I am so thankful I had the opportunity to vote on this! Thank you!!

:smiley:
    “I'm curious about that chicken, eating the rock. I mean, he seems to lack the basic intelligence required for pretty much... everything.”
    ―A villager discussing Heihei
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Called it. B)

I knew the Laundry would win too. Graham (I think) tweeted in September 2016 about wanting to make a laundry pack, and wanted the community to make noise about it.
    When I saw the themes to vote for, I felt there was really only 3 of them that actually fit the stuff pack model (one or two premium objects, and a combination of CAS and build/buy items). Starter homes, eco, and arcade were the only ones that really fit the limitations of a stuff pack design IMO.

I feel like weddings and funerals would be better suited in maybe an expansion pack, maybe something like a cradle to grave concept. Having firefighters and burglars back, more random deaths/accidents. Fleshing out of all the life states with unique interactions and activities. Maybe also being able to plan events to occur within the next 24-48 hours instead of immediately. Wedding planner active career, funeral director career. Bachelor and bachelorette parties, slumber parties, teen parties, curfews. Grumpy elders, sweet, frail elders. Stuff packs are to limited for these types of ideas of game play.

I am happy for the people that desperately wanted to have washers and dryers back in the game, personally I don't think that having another chore for my sims to do (although it will probably be a skill they have to get to level 10), and some detergent bottles, a couple of hairs and clothing items or and having to pick up all the dirty clothes that sims will leave everywhere will want to make me want to buy the pack, but I am sure others will enjoy it.

Plus, out of all the choices, this would be the easiest to do. They can re-use a lot of animations from previous sims games, and maybe even re-use the washers and dryers from the past games with minimal adjustments.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Congrats to those who wanted Eco Living! I am personally offended that Dangerous came in third. :D Called it though! Interested in seeing the next phase of this project.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    I wouldn't expect them to expand on the whole eco thing too much. It's a stuff pack afterall with limited production time and budget. It'll probably be all about laundry and decorative solar panels that lower the bills. I hope I'm wrong.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    yay that is good news better start planing a laundry room for my sims home then lol
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I'm hoping for a composting bin so we can use our trash and spoiled food to fertilize our gardens. Maybe it could be a higher quality fertilizer since we're recycling and keeping the trash out of landfills.
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    When I think of what the game NEEDS to be fun, a washing machine doesn't come to mind.
    Really disappointed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top