Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    I can make the argument that there are a lot of us that are attached to our sims and don't want to hurt or kill them. I personally go out of my way to protect my little guys.

The solution is to not do anything to hurt them. So far most of the harm that comes to Sims is something the player has triggered.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Actually if the pack ends up centering primarily on laundry after all I hope they'll give us a laundromat venue with a couple of vending machines and maybe magazines to read lol. I still think this would've fit so, so well in CL as a hangout inside the apartment buildings but hey :)
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Since Weddings & Funerals didn't make the cut, maybe those concepts will be used in the upcoming pack that seems to deal with Families. What would also be cool is if they added weather/seasons... To me that's the biggest thing missing. You could easily see how it could be a feature that could connect to Families, but it would really make sense for Eco Living too. Weather is really important if you're going to say anything "eco". And I've seen other users comment how layers for the outdoors would be awesome. I would love that. Depending on the season, they might wear different clothes, or they might only put on shoes, jackets, scarves or hats, etc., when they go outside (depending on the weather).

I did not really miss doing laundry but have simulated laundry stuff in my homes just to make houses seem more complete. They don't need the extra chore imho.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    (And yeah I know that what I'm talking about might be too much for certain smaller level packs...)
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I really hope the new pack is about helping sims live with minimal technology because I like to play historical themes :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    I can make the argument that there are a lot of us that are attached to our sims and don't want to hurt or kill them. I personally go out of my way to protect my little guys.

Thank you glad I am not the only one who thinks that way, much appreciated.
  • KAZEINWONDERLANDKAZEINWONDERLAND Posts: 19 New Member
    @SimGuruGraham

For the next vote:
    Will we be able to see the concept arts of the styles we're voting for or will we only get a description of each possible style?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    @SimGuruGraham

For the next vote:
    Will we be able to see the concept arts of the styles we're voting for or will we only get a description of each possible style?

Good question, thanks for thinking of it!
  • chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    @SimGuruGraham, I'm actually excited about this pack! (It's been awhile since I have been excited about any of the sims packs. ) Eco-Friendly.... Cars... gotta be a TESLA. Also thinking the battery for the house.... Now where is Elon Musk? Can a branding deal be worked out?
    YES please, Tesla. I can't afford one, so at least my Sims could have it. I don't care that they would only sit in it and then disappear off the screen. I don't care that I could save the money to buy an actual car. I just want it. And self-sufficient homes with no bills. Please.
  • MarFloCaroMarFloCaro Posts: 2 New Member
    Weather/seasons additions would fit the theme and add a lot to gameplay! But that would be suitable for an expansion pack, not a stuff pack I guess. I desperately need new holiday destinations, a rain forest or jungle, a beach... and new entertainment objects/activities related to those :smile: Eco-appliances of course would be great, but Eco-destinations would add a lot more!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    I would like to see an new Aspiration with this stuff pack - like Eco-Friendly Aspiration. Also, a canning table to make your own preserves, maybe even a candle making table - that would be cool.
  • Wither1000Wither1000 Posts: 72 Member
    When I think of eco friendly I think of green energy and composting. There could be a lot of outside stuff or you could go with solar panels and double paned windows. :)
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    @SimGuruGraham

For the next vote:

We'll be sharing two art styles via concept art that represents a small slice of what we hope to accomplish with the pack's objects/clothing. Once one is selected, we'll create even more pieces of concept art leading up to the Objects & Clothing vote on May 18th where you'll select individual assets that you want to see in the pack.

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    Clothing as in Farmer Jeans type stuff I take it? , this I got to see, :) , Daisy Duke's , bring them on, :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    looking forward to this as well @SimGuruGraham and your also welcome to use any of the pictures i posted or fellow simmers posted if you see some good ideas as well in my chices that i will put as #1 #2 #3 and #4 if ever chose i would use for sure as well as the laundry room pic if made as a full room as well since its also a #memory for me that i would love in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes, yes, yes! Some of my sims would love to be preppers or survivalists or urban gardeners. I especially like the idea of beehives, pump/wells, and the composting toilet. Can I get a go bag for emergencies? It would be great if we could turn off the electricity and/or water to have an "emergency" or just practice for one. For my sims who just want to look like they care about the environment, can I get something like the "energy star" label as a sticker to slap on objects?
    ghilie wrote: »
    I would love for this pack to go in a living-off-the-land direction. I think putting the focus on living off the land allows people more storytelling options, such as frontier, apocalypse, and other world-rebuilding stories. Last week I tried to make a house inspired by the show Live Free or Die, specifically the homestead. I wanted to be able to add the following:
    * composting toilet or outhouse
    * laundry lines
    * beehives
    * a chicken coop
    * more candle options for lighting
    * a refrigerator that only allows you to cook recipes you have the ingredients for
    * a water pump/well
    * a bathtub that requires you to add water by bucket

Someone upthread suggested a "no electricity" lot trait. This is a fantastic idea.

• professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Yes, if there is going to be a new interactive object, something like canning or beekeeping or even a well you can pump and drink from.
    But canning or beekeeping would be the coolest.
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    I would like to see an new Aspiration with this stuff pack - like Eco-Friendly Aspiration. Also, a canning table to make your own preserves, maybe even a candle making table - that would be cool.

• AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't care at all for laundry or other household chores myself. I do appreciate the 'life simulation' aspect of the game to an extent, but I'm definitely of a mind that there's a point where realism impedes fun gameplay. That said, obviously there are a lot of folks who want to send their Sims off to do laundry, so that's fine. I am not set on buying every pack out there -- to the contrary, I'm perfectly fine with skipping some. (I've never bought all the packs for any iteration of the The Sims yet, unless you count getting the 'Ultimate Edition' of TS2, but that was free.)

I do think that there are a lot of people wishing for the moon here. FWIW, I'd rather see stuff like the solar panels to reduce your bills and things that are -actually- eco-friendly. But the reality is: It's a STUFF pack. So I wouldn't be expecting more than a couple items with actual new gameplay. And honestly, it's pretty clear that the laundry lovers have gotten the pack this far -- I seriously doubt the features vote will end up seeing anything other than washer/dryer on top. After that, it's generally going to be mostly furniture and clothing, I'd expect. Some recycling bins are likely, as that's basically just a recolor of the trash can. Stuff like that. But it's not going to have a whole gamut of gameplay items.

My own interest in the actual pack as a purchase has waned, but I'm definitely still interested in taking part in this process. I think it's really cool that the Gurus have set this up to share the design process with us. So for that, I'll stick around and see how things unfold, certainly.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Well eco friendly was my second choice due to the ability to do laundry. Poo poo it all you want but I loved laundry in the sims 3. I honestly don't have any ideas for an eco pack, people say eco and I picture sun panels... but I am sure it will be great!!

I agree with you on this!

I think it's really way too early to tell how it may come out at this point. I mean it's only just been announced for crying out loud.

Also, if it's anything like Sims 3 (admittedly I actually liked the laundry aspect in that series), who's to say it won't be optional--so those of us who like/want to play with the laundry part of the pack can do so, but it may not be "required" for those who may choose not to play with it (ie if you don't like it, you don't have to buy a washer and dryer set)?

For this pack, I foresee maybe "greener" energy forms, maybe recycling bins and even composting added as well as maybe some new upgrades added to make existing appliances or plumbing or gadgets, etc. that can be upgraded even more efficient in some way (ie maybe make appliances/electronics more energy-efficient by upgrading them or use even less water, etc.)?
  • Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    I came across this just now and I'd love to be able to build homes with grass-covered roofs, so that smaller homes could have their gardens on the roof, or at least look like they're built into the ground.
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    im glad we asked about this as it makes us feel they are listening to our wants and not wants and the more ppl vote for something @ least we know its something we all truly wantold-fashioned-washing-machine-for-Old-Fashion-you-with-fetching-color-ideas-1.jpg
    or https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9d/9e/4d/9d9e4d1773b561b0a3a7f4a22c898ca8.jpg would be great for eco washer or just one of the nicer/modern looking ones what use less water
    im glad we asked about this as it makes us feel they are listening to our wants and not wants and the more ppl vote for something @ least we know its something we all truly wantold-fashioned-washing-machine-for-Old-Fashion-you-with-fetching-color-ideas-1.jpg
    or https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9d/9e/4d/9d9e4d1773b561b0a3a7f4a22c898ca8.jpg would be great for eco washer or just one of the nicer/modern looking ones what use less water

While I am not particularly a fan of laundry in the game, if it comes, I'd definitely prefer there to be the option to use traditional items like you've posted, as well as washing machines. I guess for me the choice comes to traditional AND modern laundry or not at all. :)
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member

While I am not particularly a fan of laundry in the game, if it comes, I'd definitely prefer there to be the option to use traditional items like you've posted, as well as washing machines. I guess for me the choice comes to traditional AND modern laundry or not at all. :)

I prefer the more modern ones too but i still like the older ones too =)
  • danplayer01danplayer01 Posts: 25 New Member
    I really want to see solar panels on homes and businesses, maybe even a solar farm somewhere. I think it would be great to add wind turbines in the background somewhere. How about healthier foods? Organic? Laundry would be an interesting feature, but i'm not that interested. I would e much happier with environmentally friendly additions.

I prefer the more modern ones too but i still like the older ones too =)

I quite often do historical themes but the game relies so much on technology, more so than its predecessors, it can be quite hard. I did a game recently where the sims were only allowed to earn money living off the land and painting for the first few generations (basically, no jobs and no writing), and only use technology for absolute essentials, and it was just SO boring because I couldn't do much beyond collecting things (I find that tedious).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top