Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

Comments

• Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    EHRGEIZ_HQ wrote: »
    Wow, man. I can't believe laundry day came in first place, while arcades came in dead last. I don't think I could be more disappointed with this outcome. This may actually be the first pack I skip...

At least SimGuruGraham has already said that just because a pack you voted for didn't win, doesn't mean it's been taken off the list completely. More like, put on hold for the time being. But seriously, arcades got last place??? I can't believe we live in a world where people would rather do laundry than spend a day at the arcade with your closest friends. I just can't wrap my head around that.

Eco Living was my top pick, but I didn't have laundry in mind when I voted for it. I was more interested in solar panels, wind mills, homesteading, recycling, repurposing, etc. Laundry isn't eco-friendly in my mind. Everyone in real life has laundry and many buy energy efficient machines, but that does not mean that person lives an eco-friendly lifestyle.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    lele62 wrote: »
    Wow, man. I can't believe laundry day came in first place, while arcades came in dead last. I don't think I could be more disappointed with this outcome. This may actually be the first pack I skip...

At least SimGuruGraham has already said that just because a pack you voted for didn't win, doesn't mean it's been taken off the list completely. More like, put on hold for the time being. But seriously, arcades got last place??? I can't believe we live in a world where people would rather do laundry than spend a day at the arcade with your closest friends. I just can't wrap my head around that.

Eco Living was my top pick, but I didn't have laundry in mind when I voted for it. I was more interested in solar panels, wind mills, homesteading, recycling, repurposing, etc. Laundry isn't eco-friendly in my mind. Everyone in real life has laundry and many buy energy efficient machines, but that does not mean that person lives an eco-friendly lifestyle.

The problem I am having with this pack, is some of that stuff probably will not go into a stuff pack, like the wind mills and solar panels and such, so I can only imagine how little will be added to this stuff pack, so I guess I could be happy that My pick of Dangerous did not Win, cause I am hoping it goes in a GP, :)
  • Options

The problem I am having with this pack, is some of that stuff probably will not go into a stuff pack, like the wind mills and solar panels and such, so I can only imagine how little will be added to this stuff pack, so I guess I could be happy that My pick of Dangerous did not Win, cause I am hoping it goes in a GP, :)

I understand that! With all the talk of laundry, I'm starting to get really disappointed in the coming stuff pack.
  • Options
    RobynTylerRobynTyler Posts: 38 Member
    I understand that! With all the talk of laundry, I'm starting to get really disappointed in the coming stuff pack.

I can't imagine that the debates in the forums over the whole laundry vs Eco living has gone un-noticed by any of the Sims team, so I don't think they would give us something that a lot of fans have turned down. We've still got a long way till the features are being decided so we'll have to wait and see. I think though once the art style has been chosen that will give more of an indication of what we're likely to get.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    RobynTyler wrote: »

I can't imagine that the debates in the forums over the whole laundry vs Eco living has gone un-noticed by any of the Sims team, so I don't think they would give us something that a lot of fans have turned down. We've still got a long way till the features are being decided so we'll have to wait and see. I think though once the art style has been chosen that will give more of an indication of what we're likely to get.

I had a vision today. Have you thought about the art style? I really hope that it's not a Sim version of Mr. Clean? How about "Leave It To Beaver" sim family with the mom putting in a load of laundry? Sorry. I am just as disapointed as you, but I figure what's done is done, and so I will try to see if I can channel my energy to help with ideas (if we can as a community) on how to implement any knew features? We could come together to make laundry less boring! Too much? Sorry
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    RobynTyler wrote: »

I had a vision today. Have you thought about the art style? I really hope that it's not a Sim version of Mr. Clean? How about "Leave It To Beaver" sim family with the mom putting in a load of laundry? Sorry. I am just as disapointed as you, but I figure what's done is done, and so I will try to see if I can channel my energy to help with ideas (if we can as a community) on how to implement any knew features? We could come together to make laundry less boring! Too much? Sorry

Art style vote starts tomorrow. Eager to see the choices. Love Leave It To Beaver. :)
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I know the voting starts tomorrow, just those images came to mind and made me laugh. I also thought of maybe Rosie the Riveter holding a bottle of tide as a sim, but then realized that younger simmers wouldn't get the reference, lol
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i will make sure to vote and i will also be voting for the return of laundry in the sims4 of course
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2017
    I actually like the idea of laundry. This is supposed to be a life sim and dirty clothes make sense to be added. If I remember correctly you didn't need to actually do laundry in the Sims 3 as the laundry wouldn't be generated unless you actually purchased something related to that. If you didn't then you could just avoid it entirely. I think that if they add laundry then they should also add furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters, and boilers. This would be a good link up to a Seasons pack in that temperature would have an affect on our sims. Perhaps it could be called "The Sims 4: Utility". These things have never been in game before and really it just doesn't make sense that they aren't included based (again) on this being a life sim. If you have snow on the ground chances are very good your home is going to be freezing and your sim will run the risk of hypothermia if you don't have an active heating system. If it is too hot then you will have different negative effects. This just makes sense for a life sim.
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    A decoration of some sort for walls that mimics the out door rocks to make it easier to build "mountain" homes or cave homes. Washer and dryer electric and non electric, stackable would be nice also, bicycles to roam around the neighborhood, hydroponics, green houses, windows made out of recycled bottles, short fencing that looks like stones or bamboo, so pretty much green living in a nut shell. Can't wait for voting to open!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Could have something to do with the fact that we already have so much "fun fun fun" content, so people are looking for something more mundane. Or the blurb for it just didn't pique that many peoples' interest compared to the others.

I don't know that it means anything about "what world we live in." :tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    CoreyTessCoreyTess Posts: 48 Member
    space saving stair cases, yes! Spiral or cube, even ladders - ways to build taking up less room for stairs. I like the idea of green houses, if we go into eco stuff - that would be best combined with the release of an update that brings us WEATHER!
    Catch Up with My Sims Stuff Here simfablife.blogspot.com
    tumblr_oa663idSUS1v00mydo1_500.gif

• Options
    nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm just hoping Eco-Living creates some sort of optional challenge in the game. I feel like with all the extra fun content we have received from past stuff packs it has made the game a little overwhelming; though don't get me wrong I still absolutely love the Sims 4, but I'm just hoping that the new stuff pack includes a more challenging aspect in the game and something simple yet story driven for all styles of playing. I love family life in the game, so possibly something that will work around that area would be nice? I hope that makes sense.

I'd love to hear everyone else's ideas and opinions for Eco-Living. :)
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Oh boy are people gonna get disappointed when we get a pack with one half-feature and one object that doesn't tie into anything else in the game. So much for all the dreaming going on in the forum right now. Sweet dreams, simmers. May the Packs be ever in your favor. :*

People's inability to understand the limitations of stuff packs, seems to be a big problem on the forum in general. A big part of why I didn't get why so many people here seem to be so hung up on the dangerous theme, is that there is no way that what they want for the dangerous theme, could possibly be done in a stuff pack.

One of the reasons I voted for the starter home pack, is because it's the one theme that would actually work best as a stuff pack. Because you'd have gotten a lot of redos of objects that they've already got animations for. Like new counters, new fridges, new chairs, wallpapers, floors... in a way that you could easier built a home that looked cheap, and that would be affordable for a new family without cheats. Add new bunk beds, or a bed you can stuff away in the wall as a gameplay item, and it could have been awesome.

Whatever artstyle and gameplay they go with for eco, people should still realize that for the most part the pac will be decor items, build and buy objects and some new clothes. There won't be the dozens of gameplay items that people seem to want to have.

For me personally, I just hope the 'stuff' will be in a style I like, and that the cas items won't take up too much of the pack. (unless it's new clothing for toddlers, which I sincerely doubt it'll be)
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    Cant help but thinking if some people, like myself, voted "wrong" by mistake. Im quite sure that both laundry and wedding packs has been wanted for a long time... :#
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I'm loving this whole process of being involved in the development of stuff packs. I hope this becomes a regular thing, @SimGuruGraham :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    lostnijkidlostnijkid Posts: 1 New Member
    I checked out the art style vote today I feel like I liked the furniture in A but the clothing in B
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i voted b and i also like the furniture
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    HCSau wrote: »
    I'm loving this whole process of being involved in the development of stuff packs. I hope this becomes a regular thing, @SimGuruGraham :)

It would be amazing if we could do it for a Game Pack or even Expansion Pack. But as I haven't bought a Stuff Pack since Sims 2, i am really interested in how this one goes. Who knows, this might be my first Stuff Pack in years!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    rosieforstrosieforst Posts: 5 New Member
    i hope this means maybe some more simpler beds and comfortable furniture that is higher on the comfort scale and is not victorian!? its frustrating to keep building houses and places that have a theme but then having to use the victorian style bed because its "comfortable" i hope for more eco friendly style furniture.

also, while we are at it, it would be nice if we could increase handiness by upgrading furniture and beds and chairs like we do appliances.

like if a bed is cheap but also really pleasing to the eye and always giving my sims a sore back, it would be nice to upgrade the bed thru the handiness skill and even pay simoleons to do so, so the furniture matches our visions? I hope that makes sense!
  • Options
    Kawaiis1merKawaiis1mer Posts: 4 New Member
    hiiii soooo if this pack is about the environment should we expect season changing? i mean its summer all the time and that's not the case in most places. thank you for reading my comment :)
  • Options
    Well, I voted on the art style. I wasn't thrilled with either especially since they look like laundry rooms. That's not Eco Living!!
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Voted for Art Style but it was a difficult choice.
    Style A could represent the Upscale ? Preppy ? Sims who have decided to become "Earth Friendly".
    Style B could represent the more Off-the-grid SIms living off the land in a rural setting.
    That is my opinion :+1:
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @Mariefoxprice83 I agree with you, so I hope everyone comes out for this. I have a feeling it should be popular. :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    Cherryl93Cherryl93 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm very happy Eco-living won but choosing the art style is really difficult. Can't we have both? :smile:

I'm hoping my sims will now be able to recycle and grow their own foods in their own greenhouses. (maybe even special little greenhouses or potting benches for kids?). Above all I'm definitely looking forward to doing laundry..

But I'm also still wondering what else we can expect from eco-living besides the laundry and recycle bins.. Will we have eco-friendly cars and bicycles? What about solar panels? Maybe an interaction/activity where the sims can volunteer by cleaning up the beach or neighbourhood?

And while unrelated to this specific game-pack, I would also really like it if in the future more jobs would become available. Like teachers, lawyers, architects and tv-anchors.

Either way, really looking forward to this game-pack!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top