Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Has Sold Over 5M Copies

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    At least we can now once and for all settle that sims 4 did not flop in it's sales. Discuss Politely.

This does not count for those of us who bought the base game but no longer play like myself. Just go play your game an enjoy it and stop with these debate threads which just start arguments in the end.

if you don't play what the heck are you doing on the Sims 4 forum? "Stop" coming here and arguing over something you have no idea about.

the forums are here for people who don't play anymore to lol. we don't play the game here ya know what do you think the forums are here for.
    discussions ;)
    just people who love it and play it lol.

Yeah and where do people who don't love it go to the sims 3 forum? of course not...

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Customer loyalty. They've built a franchise of games for over 17 years. However, that doesn't mean all customers are happy or satisfied with the overall product. There's a big difference between sales and customer satisfaction ratings. They can (and usually do) affect each other eventually, but not necessarily at the same time.

But maybe that's not what you were wanting to discuss? You left this very open ended.

Of course it doesn't mean everyone is happy with the product. Sales never mean that, not of any product, no matter how many of a product are sold. I don't see that anyone is claiming it means that, either.

But I can see good reason for posting this info. There's been so much discussion here over whether that 5M pin meant 5 million sold. Now we know that over 5 million have been sold, so that discussion can be put to bed.

thats nothing to be proud of. it is the lowest seller in the whole series
    not having it for other platforms don't help. all the other series provided this.
    the others all sold more than that.

That's entirely speculation. We don't know actual figures for Sims 4 sales, only that it's over 5 million.

And this is about a new fact, not "pride" in anything. It is a fact that there was dispute over whether the 5M pin meant 5 million sales or something else. We now know that the game has sold over 5 million, so that part of the dispute is done. End of story. Enjoy whichever game you enjoy. Sales don't impact that.
    Customer loyalty. They've built a franchise of games for over 17 years. However, that doesn't mean all customers are happy or satisfied with the overall product. There's a big difference between sales and customer satisfaction ratings. They can (and usually do) affect each other eventually, but not necessarily at the same time.

But maybe that's not what you were wanting to discuss? You left this very open ended.

Of course it doesn't mean everyone is happy with the product. Sales never mean that, not of any product, no matter how many of a product are sold. I don't see that anyone is claiming it means that, either.

But I can see good reason for posting this info. There's been so much discussion here over whether that 5M pin meant 5 million sold. Now we know that over 5 million have been sold, so that discussion can be put to bed.

thats nothing to be proud of. it is the lowest seller in the whole series
    not having it for other platforms don't help. all the other series provided this.
    the others all sold more than that.

That's entirely speculation. We don't know actual figures for Sims 4 sales, only that it's over 5 million.

And this is about a new fact, not "pride" in anything. It is a fact that there was dispute over whether the 5M pin meant 5 million sales or something else. We now know that the game has sold over 5 million, so that part of the dispute is done. End of story. Enjoy whichever game you enjoy. Sales don't impact that.

year its a fact its the lowest selling sims game.

all the people who paid for it you don't even play anymore. a lot less simmers even come here.

is it now. speculation. I will just have to agree to disagree with your whole post to. the sims series as sold over 100m since the first game.

I just think 5m or so from this game is pretty bad.
    I would love to the how much it made in total from the sims 4.why its not avalable lol.

hey it's not like i'm asking you to agree with me.
    chill dude...

Not a "dude," and yes, I agree: it is speculation that it's the lowest-selling Sims game. There is no public data to demonstrate whether it is or not, including anything that ties sales with where people choose to communicate online (single-topic forums are one of only many places for that these days). Public data on this would be lovely to have, if it mattered at all to enjoying the game. Fortunately, it doesn't :)

Yours,
    a chill non-dude
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I'm glad the game is selling well. Looks good for the future.

that's not selling well if true.
    looks bad for the future.

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

Not thinking about the future
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited March 2017
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Only just about half of what TS3 has sold then:
    Electronic Arts released The Sims 3 to retailers worldwide and available by digital download on June 2, 2009.[6] The sequel, developed by The Sims Studio, was announced by EA in November 2006. The game is set 25 years prior the original game, and features an open, seamless neighborhood, improved tools for sim creation, enhanced build and buy mode functions, and the introduction of wishes and goals. The game also introduces a new form of directed gameplay through small, step-wise goals presented as opportunities which the player may choose to pursue or refuse. The Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies in the first week, making it the largest release in PC gaming history at the time.[7] The game has sold over 10 million copies worldwide since its release.

The above is taken from Wikipedia and may well already be out of date.

Also there may or may not be a reason why I highlighted some sentences in italics :blush:

Sims 3 only sold 7.7 million copies on pc. Which is the number you should use to compare, because sims 4 never got a console version.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

A lot of unrealisable sources on there or 'better sources needed'

In fact I dare say that someone has only just added TS4 to that list.

How do I not know that list has been edited within the last hour?

*waves hand* I know! I was the one that added TS4 to that list... several months ago.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

Not selling well? A 5m+ sales figure is great for a pc game as most won't even come close to that. The fact is that TS3 has only sold 7m, and Ts2 around 6m (I might need to recheck that ts2 number), so for the game to surpass the 5m mark is very good.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    If you're around here though, for the love of the Mighty don't get the McDonald's ice cream. Tastes like flea collar. :neutral:
    I don't wanna know how you know that, but that's the best comparison ever.

I don't think their hamburgers are good, exactly, but sometimes that's just what I'm cravin'. And since we don't have White Castles out here in the West, Mickey D's will have to do.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Not selling well? A 5m+ sales figure is great for a pc game as most won't even come close to that. The fact is that TS3 has only sold 7m, and Ts2 around 6m (I might need to recheck that ts2 number), so for the game to surpass the 5m mark is very good.

not conpaired to the others,

TS3 Sold over 10m
    TS2 Sold over 13m
    TS4 5m

now the sims made over 100 from the start. before 4 even arrived. 5m makes TS4 the lowest seller if true.

yeah it great it sold i mean we might not see TS5 if it diden't but it still makes it the bottom out of the 4 games.

it was not very populor at the start. i mean all the tools and features removed. quite a lot still not included to it. will have had an effect in it's sales.
    anyway if its true yes it made money but not really a huge hit with larger sales.

• Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited March 2017

TS3 Sold over 10m
    TS2 Sold over 13m
    TS4 5m

now the sims made over 100 from the start. before 4 even arrived. 5m makes TS4 the lowest seller if true.

yeah it great it sold i mean we might not see TS5 if it diden't but it still makes it the bottom out of the 4 games.

it was not very populor at the start. i mean all the tools and features removed. quite a lot still not included to it. will have had an effect in it's sales.
    anyway if its true yes it made money but not really a huge hit with larger sales.
    You can't use these numbers. They combine the sales of pc, console and even nintendo versions. Sims 4 is only available on pc and sims 2 sold 6 million and sims 3 7.7 million on pc.

• Options
    TheSimer wrote: »

TS3 Sold over 10m
    TS2 Sold over 13m
    TS4 5m

You can't use these numbers. They combine the sales of pc, console and even nintendo versions. Sims 4 is only available on pc and sims 2 sold 6 million and sims 3 7.7 million on pc.

yes they do

in total all plantforms at the time

TS2 6M pc, 13m with all plantforms.
    TS3 10M all plantforms.

100m made in the past just makes the sims 4 the less seller with 5m.

• Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    So first The Sims 4 was a failure because it hadn't reached the 5 million mark. Now The Sims 4 is a failure because it has only reached the 5 million mark. Man, some of you could have quite a career in Congress.

Carry on.

dude, I did not say it was a failure...

• Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    I'm glad the sales of the Sims 4 have been good enough, that the Sims 5 has a good chance of occurring in the future.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Only just about half of what TS3 has sold then:
    Electronic Arts released The Sims 3 to retailers worldwide and available by digital download on June 2, 2009.[6] The sequel, developed by The Sims Studio, was announced by EA in November 2006. The game is set 25 years prior the original game, and features an open, seamless neighborhood, improved tools for sim creation, enhanced build and buy mode functions, and the introduction of wishes and goals. The game also introduces a new form of directed gameplay through small, step-wise goals presented as opportunities which the player may choose to pursue or refuse. The Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies in the first week, making it the largest release in PC gaming history at the time.[7] The game has sold over 10 million copies worldwide since its release.

The above is taken from Wikipedia and may well already be out of date.

Also there may or may not be a reason why I highlighted some sentences in italics :blush:

I don't know if you're trying to show off sims 3, but that is since 2009. That meand sims 4 had sold half of sims 3's sales in 2 and a half years, compared to sims 3's 8 years.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    At least we can now once and for all settle that sims 4 did not flop in it's sales. Discuss Politely.

This does not count for those of us who bought the base game but no longer play like myself. Just go play your game an enjoy it and stop with these debate threads which just start arguments in the end.

I worded myself VERY carefully. It did not flop in sales. Emphasis on SALES.

I never once said if people continued playing.
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    The Sims 4 has been out for less than 3 years and people are comparing it's sales to games that were out since 2004 and 2009? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least use the figures they sold after 2.5 years...

That's just totally unfair. Those games had 7+ years to rack up those sales. In fact, this means the Sims 4 at this rate will outsell them.

So the real joke is on those who try to mock the Sims 4
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    With regards to the sales, this is a good thing because it probably ensures that there will be a The Sims 5. Hopefully they will not make the same mistakes they did with The Sims 4 and will release it when it is finished, not two years too soon.

Actually this is a good thing, because it ensure they will continue to update and create content for Sims 4.

I did play Sims 4 when it was first released, and then stopped playing for over a year, yes, partly due to the game feeling lackluster (primarily the culling issue, which they have fixed), and partly due to other circumstances in my life.

When I started playing the game again a few months ago, I was very pleasantly surprised with how much the game (the AI, etc.) had improved in the interim with the patches and updates. And then they released toddlers, and I was even further impressed. Do I wish the game had been the way it is now upon release? Of course, but that doesn't matter anymore. What matters is how is the game now, and the game is a LOT better now. It's not perfect, but the rate of improvement has me feeling very optimistic.

They've said that the entire way content is rolled out for Sims 4 will be different than previous versions, and that's turned out to be true. I'm not holding my breath on a Sims 5 anytime soon, and I doubt the existing series is half over. I am not looking forward to Sims 5, I am looking forward to the further enhancement of Sims 4 which I am heartily enjoying at the moment.

• Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2017
    The Sims 3 on PC is still for sale and has constantly been listed as one of the top selling PC games every year since its release. Are the sales figures quoted for The Sims 3 actually including the sales from 2014 onwards? The reality could be that it is has sold far more than the quoted figures.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2017

if you don't play what the heck are you doing on the Sims 4 forum? "Stop" coming here and arguing over something you have no idea about.

You have no right to tell anyone to come in this forum. @simpkin People like you are the problem with this forum @SimGuruDrake this is a bate thread to start arguments. Please check into it.

I help in tech like @luthienrising and yes I play the sims 3 and 2 not the sims 4. I still help people in tech who need help with the sims 4 and I have every right to be here
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's good for the futur of TS5. :innocent:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017

You have no right to tell anyone to come in this forum. @simpkin People like you are the problem with this forum @SimGuruDrake this is a bate thread to start arguments. Please check into it.

I help in tech like @luthienrising and yes I play the sims 3 and 2 not the sims 4. I still help people in tech who need help with the sims 4 and I have every right to be here

Seriously? How is posting the sales of game a bait thread? Not my fault if you get upset over the fact this game sells well and you want to have a temper tantrum over it and report an innocent thread.

I am so sick of these forums, I am tired of people turning even the TINIEST little thing into an argument.

All I did was post the amount of copies sold, get over it.

NOBODY would complain if I posted sims 3 sales.

This isn't even a debate thread, it's not hard to READ. I never once even mentioned sims 3 or 2 or even 1. I just pointed out that sims 4 is selling well. If that sounds like a debate to you then that means YOU are the issue.

I'm so done with these forums :'(:#
  • Options
    Cross182Cross182 Posts: 33 Member
    So 5M in 2 and half years, that aint to bad. How well did TS2 and TS3 do in its first 2 and half years? I'm sure you can find that info right?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I worded myself VERY carefully. It did not flop in sales. Emphasis on SALES.

I never once said if people continued playing.

Honestly I don't care how much the game sold. Like my previous posts in this thread, there is really no reason to start threads like this. It bates people into arguments. I now had to call in a Guru into your thread because I was told to leave the forum when I am not arguing with anyone , just making a point these threads start arguments. Some people (not meaning you) in general don't know how to behave in this section and it's their way or the highway. They will tell people to leave if our views are not theirs. It's a big problem in this forum
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Seriously? How is posting the sales of game a bait thread? Not my fault if you get upset over the fact this game sells well and you want to have a temper tantrum over it and report an innocent thread.

I am so sick of these forums, I am tired of people turning even the TINIEST little thing into an argument.

All I did was post the amount of copies sold, get over it.

NOBODY would complain if I posted sims 3 sales.

This isn't even a debate thread, it's not hard to READ. I never once even mentioned sims 3 or 2 or even 1. I just pointed out that sims 4 is selling well. If that sounds like a debate to you then that means YOU are the issue.

I'm so done with these forums :'(:#

I was not posting to you. @simpkin told me to leave the forum which they have no right to do. I was not arguing with anyone only making a point that threads like this start arguments.

Threads like this have been started over and over . They somehow always lead to arguments . Since you know that why start yet another one. Yes I would call it a bait thread when one knows the thread might have the potential of becoming heated for no reason.

My advice again is to go enjoy your game, stop worrying about sales. Worry if they stop making the game and it is not complete
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I am sorry but you cannot call someone out for no longer playing TS4.

I mean I see a lot of defending going on here but none of you seem to be playing the game either. You talk about it but you do not play it?

Maybe anti TS4 players will stop coming to the TS4 GD when the TS4 GD is actually filled with threads from players gameplay that has nothing to do with us, instead of discussions about why TS4 is still not so successful which some players have a lot of experience with.

Oh and before anyone asks, I played the TS4 Free Trial and yeah, my opinion is valid!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top