The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Has Sold Over 5M Copies

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    If you're around here though, for the love of the Mighty don't get the McDonald's ice cream. Tastes like flea collar. :neutral:

The coffee's better than Tim's, though, these days.

LOL, you all crack me up :D I usually get the Big Mac and an order of Chicken Nuggets for the Dogs! (I always get something for the dogs, they love eating out also) :D
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2017
    Why do quoting posts keep messing up :s
    Customer loyalty. They've built a franchise of games for over 17 years. However, that doesn't mean all customers are happy or satisfied with the overall product. There's a big difference between sales and customer satisfaction ratings. They can (and usually do) affect each other eventually, but not necessarily at the same time.

But maybe that's not what you were wanting to discuss? You left this very open ended.

Of course it doesn't mean everyone is happy with the product. Sales never mean that, not of any product, no matter how many of a product are sold. I don't see that anyone is claiming it means that, either.

But I can see good reason for posting this info. There's been so much discussion here over whether that 5M pin meant 5 million sold. Now we know that over 5 million have been sold, so that discussion can be put to bed.

This!!!! I don't know why threads like this keep popping up. Who cares which game sold more. Play the game you enjoy and stop worrying about numbers. Be worried if they stop making the game you enjoy
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    edited March 2017
    This is the source on Wikipedia that shows that it has 5mil sales:

A tweet of all things from last year that does not say how much the game had sold.

Those sources are unreliable, sorry.

The current source is at the OP. It's reliable. You could try that one if it's so important to you. Or you could just enjoy the game you enjoy and not worry so much about which one sold more copies.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited March 2017
    This is the source on Wikipedia that shows that it has 5mil sales:

A tweet of all things from last year that does not say how much the game had sold.

Those sources are unreliable, sorry.

Well, now we know that sims 4 has sold that much from the interview, so why should it matter. Fact is that sims 3 sold 7.7 million copies in 5 years and sims 4 sold 5 million in 2 and a half
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    At least we can now once and for all settle that sims 4 did not flop in it's sales. Discuss Politely.

This does not count for those of us who bought the base game but no longer play like myself. Just go play your game an enjoy it and stop with these debate threads which just start arguments in the end.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 3 Reception[edit]

Reception

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 86.65%[45]
    Metacritic 86/100[6]

Review scores

Publication

Score

1UP.com B+[46]
    Edge 8/10[47]
    Eurogamer 8/10[48]
    Game Informer 9/10
    GamePro 4/5[49]
    GameSpot 9/10[50]
    GameSpy 4.5/5[51]
    GameTrailers 9/10[52]
    IGN 8.9/10[53]
    PC Gamer (UK) 9/10[54]
    Total Video Games 8/10[55]
    Total PC Gaming 8/10
    3D Juegos 8.3/10[56]

EA reported that in its first week, The Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies. According to EA, this was the most successful PC game launch the company had ever had to date.[57] According to retail data trackers Gfk Australia The Sims 3 has been the top selling game in Australia from release until June 30, 2009.[58] Response from critics and gamers alike were generally favorable, with Metacritic calculating a metascore of 86/100 based on 75 reviews.[6] PC Gamer awarded The Sims 3 a 92% and an Editor's Choice badge, calling it "The best Sims game yet".[59] IGN PC awarded The Sims 3 an 8.9/10, stating:

This is simply a better playing Sims experience, and once you experience the freedom to hit the town without hitting a load screen you’ll be hard-pressed to go back to any of the earlier games. Blowing up the size of the game was certainly a risk, but it was a sensible and overdue one, and kudos to EA for recognizing that the decade-old formula needed some growth. And while there's still plenty of room for more innovation, we’ll settle for The Sims 3 for now. It delivers a solid foundation for what should be many more years of Sims sales dominance.

— Jason Ocampo, IGN[53]

GameSpot awarded The Sims 3 a score of 9.0/10, the review praised the game: "The latest Sims game is also the greatest, striking a terrific balance between the fresh and the familiar."[50]

The game was ranked #91 in IGN's "Top 100 Modern Games".[60] Currently over thirteen million people like The Sims 3 on Facebook.[citation needed]
    The Sims 4Reception[edit]

Reviews

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 69%[75]
    Metacritic 70/100[4]

Review scores

Publication

Score

Eurogamer 7/10[76]
    Game Informer 6.75/10[77]
    Game Revolution 3.5/5 stars[79]
    GameSpot 6/10[84]
    GamesRadar 3/5 stars[78]
    GameTrailers 6.5/10[80]
    IGN 7.5/10[81]
    Joystiq 3.5/5 stars[82]
    Maximum PC 8/10
    PC Gamer (US) 79/100[83]
    Polygon 6.5/10[85]
    Hardcore Gamer 2.5/5[86]

EA did not provide review copies of the game until September 1, meaning that critics were unable to review the game before release.[87] In the absence of initial reviews it was indicated that players were generally dissatisfied with the game, especially the ones who were familiar with the previous games in the franchise.[88]

At the aggregator site Metacritic, The Sims 4 received a score of 70 based on 74 reviews, indicating "mixed or average" reception.[4]

Hardcore Gamer gave The Sims 4 a 2.5 score out of 5 and commented "it’s a half-hearted experience wrapped in a neat and pretty package that beams a potential to both fulfill and crush your inner-Sims’ dreams." They criticized the game for the lack of content and having many bugs.[89]

Jim Sterling of The Escapist, in a mixed review of the game, found there to be an "overall lack of engagement." Although noting some positive changes he was critical of the game in comparison to previous entries in the series, declaring that "The Sims 4 is basically The Sims 3, but shrunken and sterile," and recommending that game be played instead. He also complained of being "harassed" by tutorial messages. His final score for the game was 2.5 out of 5 stars.[90]

ABCNews.com's reviewer Derrik J. Lang praised the game for being "remarkably more intuitive at the start," stating that the Sims are now smarter than before, have emotions that affect their moods, and are able to multi-task. Despite the praise, Lang awarded the game with two stars stating that he encountered annoying glitches and that he misses content from previous games, like dishwashers.[91]

Kevin VanOrd of GameSpot gave this game a 6 out of 10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the two main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is: "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists".[92]

Other reviews were more favorable. CraveOnline.co.uk mentioned in an article that "the awful user reviews indicate a strong backlash." However, the website added that "Sims fans who haven’t paid much attention to the ongoing controversy surrounding the game may look at those Amazon review scores and, without knowing that many are immediately dismissing the game due to its cut content, decide that they won’t purchase it."[93]

Kallie Plagge of IGN gave The Sims 4 a 7.5 out of 10. She was disappointed by the lack of content from previous games, and the lack of "cool" objects that could adequately replace them; and the too frequent, albeit short, loading screens. The score she gave is relatively high, though, because "The Sims 4 does succeed in being a deep and complex game when it comes to Sim interactions, with lots of entertaining emotional potential [...] Plus, excellent building tools make architecture more fun than ever". Her conclusion is that "it’s a good start to what may eventually be expanded into a great Sims game, but it’s not there yet".[94]

The Independent's Jack Fleming praised the game for "The Gallery" feature that allows users to showcase their creations easily, the new multitasking system, the visual design, the personalities and emotions, the unusual careers (that, for example, allow the sim to travel into space), and the new build mode. On the other hand, he voiced his frustration with the loading screens, the new camera controls (while noting they can be reverted to The Sims 3 style), and noted the lack of content from previous installments (such as swimming pools and toddlers) made many fans upset. In conclusion he writes: "The Sims 4 is an easy game to get into (though the constant tutorial-ising at the start can actually get a bit frustrating) and the reasons that people love this series are still present. The game’s creators have tried to make the appeal as diverse as possible and have in most ways succeeded. However, I couldn’t help but wish I could actually go to space and drive that spaceship around..."[95]

Nick Tan of Game Revolution states that the game is a case study for loss aversion. He explains that the reason for Sims fans expressing so much anger and dissatisfaction with it is because people "strongly prefer avoiding losses than acquiring gains". That, combined with the hatred for Electronic Arts that greatly intensified after the release of the latest SimCity game, resulted in such a backlash. Tan gave The Sims 4 a 3.5/5, calling it "woefully incomplete, despite being unexpectedly solid and entertaining in its current state".[96]

One source: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-sims-4-review/1900-6415867/
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't understand everyone's fascination with how many copies have been sold. The only one that matters to me are the copies I bought. I just don't get why people are so up in the business end of it. Being an armchair quarterback has no interest to me I suppose. To me it's like my son wanting to know my income or my bills, it isn't his concern.

So what is the deal? why are peoples enjoyment of the game so wrapped up in the business aspect of the company?

ETA:

You know, one of the most uncivilized and trollish forums I ever am on is the WoW forums and with all the friction there the only time I ever read about sales junk is once a year there is a contest that people vote on, that is the only time that forums is junked up with these types of threads and you know the amazing part about it? There is no fighting in those particular threads because regardless of the friction between players, they love the franchise.

The fighting that turns up in these threads here is frankly pretty foolish, TS, TS2, TS3, TS4... its the same flipping franchise people. One being your favorite shouldn't threaten another's enjoyment of their favorite.

The success of one version does not negate the success or enjoyment of previous versions and because gaming has socially become more acceptable it only makes sense that newer games will sell more.

/grumbles about needing more sugar in her tea and wanders off....
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options

Reception

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 86.65%[45]
    Metacritic 86/100[6]

Review scores

Publication

Score

1UP.com B+[46]
    Edge 8/10[47]
    Eurogamer 8/10[48]
    Game Informer 9/10
    GamePro 4/5[49]
    GameSpot 9/10[50]
    GameSpy 4.5/5[51]
    GameTrailers 9/10[52]
    IGN 8.9/10[53]
    PC Gamer (UK) 9/10[54]
    Total PC Gaming 8/10
    3D Juegos 8.3/10[56]

EA reported that in its first week, The Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies. According to EA, this was the most successful PC game launch the company had ever had to date.[57] According to retail data trackers Gfk Australia The Sims 3 has been the top selling game in Australia from release until June 30, 2009.[58] Response from critics and gamers alike were generally favorable, with Metacritic calculating a metascore of 86/100 based on 75 reviews.[6] PC Gamer awarded The Sims 3 a 92% and an Editor's Choice badge, calling it "The best Sims game yet".[59] IGN PC awarded The Sims 3 an 8.9/10, stating:

This is simply a better playing Sims experience, and once you experience the freedom to hit the town without hitting a load screen you’ll be hard-pressed to go back to any of the earlier games. Blowing up the size of the game was certainly a risk, but it was a sensible and overdue one, and kudos to EA for recognizing that the decade-old formula needed some growth. And while there's still plenty of room for more innovation, we’ll settle for The Sims 3 for now. It delivers a solid foundation for what should be many more years of Sims sales dominance.

— Jason Ocampo, IGN[53]

GameSpot awarded The Sims 3 a score of 9.0/10, the review praised the game: "The latest Sims game is also the greatest, striking a terrific balance between the fresh and the familiar."[50]

The game was ranked #91 in IGN's "Top 100 Modern Games".[60] Currently over thirteen million people like The Sims 3 on Facebook.[citation needed]

Reviews

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 69%[75]
    Metacritic 70/100[4]

Review scores

Publication

Score

Eurogamer 7/10[76]
    GameSpot 6/10[84]
    GamesRadar 3/5 stars[78]
    GameTrailers 6.5/10[80]
    IGN 7.5/10[81]
    Joystiq 3.5/5 stars[82]
    Maximum PC 8/10
    PC Gamer (US) 79/100[83]
    Polygon 6.5/10[85]
    Hardcore Gamer 2.5/5[86]

EA did not provide review copies of the game until September 1, meaning that critics were unable to review the game before release.[87] In the absence of initial reviews it was indicated that players were generally dissatisfied with the game, especially the ones who were familiar with the previous games in the franchise.[88]

At the aggregator site Metacritic, The Sims 4 received a score of 70 based on 74 reviews, indicating "mixed or average" reception.[4]

Hardcore Gamer gave The Sims 4 a 2.5 score out of 5 and commented "it’s a half-hearted experience wrapped in a neat and pretty package that beams a potential to both fulfill and crush your inner-Sims’ dreams." They criticized the game for the lack of content and having many bugs.[89]

Jim Sterling of The Escapist, in a mixed review of the game, found there to be an "overall lack of engagement." Although noting some positive changes he was critical of the game in comparison to previous entries in the series, declaring that "The Sims 4 is basically The Sims 3, but shrunken and sterile," and recommending that game be played instead. He also complained of being "harassed" by tutorial messages. His final score for the game was 2.5 out of 5 stars.[90]

ABCNews.com's reviewer Derrik J. Lang praised the game for being "remarkably more intuitive at the start," stating that the Sims are now smarter than before, have emotions that affect their moods, and are able to multi-task. Despite the praise, Lang awarded the game with two stars stating that he encountered annoying glitches and that he misses content from previous games, like dishwashers.[91]

Kevin VanOrd of GameSpot gave this game a 6 out of 10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the two main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is: "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists".[92]

Other reviews were more favorable. CraveOnline.co.uk mentioned in an article that "the awful user reviews indicate a strong backlash." However, the website added that "Sims fans who haven’t paid much attention to the ongoing controversy surrounding the game may look at those Amazon review scores and, without knowing that many are immediately dismissing the game due to its cut content, decide that they won’t purchase it."[93]

Kallie Plagge of IGN gave The Sims 4 a 7.5 out of 10. She was disappointed by the lack of content from previous games, and the lack of "cool" objects that could adequately replace them; and the too frequent, albeit short, loading screens. The score she gave is relatively high, though, because "The Sims 4 does succeed in being a deep and complex game when it comes to Sim interactions, with lots of entertaining emotional potential [...] Plus, excellent building tools make architecture more fun than ever". Her conclusion is that "it’s a good start to what may eventually be expanded into a great Sims game, but it’s not there yet".[94]

The Independent's Jack Fleming praised the game for "The Gallery" feature that allows users to showcase their creations easily, the new multitasking system, the visual design, the personalities and emotions, the unusual careers (that, for example, allow the sim to travel into space), and the new build mode. On the other hand, he voiced his frustration with the loading screens, the new camera controls (while noting they can be reverted to The Sims 3 style), and noted the lack of content from previous installments (such as swimming pools and toddlers) made many fans upset. In conclusion he writes: "The Sims 4 is an easy game to get into (though the constant tutorial-ising at the start can actually get a bit frustrating) and the reasons that people love this series are still present. The game’s creators have tried to make the appeal as diverse as possible and have in most ways succeeded. However, I couldn’t help but wish I could actually go to space and drive that spaceship around..."[95]

Nick Tan of Game Revolution states that the game is a case study for loss aversion. He explains that the reason for Sims fans expressing so much anger and dissatisfaction with it is because people "strongly prefer avoiding losses than acquiring gains". That, combined with the hatred for Electronic Arts that greatly intensified after the release of the latest SimCity game, resulted in such a backlash. Tan gave The Sims 4 a 3.5/5, calling it "woefully incomplete, despite being unexpectedly solid and entertaining in its current state".[96]

I don't see anything about sales numbers in your wall of text
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    OMG, King. We know the game got criticized at reception. But it's over, okay? It was a long time ago. Nobody's making you play Sims 4 just because it sold a bunch of copies. The OP was just posting the new and confirmed info, not telling you you have to do something you don't like or that your game is bad.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Just to note, I never cared about the sales figures. Never cared how many stars a game has.

And reviews to me, are like LGR, just someones opinion!

I only care about the games I invest in, its up to the developers to worry about sales stuff and making a good game.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited March 2017
    TheSimer wrote: »

Reception

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 86.65%[45]
    Metacritic 86/100[6]

Review scores

Publication

Score

1UP.com B+[46]
    Edge 8/10[47]
    Eurogamer 8/10[48]
    Game Informer 9/10
    GamePro 4/5[49]
    GameSpot 9/10[50]
    GameSpy 4.5/5[51]
    GameTrailers 9/10[52]
    IGN 8.9/10[53]
    PC Gamer (UK) 9/10[54]
    Total PC Gaming 8/10
    3D Juegos 8.3/10[56]

— Jason Ocampo, IGN[53]

Reviews

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 69%[75]
    Metacritic 70/100[4]

Review scores

Publication

Score

Eurogamer 7/10[76]
    GameSpot 6/10[84]
    GamesRadar 3/5 stars[78]
    GameTrailers 6.5/10[80]
    IGN 7.5/10[81]
    Joystiq 3.5/5 stars[82]
    Maximum PC 8/10
    PC Gamer (US) 79/100[83]
    Polygon 6.5/10[85]
    Hardcore Gamer 2.5/5[86]

I never said anything about sales number either, I was just showing some actual sources related to the release.
    OMG, King. We know the game got criticized at reception. But it's over, okay? It was a long time ago. Nobody's making you play Sims 4 just because it sold a bunch of copies. The OP was just posting the new and confirmed info, not telling you you have to do something you don't like or that your game is bad.

It wasn't that long ago, two and a half years... Seems like only yesterday :no_mouth:

Anyway, I can see where this thread is going so I am getting out of here...

Happy Simming!

cde.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I don't understand everyone's fascination with how many copies have been sold. The only one that matters to me are the copies I bought. I just don't get why people are so up in the business end of it. Being an armchair quarterback has no interest to me I suppose. To me it's like my son wanting to know my income or my bills, it isn't his concern.

So what is the deal? why are peoples enjoyment of the game so wrapped up in the business aspect of the company?

Simply put, sales of a game tells whether it continues or not. While I'm not obsessed about sales metrics personally, many people are. They're concerned what it will mean for future iterations. I got drawn into the discussion because I wasn't sure what the OP was wanting to discuss exactly lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    TheSimer wrote: »

Reception

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 86.65%[45]
    Metacritic 86/100[6]

Review scores

Publication

Score

1UP.com B+[46]
    Edge 8/10[47]
    Eurogamer 8/10[48]
    Game Informer 9/10
    GamePro 4/5[49]
    GameSpot 9/10[50]
    GameSpy 4.5/5[51]
    GameTrailers 9/10[52]
    IGN 8.9/10[53]
    PC Gamer (UK) 9/10[54]
    Total PC Gaming 8/10
    3D Juegos 8.3/10[56]

— Jason Ocampo, IGN[53]

Reviews

Aggregate scores

Aggregator

Score

GameRankings 69%[75]
    Metacritic 70/100[4]

Review scores

Publication

Score

Eurogamer 7/10[76]
    GameSpot 6/10[84]
    GamesRadar 3/5 stars[78]
    GameTrailers 6.5/10[80]
    IGN 7.5/10[81]
    Joystiq 3.5/5 stars[82]
    Maximum PC 8/10
    PC Gamer (US) 79/100[83]
    Polygon 6.5/10[85]
    Hardcore Gamer 2.5/5[86]

I never said anything about sales number either, I was just showing some actual sources related to the release.

It wasn't that long ago, two and a half years... Seems like only yesterday :no_mouth:

Anyway, I can see where this thread is going so I am getting out of here...

Happy Simming!

cde.gif

Who cares about critics? These are random people. Seriously, if i would base my opinion on metacritics, stars and ratings than i would have never seen 70% of my favourite series or movies.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's mostly from past fighting on the forums I think. Lots of threads surrounding failure or lack of and back and forth surrounding it. People want to be right or justified or like the flames in general. A lot of emotional energy that I can't say I don't feed into from time to time.

..and okay I admit I do like McDonald's french fries...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    If it's true, I just hope that EA will give the SimGurus more budgets for the upcoming DLC.
    I don't want to see things like half-baked elevator and apartment again. :(
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2017

It certainly is not over. The base game is still incomplete and buggy. I expect a single player game to be complete at launch. I do not, and should not, have to wait years for the developers to complete their game. I did not sign up to an alpha, beta or early access game. I purchased what I was lead to believe was a complete and fully tested game.

Sim reactions in this game were terrible at launch and it took them over a year to patch this. No, just because the game has improved, does not excuse anything or mean anyone should forget the shoddy state the game was released in and still is in with regards to bugs.

I'm still waiting for the return of cars and NPCs like burglars.

The quality of this game is substandard. They proved they still can make decent content with toddlers and vampires and then they go and ruin it by releasing this new teen lot trait that does not even work. Did they even test it?

DON'T RELEASE IT IF IT IS NOT READY.

It really is that simple.

With regards to the sales, this is a good thing because it probably ensures that there will be a The Sims 5. Hopefully they will not make the same mistakes they did with The Sims 4 and will release it when it is finished, not two years too soon.

It's a pity they are not allowed to use those profits to fix the game. There are far too many bugs that are being ignored and it is taking far too long for them to fix the bugs they do work on. It is disgusting that they keep releasing new content that they expect us to pay for when the current content which customers have already bought does not work properly. It is shady business.
    Post edited by blueturtleotter on
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,989 Member
    There are a lot of other things to consider:

Sims 4 is being pirated, probably a lot more than when the Sims 3 came out. People can now pirate things more easily.

There are a lot more choices for casual players. The same people who like Sims might have fallen in love with easily accessible iphone games.
    Sims Freeplay wasn't an option back then. People are now playing that game.

I didn't buy too many expansions for Sims 3, because the base game felt like it was enough. And I wasn't too interested in the themes. Sims 4, I've bought all the expansions. So they are probably making money that way.

Sims 2 was extremely popular, and everyone rushed out to buy Sims 3. Maybe people were tired of the Sims franchise when Sims 4 came out.

What I'm saying is, there are a lot of different factors. It's hard to determine what's more popular. The important question is, will there be a Sims 5. And they seem to be plugging along. So maybe in a few years, we'll get the next Sims game. Until then, I plan to continue enjoying Sims 4.

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Customer loyalty. They've built a franchise of games for over 17 years. However, that doesn't mean all customers are happy or satisfied with the overall product. There's a big difference between sales and customer satisfaction ratings. They can (and usually do) affect each other eventually, but not necessarily at the same time.

But maybe that's not what you were wanting to discuss? You left this very open ended.

Of course it doesn't mean everyone is happy with the product. Sales never mean that, not of any product, no matter how many of a product are sold. I don't see that anyone is claiming it means that, either.

But I can see good reason for posting this info. There's been so much discussion here over whether that 5M pin meant 5 million sold. Now we know that over 5 million have been sold, so that discussion can be put to bed.

thats nothing to be proud of. it is the lowest seller in the whole series
    not having it for other platforms don't help. all the other series provided this.
    the others all sold more than that.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    At least we can now once and for all settle that sims 4 did not flop in it's sales. Discuss Politely.

This does not count for those of us who bought the base game but no longer play like myself. Just go play your game an enjoy it and stop with these debate threads which just start arguments in the end.

if you don't play what the heck are you doing on the Sims 4 forum? "Stop" coming here and arguing over something you have no idea about.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

not having it for other platforms don't help. all the other series provided this.

That's entirely speculation. We don't know actual figures for Sims 4 sales, only that it's over 5 million.

And this is about a new fact, not "pride" in anything. It is a fact that there was dispute over whether the 5M pin meant 5 million sales or something else. We now know that the game has sold over 5 million, so that part of the dispute is done. End of story. Enjoy whichever game you enjoy. Sales don't impact that.
  • Options
    Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member
    Only just about half of what TS3 has sold then:
    Electronic Arts released The Sims 3 to retailers worldwide and available by digital download on June 2, 2009.[6] The sequel, developed by The Sims Studio, was announced by EA in November 2006. The game is set 25 years prior the original game, and features an open, seamless neighborhood, improved tools for sim creation, enhanced build and buy mode functions, and the introduction of wishes and goals. The game also introduces a new form of directed gameplay through small, step-wise goals presented as opportunities which the player may choose to pursue or refuse. The Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies in the first week, making it the largest release in PC gaming history at the time.[7] The game has sold over 10 million copies worldwide since its release.

The above is taken from Wikipedia and may well already be out of date.

Also there may or may not be a reason why I highlighted some sentences in italics :blush:

@king_of_simcity7 There you go again. Bringing up the Sims 3 when no one had even mentioned it. You started it. This is the Sims 4 Forum. If you want to discuss how well the Sims 3 performed then take it to the Sims 3 forum.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    I still don't care (I'm convinced the game has sold greatly), but "Lyndsay Pearson: Yeah, it’s definitely somewhere over that! We don’t really track specific numbers but there are millions of players who are playing The Sims 4 and have seen this update.", why on earth so dodgy?! Besides..., how long ago was that 5M button... More than a year? It's beyond me why they just can't tell us "yes, we sold x M Sims 4 games AND WE'RE GOING TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY ON SIMS THIS TIME AROUND (because we realize it's the only life simulation game out there and we take our responsability)!!!"
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,390 Member
    I'm glad the game is selling well. Looks good for the future.
  • Options

Why wouldn't it count for those who bought the base game but don't play it anymore?

Isn't it still a sale though?

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2017

That's entirely speculation. We don't know actual figures for Sims 4 sales, only that it's over 5 million.

And this is about a new fact, not "pride" in anything. It is a fact that there was dispute over whether the 5M pin meant 5 million sales or something else. We now know that the game has sold over 5 million, so that part of the dispute is done. End of story. Enjoy whichever game you enjoy. Sales don't impact that.

year its a fact its the lowest selling sims game.

all the people who paid for it you don't even play anymore. a lot less simmers even come here.

is it now. speculation. I will just have to agree to disagree with your whole post to. the sims series as sold over 100m since the first game.

I just think 5m or so from this game is pretty bad.
    I would love to the how much it made in total from the sims 4.why its not avalable lol.

hey it's not like i'm asking you to agree with me.
    chill dude...

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top