Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi simmers,

A heads up, I've removed some recent posts from the thread that were veering off-topic. Let's keep this space for it's intended purpose;
    Welcome to our NEW MC Help Thread!...I'm wanting to make it mostly Players Helping Players, but, there's got to be a little room for chatter, too. Brief game updates. Cool things you've done with MC. Things like that.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    rayzacrayzac Posts: 12 New Member
    If this is not the place, then please direct me to the place where I can file a complaint.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I have this problem. In MCC Tuner with the autonomy scan I have desabled Sink start crafting autonomously so the Sims will stop drinking water all the time but the game seems to ignore my choice. They still do it (although less freequently) unless I take autonomy off.
  • Options
    burgerbotburgerbot Posts: 1 New Member
    i'm having an issue with the maximum household setting. i've set it to 12, saved and exited the game, and when i open it again, i still do not have the option to add another sim to my household. am i missing something?
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I have this problem. In MCC Tuner with the autonomy scan I have desabled Sink start crafting autonomously so the Sims will stop drinking water all the time but the game seems to ignore my choice. They still do it (although less freequently) unless I take autonomy off.

Check these entries in the mc_tuner.cfg:
    26319,fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
    133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
    222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

With these parameters there should be no autonomous drinking anymore.

Note, that other mods can interfere with those settings. So depending on what else you use in your game, things may not work as intended.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    burgerbot wrote: »
    i'm having an issue with the maximum household setting. i've set it to 12, saved and exited the game, and when i open it again, i still do not have the option to add another sim to my household. am i missing something?

You cannot use the standard Sims 4 methods for adding Sims to households if you have households of more than 8 Sims. It is hard-coded in the Sims 4 UI code for Manage Households and CAS to only allow 8 Sims. In the same way that you can't use the "Edit Households" option of CAS with large households, you also can't add/remove Sims in the normal Sims 4 manner.

Adding Additional Sims
    Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the “sim_move” command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. “sim_move” can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household.

Note: Having more than 8 Sims can cause issues, like crashing (usually during saving) as well as mess with the Roommate system. Not all computers may be able to handle having more than 8 Sims. Therefore we strongly recommend to not use this option for long term game play.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thank you very much @Bonxie . Two of those entries (133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
    222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting) where not in the Tuner file.
  • Options
    DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    I have a question. It might be a silly question, but I want to start a fresh, new save. Will my MCCC settings transfer over to the new save?
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited June 2020
    DenimChloe wrote: »
    I have a question. It might be a silly question, but I want to start a fresh, new save. Will my MCCC settings transfer over to the new save?
    Yes you can! When you delete all your old MCCC files to replace them with the updated ones, just leave the one called MCsettings in your mods folder. That one is where your settings are and it doesn’t need to be updated.
    Edit: sorry I misunderstood you, but the answer is still yes LOL!
  • Options
    DenimChloe wrote: »

If you keep all of the files with the cfg extension while replacing the others, you're fine.

There could be up to three files, which depends on the way you use the mod:
    • mc_settings.cfg, which contains all of your mod settings (most important and mandatory)
    • mc_dresser.cfg, which contains any black- or white listed CAS item (optional)
    • mc_tuner.cfg, which contains any supressed interactions, like autonomous pushup, grabing a drink etc. (optional)
  • Options
    DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    Okay, thank you.
  • Options
    MossyBallerinaMossyBallerina Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a bit of an issue with adding more than 8 sims to a family. I set the household limit to 30, and got up to 20 no problem. However, I can't add the last two-- I've tried different combinations of sims, and it's always the last two sims, regardless of what individual sims they are. When playing my household with 20 sims, the last two disappear.

I can go to manage worlds and change to the family of 2 that I want to add, but when loading the household, it says their location is "secret" (in the way it normally says whatever lot they're on). When I load the family, they're on their home lot, and I can see all members of the 20 member household, but even if I immediately switch back to the 20 member household and don't unpause the game, the last 2 sims have disappeared again.

Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to fix it?
  • Options
    I'm having a bit of an issue with adding more than 8 sims to a family. I set the household limit to 30, and got up to 20 no problem. However, I can't add the last two-- I've tried different combinations of sims, and it's always the last two sims, regardless of what individual sims they are. When playing my household with 20 sims, the last two disappear.

I can go to manage worlds and change to the family of 2 that I want to add, but when loading the household, it says their location is "secret" (in the way it normally says whatever lot they're on). When I load the family, they're on their home lot, and I can see all members of the 20 member household, but even if I immediately switch back to the 20 member household and don't unpause the game, the last 2 sims have disappeared again.

Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the “sim_move” command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. “sim_move” can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household.

Note: Having more than 8 Sims can cause issues, like crashing (usually during saving) as well as mess with the Roommate system. Not all computers may be able to handle having more than 8 Sims. Therefore we strongly recommend to not use this option for long term game play.
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Hey! Is there somewhere I can go to find cute, customized outfits that I can add to the MC_Dresser notepad? Or just the IDs for all of the clothes?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    Hey! Is there somewhere I can go to find cute, customized outfits that I can add to the MC_Dresser notepad? Or just the IDs for all of the clothes?
    I don't know if I understood your question. So you're looking for an already filled mc_dresser.cfg file containing whitelist entries and a list of matching CC items? If so, I've unfortunately not heard of somebody offering something like this. Sorry.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Regarding yesterday's Sims 4 patch (PC: 1.64.84.1020 / Mac: 1.64.84.1220)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 7.2.2

There have been no errors posted after that EA update. It looks like mostly bug fixes so everything is working as expected.

Please make sure, that you use the latest MCCC Version 7.2.2.
    The older versions will certainly not work with the new patch.

Download the latest MCCC from:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-7-2-2-37887462 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

Legacy players (32-bit) should keep MCCC version 6.6.0:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • Options
    scarletzyyscarletzyy Posts: 2 New Member
    Is it possible to add/remove hidden trait with MCCC?
  • Options
    scarletzyy wrote: »
    Is it possible to add/remove hidden trait with MCCC?

Try
    Sim:MCCC > MC CAS > Manage Traits > Add Trait
    Sim:MCCC > MC CAS > Manage Traits > Remove Trait

on the sim's MCCC menu.

Should also work for hidden traits.

This works similarly to the Testing/Debug Cheat menu that allows adding/removing a Trait to a Sim. Some differences include: MCCC will show the name of the trait if it doesn't have a description so you don't have a bunch of traits that look the same with no idea what is what, Flags will not show-up in the MCCC dialog since those should be added specifically within the MCCC menus to manage flags, and if a trait is not valid to be added to the Sim, it won't show-up. EA's list just sort of showed all traits regardless.

Note that some of these traits can have varied (and maybe unwanted) effects on gameplay. Use at your own risk!
  • Options
    HabiscussHabiscuss Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Mc command center is marrying the same sim to multiple people. It's like they have a harem now. At first, it was one guy, but now it's half the town who is married to like 3 other people. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Options
    scarletzyyscarletzyy Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks a lot! @Bonxie
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Habiscuss wrote: »
    Hi! Mc command center is marrying the same sim to multiple people. It's like they have a harem now. At first, it was one guy, but now it's half the town who is married to like 3 other people. Has anyone else had this problem?

That's new to me.

But I guess it's a better idea to discuss this issue on the MCCC discord (or wherever you feel comfortable), since this is a teen rated forum.
  • Options
    CutiePieSkyCutiePieSky Posts: 1 New Member
    So I want to make a household of 13 sims. I started by making a household of 8 and then making another household of 5 on a different lot. I cant merge them or ask to move in. I already have the maximum household members set to 15. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    So I want to make a household of 13 sims. I started by making a household of 8 and then making another household of 5 on a different lot. I cant merge them or ask to move in. I already have the maximum household members set to 15. Can anyone help?

First of all: you shouldn't do this. The game code is not written for households with more than 8 sims. You could loose individual sims or your entire household. Worst case is a corrupted save game with no chance to recover it. MCCC has that option, because there is the technical possibility to do so and there are some scenarios like group poses where you can use it without any risk. But that doesn't mean, that it's a good idea to use it for continuous gameplay. Of course you can do whatever you want with your game, so it's up to you to carry on. You have been warned.

Regarding your issue, you cannot use the standard Sims 4 methods for adding Sims to households if you have households of more than 8 Sims. It is hard-coded in the Sims 4 UI code for Manage Households and CAS to only allow 8 Sims. In the same way that you can't use the "Edit Households" option of CAS with large households, you also can't add/remove Sims in the normal Sims 4 manner.

Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the “sim_move” command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. "sim_move” can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household.

Also, there is a Sim Command in the Sim MCCC menu under “Maintain Sim” to move Sims between different households. This works with no problems with households of more than 8 maximum Sims.

#household #size #hh>8
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    I was wondering if it is possible with MCCC to issue a list of Sims with certain traits or jobs? Or to see what Sims have a certain trait or job?

Like all Sims who have currently the trait 'Evil' or all Sims who currently work in the Business career (regardless of level)?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Heledriel wrote: »
    I was wondering if it is possible with MCCC to issue a list of Sims with certain traits or jobs? Or to see what Sims have a certain trait or job?

Like all Sims who have currently the trait 'Evil' or all Sims who currently work in the Business career (regardless of level)?

Yes, check out lot so details under sim commands. There should be options for both careers and traitss. Sorry, not in game right now.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top