Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Traits - what do you think of them?

MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
I like the feature, it applies the play style I want to have.
I love using the Quake Zone and Curse trait, it has added some life into my game.
It solves the problem when people want disasters into their game that way the hardcore users
can apply curse trait if they want sum crazy stuff to happen, so it gives options on how you want
things to go for those that want harmony or chaos. :P

In my game Mortimer and Bella Goth are on a verge of divorcing because of the curse which made them both angry and things started getting wild.
I so need to test the curse trait at the pool lot who knows what happens when dazed sims swim. :P

What experiences have you guys have going on in your game with lot traits?
If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I like it but I wish the ability to turn off the light bulb and plus sign animation was there.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2016
    I like them enough but honestly a lot of them I want to be stronger. I really enjoy "convivial" and the other skill gain ones. I really wish "Haunted" was much stronger as it simply seems to spawn one ghost randomly. I want spooky fog and multiple ghosts! I want it to have an eerie feeling as soon as I enter that lot. I have yet to experience a quake in "Quake zone" and I wish they caused serious damage as I hear most are quick and don't do much. As such a heavily advertised feature of this expansion I was hoping for more wow factor than skill gains! "Filthy" doesn't seem dirty enough. I would rather the traits be pushed to the extreme than be vaguely noticeable. The negative traits made me realize that I want more grime and negative consequence in my game! The number one thing lacking in Sims 4 is visible negative consequences and events. I really hope the gurus plan to add more challenge and grime in future updates and packs!!
  • Options
    HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    I loved my little apartment that had the need tlc trait, but I think there should be a way to upgrade your apartment to lose the trait. I ended up having to move out the spice district since that was the only apartment with a balcony.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It's a cool idea, but a missed opportunity to create something really cool.
    I was looking forward to the haunted trait, but it's so underwhelming.

EA, go watch a horror movie and learn how to build suspense.
    My sims spent forever waiting for a ghost to show up. In that time my sims could have been experiencing creepy sounds, moving objects, quick flashes of the spectral entity, and plenty of emotional changes until the ghost gives them a real scary surprise.

What I get is a ghost showing up on the lot, breaking a couple of objects, and having a chat with my sim.
    Add one ghost, your lot is now haunted.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    It's a cool idea, but a missed opportunity to create something really cool.
    I was looking forward to the haunted trait, but it's so underwhelming.

EA, go watch a horror movie and learn how to build suspense.
    My sims spent forever waiting for a ghost to show up. In that time my sims could have been experiencing creepy sounds, moving objects, quick flashes of the spectral entity, and plenty of emotional changes until the ghost gives them a real scary surprise.

What I get is a ghost showing up on the lot, breaking a couple of objects, and having a chat with my sim.
    Add one ghost, your lot is now haunted.

This is exactly my complaint above. The "haunted" trait is a joke and disappointment.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maybe they'll fine-tune or improve Haunted in the rumored Vampire GP. B)

I really like the lot traits for community lots, like Fast Internet for libraries or Convivial for restaurants and bars. I do have Fast Internet on my home lot (it already came with the Quiet lot trait so I don't have much trouble with the neigbors) for one of my households, and I moved my other household from the Cursed apartment (got tired of everything breaking all at once, especially after one of my Sims almost got electrocuted and a repairman actually did die from electrocution) to the Needs TLC place; we'll see how that goes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I mean I like them a lot.. I have the gremlins one and everything gets broken quite a bit which makes it a difficult living situation and that's exactly what I want.
    The haunted one was underwhelming only because my simself had no reaction to see a child ghost. If that were really me, I'd be crying and in tears I'd be so scared. That is something that needs to be changed.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I like it. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    What does the earthquake one do?
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I feel so-so about it, but I haven't experimented with ALL of them yet. I guess I just wish you didn't have to apply a lot trait just to get some drama and excitement going in your game.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    They're fine but they need to make sure we can change ALL of the lots to whatever traits we want and not be stuck with some having horrible traits. A small apartment doesn't have to be a hovel just 'cos it's small and a huge penthouse could definitely be horrible.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options

Your sims will sometimes get a tense moodlet from 'knowing they're on a quake zone' and your camera will shake like crazy as if your screen is glitching out and your sims will panic and get a tense moodlet.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    The Quake Zone trait doesn't really cause damage though does it? I tried it and it seems to just shake the bldg and that's it. Haven't tried the Cursed thing yet though. But for the most part I think I like the bldg traists as it helps them achieve their goals faster.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    It kind of defeats the purpose of having haunted or cursed or earthquake lots when sims can't experience fear. Why they ever left that emotion out to begin with makes no sense. It's a common, basic, human emotion for crying out loud.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I feel so-so about it, but I haven't experimented with ALL of them yet. I guess I just wish you didn't have to apply a lot trait just to get some drama and excitement going in your game.

I think it's a good way to allow people to play with the game as they want to. I don't like having stuff break all the time. Some Simmers do. This allows an "opt in option."
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    They provide an extra layer of benefit or adversity depending on what is selected. I think they're pretty neat.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Good idea, poorly executed.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I have been waiting to use them until they get rid of the lightbulbs because I don't want my screenshots to be cluttered with them. Really looking forward to them. One annoying thing I've noticed though is that the Lot Traits sometimes use the word "apartment" in the description when they can be applied to any lot.
  • Options
    MysticOne wrote: »
    The Quake Zone trait doesn't really cause damage though does it? I tried it and it seems to just shake the bldg and that's it. Haven't tried the Cursed thing yet though. But for the most part I think I like the bldg traists as it helps them achieve their goals faster.

I've talked a bit about the quake zone trait in my post above yours. :)

The cursed one doesn't do much but just imagine that your sims are bound to the voodoo doll and someone is messing with them. That means sometimes your sims might get an angry moodlet, etc.

In fact, come to think of it, I haven't gotten any of these moodlets since the last patch. Are the lot traits that came with CL are somewhat broken or something?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    I didn't play with the EP03 lot traits yet, I only set Oasis Springs as a Quake Zone.

I have to imagine new stories in order to use these new lot traits.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like the new lot traits.
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Annoying, especially when I'm taking pictures
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Your sims will sometimes get a tense moodlet from 'knowing they're on a quake zone' and your camera will shake like crazy as if your screen is glitching out and your sims will panic and get a tense moodlet.

Quake Zones also sometimes breaks stuff as well.
    Annoying, especially when I'm taking pictures

That's why you remove Quake Zone from the lot so that wouldn't happen. :P

Curse I like since it adds random negative moodlets which can result in sum sort of drama or someone dies, the game kinda needed that since it was WAAYY to happy happy, that's how my game is anyways. XD

I did suggest a meteor trait for the lots for future addons so I look forward to that. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

The TLC lot trait has grown on me. It drives you crazy during the first two weeks when you're trying to get your sim's skills set up. After you have your sim's skills set up, it becomes a distraction for your sim from their daily routine. I like the trait now and wish we could put it on any lot.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I absolutely adore them, and hope to see more deviant ones in the future. (I really like the Cursed, Filthy, Needs TLC, and Gremlins lot traits). If we ever get some supernaturals in this game, things will get really wild for me! lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg