Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build a Den of Vice & Iniquity Comp. - Winner Videos Uploaded

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Your name - @Kgaff

The name of your lot - Order of the Llama Lodge 101, 11 Dioside Ln, Hidden Springs

A description of the features of the venue - highlighting the main content used -
    At one time this was the magnificent Llama Lodge building. The membership was a veritable "Who's who" of Hidden Springs. It was the place to meet for drinks and celebrate special occasions in the upstairs banquet room.
    Now, most of the members of the lodge have left town or merely died off. Now the lodge is nothing more than a dark, rundown dive bar. Termites are slowly working their way through the place. The banquet room now houses an unlevel pool talble, a couple of slot machines and an old photo booth.
    Downstairs you can sit at the bar and listen to the piano player fight to be heard over the radio. If you want to, try your luck at the gambling table.

Order%20of%20the%20Llama%20Lodge%20101%20%202_zpsfpfbrft2.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9012382
    Thank you! I Like the way you've managed to make it look like a previously elegant venue that has fallen into decrepitude. But what have you done to that poor horse?! :anguished:

You guys are sure making my job difficult!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Thank you! I Like the way you've managed to make it look like a previously elegant venue that has fallen into decrepitude. But what have you done to that poor horse?! :anguished:

That's no horse, that's a Llama!!!! :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Awesome @Kgaff - got you rec'd!
  • Options

Oops! I am so embarrassed! How I have got that so wrong ... :blush:

But, still, what have you done to that poor llama?! :hushed:

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited November 2016
    I finally got to check out all the previous entries

@SjappielovePaul Nice entrance to your bar/hotel. I like the way you did the upper windows and great choice of wall covering
    @ciane I like the way yours blends into the town, do simmies need a secret password to get in?
    @aricarai Love the outside it looks like an old abandoned storefront. OMG the piano, here I thought I was being clever and you thought of it first :o
    @imdragonit I like the art deco look to it and using the restaurant doors was a clever choice
    @Cadh20000 you certainly have a lot of fun stuff to do in there
    @taratownie Your build fits into Hidden Springs perfectly, I really like your interiors

Got everybody rec'd
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Uh oh, this does NOT sound good for baby Ethan! I have lots of catching up to do but count me in! Should be able to finish by 12/5...or whatever end date was. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Uh oh, this does NOT sound good for baby Ethan! I have lots of catching up to do but count me in! Should be able to finish by 12/5...or whatever end date was. :)
    Oh no! Have you spotted my 'secret' plan? :(
    ... which might also see a couple of 'infamous' Simmers arrive in Hidden Springs ... ;)

But it's great to hear that would like to contribute, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm going to be a little busier than expected over the next couple of weeks so the deadline might shift a bit.
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    edited November 2016
    Wow, came back to lurk the other builds and I'm so impressed! Everyone has done such an amazing job, and I hope everyone is proud of their results!

Edit: autocorrect wanted my post to have a different meaning all together.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ajaxpost - Now that the exchange I was involved in has wound down, I found myself impatient to continue building again. I have spent the last several days working on a dive bar for this. I don't think it's either as elaborate or as interesting as some of the others that have been entered, but I decided to do it anyway.

Just one question: I know you said five images per post, but I'm assuming that's because too many images can cause pages to jump, and also make pages take forever to load. However, I use spoiler tags for my images. Would it be OK to post more than five images, since I put them in spoilers? I can limit it to five images per spoiler tag if need be. There's no page jumping when you use spoilers, and that way the images don't have to load when the page first loads, either.
  • Options
    @ajaxpost - Now that the exchange I was involved in has wound down, I found myself impatient to continue building again. I have spent the last several days working on a dive bar for this. I don't think it's either as elaborate or as interesting as some of the others that have been entered, but I decided to do it anyway.

Just one question: I know you said five images per post, but I'm assuming that's because too many images can cause pages to jump, and also make pages take forever to load. However, I use spoiler tags for my images. Would it be OK to post more than five images, since I put them in spoilers? I can limit it to five images per spoiler tag if need be. There's no page jumping when you use spoilers, and that way the images don't have to load when the page first loads, either.
    Hi @MiaSkywalker, I hadn't seen it used much until recently but the spoiler tag does seem to be a good way to keep posts, and pages, organised. Yes, I'm happy for you to use spoiler tags to show off your lot. :)

It certainly is good to see such a variety of entries so far, so I'm excited to see your take on this particular build specification.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I finally got to check out all the previous entries

@SjappielovePaul Nice entrance to your bar/hotel. I like the way you did the upper windows and great choice of wall covering
    @ciane I like the way yours blends into the town, do simmies need a secret password to get in?
    @aricarai Love the outside it looks like an old abandoned storefront. OMG the piano, here I thought I was being clever and you thought of it first :o
    @imdragonit I like the art deco look to it and using the restaurant doors was a clever choice
    @Cadh20000 you certainly have a lot of fun stuff to do in there
    @taratownie Your build fits into Hidden Springs perfectly, I really like your interiors

Got everybody rec'd

I tried to use the red brick from the fire place next door and the tan from the business building behind it. And yes you need a secret password! ;)
    So nice of you to comment on everyone's. What a great name you picked! Secret organization, huh? Nice!
  • Options
    Can someone tell me where the dumpsters are found? I've been searching under both deco and buydebug, but I'm not finding them in either place.
  • Options
    ... which might also see a couple of 'infamous' Simmers arrive in Hidden Springs ... ;)

But it's great to hear that would like to contribute, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm going to be a little busier than expected over the next couple of weeks so the deadline might shift a bit.

I 'might' have you sussed!! It will still be lots of fun to see it unfold and see what those 'infamous' simmers get up to in your game. And I could be wrong. We shall see...

*Queue soap opera music* Will Carl live long enough to see baby Ethan age up well? If Carl lives long enough to see baby Ethan age up, will he wish he hadn't?! Will Debra and Johnny's love withstand the heartbreak of a son gone wrong? Stay tuned to the Slade Dynasty Chronicles to learn the answers! :lol:
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker They're in lawn ornaments in the outdoor section
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker They're in lawn ornaments in the outdoor section
    Thank you! They were the one thing I hadn't been able to find. :)
  • Options

The Forgotten Barrel

Created by Mia Skywalker
    Location: 22 Subalpine Circle (It was the closest empty lot to the Criminal hideout. I felt that was necessary!)
    Size: 40x40

Description for the lot in the upload:
    Once a favorite hangout and dance hall for many of the locals, the place changed hands several times after the death of the first owner. It has gradually fallen into decay and disrepair. The current owner is believed to have ties to criminal elements, and has changed the downstairs area from a small dance hall to a gambling den. Sims feeling down and out often come there, hoping to win big... and often losing even bigger. The owner offers loans, at a rate that is just as deadly as the gambling tables themselves. It is a good place to lose a few Simoleons, but if you aren't careful, you may lose even more than that.

It includes items from every expansion but no stuff packs, at least according to the Exchange page. The expansions that are absolutely necessary are Showtime (mostly props, but also the karaoke bar), Ambitions (the drink bars, and many of the neon signs decor), University (the barista bar), World Adventures (the nectar maker), and then of course a LOT of store content.

Premium content includes all three gambling tables (I use the roulette wheel twice), the slot machines, and the bistro oven. I've also placed menus on the table, so Sims can eat there as well. The bistro occasionally had no chef in my game, but I suspect it was because Nraas was having problems finding Sims to man it.

The layout:
    First floor: Two drink bars, the barista bar, the bistro oven, tables with menus, one slot machine, and a stage with musical instruments and a karaoke machine.
    Second floor: Two bathrooms, each with four terlets, and the owner's office, with an attached bedroom and shower.
    Basement 1: Gambling tables, slot machines, a dive bar, they hypnotizer, and a juke box.
    Basement 2: Nectar maker and wine racks.

It uses elevators instead of stairs to go from floor to floor.

Outside there are:
    A sleeping bag, a fire ring, a fixer-upper car, and a junk pile. There are also two dumpsters; they aren't in the screenshots (I didn't feel like redoing all of them yet again), but they are in the upload.

2mocllg.jpg

Pictures
    Outside
    ac95ap.jpg
    4nbz4.jpg
    arzah.jpg
    70xhuh.jpg

Floor Layouts
    First floor
    2w2pwuo.jpg

Second floor
    3356oie.jpg

Basement 1
    1hsfnp.jpg

Basement 2
    29gn711.jpg

Inside screenshots
    First floor
    2rctzk0.jpg
    2hq7x9u.jpg
    24c9jq9.jpg
    lfjao.jpg

More inside shots
    20fdq82.jpg
    30nhvmc.jpg
    iw2cgo.jpg
    23rmn36.jpg
    dxzkes.jpg
    25056r5.jpg
    2uf59np.jpg
    14cf9eb.jpg
    2j677l0.jpg
    6plyxj.jpg
    11r7nlj.jpg
    25hkaq9.jpg
    15cn6hk.jpg

Second floor
    4j289f.jpg
    2yo8zeh.jpg
    10olk6t.jpg
    ei7f9e.jpg
    2z5156h.jpg
    2rvxymw.jpg
    30tlw61.jpg
    174tg9.jpg
    2jb5xzm.jpg
    29c3na1.jpg
    2d1ll5k.jpg

Basement level 1
    10pskz8.jpg
    2ip1xf.jpg
    28jzer9.jpg
    52i6gp.jpg
    2zise3q.jpg
    2vtqnh4.jpg
    521etd.jpg
    5zh8k.jpg

Basement level 2
    wv94wk.jpg
    14e6sqp.jpg
    k1cks2.jpg

Outside activities
    ohfnn.jpg
    rtdlx2.jpg
    1i6p2.jpg
    9a2u6c.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The Forgotten Barrel

Created by Mia Skywalker
    Location: 22 Subalpine Circle (It was the closest empty lot to the Criminal hideout. I felt that was necessary!)
    Size: 40x40

Description for the lot in the upload:
    Once a favorite hangout and dance hall for many of the locals, the place changed hands several times after the death of the first owner. It has gradually fallen into decay and disrepair. The current owner is believed to have ties to criminal elements, and has changed the downstairs area from a small dance hall to a gambling den. Sims feeling down and out often come there, hoping to win big... and often losing even bigger. The owner offers loans, at a rate that is just as deadly as the gambling tables themselves. It is a good place to lose a few Simoleons, but if you aren't careful, you may lose even more than that.

2mocllg.jpg
    Excellent, thank you Mia, I shall have fun riding those lifts to discover the 'pleasures' of each floor. :)

Hmm ... I wonder if it's possible to tie someone to the bed ... someone who deserved/needed it :naughty:

And, you've taught me about not just 'spoilers' but 'nested spoilers'! :cookie::blush:

• Options
    I 'might' have you sussed!! It will still be lots of fun to see it unfold and see what those 'infamous' simmers get up to in your game. And I could be wrong. We shall see...

*Queue soap opera music* Will Carl live long enough to see baby Ethan age up well? If Carl lives long enough to see baby Ethan age up, will he wish he hadn't?! Will Debra and Johnny's love withstand the heartbreak of a son gone wrong? Stay tuned to the Slade Dynasty Chronicles to learn the answers! :lol:
    Ah, well, we'll see how long I can kept you hanging on! :sunglasses:

Did you watch that old US sitcom "SOAP"? The best intros/outros ever! Not sure I could achieve such perfection every week.
  • Options
    Did you watch that old US sitcom "SOAP"? The best intros/outros ever! Not sure I could achieve such perfection every week.
    That was SUCH an awesome show! I remember those intros/outros. That was the one show you NEVER wanted to be even one minute late for, and you watched all the way through the credits. :)
  • Options

Actually, it's a chicken on a cat on a dog on a donkey, which is a reference to the Bremen Town Musicians. However, I'm wondering where that statue is in the game, because I've certainly never seen it before!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ciane wrote: »
    Nice job Mia!
    Thanks, ciane! :) Not at all my usual style of build, but I had fun building it and testing it. :)

I've also now rec'd all of the other entries (I had been avoiding looking at them closely before), and I even downloaded a couple. Even though this isn't even close to my usual play style, I was too intrigued with a couple of them not to!
  • Options
    You're welcome, Mia. I had just been searching for them because I needed them too! :) I'm avoiding looking at the other buids too until I'm done with mine!

I've been delayed due to a glitch in my build. When y'all are building are you classifying it as a dive bar? Or just using hang out?

Adrian, those intros are amazing and made me want to watch the show! I have faith in you. I think you can do it!
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've been delayed due to a glitch in my build. When y'all are building are you classifying it as a dive bar? Or just using hang out?

I just used "Hangout" because at the time I didn't have the expansion for "Dive Bars"... "Late Night", wasn't it? I got them(the 3 expansions I hadn't had yet; "Late Night", "Showtime", and "University Life)) since then thanks to the Steam sale so I suppose I could reclassify it now though with the way it is laid out I think it should probably stay a hangout.
    Post edited by Cadh20000 on
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    You're welcome, Mia. I had just been searching for them because I needed them too! :) I'm avoiding looking at the other buids too until I'm done with mine!

Adrian, those intros are amazing and made me want to watch the show! I have faith in you. I think you can do it!

I classified mine as Dive Bar. According to the Sims wiki:
    • Dive Bars are the poorest of all the bars, and the maximum star an NPC will have there is 1. Dive Bars attract Athletic Sims, Daredevils, Party Animals, and Sims that Love the Outdoors. These bars also attract Vampires and Sims in the Criminal career. Bookworms, Cowards, Snobs, Loners and Sims that are Shy or Hate the Outdoors will avoid this bar.

So, if you really want to attract the criminal element (Sims in the Criminal career), you really should use this lot category. Hm... I think maybe I'll mod my game to remove the loves the outdoors draw. That just feels slightly inappropriate.