Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build a Den of Vice & Iniquity Comp. - Winner Videos Uploaded

Comments

• imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @Cadh20000 try again with upload, I was having trouble earlier & went fine the 2nd time :)
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    imdragonit wrote: »
    @ajaxpost Here's my entry, the accent color should be blue ( from all the cuss words ) instead of flamingo pink :D
    imdragonit
    The Shady Lady ( no ladies here, just sims of the female persuasion )
    9 Azure Lake Ave
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Excellent, thank you! :)

I will be downloading and discovering it's attractions in a couple of days.
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    Finished my first lot, uploaded it and several screenshots to "The Exchange", but can't find the screenshots now... ?_?

I'll be back to post my entry as soon as I get the screenshots uploaded to Photobucket I guess. Hope you like it, doesn't look as shabby as I'd hoped but I guess I kinda got carried away. :p
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    edited November 2016
    Name: Cadh20000

Lot Name: "Here to Hang" (Made in lot "7 Diopside Lane", formerly "The Enchanted Grill" so I know it will fit there.
    Screenshot-44.jpgScreenshot-45.jpgScreenshot-46.jpgScreenshot-47.jpgScreenshot-48.jpg

Description: "Outwardly a hangout with an all-ages rec area on the ground floor and an adults-only bar/lounge in the basement, the sub-basement hides a little secret that could fill...or empty your wallet in a flash."

Highlight Items... It is a long list.

Store items...according to The Exchange anyway...It shortened the names of a few items but it is too hard on my system to tab in and out to check them in-game.
    • Triple Riches Slots O'Jackpots Slot Machine
    • Let it Ride Roulette Table
    • Dead Man's Hand Poker Table
    • Hit 'em Harder Blackjack Table
    • Galactic Simball Arcade
    • Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball
    • Buzzer Beater Free Throw Machine
    • X-Pl4y-4rc4d3
    • Castle Double Door I by Castle Kits
    • Cellar Arch
    • Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Not Square...(a wall light fixture)
    • Industrial Chic Column
    • Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop
    • Vertical Challenge Rock Wall
    • Ultra Lounge Trash Can
    • Olde Simogany Desk
    • Boss Level Lighting
    • Gallery Space Track Lighting
    • Reynard The Raven
    • Safer than Safe End Table
    • Croon to me Softly Mic Stand
    • Chair of Fortuna
    • "In Like Flynn" Fusion Guitar
    • Dazzling Disco Dome
    • Winner's Spot
    • Barrier to Entry

There have also been things used from the base game and following expansions:
    • Supernatural
    • World Adventures
    • Seasons
    • Generations
    • Into the Future
    • Pets
    • Ambitions

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9007774
    Post edited by Cadh20000 on
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

Cadh20000 wrote: »
    Finished my first lot, uploaded it and several screenshots to "The Exchange"...

Hope you like it, doesn't look as shabby as I'd hoped but I guess I kinda got carried away. :p

Ahh, I know that feeling! Put something in ... oh, this something else would work with that ... maybe if I tweak that ... :blush:

Lot Name: "Here to Hang" (Made in lot "7 Diopside Lane", formerly "The Enchanted Grill" so I know it will fit there.

Screenshot-44.jpg

Description: "Outwardly a hangout with an all-ages rec area on the ground floor and an adults-only bar/lounge in the basement, the sub-basement hides a little secret that could fill...or empty your wallet in a flash."

Splendid, thank you.

Installing now to check out later.
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    My name: taratownie
    Name of the lot: Hidden Tavern
    Description: Hidden Tavern is a place where normal honest people simply do not want to go. It is a place where criminals are hanging, gambling and drinking illicit nectar.
    Features: two professional bars, poker, roulette, blackjack, slot machines, pool, darts, domino, foosball, shuffleboard and horseshoes court. Includes a hidden room for evil purposes in the basement. Built for 52 Bristlecone Way in Hidden Springs. Lot size 30 x 30, lot type Dive Bar.
    Screenshot-21_zpsib3vrdgb.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zpsg6bgkwp2.jpg
    Screenshot-33_zpsamy10whw.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zps1j2xfnoo.jpg
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Finished my first lot, uploaded it and several screenshots to "The Exchange"...

Hope you like it, doesn't look as shabby as I'd hoped but I guess I kinda got carried away. :p

Ahh, I know that feeling! Put something in ... oh, this something else would work with that ... maybe if I tweak that ... :blush:

Screenshot-44.jpg

Splendid, thank you.

Installing now to check out later.

I'm just really hoping that "Barrier to Entry" system works right, it was about 6am when I finished and I forgot to test it before uploading.

First time I went to do the build I made a game in Hidden Springs and got sidetracked playing my new Sim(who is now a married "Mad Scientist" and expecting his first child.), so this time I started the game but never even made a Sim at all, just went straight to "Edit Town" to get to work. :p
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    The competitions heating up - great job everyone! I've got ya'll rec'd! :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great bar @taratownie. It fits in perfectly. I, too, have rec'd every entry. ;) I hope to see lots more.
    edited November 2016
    taratownie wrote: »
    Description: Hidden Tavern is a place where normal honest people simply do not want to go. It is a place where criminals are hanging, gambling and drinking illicit nectar.
    Features: two professional bars, poker, roulette, blackjack, slot machines, pool, darts, domino, foosball, shuffleboard and horseshoes court. Includes a hidden room for evil purposes in the basement. Built for 52 Bristlecone Way in Hidden Springs. Lot size 30 x 30, lot type Dive Bar.
    Oh, very nice, thank you! :)

I have installed all the builds so far and had a quick look at all of them and will be properly testing all of them through this week.
    aricarai wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »
    Great bar @taratownie. It fits in perfectly. I, too, have rec'd every entry. ;) I hope to see lots more.

Well, yep, it's great to see so many wonderful and imaginative builds already ... though it does remind why I run lotteries rather than competitions, trying to decide on a winner is not going to be easy!
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member

I have installed all the builds so far and had a quick look at all of them and will be properly testing all of them through this week.

Well, yep, it's great to see so many wonderful and imaginative builds already ... though it does remind why I run lotteries rather than competitions, trying to decide on a winner is not going to be easy!

Thank you @ciane you have a fabulous build yourself. Me three have rec'd all entries. I liked @aricarai 's entry and her piano, very creative! I ended up trying to make grand piano look like it has seen better days.

You're welcome @ajaxpost , thanks for hosting.

I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3

Thank you @ciane you have a fabulous build yourself. Me three have rec'd all entries. I liked @aricarai 's entry and her piano, very creative! I ended up trying to make grand piano look like it has seen better days.

@taratownie - thank you m'dear! I love a bit of MOO action! Your build is fantastic too - it looks very seedy! :)

@taratownie - thank you m'dear! I love a bit of MOO action! Your build is fantastic too - it looks very seedy! :)
    I remember back in the early days of this competition the frustration over the lack of an upright piano in the Store so when we first saw the images of @aricarai's bar I was worried that a CC piano had been used which disqualify the entry ... until I loaded it up and realised it was a neat use of MOO to create a smart simulation of a typical bar 'joanna'. :)

And I'm loving the fact that, on this thread at least, describe a build as being "really seedy" and mean it as a compliment! :mrgreen:
    edited November 2016

I remember back in the early days of this competition the frustration over the lack of an upright piano in the Store so when we first saw the images of @aricarai's bar I was worried that a CC piano had been used which disqualify the entry ... until I loaded it up and realised it was a neat use of MOO to create a smart simulation of a typical bar 'joanna'. :)

And I'm loving the fact that, on this thread at least, describe a build as being "really seedy" and mean it as a compliment! :mrgreen:

@ajaxpost - Since I started building and sharing, I've never used CC items. I only used them back in the Sims 1 days and that was strictly for Sims. I run a mostly vanilla game apart from a default skin and the use of pose player when necessary. Other than that, I've got to get super creative with the items in the game. I luuuuuuuurve me some MOO! :mrgreen:
    "MOO"? What does that stand for?
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

• angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Cadh20000 move objects on/off
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    edited November 2016
    @Cadh20000 move objects on/off
    As Jess says. It is a "cheat" code that allows you to place objects in locations that they would not normally fit, it is especially useful for arranging décor items to create a more realistic setup or, as @aricarai did, combine objects to create something that doesn't exist in the Store, like the upright piano for which you would otherwise need to use CC.

Although the thread is pretty screwed up after being moved from the old TS3 forum there is a lot of good building tips and tricks, with examples including using MOO in the Daily Deal Stalkers Builders thread. There is also good tutorial video from @deligracy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxgamYi9eo

When used on objects that Sims can interact with you do need to remember that all the normal routing rules still apply when in play, so when your Sims come to use a chair or bathroom fixture, for example, that you have placed in an unusual position the routing space still has to be available.
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
    You can do some pretty amazing things with MOO but you most definitely have to make sure you playtest afterwards or else as @ajaxpost said, it could cause routing issues.

That Deligracy video is really good - she gets super creative with the cheat!

Happy MOOing!
    @ajaxpost Yeah, I know that one, just not the acronym for it. Main thing(though not the only thing) I use it for is windows and/or lights in stairwells.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

You can do some pretty amazing things with MOO but you most definitely have to make sure you playtest afterwards or else as @ajaxpost said, it could cause routing issues.

That Deligracy video is really good - she gets super creative with the cheat!

Happy MOOing!
    I don't build very often so I frequently forget that MOO even exists! :unamused:

There is a build I have in my current game that doesn't have routing issues as such but some interactions wouldn't work and I couldn't understand why until I went into Build/buy and realised MOO had been used a lot.
    The dress stands are a mix of a large Asian jar and the sales pedestal so depending on where I click I get either the 'view' or the 'purchase' interaction.

@ajaxpost Yeah, I know that one, just not the acronym for it. Main thing(though not the only thing) I use it for is windows and/or lights in stairwells.
    And this is why I enjoy Build sharing threads ,,, the game allows you to do so many different things - like making stairwells more realistic. It probably wouldn't have occurred to do that despite being such an obvious thing to do, so thank-you for mentioning it :smiley::star::cookie:

I remember back in the early days of this competition the frustration over the lack of an upright piano in the Store so when we first saw the images of @aricarai's bar I was worried that a CC piano had been used which would disqualify the entry ... until I loaded it up and realised it was a neat use of MOO to create a smart simulation of a typical bar 'joanna'. :)

aricarai wrote:
    @ajaxpost - Since I started building and sharing, I've never used CC items. I only used them back in the Sims 1 days and that was strictly for Sims. I run a mostly vanilla game apart from a default skin and the use of pose player when necessary. Other than that, I've got to get super creative with the items in the game. I luuuuuuuurve me some MOO! :mrgreen:
    Absolutely, I play with a fair amount of CC content and some half-dozen mods and only had a couple of problems. If I remember correctly there was one Sim that broke some clothing options and a child interactions mod that I didn't update after installing a new TS3 patch (it made child and teen Sims 'forget' they had learnt to walk and so they continued to crawl everywhere! :anguished:
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Wow, have I been away so long or have you all been speed building? ;)

Great entries! I'm glad I don't have to judge :p
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I wanted to say, I've been following this thread, although I've been too busy building for the fall exchange to do something here. I love all the builds so far; the grunginess is delightful, and I've been amazed at the creativity.

@ajaxpost: What is that item on the left wall of the image for the Tres Chic Boutique that you posted? It looks sort of like something from the Cirque set, but recolored, and I didn't think you could recolor that item. The colors it's done in, in your image, are lovely; I love the white-and-gold look. :)

Once the exchange is over, I might have to try my hand at something for you. I just hope I can break away from my fixation on medieval to do something that fits the world you want. :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I started following this thread and then tried desperately to avoid it, but I can't. I went ahead and did a build. It was kind of fun to make something that wasn't all shiny and neat and clean. Once the Fall Gift Exchange is over I'll give it a final going over and get it uploaded. Then maybe I can go and look at all the previous entries, I've not checked any of those out yet and I'm dying to see them :)
    edited November 2016
    Oops! I added this post late on Friday night with loads of stuff missing and a last 'sentence' that looked like I'd fallen asleep on the keyboard! :anguished:

Unfortunately I was feeling very unwell yesterday so I wasn't really up for actual thinking and making sense (yes, I do, sometimes!)
    But here were are now, compos mentis (or near enough!) and I can finally write all that I had intended to on Friday. :)
    Wow, have I been away so long or have you all been speed building? ;)
    Hiya @SjappielovePaul, well some people announced their intention to enter and I reckon others kept quiet until they had something they were happy with. As I mentioned before I'm a slow builder anyway but once I get really enthused with a build I have to make it perfect and fill it with all the 'right' décor.
    Great entries! I'm glad I don't have to judge :p
    Oh yes, aren't they just! You lovely people have made by job so difficult! :open_mouth::heart::star:

I've only run lotteries before, where a random number generator made the decision about the winners, but now, it's just me and, y'know, I'm quite nervous about selecting a winner!

I wanted to say, I've been following this thread, although I've been too busy building for the fall exchange to do something here. I love all the builds so far; the grunginess is delightful, and I've been amazed at the creativity.

@ajaxpost: What is that item on the left wall of the image for the Tres Chic Boutique that you posted? It looks sort of like something from the Cirque set, but recolored, and I didn't think you could recolor that item. The colors it's done in, in your image, are lovely; I love the white-and-gold look. :)

Once the exchange is over, I might have to try my hand at something for you. I just hope I can break away from my fixation on medieval to do something that fits the world you want. :)
    Hi @MiaSkywalker ,

I can't argue with you; every build is so unique and all the difficulties in meeting my specification have been imaginatively and creatively resolved.

Not sure if it would fit Hidden Springs in the way I'm looking for but a faux 'medieval' casino (like all those themed casinos in places like Las Vegas) sounds like fun? :naughty:

As for the wall art, yes it is the "Le Cirque Esprit-Fabulous Flourish Wall Art" just recoloured.

Kgaff wrote: »
    I started following this thread and then tried desperately to avoid it, but I can't. I went ahead and did a build. It was kind of fun to make something that wasn't all shiny and neat and clean. Once the Fall Gift Exchange is over I'll give it a final going over and get it uploaded. Then maybe I can go and look at all the previous entries, I've not checked any of those out yet and I'm dying to see them :)
    Ah-ha, another innocent builder falls into devilish lair! :)

Isn't it wicked(ly nice) when a little idea worms it's way into your head and you can't leave it alone. :)

Most of all thank you so much for playing along, I know when I've created something outside my normal comfort zone when I get it right (actually, sometimes even just finishing the build) it has been immensely satisfying.

I look forward to seeing your creation.
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

Your name - Kgaff

The name of your lot - Order of the Llama Lodge 101, 11 Dioside Ln, Hidden Springs

A description of the features of the venue - highlighting the main content used -
    At one time this was the magnificent Llama Lodge building. The membership was a veritable "Who's who" of Hidden Springs. It was the place to meet for drinks and celebrate special occasions in the upstairs banquet room.
    Now, most of the members of the lodge have left town or merely died off. Now the lodge is nothing more than a dark, rundown dive bar. Termites are slowly working their way through the place. The banquet room now houses an unlevel pool talble, a couple of slot machines and an old photo booth.
    Downstairs you can sit at the bar and listen to the piano player fight to be heard over the radio. If you want to, try your luck at the gambling table.

Some photos of the lot (no more than five images per post please)
    Order%20of%20the%20Llama%20Lodge%20101%20%201_zpsukpu1ldh.jpg

Order%20of%20the%20Llama%20Lodge%20101%20%202_zpsfpfbrft2.jpg

Order%20of%20the%20Llama%20Lodge%20101%205_zps83djjpfo.jpg

Order%20of%20the%20Llama%20Lodge%20101%209_zpsntyv03c8.jpg

Order%20of%20the%20Llama%20Lodge%20101%2012_zpsbatu3sfn.jpg

A Download Link (preferably on the Exchange, or ModTheSims, or Mediafire)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9012382