Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One of the main features is a.....???

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
BASKETBALL??? SERIOUSLY???? This is Get Together all over again. Pro-tip: EA/Maxis you simply don't put a gameplay object as a main feature in a $40 PACK! That makes it sound/seem as a small one. Should've learned from the "Closet". Anyways, I won't hate on City Life that much and will give it a chance. It is just this irritated me xD I really hope this pack isn't a small barebone one :sweat:

P.S: I know some of you might be thinking that a basket-ball court is a BIG FEATURE and not something small but knowing EA, it won't be a little mini basketball court but more like a little hoop where you throw the ball. Just like The Sims 2 Freetime and the football field in The Sims 3 Seasons thus it shouldn't count as a big feature. UNLESS we get a legit match, which I HIGHLY DOUBT.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    domina89 wrote: »
    I'm more afraid it will be a gigantic court that will absorb most of my lot space. See: water slide, cupcake maker, telescope, etc...

On the contrary for me, I really hope they are big. I am in need of fully-fleshed out objects, much better than it being conveniently small yet useless because it is not fun.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Yeah, it seems like it's going to be a constant thing with TS4. The same happens with the new worlds that come with these EPs. They hyped Windenburg until they couldn't anymore. Meanwhile we get 3 new different worlds with EPs like World Adventures, plus a bunch of new gameplay as well. It's just sad that big features now mean a new world, closets and basketball. I'm still hoping the apartments will at least be decent. If not, then this will be just another "meh" EP to me because I'm not impressed with what I've seen so far..

This ^^^ :/

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Considering a City world wasn't listed on that list, I don't think that's the main features - just those they could think of and put in an email fast.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    BASKETBALL??? SERIOUSLY???? This is Get Together all over again. Pro-tip: EA/Maxis you simply don't put a gameplay object as a main feature in a $40 PACK! That makes it sound/seem as a small one. Should've learned from the "Closet". Anyways, I won't hate on City Life that much and will give it a chance. It is just this irritated me xD I really hope this pack isn't a small barebone one :sweat:

P.S: I know some of you might be thinking that a basket-ball court is a BIG FEATURE and not something small but knowing EA, it won't be a little mini basketball court but more like a little hoop where you throw the ball. Just like The Sims 2 Freetime and the football field in The Sims 3 Seasons thus it shouldn't count as a big feature. UNLESS we get a legit match, which I HIGHLY DOUBT.

We don t know that yet. You can't go by leaks.
  • Options

We don t know that yet. You can't go by leaks.

Yes you can. They look legit.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    A complaint thread on a rumor. Seriously people this isn't official yet so calm down.
  • Options
    A complaint thread on a rumor. Seriously people this isn't official yet so calm down.

You said it yourself "NOT OFFICIAL" and guess in which section the thread is? Good God

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

You said it yourself "NOT OFFICIAL" and guess in which section the thread is? Good God

But youre acting like it is. Literally all of this is rumor. And if was never stated the basketball was a main feature, just that itll be in it.

As for another person, festivals ARE a major feature. They were advertised as such in sims 3 seasons too.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

But youre acting like it is. Literally all of this is rumor. And if was never stated the basketball was a main feature, just that itll be in it.

As for another person, festivals ARE a major feature. They were advertised as such in sims 3 seasons too.

It was actually, remember the leaker who put the most important features in the pack in bullet points?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    I hope they add like big basketball courts for community lots and parks, AND a little basket for the backyard. That'd be cool, everyone would be happy.
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    I see lounge chairs being listed as a core feature in a future pack..
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I see lounge chairs being listed as a core feature in a future pack..

Gurus definitely made a big deal about it and how it can't be in a stuff pack xD So it isn't a far stretch

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member

Gurus definitely made a big deal about it and how it can't be in a stuff pack xD So it isn't a far stretch

I'm not a game developer, or anything of that nature, but how hard can it be to make a LOUNGE CHAIR, which is made for just lounging or napping.
    Doesn't sound like anything major to me
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options

I'm not a game developer, or anything of that nature, but how hard can it be to make a LOUNGE CHAIR, which is made for just lounging or napping.

Yep...same question

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    If they indeed do add basketball as a 'main feature' then I give up. I thought they would have learned from their mistakes with Get Together. Being able to play basketball is a nice novelty sure, but for an expansion pack? and if it's one of the key features??????

What are they thinking. They claim to always be listening but i've yet to see decent evidence of it.

The whole pack looks really boring so far so I hope it's fake. To have waited this long for another expansion pack (one which everyone was pinning hopes for being Generations) then to be offered this instead.....

Let it be fake!
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    How about you actually wait till more info/ trailer comes out? At this rate a lot of you are just making a bunch of negative assumptions that have no basis
  • Options
    mika wrote: »
    How about you actually wait till more info/ trailer comes out? At this rate a lot of you are just making a bunch of negative assumptions that have no basis

I said it before and will say it again...THERE IS A REASON THIS IS IN SPECULATION/RUMOR SECTION...BECAUSE NOT EVERYTHING IS OFFICIAL. I swear, what goes on in your mind when you type.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

Youre not a game developer exactly, so allow me to explain since its what im studying for in college.

Stuff packs have less resources than game or expansion pack teams. Lounge chairs require different animations. They lay at a different angle than with hot tubs or chairs etc. Not only that but it has to work with multi tasking.

Its not that its too difficult, its that it requires too much resources for a stuff pack to INTRODUCE. If a pack with more resources bit off that chunk of work, stuff packs would include them.

There is so much mis imformation in these forums, people are claiming the gurus said they were too hard when they never did.

I would love if @SimGuruGraham would confirm what I just said, although he already has numerous times.
  • Options

It was actually, remember the leaker who put the most important features in the pack in bullet points?

All he did was put a couple of new and interesting features, he never said basketball was being advertised as a new and major feature.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    You know, maybe basketball isn't just basketball and actually has some, I don't know, depth to it that you can't imagine? Maybe there's a basketball tournament with each of the worlds, and the more worlds there are the larger the tournament becomes? Perhaps there are contests where your Sims can win stuff if they reach a goal in time, or beat another Sim in basketball? Maybe it's a whole skill that's fleshed out here?

Basketball is not like closets in any way, shape or form.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

The hard part isn't making the actual object, it's the sheer amount of animations they'd need to create. Here's his quote explaining why they can't put a lounge chair into an SP's development timeframe.
    QDog wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I would LOVE all of those but SPs do not usually come with new animations and if new animations are added they aren't usually very complex. SimGuruGraham already confirmed that lounge chairs would be too much work for a SP because of the new animations that would be required (particularly multitasking while lounging), so I wouldn't hold my breath for those activities as they look like they would be animation heavy...

I just want to correct this as to set expectations properly for those who are guessing, and those who haven't tried a Sims 4 Stuff Pack yet... Stuff packs in The Sims 4 always come with new animations.

What people typically don't understand about why lounge chairs would take so much animation work, is that it would require re-authoring almost all of the social animation content that's currently in-game to take place from a relaxed posture (which ties into supporting multi-tasking, but is not the extent of the work that would be necessary to fully support multi-tasking). Currently those animations only support seated and standing postures. Swings present a similar problem in terms of how existing animations would be incorporated into such an object, where the position of the Sim's hands and feet wouldn't necessarily align with the suite of existing animation content we'd want to support Sims performing from that object.

Anyway, happy guessing :smile:

So you'd basically need to create a new "family" of animations in order to allow for the Sims to recline back and still be able to interact with other Sims, as well as a new transition animation?

Essentially, yes. That suite/family of animations that I'm talking about supporting is well into the hundreds (if not thousands; which wouldn't surprise me - I don't have the numbers handy) of different animations, each needing to be adjusted to work from this new relaxed posture that Sims would be in. It isn't the same amount of work as authoring new animations from scratch, but it's certainly significantly more than we can fit within the schedule of a stuff pack. That's why when people ask about them I mention that there's nothing technically stopping us from adding them, they would just need to happen in a larger pack that can accommodate that work.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

I agree - I don't want any feature sets which involve basketball courts and basketball is generally undesirable where I come from! A teaser image featuring characters who are spinning basketballs is very un-attractive.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top