Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff Speculations

Comments

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Is it just me or is Bob wearing a new shirt?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's a new tank top or sleeveless shirt.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited July 2016
    Awesome! I like the new CAS items. I'm wondering when this will be released, hopefully by mid Augest!
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I think that the spinning thing is a windmill, also maybe wind will be added in a patch?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think they just used Gladys to play the part of the loving grandma.

My hope if for more pool items,
    like a water volleyball net, inflatables, inner tubes
    and then just more games, like football, ultimate frisbee, soccer, tennis
    tree houses for a woohoo spot
    Sheds/barn for a woohoo spot

I expect more hot tubs/jacuzzis
    Grills
    Outdoor fire pits/fireplaces
    lanterns/tiki torches
    terrain stuff
    other patio furniture
    canopies
    hammocks
    koi pond w/ waterfall... maybe.

those would be my wants and wishes.

I expect 4 out 13 of my list.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    I'm hoping more jungle gyms and playground equipment for kids. Sprinklers, more pool and jacuzzie options. With that bird icon maybe bird watching is back? Tree houses, more grill options, maybe a tire swing or even swing sets in general. Obviously a new table with umbrella(not sure if that color is already in game but it seems much bigger anyways). Thats all I can think of. :)

This! I would love all these things! All the types of things geared towards family play but that can be used outside of family play as well!
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    As everyone keeps stating I think we will get a nanny patch.

My guesses are:
    A new world
    Picnics
    Outdoor activities (I hope sports)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    1. A slightly larger patio (oops, backyard) table but I only see four chairs so I doubt any more will be able to sit around it.
    2. A nanny? Why? Lamps have more interaction in S4 than babies and lamps don't need nannies so why would a baby?
    3. More baby interactions? Then why is the bassinette in the backyard?
    4. Lemonade? Will we be able to make a pitcher of lemonade and serve it? I can die a happy man now, all my sims hopes and dreams have been answered. You all know kids will not get a lemonade stand. That would be too much to hope for.
    5. New clothes and hairs. Always a plus, so, fine, one point for Gryffindor.
    6. Don't we have the orange drink tray already? Lux or Spa?
    7. Weird hair colors for kids? Sure, why give them games to play like hopscotch or jump rope or tag when you can give them weird hair colors that no other sim will even notice or care about.
    8. The blue plaid box o' stuff? It doesn't look like a picnic basket, so no picnics in the park (oops, backyard) for our sims. It looks more like a bar-b-que box o' stuff to me. So our sims can bar-b-que in the backyard now? Oh wait, we already can.
    9. A light up flower whirly gig? A hint to a coming color wheel? My, my, you people do make me laugh. So, whirly gigs are coming? Fun! Half a point for Huffelpuff. About as useful as that plant pea shooter to stop zombies in S3 that only worked if the zombie stepped in range, in front of it.
    10. The birdy in a bubble? Pets? No! Bird houses or bird feeders? No! Already have a bird house and bird baths that the few birds that fly over head ignore. So, no! Could be (dare I say it) a "hint" to bird watching? That would be something at least. One point for Ravenclaw (only if it turns out to be true, if not true, 10 points for Slytherin).

I hope this post doesn't make you think that I'm not all a twitter with excitement over a stuff pack of revamped content we already have but, apparently, need remade, because I am. Why? Because I buy it all, so keep it coming boys and girls, guru's and guruettes. It could be worse........couldn't it?
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I was wondering if it might have more grandparent related interactions, since it looks to me like an older woman holding the baby.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2016
    Patch Content:

Seeing that fun-colour highlighted kid's hair makes me hope they are patching in all the hair colours for kids (with genetics). If I make a naturally blue-haired mum alien and a naturally pink-haired dad alien... I want their kids to inherit the blue hair and pink hair too... Not be blonde or brunette.

I also think there will be a nanny NPC (the old woman and basinet is out of place outside) as this seems like an obvious hint.

Not sure about anything else.

Backyard Stuff:

Lemonade making/juicer sounds good, but falls under kitchen stuff more than backyard stuff. Not sure how this will be added. Maybe it'll be a 2 part set that includes the tray to serve from. Even better if it allows making a tray of drinks from the bar or hot drinks machines too.

The table has 4 people sat around one side of it, so I assume it would seat 6-8 if chairs were all around. That'll be nice, and I hope it comes without a parasol too. The chair design looks suitable for inside or outside, and a non-parasol table would work indoors too.

The new outfits and hairs look nice and the outfits fit into the summer casual theme.

Other gameplay objects interactions could include things like slip'n'slide/sprinklers/waterballoon fights, maybe hopscotch or pavement chalks to make your own games/artwork, sand pit item or tools with sand toys and sandcastle building, swingball or any other lawn-based sports activity, Wendy houses/playhouses/fort items or kits to make them, playing catch/Frisbee etc. Maybe items for making greenhouses or other gardening items like composters.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited July 2016
    Do we have birds in the base game? (as decorations in the sky, obviously not controlled) I can't remember.
  • Options
    love32623love32623 Posts: 11 New Member
    Doesn't the design on Bobs shirt look like a city skyline? I'd love if we got a new city soon.
  • Options
    Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    I couldn't care less about more hair colors for the kids. Why don't they finally release something useful?
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Honestly I'm not reading much into any of it. The old lady and the baby could just be their attempt to make the pack look more family-oriented.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I would be quite excited if they added picnics in this pack :smile:
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I'm really excited for this SP- just because the SP have been killing it lately! I love kids room and movie pack!
    I think the wheel right up front could symbolize the return of the color wheel! I hope it does! At lest for hair and eyes.
    I also know that the baby had the crib so he's not "free" but something involving babies is on the way- if it's a nanny I think that means the next EP might be generations with toddlers-otherwise a nanny is a little over kill for the limited young life stages we have.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    Do we have birds in the base game? (as decorations in the sky, obviously not controlled) I can't remember.

Yeah, there are FX for them.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    JRBear wrote: »
    I was wondering if it might have more grandparent related interactions, since it looks to me like an older woman holding the baby.

Special interactions for grandparents would be so cool! They will prolly save that for a GP or EP
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    love32623 wrote: »
    Doesn't the design on Bobs shirt look like a city skyline? I'd love if we got a new city soon.

I noticed that and thought of that too. I'll have to check game and see if it's already in there.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    1. I agree the return of a nanny NPC seems plausible. I also wonder if that means something about how babies function in the game will change (not necessarily meaning they'll be unchained from the bassinet, but maybe they won't be wooshed off to daycare anymore?).

2. I'm really intrigued by the idea of bird watching. I could never get Free Time for TS2 because I'm a Mac user. For people who did, how did it work? I also saw someone else mention the possible inclusion of a bird collection to go with it, which could be cool. (Although, I should probably note that I actually like bird watching irl so I'm biased on this kind of idea.)

3 That spinner thing! The most exciting piece of speculation I've seen on that so far has been someone pointing out that it looks an awful lot like the little moving icons we have for each neighborhood on the worlds page. I wish I could find who said that to give them proper credit for the idea. So many people seem to be clamoring for a new neighborhood, maybe they'll patch one in? I'll be honest, that would totally make my day.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I believe/think Nanny/Babysitter will be patched in similar to Gardeners and Tragic Clowns as NPCS. I agree with others, I am hoping for more physical activities for kids and adults while having fun in the backyard. Different game styles for swimming pool, volleyball, basketball, tree houses, new playgrounds that have swings, slides, trampolines, etc :) Oh, cop/robber, hide and seek, play a tag, etc would be great. :) I would love to have a lemon stand for kids to make some money. Always love that in previous Sims games. Juicer would be great to make different kinds of fruits/vegetables to drink/sell if there is a drink stand.
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    I saw some speculation about bassinets working differently. Possibly being able to move them outside of build mode.

Wondering if maybe, not TOTALLY untying babies, but maybe making it possible to switch them between two bassinets or something? I mean, probably not, but maybe?

I think the pinwheel is likely a loading screen thing BUT a stylized animation of something coming in the pack? Like pinwheels children can run around with? Or maybe pinwheels that can be snapped to various furniture?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With all the "reasons" some things can't be done in S4, maybe S4 should have been titled S0 (zero), the pregame to the original game because S1 has animations in it S4 never will.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

Maybe the pin wheel is a color wheel.

I can dream
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2016
    Croxycook wrote: »
    I saw some speculation about bassinets working differently. Possibly being able to move them outside of build mode.[/i]

Wondering if maybe, not TOTALLY untying babies, but maybe making it possible to switch them between two bassinets or something? I mean, probably not, but maybe?

I think the pinwheel is likely a loading screen thing BUT a stylized animation of something coming in the pack? Like pinwheels children can run around with? Or maybe pinwheels that can be snapped to various furniture?

Yeah. I kind of speculated on that since the bassinet is outside with everyone else. Maybe we will get baby seats, or blankets we can move the babies on to.
    A drop down option of put baby: in bassinet
    : in swing
    : on blanket

It would be nice!