Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff Speculations

Comments

• Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I really, really want swings (for kids, but also a porch-type swing would be amazing! Couples could cozy up and swing together). A sprinkler would be wonderful. We have so many plants, I'm hoping that they focus the pack on usable items rather than foliage (though I wouldn't mind if there were a few new plants of a similar style to Romantic Garden. Those are absolutely lovely.)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Backyard Stuff:
    -New CAS items
    -New table, chairs and decor
    -New drinks pitcher and lemonade recipe (maybe a juicer?)
    -Bird watching? (thought bubble)
    -Windmill (could be significant due to Graham calling it out on Twitter?)
    -Not shown in the picture, but new gameplay objects could be kids playground equipment

Updates:
    -New hair colours
    -Nanny service

*THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND SPECULATION*
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Stuff I would like to see in the new backyard stuff pack.

- merry-go-round.
    - swingsets.
    - slides.
    - tree houses/forts.
    - water sprinklers.
    - tire swing.
    - hopscotch.
    - sidewalk chalk.
    - jump rope.
    - basketball/volleyball/soccer/catch.
    - tag
    - larger picnic tables/patio furnishings.
    - lounge chairs.
    - pool slides
    - actual pool diving boards.
    - pool games ( again pool volleyball )
    - pool floaties/noodles.
    - A small round grill.
    - Sun tanning/sun burns.
    - gazebos
    - allow kids to garden.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Has anybody got any thoughts on the significance of that windmill/spinner?
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I posted this on Twitter last night. LGR liked it. It's an old running joke from his videos :lol:

nobiid.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    edited July 2016
    So that other thread has a few snippets of speculation and discussion about the actual stuff pack but those posts are totally lost in the general discontent so I thought it would be fun to have a thread specifically geared to what we might get in the new stuff pack and free content patch. There are other threads discussing the lack of expansion packs and the time until the next content releases so please lets just keep this focused on what we think will come, or hope to see, in the new stuff pack. :)

25_zpsf638hqvh.png

I missed the bird thought bubble the first time I watched it and that is a bit of a mystery for me. I don't think it would be an aspiration or skill because those are not typically included in stuff packs. Maybe it just means outdoors and enjoying nature?

This SP has the potential to be awesome. SimGuruDrake is excited for it. That should tell you something right there.

I hope were going to see it release in July. One thing I notice is the kid with the adult hairsyle.

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It looks like there's something on the table, in front of the blue basket, and behind the SD-like tray but I have no idea what it is
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    To me, it's a really difficult GIF to take any real meaning from. The idea of an NPC nanny isn't really relevant to me or how I play so I don't know about that one.

I definitely want to see more for kids to do outside. I could speculate that the way the little girl is "peeking" around the chair that hide and seek is coming.

I would love for the babies to be untied from the bassinet, but I don't think so.

I'm curious about the pinwheel though. I think it means something definitely. When I looked up online about it, the most prevalent view of pinwheels are that they represent "childhood innocence". Secondary is the power of wind.

I really do just want simple things back. Like a game of catch between father and son....
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    S3EoYE9.png
    There are pluming cats on this lady's jacket!!!
    Pets confirmed to be the next EP

That would be epic, but it's a base game sweater.

Honestly, I still want the lemonade. (Not unrelated: it's headed up to 33-feels-like-39 here today IRL.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    S3EoYE9.png
    There are pluming cats on this lady's jacket!!!
    Pets confirmed to be the next EP

That vest is in game already sorry :(

Also @SimGuruDrake already stated that nothing in this teaser hinted at toddlers, pets or seasons :(
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited July 2016
    QDog wrote: »
    -I think there is going to be a babysitter npc added in a patch, Graham said no hints.
    -I think the bird might be for bird watching to come back.
    -There's now lemonade, we might get some lemon trees as a new harvestable.
    -There's obviously going to be new backyard furniture and new clothes.
    -Hopefully there will be some new outdoor activities for both kids and adults; i.e. swing set, trampoline, volleyball and/or badminton.

I don't know about the new activities. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE all of those but SPs do not usually come with new animations and if new animations are added they aren't usually very complex. SimGuruGraham already confirmed that lounge chairs would be too much work for a SP because of the new animations that would be required (particularly multitasking while lounging), so I wouldn't hold my breath for those activities as they look like they would be animation heavy...

Idk, in previous iterations of the game I would say you're right about the SPs restrictions, but SPs in TS4 (as of late) have been pretty impressive. The introduction of the Wishing Well in romantic gardens was definitely not something I expected to find in a SP. It's because of that, that I think things like trampolines, tree houses, swing sets, hammocks etc might be a real possibility for this SP. I'm cautiously hopeful. You're right and wise to advise caution, though! Speculation is fun as long as we all leave it at that. lol

Personally not thrilled with the nanny idea, since my babies aren't babies for very long and children are wonderfully independent in TS4, so they don't really need an adult with them constantly supervising. I have seen players requesting nannies on the forums, though, so this would be really awesome for them. For me, though, I truly see no need for a nanny unless they're planning on adding toddlers at some point. If she cleans my house and doesn't steal my coffee pot, though, I might keep her around instead of the maid. ;) ha!

That colorful garden wheel is really bothering me. It's placed prominently in the forefront, like it's one of the most important pieces of the picture, but I can think of no relevance for it. If it's just one of many pieces of garden decor that's hardly something to showcase. Maybe it will spin in game and hypnotize sims? It's kind of driving me a little bonkers. ;)

Edit: I forgot to add, the girl on the right has AWESOME shoes! I like the light and fun clothing styles I'm seeing here too.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Has anybody got any thoughts on the significance of that windmill/spinner?

It's stumping me as well and I believe it has significance. Perhaps something along this line:

http://www.popsugar.com/home/Use-Pinwheels-Scarecrows-Garden-8420159

Perhaps the bird Bob is thinking about is a pest to the garden lol. Maybe birds will eat plants instead of the zombies from S3

Just thinking!
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I absolutely love how the spinner is the thing that's confusing the forums as to what it is. But what is confusing is what @SimGuruNeel has to do with it, since @SimGuruGraham asked him about it and we're assuming it has something to do with backyard stuff. Maybe the're also patching more things in for our front yard?

MORE GARDEN GNOMES! Yaaaaay! Everybody always wants more of those.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Maybe fans (they could be hinted by that spinning windmill)? We got heaters in Dine Out so maybe now we get fans in Backyard SP.
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2016
    I really hope unnatural hair for kids is going to be patched in but it might only be one hairstyle from the pack. I know kids tend to get highlights and tips done in the Summer.
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    The guy w/ that long hair...I can't wait to use that hair.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    the rompers look cute.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    AllyJean13AllyJean13 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm hoping for the content not shown to be like sports related. Maybe a basketball hoop (my sims game would be complete) or a football to throw around.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    There is already CC large round tables available.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

Lots of us aren't interested in turning to CC for our game content.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Is it just me or is Bob wearing a new shirt?
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    The more I look at the render the more it reminds me of TS3 Outdoor Living Stuff, the lemonade (though this time it seems to be drinkable at least), the guy's hair is similar to the one we got back then, and the women's romper is also kinda similar to a romper we got with it too. That's just my thought... :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

Lots of us aren't interested in turning to CC for our game content.

Ok just saying in case someone didn't know and wanted them
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    I really like the black girl and white guy for some reason, they look different to render Sims usually do. Less cartoony and more realistic, if they get put on the gallery I'd add them to my world.