Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One of the main features is a.....???

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    I think it's great that this pack can be about other aspects than nightlife. Apartments alone can make a whole pack, see sims2 AL

I totally agree. Apartments alone is a big feature IF, and I mean IF they made them properly

Honestly looking at this new leaked image has shattered all my dreams for this EP.
    The apartments look like TS3. A fake building where you can build the apartment above it. This is the same awful TS3 system!!

29115609010_fb7e5d833e_o_d.jpg

I hope I am wrong but the picture says a lot.

Where is that image coming from exactly? Where is the source, I would like to know. Thanks!

from this thread
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I am not sure about the apartments, I fear it will be more like S3, and not like TS2. Did not like TS3 'apartments' at all. If they will be like S2, they will be fine to me.

See my above post :(

Yeah exactly, I fear for that too. If it really ends up like that once again, it just shows they aren't listening, or this engine really is not capable of doing the stuff we want from a Sims game. It's really sad and laughable at the same time.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I am not sure about the apartments, I fear it will be more like S3, and not like TS2. Did not like TS3 'apartments' at all. If they will be like S2, they will be fine to me.

Yeah exactly, I fear for that too. If it really ends up like that once again, it just shows they aren't listening, or this engine really is not capable of doing the stuff we want from a Sims game. It's really sad and laughable at the same time.

I am giving them this EP as the last chance.
    They already ruined "Open for Business" experience with an awful retail system. or shall I say lack of system.
    If apartments are ruined too then I am out.

I don't care for any other features in this EP. Apartments alone is what will make me decide.
    They have no excuse of treating this like how TS3 was. TS3 was an open world. This game is a closed one and if they cannot do it as in TS2 then they are better with shutting down the whole production.

This is the only EP we are getting this year, I just won't accept it to be shallow or underwhelming.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @halimali1980 I am so hoping that apartments will be their main feature and done in-depth (and then obviously the rest would be smaller features like basketballs). AL only had apartments and witches (which were alright, but not great), but it's enough for most people to love the pack! I saw the pics and I hope that's how a penthouse would be, or that you can divide that into different apartments etc. I really hope they make Sims 2 apartments. Sims 3 ones were terrible and annoying!
  • Options
    @halimali1980 I am so hoping that apartments will be their main feature and done in-depth (and then obviously the rest would be smaller features like basketballs). AL only had apartments and witches (which were alright, but not great), but it's enough for most people to love the pack! I saw the pics and I hope that's how a penthouse would be, or that you can divide that into different apartments etc. I really hope they make Sims 2 apartments. Sims 3 ones were terrible and annoying!

That is what I hope too, but going with past experience and how Sims 4 depends more on illusions makes me more pessimistic and think that instead of building proper apartments they would go for one lot over a tall building to create that illusion of a sim living in an apartment.

Once we get all the info I will decide what need to be done. Apartments is one feature every simmer loves. if it is not done the way it should be then there is no hope that this game will go anywhere with the other essentials IF they will release them be it pets, seasons etc etc
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

That is what I hope too, but going with past experience and how Sims 4 depends more on illusions makes me more pessimistic and think that instead of building proper apartments they would go for one lot over a tall building to create that illusion of a sim living in an apartment.

Once we get all the info I will decide what need to be done. Apartments is one feature every simmer loves. if it is not done the way it should be then there is no hope that this game will go anywhere with the other essentials IF they will release them be it pets, seasons etc etc

I would be very mad if all we got was fake apartments. This game needs real apartments more than any other previous sims game. Neighborhoods are so small and claustrophobic, and there is so little room for new households (particularly if you want to have lots of community venues) that real TS2-styled apartments would be a life saver.

I'm not against using shells to create the illusion of high rises but I really hope we can move in more than one household per apartment (like on TS2).
  • Options
    QDog wrote: »

I would be very mad if all we got was fake apartments. This game needs real apartments more than any other previous sims game. Neighborhoods are so small and claustrophobic, and there is so little room for new households (particularly if you want to have lots of community venues) that real TS2-styled apartments would be a life saver.

I'm not against using shells to create the illusion of high rises but I really hope we can move in more than one household per apartment (like on TS2).

If those shells can accommodate 4 households I would be happy too. However, some other issues might arise and that is camera or the inability to focus on a building that large which might lead them to allow only one lot on those shells.

They could go with a different design where that "fake part" of the shell made as a part of build mode. Ready made blocks that could be placed on flat surfaces. This way the player would have more range in building apartments.

Different designs could be made like:
    Block, lot, lot, block, lot
    lot, block, lot, block, lot, block, lot etc
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

If the EP happens to only have this amount of stuff, I am definitely not buying. This EP has been in the works for about an year, if they don't have proper apartments and their biggest feature is festivals, it's going to be a huge pile of garbage for the price of 40 euros.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    How about you actually wait till more info/ trailer comes out? At this rate a lot of you are just making a bunch of negative assumptions that have no basis

I said it before and will say it again...THERE IS A REASON THIS IS IN SPECULATION/RUMOR SECTION...BECAUSE NOT EVERYTHING IS OFFICIAL. I swear, what goes on in your mind when you type.

Can you not be so rude with other people. That last statement needed some thinking over since it's just so uncalled for and way too direct.
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Minor things like objects can be a feature of an expansion pack... if there is a lot of them.

Apartment Life is basically only apartments and the worst witches in the franchise and it still was a good expansion pack due to having a lot of gameplay objects and new minor things like improvements to build mode and new interactions.

I'm worried though because the rumors are talking about penthouses but we haven't see anything about actual apartments yet, if there's not multiple families in a single lot I swear to god I'll uninstall The Sims 4 and never ever play anything from EA again.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Grynn wrote: »
    Minor things like objects can be a feature of an expansion pack... if there is a lot of them.

Apartment Life is basically only apartments and the worst witches in the franchise and it still was a good expansion pack due to having a lot of gameplay objects and new minor things like improvements to build mode and new interactions.

I'm worried though because the rumors are talking about penthouses but we haven't see anything about actual apartments yet, if there's not multiple families in a single lot I swear to god I'll uninstall The Sims 4 and never ever play anything from EA again.
    Then bye bye then if thats all you care about. The game isn't what you wanted. Sorry but what is about TS4 that makes everyone want to bail on it when its only been 2 years? Apartments isn't the concept of the game. Its just a add in to the game and thats if we get that.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Apartment Life has apartments, witches, reputation system, roomate system and social groups.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    I am a basketball player and I find this offensive...

Cool story
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    How about you actually wait till more info/ trailer comes out? At this rate a lot of you are just making a bunch of negative assumptions that have no basis

I said it before and will say it again...THERE IS A REASON THIS IS IN SPECULATION/RUMOR SECTION...BECAUSE NOT EVERYTHING IS OFFICIAL. I swear, what goes on in your mind when you type.

Can you not be so rude with other people. That last statement needed some thinking over since it's just so uncalled for and way too direct.

I would not be "rude" if the guy read what I typed the other 3 times but NOPE.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

It may be in the speculation and rumor section, but people are freaking out and acting as if everything has been confirmed as true, and are reading way too much into things before they even know the facts. So far, we know nothing but rumors. People need to calm down. Nothing has been 100% confirmed or announced yet. That's why these threads are in this section. They are acting as if it were confirmed that a "basketball" is a "main feature" of this rumored EP, when really they know nothing yet.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I think it'd be quite odd for them to add just basketball. What about soccer, baseball, tennis, football and the like? At least, those are the main ones I think. They could make an entire GP focused on sports, so why introduce just one in an EP? They know what we want.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    Perhaps it'll become a trend to add a sport to EPs. I doubt basketball will be the only sport we will see in TS4 lifespan... or at least I hope!
    I don't think they have ever really hit the target with sports in any previous iteration though -- I guess they were a bit closer with soccer in TS3 since there were some 'stats' in terms of wins and losses but overall it was just shoot outs. Maybe this time they will develop them to be really deep with actual matches! I'd be super impressed.
    I guess it's a lot of animation to have to animate 2 whole teams without making the match repetitive every single time.
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member

Then bye bye then if thats all you care about. The game isn't what you wanted. Sorry but what is about TS4 that makes everyone want to bail on it when its only been 2 years? Apartments isn't the concept of the game. Its just a add in to the game and thats if we get that.

I would definitely quit because after so many people asked for apartments (aside from a Generations-like pack, Apartments were one of the most asked for expansion packs) including penthouses but not apartments would just confirm how out of touch the dev team is.

Thankfully rumors are saying we'll got both penthouses AND apartments now, so now I can hype this new expansion pack without fear, I'm very happy for it actually, I think it'll be great and it has a lot of content.

Also you must not get how much apartments mean in The Sims 4, apartments aren't just apartments, they are also kinda of like a small-scale open-world (which makes it totally understandable why they took so long developing it)
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    From what we have seen so far, this pack looks just like GT. Gameplay objects as main features, small features listed as big like festivals and then apartments which from what we have seen so far are just lots on top of fx.

I seriously hope there's more to this because if they spent an year to work on this then I'm sorry but someone needs to be fired ASAP.
    I agree, it sounds like get together with the festivals, basketball and such. I hope the new world is larger than others and looks like an actual city cause i'm done with the small limited towns of sims 4. I didn't even play in anywhere other than Winderburg since GT came out.

Well i'm expecting a lot from this expansion, if it takes them this long to come up with it it should be amazing. But hey it's ea so..
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I think it's great that this pack can be about other aspects than nightlife. Apartments alone can make a whole pack, see sims2 AL

I totally agree. Apartments alone is a big feature IF, and I mean IF they made them properly

Honestly looking at this new leaked image has shattered all my dreams for this EP.
    The apartments look like TS3. A fake building where you can build the apartment above it. This is the same awful TS3 system!!

The one (shell) on the left is supposed to house the penthouses, and then we'll have actual apartment lots according to the leaks.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Attention Simmers everything seen here is fake or just a rumor until proven or announced on the sims 4 site by EA themselves.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    only things that are fakes: stir-fry is coming (there's chicken one in the game) and a Night Owl trait (already in the game). Most of the rest is real and EA can't confirm it yet.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

The one (shell) on the left is supposed to house the penthouses, and then we'll have actual apartment lots according to the leaks.

Yea I wrote this before the other leak coming out. I hope it is true
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The SimGurus have said nothing about basketball being a "key feature" -- it was just mentioned in a leak, probably because a lot of players have been asking for basketball to make a return since the Arrival trailer showed the basketball player falling from the sky:

https://youtu.be/WLmN1D1P2RI

Let's wait until there's some official word about what's in the pack before jumping to conclusions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BASKETBALL??? SERIOUSLY???? This is Get Together all over again. Pro-tip: EA/Maxis you simply don't put a gameplay object as a main feature in a $40 PACK! That makes it sound/seem as a small one. Should've learned from the "Closet". Anyways, I won't hate on City Life that much and will give it a chance. It is just this irritated me xD I really hope this pack isn't a small barebone one :sweat:

P.S: I know some of you might be thinking that a basket-ball court is a BIG FEATURE and not something small but knowing EA, it won't be a little mini basketball court but more like a little hoop where you throw the ball. Just like The Sims 2 Freetime and the football field in The Sims 3 Seasons thus it shouldn't count as a big feature. UNLESS we get a legit match, which I HIGHLY DOUBT.

The basketball hoop in the Sims 3 store had a feature where you could have slam dunk contests against other Sims -- I could see those returning with some spectacular fails if your Fitness skill isn't high enough (like if you try tricks on the water slide with low Fitness skill). And it's likely that they kept the group features of Get Together in mind so there could be unique interactions if you have that pack installed. For me, it is a big feature (though not a "key" feature) because I'm always looking for ways for my active Sims to build up Fitness skill other than just the workout equipment, and it will provide another activity for my Bro Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top