Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Couldn't we have a thread about happy and satisfied players like myself? I love how the game is processing, and I love all the free stuff and updates we have.

If you go into general discussion there is a thread titled "happy play thread". You don't even need to create one there's one that's been around that you can definitely go join. No reason to ask about that in a tread that's intended for players who don't feel that way.
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    I didn't receive a message or anything but I think my name was removed from the list. I'd like to keep my name on the list for the previous reason I stated - lack of depth across the board. Shallow sims, shallow relationships, and overall shallow game play. Add traits, life stages, idk. Anything other than "stuff" that contributes nothing to the game other than useless items.

Also as a side note, not sure what all the drama is about but it's a thread on a forum not a legally binding contract. People acting like they're going to be sued or thrown in jail for signing and then deciding to buy a new ep, really?
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2016
    I renew my sign. The sims 4 is for me unplayable. Too many things are missing, and what is there stink of lazyness and negletc (point at the sims 1 babyes and unrecognizable teens). The way I like to play the sims that started with 2 is not there: family play is a joke, is not well thought nor well done. The lack of toddlers is for me unforgivable. Sorry, but as much as I loved at the time the sims 1, I can't return to play that way. Not after playng the sims 2 and 3.

The lack of open world is hard to swallow, but I could for some very good stuff, like active career and no bolt holes. But instead there aren't even cemetery, and the career are few and oversimplyfied. Plus, the vanishing in the air that is even worse than in the sims 2. And no cars.

No CASt. nor even a colour wheel. And the hairstyles have the colour attached to the precise hairstyle. I can't have certain hair colour because are locked to only one style or the other. Is been over a decade that I don't see such an archaic system. By the time of the sims 2. Not even mobile game work this way!!!!

No terrain tools. No CASt or colour wheel for fornitures. Is always a no this and no that. But here, there is a trans option, s/s pregnacies and...drink water. :| Hurrà... :|:|:| Maybe, if the game had something interesting for me I would even enjoy those patch. As it is now, it just make me go "and the important stuff?"

Sorry. Not supporting this thing that EA want to call the sims 4. When I have my cars, toddlers, decent teens and a colour wheel, I can (maybe) think of buyng something. Not until than.
    Post edited by WillowG145 on
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    altg1229 wrote: »
    I didn't receive a message or anything but I think my name was removed from the list. I'd like to keep my name on the list for the previous reason I stated - lack of depth across the board. Shallow sims, shallow relationships, and overall shallow game play. Add traits, life stages, idk. Anything other than "stuff" that contributes nothing to the game other than useless items.

Also as a side note, not sure what all the drama is about but it's a thread on a forum not a legally binding contract. People acting like they're going to be sued or thrown in jail for signing and then deciding to buy a new ep, really?

No it's not about "being thrown in jail" or being a legally binding contract. However asking people to sign one type of thread and then editing the original post and switching to another type of thread is a misrepresentation. I asked my name to be removed at the point that the thread started to dissolve into arguments, which have now been deleted. I was also a little ticked that the original post was changed but I didn't mention that when asking to be removed.

I still disapprove of the way this game has gone and I'll still continue to express my disappointment. But I'll also say that as long as you have the players who think this game is broken and still continue to buy content or the players who just buy everything that's put out just because it says The Sims the company isn't going to realize just how disappointed players are.

Players who are enjoying the game and continue to add to their game are a different story but I'm afraid you have too many of the two types mentioned above.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Go ahead and keep my name on the list, OP. My feelings haven't changed, whether this be an expression of dissatisfaction or something more.
  • Options
    Jul97Jul97 Posts: 8 New Member
    I'd like to stay on the list! :-) reason: this game lacks soul and "simsness". In other words rushed and half baked.
  • Options
    beautician1986beautician1986 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am deeply disappointed with this series. At first the lack of seamless neighborhoods that bothered me, knowing full well that my wish for better game play would eventually come in the form of EP and SPs. It's been two years though, and I would take loading screens for toddlers. I am tired of the party theme this franchise has bestowed on me! I want to raise a family, and build impressive lots. I want more creative freedom and LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENTS! For Christ's sake I am exhausted of the few choices I have, and it's to the point that I'd rather not play anymore. I've been a regular customer sims the first edition of the sims, but I highly doubt I will be returning if EA puts out a fifth edition. The lack of customer service when a community so clearly states the same problems, says something about your business practices.
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Sign me up as well please.
  • Options
    ohthedramaohthedrama Posts: 181 Member
    So, "The BoogeyMan" deleted my message where I mentioned that certain people have habits of deleting petitions on the forum. I don't care to repost the whole message, but do note that my post was removed for trying to give you a friendly warning which I find hilarious. Keep my name on the list please.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Resigning! I will NOT support this thing. You can keep my name on the list. I am not waiting for fixes for it, I am just DONE!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Resigning! I will NOT support this thing. You can keep my name on the list. I am not waiting for fixes for it, I am just DONE!

love the siggy!
  • Options
    z0mg_z0mbiez0mg_z0mbie Posts: 84 Member
    you can add me. I only had this game about a month now and I am highly disappointed with it. i just don't like how simplified our sims are now. I also I don't like how small our worlds are. nothing makes sense in my sims world. like why do I have kids walking around at midnight? why does my sim have so many lovers when I switch to another family for awhile? I have no control over anything! I bought the get to working expansion a week after getting the base game and oh man the quests are so buggy for the policeman job. Doctor job is too silly. Why don't patients sit down to wait like the commercial? Why no stretchers for patients that collapse? Commercial made it look so much better. Scammers.

I made a post on my birthday week asking why feedback is so angry. Many replies were rude and I was scared to post anymore lol! but now I know they speak truth! Sign me up.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    Keep me on the list please. I have not bought anything since the base game and will not buy anything further, for all the reasons I previously stated. I can't believe how Maxis managed to run this franchise into the ground. Such a waste.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    You can keep my name on the list as I do not support this game in any way, shape or form and I doubt it will ever be a game that I can enjoy. Like @MrHawk says, this series has just been run into the ground, and it's like the developers just keep grinding it under their bootheel to add insult to injury.

That said, I believe it's pretty bad form to alter the wording and reasoning of an OP, when people have already signed something in good faith.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Please keep me on the list as well! I haven't purchased anything since GTW and that was deeply discounted. I don't enjoy this game at all and see no reason to keep throwing money at it. The devs have been more than clear about the fact that they are perfectly happy with the way things are. That tells me all I need to know.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    And post of the week goes to @kremesch73

Well said!
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Amazing post, @kremesch73!
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    @kremesch73 You're so right when you say they are more focused on paid content than the game itself. We haven't really seen any real effort by them in 2 years to improve the base game. The little features they put back in, such as lockable doors, feels like an afterthought at best. I don't feel like they truly want to make the game better, only they want it to sell more. Do they not realize that a good game can sell itself?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Just look at something like Minecraft.. they never had to piece meal content and charge for it just so it would sell. (well.. maybe they did a little bit on the console ;)) That game sold itself because it gave players complete freedom to shape and form their own gaming experience and they weren't hindered by poor design. And that's the opportunity Maxis/EA has squandered here - Imagine they could have given us better freedom than before? Live Mode, Buy Mode, Build Mode, and TOWN BUILD MODE, or something great like that, to give more tools to the player to use. Instead we got a modular mobile app game for our PC that pretends to be the simulation it could have been :) And has even less tools to be creative than the previous game. And they couldn't have chosen a worse time to limit players, as game with more tools and options is really popular right now and those games sell themselves (if done well, and have good reputation for it). They have targeted the wrong audience, and on the wrong platform, I would say.

Oh but they gave us gender options in a patch. Wow how creative we can be now! I can pee sitting down .. -.-

Now instead of having themselves a great game thats known to have a lot of options for creativity and freedom, they need to release stuff packs and generate hype with teasers and trailers, because otherwise nobody cares or is paying attention..
    Post edited by coldplay2233 on
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    I want to keep signed up on this and kremesch73 that is an amazing post.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm sorry I if I come off as harsh, I enjoy The Sims 4 but I can't shake the feeling it isn't all what it could be and I'm not sure if that is because of poor decisions, or maybe just a bad gaming market where something I want just isn't possible.. I definitely cannot excuse the claustrophobic map in my mind.. how can this be an actual successor? A side game, sure. I can accept that. But we've had 3d neighborhood and customization tools since at least The Sims 2. At least the river was animated in The Sims 1! I wonder what really happened with Olympus. Did they have not enough budget to start over? Not enough time? We'll probably never know. I just hope the developers can make the best of the situation, I guess, and better luck with Sims 5.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I am thinking starting a new thread to start over may have been a good idea, given the controversy that arose. It may cause confusion and/or reluctance for potential new signees.

Having said that, you can definitely keep me on the list.

It has also come to my attention that I never gave a reason for my signing.

I am uncertain how to state my disatisfaction and feel I can only do so by explaining myself from the beginning, which is why I've been reluctant to state my reasons from the get-go.

Warning: Long-winded post to follow:

I played the Original The Sims, and I loved it due to it being something entirely new. It was a game that allowed me to play with life in a way I never imagined. It taught me to face and meet challenges that made the overall experience rewarding. Every EP introduced something entirely new and I installed every EP with great anticipation.

When 2 came out, I felt like everything I loved about The Sims had been greatly fleshed out. A satisfying range of life stages was added, and Sims could create and leave behind their legacies, generation after generation. On the first day, I was able to use SimCity 4 to create my own worlds so I could play in my own creation. This was an added bonus. BodyShop also installed with the base game, allowing me to create my own re-colours and express my creativity to further aid me in creating my own vision of the game (story) I wanted to play out. The first day I played, the most exciting moment for me was when my sim received a phone call and they spoke on the phone until their social was full. It was a small thing, but it was a step in the right direction. S4 even removed that.

For the first time, I was able to place lots, move lots, and remove lots. I was able to use terrain tools to create a basement and add windows to it with the foundation tool. The basic staples of the carppol still existed. Wants and fears existed, aspirations were a new concept, and it added more personality to my sims. Overall, both 1 and 2 had a certain charm to them that I can't really put into words. The added bonus to both games was that I could rotate and play all of my sims without the fear of losing any progress I made. The game never tampered with my creations.

All I can really say is they felt like a simulation game. Both good and bad things happened. The consequences and fears of the daily dangers my sims could possibly face added an extra sense of excitement to the game and it allowed me to play in an alternate universe. I could add characters from my stories, my favourite games, shows, movies, etc, and I could give them life in this strange made-up world.

When 3 came out, I was disappointed. At the time, story progression was aggressive and couldn't be properly turned off. It took almost half a year until I was able to create a world. I still bought WA and enjoyed the questing side of it though. But my enjoyment of WA was more or less due to those quests being a side-quest rather than the main focus of the game. That was satisfactory to me, but I couldn't successfuly rotate through my sims and I ran into major issues with China's poor design that resulted in lag. I also ran into issues when my sims returned home from vacation and I wound up with strange dopplegangers and invisible sims, rendering my save practically useless. I've since then learned it was an easy fix to avoid those issues. No mods required.

It was then that I decided I would never play a poorly designed game again. I would not play a game that forced me to use mods to play it the way I had grown accustomed to, and I would not play a game that focused more on paid content than the game itself.

I went through enough of that near the end of 2. The negligence started near the end there and only became worse. I did not want a repeat. That was how I felt at the time.

So, where does that put me with 4?

I'll tell you. I put in over 1,000 hours on the PC, and when it came out for Mac, I switched and put in over another 1,000 hours. I paid full price for the Deluxe version of the base game under the surmise that it was a triple-A game. I bought all the SP's, GPs, and EPs up to GT. I believe I have developed enough info to know exactly how I feel about this game.
    • I was put off at first with the town map, but I decided to give it a chance anyway. I am still put off by it
    • I was surprised when my first baby turned into a child. I am still put off by it.
    • I was, and still am, put off that babies are nothing but objects.
    • I was, and still am, disappointed by the way foundations affect all buildings on a lot.
    • I was, and still am, disappointed with the limited size of the world(s).
    • I was surprised when I discovered the incredible limitations involving recolouring an object. I am still put off by it.

I led myself to believe much of the things I desired would eventually be integrated. It's been 2 years. I don't believe this anymore.

Why did I buy it?
    • I purchased 4 because I was told they decided to focus more on the sims themselves.
    • I was told I could play my way.
    • I was led to believe this game had potential.
    • I was told they were going back to their roots.
    • I was led to believe everything that was missing would eventually be added and/or improved.
    • I was led to believe rotational play was once again possible.
    • I was led to believe they would take care to offer a more stable game and more responsible development.

Why do I feel it's beyond redemption now?
    To put it bluntly, I played it and saw for myself that everything I believed was not true.

Why have I decided I will no longer invest in this game?
    1. We are a few GPs, 2 EPs, and several SPs in. Nothing has changed regarding core game play.
    2. introducing oversized objects does not compensate for everything that is missing, and they are completely useless to me in a game I felt should have been a simulation.
    3. The venues are locked to behave as a micro-world, disallowing any freedom of creativity or opennes. All lots are treated this way. It is by design. This leaves me with little faith that anything of any real value regarding gameplay can be added. A lot can not be treated as a dual-purpose lot, leaving us with the inablity to have a retail/home lot, for example.
    4. The neighbourhoods are too small and only 2 have been added in two years, offering a small smidgen of extra space for all those sims in rotation I'd like to play. This would have been easily remedied if it were possible to offer us a way to create our own, but I feel this will not happen, and I feel it is by design.
    5. They release venue after venue in an attempt to offer new gameplay, adding to the clastrophic sense of the micro-hoods that are already too small.
    6. They offered party invites in a patch that do not work properly. They have neither been modified nor fixed since they were introduced. I do not want them if they have no intention to fix them.
    7. All GTW offered was more tasks and goals, a feature I already dislike immensely; most of which is broken.
    8. All GT offered was groups, and that became old real fast. It got to a point where it became annoying rather than revolutional.
    9. OR offered bug collection, but it can only be done in OR because they can not add new functionality to existing neighbourhoods and I began to believe this is true for everything they add unless the functionality is tied to a venue (by design).
    10. Almost every second month, they broke something in the game that broke my immersion, leaving me unable to play due to me having to put my game on hold until it was fixed—Live Service, my foot.
    11. Nearly everything they have introduced is either broken or it doesn't work properly, and I am left with little faith that it will ever be addressed.
    12. Culling and random romances have made the game feel unnatural and like a joke to me.
    13. Sneaking in relationship culling in a patch left me scrambling to repair relationships and wondering why my sims kept having to re-introduce themselves. Sorry, but this is not a great experience. Nor does it make me feel like they're trying to deliver a great game.
    14. They introduce features. Then they remove them, expressing a total lack of respect regarding the players.
    15. They introduce features that introduce limitations, like the TV scrambling effect that forces me to play at a speed that feels unnatural to me.
    16. They completely ignore those who play rotationally, by treating our sims as invaluable objects whose sole purpose is to make the neighbourhood feel alive. I can only watch the same sims do pushups in front of my active sims home all day until it totally does not feel alive. To top it off, they are gaining skills I do not want them to gain when I'm not playing them, completely breaking all the effort I put into moulding their personailies into something tangeably relatable to who I created them to be.
    17. They completely ignore the toddler fans and continuously promise that they are looking into things I feel they are not looking into.
    18. The bogus surrounding emotional buffs make all my sims behave the same, and while I'm at it, what's the point of making an evil or mean sim? They only smile and express friendly interactions the moment I turn my back on them.

In short, this game feels like a sham to me. It is a glossy coating of paint that is designed to hide a highy flawed base. It is not a simulation of any kind. Everything is too happy, too clean, and too big—bigger than life, I guess.

The only consequences I run into are those introduced by the monthly patches that add more frustration than anything else to my play style.

I admit the last few SPs had some interesting objects that really looked great, but then I had to remind myself exactly how I felt about the game overall, and that temptation was easily overridden. Those objects will not fix nor change a single thing that is wrong with this game. I can only imagine how many times I would use the restaurants—maybe once or twice before I remembered just how disatisfied I am with the overall game simply by trying to play it without getting frustrated by the developer's negligence regarding everything else this game is missing; never mind the things that need fixing.

Like I said, I haven't played this game in months and I have no intention to play it again. When I am told there is a mod or that I can just use the flaws in my stories as a way to work around the underlying issues, I am left scratching my head and biting my tongue.

Well, plum, if I have to jump through hoops for an unfished game that doesn't cater to me at all from the get-go due to the possibility that it may have potential, I am led to believe that I might as well jump through those hoops and play S3, which feels like far less effort and is actually enjoyable, imo.

It is a shame that this franchise has no competition to keep it alive. I am tired of playing S2 and would have loved to move on, but I can't in good conscience call this game a sims game. It has no simulation elements at all and I get better satisfaction from Animal Crossing than I do from Sims 4.

What this game needs to bring back is CAW, either a sytem like S2 or CASt for recolouring, terrain tools, all lifestages, more realistic objects that aren't restricted to the modular nature introduced with S4. It needs to offer freedom and individuality to express myself like the previous games. The open world has grown on me and as much as I disliked it at first, I feel it is far superior to this venue/lot driven world they've created in its stead. Full lifestages need to return and emotions need to take a flipping hike. Multitasking has left me scratching my head as to why it's what drives this game yet sims can't socialize while fishing? Sounds fishy to me, mind the pun. All I see and hear is lies, half-truths, and poor behaviour by the representatives. This all needs to change.

Now you know why I've held back from stating my opinion. No matter how I put it, it makes me sound angry.

*end of rant*

Had to quote this. Amazing said! Amazing.

--T
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @kremesch73 Wow....awesome post. I think every dev, producer, guru and grunt in Maxis/EA needs to read this one. It should be posted on the company BB as mandatory reading.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    And post of the week goes to @kremesch73

Well said!

I am picking my jaw up off my desk. This is Post of the Month, possibly Post of the Year. Everything is so well-stated, clearly and calmly.