Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2016
    @friendlysimmers: This thread doesn't apply to you because you're enjoying the game and I would shut the game off way before I hit the 11666 gametime hour. I've spent money on packs but the game is still repetitive.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Wacky walking styles
    Wait! Are you telling me this isn't the Ministry of Silly Walks?

silywalk.gif

Must be in the wrong office.
    *Duck-walks out*
    First thing I thought when I saw the walk styles in the Sims 4 was Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks actually. XD I was like....oh no...it is Monty Python. Shame no fish slapping.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    arthemissimarthemissim Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm pretty much disappointed with the same things that everyone else is.
    1. I don't like how they reverted babies back to Sims 1 style where they are attached to the bassinet. I enjoyed being able to have the parents carry the baby around the house and rock them in the rocking chairs
    2. No toddlers, obviously. I thought they were going to add more life stages such as preschool aged children, or preteens and have them go through puberty.
    3. I wish I were able to edit the neighbourhood. Like placing empty lots where I want and removing lots, and placing trees and stuff around the entire neighbourhood.
    4. There are no landscaping tools! I can't make hills or ponds or anything!
    5. No graveyards kinda plum too.
    6. The teenagers look exactly like adults, the only difference is they do homework and can't woohoo (without a mod)
    7. The creators of the Sims franchise keep releasing these silly updates that are repeated disappointments to the fans and not what people are looking for at all. People want the toddlers back, and pets and so on, but so far, we're two years into the Sims 4 and have 2 expansion packs, and only one of them is even sort of worth buying.
    8. I can't even have my sims relax on their own bed.
    9. One plate is left on the coffee table and my sims are 'very uncomfortable' for the rest of the day, I can't make them do anything when they're uncomfortable
    10. The game still offers me emotion lessons in the top right corner, even though I've been playing for 2 years.
    11. A bunch of useless stuff packs are being released for no reason, a simple update can add a few more items to the game, but the stuff packs make you pay 10 bucks for 10 items.
    12. No split staircases!! This is a huge pet peeve, because I often like to try to build houses I've been in before, and no house I've been in ever has had a straight staircase like the ones in the game. In the Sims 2 and 3 with the landscaping tool, I could work it in such a way that I could sort of forge a split staircase, but the creators took that away too.
    13. Also, I personally think it takes way too much time and work to reach the top of a career. I send my sims to work everyday and make them work hard, regardless. I have them complete all their daily tasks the second they get home, and no sooner do they finally reach the top of a career, than they die of old age.
    14. My biggest frustration is that it seems as though everyone has been asking for new additions to the game like toddlers for example, but it just feels as though it is not getting heard by the creators. In order to make money, they need to have good business, and in order to have good business, the customers need to be satisfied. I've read about a lot or people going back to the Sims 2 and 3 due to disappointment with the 4th installment of the franchise. I just hope the Sims creators start listening to the requests of their customers, and make the game more enjoyable for everyone!

Signed.

• Options
    burntoutbroburntoutbro Posts: 6 New Member
    signed. I want a world that doesn't feel dead after a generation.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited July 2016
    Post removed as the original post I responded to was deleted.
    Post edited by MrHawk on
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2016
    They need to add toddlers and free babies ,add preteens .Open the world. So I all in sigh me up ps. I have all sims 4 games . The big thing for me is toddlers and free the babies
  • Options
    SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    Sign me up. S4 has me disillusioned about the future of this franchise including that S4 is the end of the road for it.

Firstly I would like to say that I love S4 CAS, if somebody could transfer it to S3 I'd be ecstatic. I also like the graphics of the game. But I need more than a great CAS & nice graphics.

What has finally turned me off S4 completely is this. I am a rotational house player. I spend time building relationships up in a house, do whatever objectives I want for that house at that time, get bored move to the next house. I've played this way from the beginning, I've tried. I'm not a legacy player. In previous games this has worked well (except if you really did have two Sim that just couldn't get along without my interference) In S4 you move house, the relationship plummets. It doesn't matter how friendly or social you make the Sim they can't hold their relationships steady. I have seen people more recently complaining about this but I've had this problem since I started playing S4 mid last year, it is now so bad I can't play this game anymore. I can't play a house, leave, come back in a couple of Sim days & find the relationship gone. There are other issues but this is the one that has broken the game for me. For a game that seems to rely heavily on the social aspect it is failing badly.

The other issues are:
    S4 online & current: I don't know how EA thought an online Sims game would work, there has been no successful online Sims game to date. They then make a complete mess of what they did & repack it and give us this. I seem to remember reading that funds that were originally for S4 production was given to another popular games production budget. So no real attempt was made to turn this into a good game. The base game is lacking & nothing they give us will help & sadly to me it has held true. All this to me was already a bad sign but I've played from S1 & I wanted to give this a try. I really wanted Pets but now I'm just dreading how they will go about doing them. Even Get To Work which I feel is the best of the lot has issues that keeps it from being a 100 % enjoyable.
    Loading screens. I still like to play S2 so loading screens (& closed worlds) shouldn't be a big gripe but when there is a chance the game is going to crash & you know behind that loading screen is nothing for you & your Sims to really do it is. Plus I remember EA saying that the loading screens won't be that frequent. But I find even visiting your next door neighbour activates one.
    Babies & that missing life stage: I dislike the objects that babies have been turned into. I do like there is more options for your Sim to interact with its offspring but having it been treated like this put me off S4 babies. I'd rather have my Sims leaving their kids at some community lot than this. & of course the 6 months to 6 years jump. I have a love hate relationship with toddlers, but I'd rather have them than not. I feel it disrupts the parenting flow that the Sims should experience with their offspring. I also don't like sending Sims in labor to the hospital, the way the babies are delivered in this game, creeps me out.
    Height issue: S4 should have seen Sims with at least three basic height options. Short, average & tall except we have teens + all the same height. This is the height of programming laziness.
    No CAST not enough colour options. From clothing to genetics, EA did not give enough colours. For starters there is one reddish brown hair colour, EA there is more than one shade of brown & I don't want the one you gave.
    No privacy & I dislike how events are handled: My Sim goes on a date, next thing I know 6 Sims have joined my Sim & his/her date. I hate it. I also dislike how dates & parties are immediate when accepted. I had a bad experience the first time I tried a date in S4. I needed to at least shower my Sim & feed him. When in the shower he is asked for a date, I accept thinking he would at least be able to finish the shower. Nope loading screen, smelly, hungry unhappy Sim who starting to get tired. The barman keeps resetting or disappearing so they can't get food, there is a crowd, I can't socialize with his date because somebody is always interrupting & of course being smelly is working well for him. I've had enough, my Sim has had enough, I end the date early, relationship that I spent time build destroyed, quit without saving. To top it all off if I accept an invite to a party or a lot, the Sim leaves after 5 minutes.
    Personalities don't give any variety my Sims are all the same no matter if I give them the evil or good trait.
    The emotions seem meaningless.
    Cellphone don't always work or I have to call services multiple times. Also fire but no fire service?
    Am I the only one that has noticed that food blender isn't there? & I'd like smaller object options like a normal telescope.

Sorry about the rant this turned out longer than what I was expecting.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    May I suggest now that the real reason for derailing the thread has been given-that someone disagrees with it and wants it shut that people just stop responding to that sort of post altogether. It's very difficult to have an argument with people who don't respond.
    Then those of us who have spent our time writing our reasons in this thread don't get all the hard work flushed by someone causing trouble in order to get rid of our voices.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    May I suggest now that the real reason for derailing the thread has been given-that someone disagrees with it and wants it shut that people just stop responding to that sort of post altogether. It's very difficult to have an argument with people who don't respond.
    Then those of us who have spent our time writing our reasons in this thread don't get all the hard work flushed by someone causing trouble in order to get rid of our voices.
    ^ I agree. Thanks for the reminder. However~
    Perhaps you should post this on friendlysimmers' wall because this is like the 200th this simmer has done this. I think the rest of us here understand the rules. Not like we all go in the Happy Happy Joy Joy Play Thread or w/e and mention how dumb the game is.
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    ^^^Drowning in Koolaid

@MrHawk - You might want to edit your post as the post you were referencing has been removed by SimGuruDrake :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Dropping in here to remind everyone to stay on the topic that the OP has started.

As this is a place for those who are not enjoying The Sims 4 to explain why they dislike it please respect them and their opinions. If you are enjoying The Sims 4 that's great! But don't travel into a thread with those who are discontent to start arguments about why you think they are wrong, it is how they feel and you should respect that.

Thanks!

Thank you SimGuruDrake:)))))))))))))))))))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Thank you SimGuruDrake.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    MrHawk wrote: »
    ^^^Drowning in Koolaid

@MrHawk - You might want to edit your post as the post you were referencing has been removed by SimGuruDrake :)

Thanks. Done.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Latest update:
    1. abbyshire
    2. Aeroprincess87
    3. aka_moi
    4. AlbaWaterhouse
    5. alexandrea
    6. alto1229
    7. Alyssia29
    8. amyvity
    9. andersson01
    10. Anmiria
    11. arthemissim
    12. ArubianaCaliente
    13. azxcbnm321
    14. Baenre
    15. Bagoas77
    16. bekkasan
    17. BethanyXX
    18. BimieSim
    19. Bluebeard45
    20. BlueBlack07
    21. BluePearl94
    22. blueturleotter
    23. burntoutbro
    24. Cabelle1863
    25. cactusjuice
    26. CACTUSROSE1
    27. catutude5
    28. ChadSims2
    29. CharityHope
    30. Cinebar
    31. CK213
    32. clover24
    33. DaniqaSimmer
    34. despina53
    35. domina89
    36. drake_mccarty
    37. DyingLight
    38. elanorbreton
    39. Elissarr
    40. emperorq52
    41. emplaythesims
    42. Evallyn
    43. Evil_One
    44. fairymama47
    45. feetinstockings
    46. friendlyone20
    47. gayars
    48. gc6164
    49. geekchic96
    50. Gillie
    51. Glic2003
    52. glorifica
    53. gmomasue
    54. Goldmoldar
    55. Grandjury
    56. GrijzePillion
    57. Hagfisher
    58. Haiden
    59. HappySimmer3
    60. Horrorgirl6
    61. Ianamus
    62. icmnfrsh
    63. IcyJ
    64. iriefthi
    65. JACKIEJOY
    66. jbestxoxo
    67. jcp011c2
    68. jellysimwich
    69. jheyjuneice
    70. JoAnne65
    71. Jul97
    72. JULES1111
    73. Julianajujuba
    74. keekee53
    75. kphillips2977
    76. kremesch73
    77. kwc1994x
    78. ladybreid
    79. Lazerus_B4R
    80. lfreshyeh
    81. lxsrenick
    82. MadameButterfly
    83. Maddanna
    84. Meeoun
    85. Mikado_chan
    86. Mizz_Creative48
    87. mortia
    88. Movotti
    89. Moxitop
    90. MrHawk
    91. MysticOne
    92. NatKingSim
    93. nickabitsward
    94. Nina333
    95. ohthedrama
    96. OLDGREEK
    97. Pary
    98. Phantomflex
    99. PHEOBESMOM601
    100. Polyrythm
    101. Purplrpiper767
    102. ravamaile
    103. rbridges430
    104. sajahi
    105. Sandun
    106. sawdust
    107. scrab22
    108. shellbeme
    109. Sigzy05
    110. Simanite
    111. simirrevirre
    112. Simmer_Ray
    113. Sk8rblaze
    114. sparkfairy1
    115. Stdlr9
    116. Summerskydreamer
    117. SunsetSimsPrime
    118. taigoesrawr
    119. teaa5
    120. Terra
    121. terraer
    122. The-2-Ls
    123. TheoriesOfHappiness
    124. To7m
    125. TRibbo24
    126. waggymiley2013
    127. WillowG145
    128. Writin_Reg
    129. yunagarnet
    130. Zango11 ?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    Put me on the list. The game is shallow. In earlier iterations it was all about the details, the little refinements that made the game feel like life. But lots of them are missing in 4, the humour is too childish, and the 'emotions' are just painted on.
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2016
    Signed.

I'm disappointed to see my favorite franchise changed from being a game/simulator, to being just an online platform to sell additional content.
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    Put me on the list please.
    It's hard to explain why I am disappointed because I didn't speak English ... and my abilities to write are very limited...

Without me making a comparison with the sims3, game bores you, quickly. Many things meaningless and unnecessary.
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    Latest update:
    1. abbyshire
    2. Aeroprincess87
    3. aka_moi
    4. AlbaWaterhouse
    5. alexandrea
    6. alto1229
    7. Alyssia29
    8. amyvity
    9. andersson01
    10. Anmiria
    11. Aotearoa14
    12. arthemissim
    13. ArubianaCaliente
    14. azxcbnm321
    15. Baenre
    16. Bagoas77
    17. bekkasan
    18. BethanyXX
    19. BimieSim
    20. Bluebeard45
    21. BlueBlack07
    22. BluePearl94
    23. blueturleotter
    24. burntoutbro
    25. Cabelle1863
    26. cactusjuice
    27. CACTUSROSE1
    28. catalina_45
    29. catutude5
    30. ChadSims2
    31. CharityHope
    32. Cinebar
    33. CK213
    34. clover24
    35. coldplay2233
    36. DaniqaSimmer
    37. despina53
    38. domina89
    39. drake_mccarty
    40. DyingLight
    41. elanorbreton
    42. Elissarr
    43. emperorq52
    44. emplaythesims
    45. Evallyn
    46. Evil_One
    47. fairymama47
    48. feetinstockings
    49. friendlyone20
    50. gayars
    51. gc6164
    52. geekchic96
    53. Gillie
    54. Glic2003
    55. glorifica
    56. gmomasue
    57. Goldmoldar
    58. Grandjury
    59. GrijzePillion
    60. Hagfisher
    61. Haiden
    62. HappySimmer3
    63. Horrorgirl6
    64. Ianamus
    65. icmnfrsh
    66. IcyJ
    67. iriefthi
    68. JACKIEJOY
    69. jbestxoxo
    70. jcp011c2
    71. jellysimwich
    72. jheyjuneice
    73. JoAnne65
    74. Jul97
    75. JULES1111
    76. Julianajujuba
    77. keekee53
    78. kphillips2977
    79. kremesch73
    80. kwc1994x
    81. ladybreid
    82. Lazerus_B4R
    83. lfreshyeh
    84. lxsrenick
    85. MadameButterfly
    86. Maddanna
    87. Meeoun
    88. Mikado_chan
    89. Mizz_Creative48
    90. mortia
    91. Movotti
    92. Moxitop
    93. MrHawk
    94. MysticOne
    95. NatKingSim
    96. nickabitsward
    97. Nina333
    98. ohthedrama
    99. OLDGREEK
    100. Pary
    101. Phantomflex
    102. PHEOBESMOM601
    103. Polyrythm
    104. Purplrpiper767
    105. ravamaile
    106. rbridges430
    107. sajahi
    108. Sandun
    109. sawdust
    110. scrab22
    111. shellbeme
    112. Sigzy05
    113. Simanite
    114. simirrevirre
    115. Simmer_Ray
    116. Sk8rblaze
    117. sparkfairy1
    118. Stdlr9
    119. Summerskydreamer
    120. SunsetSimsPrime
    121. taigoesrawr
    122. teaa5
    123. Terra
    124. terraer
    125. The-2-Ls
    126. TheoriesOfHappiness
    127. To7m
    128. TRibbo24
    129. waggymiley2013
    130. WillowG145
    131. Writin_Reg
    132. yunagarnet
    133. Zango11 ?
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Latest update:

You are awesome.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    GrandJury wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Latest update:

You are awesome.

It's only because I love your avatar. ;)

hehe.