May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I would just like to add that I have not and will not purchase anything regarding TS4 (although, foolishly, I own the Base Game and GTW).

I am rather pleased to see so many people actively not buying. Talking with our wallets really is the only way we'll get any change so I hope the "oh this blows but I'll buy it anyway" days are over...!

I too am looking forward to the coming milestones!

--T

ETA: just when I was ready to finally let go of this game you have given me a little ray of hope @GrandJury. Curses!! ;)

Interesting points

I have actually brought nothing for TS4 and only p,aged the free trial. I am still waiting for that 'wow factor' to even tempt me. I shall wait some more...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @nickibitsward No argument from me. And if you ever see someone say, "Everyone loves Sims 4", then I would even be honored if you would copy/paste my argument and change the wording to try to set them straight.

@JoAnne65 Have them sign! Although I think they aren't so much dissatisfied with the vision so much as poorly designed mechanics that were introduced to the game they otherwise enjoy.

@sparkfairy1 I'm pretty sure I'm okay for forum rules. I have not mocked an individual. I suppose Grandjury could possibly interpret it that way, but I hope he/she understands it's playful and that I've actually helped prop up this case more than bring it down. I won't argue the customer service stats, and not just because I don't know, but because I don't think they matter... to EA. The piece you don't know here is that I railed and railed at poor customer service in Sims 3, me and what seemed like a billion other people too. Not the game, the service. And it didn't matter one bit. If you objectively compare Maxis Then vs. Maxis Now, it would be pretty clear that Maxis Now is a much more responsive and caring team. The thing is, I attribute that to poor initial Sims 4 sales, not people launching complaints on the forums. Hence... I mock.
    You missed my point. Those are players who basically like/love Sims 4. And yet they're complaining. "You'll notice that almost every single person complaining about something is on this list" is far from true.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You missed my point. Those are players who basically like/love Sims 4. And yet they're complaining. "You'll notice that almost every single person complaining about something is on this list" is far from true.

Ah, point taken. I'll reword... "almost every person that..." You know, I don't care enough. I believe my point is made, despite specific wording being arguable. :smiley:

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2016
    @SimonSimpson

I would be very interested, for statistical reasons, if we had a number of how many positive/happy simmers would be willing to sign a statement saying they are satisfied with the direction of the game.

Perhaps your energy would be better spent conducting some research of your own by posting your own thread in general discussion where many would be happy to sign for their satisfaction.

It would seem absurd if I did it, but as a fellow fan, you would be well received.

I would not count anyone who has not literally said they signed though.

I do feel it would be interesting. Can't help who I am at heart, you know?

Edit: speaking of absurd, these floating tags definitely fall into that category.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @SimonSimpson it's about time customers were heard then don't you think?

I know EA have a poor reputation. I know that from friends who are more of your gamer type. For years I've believed for the most part Maxis kept themselves pretty far away from the worst of the poor EA experiences people cite when they are discussing reputation and the causes for it. They've been a studio that have held their own despite EA's pattern of buying small studios, wrapping them up but retaining the rights to the successful games the studios were known for (for me I think of bullfrog as I was a huge fan of the theme hospital and park games!).

I've learnt about some big issues from people here that thankfully I avoided and I understand that people are justifiably upset from any unresolved or historic issues that gave them poor experiences. I support their communication of why those were poor too.

I just feel this version is a real low for the series. Savage cuts to the base, knowingly releasing an unfinished game then taking years to a possibility one day *maybe* we may complete it, the way it's been handled in not warning those of us who bought in good faith that it may take them years to *maybe* finish, statements appearing to dismiss concerns, and an impression that they've lost touch with whole sections of their customer base in the exclusions they made.

I'm happy some people are happy and sufficiently catered to but I don't want EA to think that the people they excluded this time aren't worth consideration. That's not just letting their customers down, it's letting themselves down too. Their body of work created a diverse and loyal customer base. That should absolutely be valued and appreciated.
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    Signed.

My issue with this game is that I can't connect with it the way I did with 2/3. Shallow sims whose traits/relationships/experiences mean nothing. Underdeveloped/completely missing life stages that lack the kind of depth we've seen in previous games. I just don't care about the Sims 4 sims, I can't get invested in them. The game entertains me for a few hours at best, but when the stories I've created are erased by culling or overly powerful emotions, I just can't be bothered investing my time.
  • Options
    MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    You may sign my name. I've wanted to see this game change for the better. :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    SIGNED Whats wrong with it? Everything and anything. I think everyone that already posted covered it. I won't touch it with a 1000 foot pole.

Heard about this, and I am linking it to the people I talk to that like myself no longer come here. Always up for supporting a good cause!
    Now excuse me as I go back to the Sims 2 forum where people are enjoying their awesome game. :D

Off topic Hi @Cinebar ! Glad you haven't forgotten me :blush:
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited July 2016
    Signed!

I wanted to say, I rarely come any more, so the reason more haven't signed, is because those who are truly unhappy with the current game have left the forums. I was pointed to this list, and that is the only reason I came back on. I left in utter disgust with how the game was developing, and how the forums were going as well, because they pay no attention to the forums. I voted with my pocket book, and while I bought the base game, I have bought nothing else. The game isn't worth it, and we still don't have toddlers (or preschoolers which I would have been happy with) and actually refuse to buy any other game from EA that has to be installed on a pc because of the origin requirement. The game isn't worth it, and neither is origin. I haven't played the game in quite some time, nor has it been installed in quite some time either, although my daughter did reinstall it for a night a few months ago, and stopped playing it a couple of hours in and then promptly uninstalled it. It isn't any where near the quality of the previous sims games, and frankly hasn't earned the sims title as far as I am concerned. I, who have spent thousands of dollars supporting previous sims games, refuse to spend any more for this game, up until toddlers, then I will give them another shot.
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Signed. Awful game and the reasons why have already been stated multiple times already.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Signed. The game needs more lots, lifestates, lifestages, npcs an at least a color wheel. Among many other things. :|
  • Options
    JulianaJujubaJulianaJujuba Posts: 105 Member
    Signed. EA or Maxis's employees must listen to their customers. They have been lazy since the release of The Sims 4 and they know that.

Does anyone remember the last time we spent a WHOLE semester without a new expansion pack? Because I've been playing since the original game and I don't think this has ever happened before.
  • Options
    MoxitopMoxitop Posts: 6 New Member
    Signed. Still no toddlers and no open world or even an open neighberhoud would do at this point
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Signed.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm going to be out for most of tomorrow. Going out for brunch and then driving out of town until I see something interesting enough to paint.

I'll update what I have so far because I probably won't be able to do it again until much later in the day tomorrow.

Grandjury, I admit I wasn't certain if you'd abandoned your own thread. It's great to see you did not. Best of luck to you.

@king_of_simcity7 I thought I added you to my list originally, but it turns out I did not. It's your call, hun. It's also too late to edit my other post stating that I did add a certain individual who changed their name *facepalm* ;)

Updated list to follow:
    1. Aeroprincess87
    2. aka_moi
    3. AlbaWaterhouse
    4. alexandrea
    5. alto1229
    6. amyvity
    7. andersson01
    8. azxcbnm321
    9. Bagoas77
    10. bekkasan
    11. Bluebeard45
    12. BlueBlack07
    13. BluePearl94
    14. blueturleotter
    15. Cabelle1863
    16. cactusjuice
    17. CACTUSROSE1
    18. ChadSims2
    19. CharityHope
    20. Cinebar
    21. CK213
    22. clover24
    23. DaniqaSimmer
    24. despina53
    25. domina89
    26. DyingLight
    27. elanorbreton
    28. emplaythesims
    29. Evallyn
    30. Evil_One
    31. fairymama47
    32. feetinstockings
    33. gayars
    34. gc6164
    35. geekchic96
    36. Gillie
    37. Glic2003
    38. glorifica
    39. Goldmoldar
    40. Grandjury
    41. GrijzePillion
    42. Hagfisher
    43. HappySimmer3
    44. Horrorgirl6
    45. Ianamus
    46. icmnfrsh
    47. IcyJ
    48. iriefthi
    49. JACKIEJOY
    50. jbestxoxo
    51. jcp011c2
    52. jellysimwich
    53. jheyjuneice
    54. JoAnne65
    55. Jul97
    56. JULES1111
    57. Julianajujuba
    58. keekee53
    59. kphillips2977
    60. kremesch73
    61. kwc1994x
    62. ladybreid
    63. Lazerus_B4R
    64. lfreshyeh
    65. lxsrenick
    66. MadameButterfly
    67. Maddanna
    68. Meeoun
    69. Mikado_chan
    70. Mizz_Creative48
    71. mortia
    72. Movotti
    73. Moxitop
    74. MrHawk
    75. MysticOne
    76. NatKingSim
    77. nickabitsward
    78. Nina333
    79. ohthedrama
    80. OLDGREEK
    81. Pary
    82. PHEOBESMOM601
    83. Polyrythm
    84. ravamaile
    85. rbridges430
    86. rukola_schaaf
    87. sajahi
    88. Sandun
    89. scrab22
    90. shellbeme
    91. Sigzy05
    92. Simanite
    93. simirrevirre
    94. sparkfairy1
    95. Stdlr9
    96. taigoesrawr
    97. Terra
    98. terraer
    99. To7m
    100. waggymiley2013
    101. WillowG145
    102. Writin_Reg
    103. yunagarnet
    104. Zango11
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I'm going to be out for most of tomorrow. Going out for brunch and then driving out of town until I see something interesting enough to paint.

I'll update what I have so far because I probably won't be able to do it again until much later in the day tomorrow.

Grandjury, I admit I wasn't certain if you'd abandoned your own thread. It's great to see you did not. Best of luck to you.

@king_of_simcity7 I thought I added you to my list originally, but it turns out I did not. It's your call, hun. It's also too late to edit my other post stating that I did add a certain individual who changed their name *facepalm* ;)
    (yes, that confused me :D )
    (he's still not on the list btw ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Definitely agreeing with you and my name should be put with those that want change in the game.

1 Bring back toddlers
    2 Bin relationship culling
    3 I know we wont get it but a world where we can place lots of different sizes. as pretty or as interesting as Widenburg.
    4 Bring babies out of the crib, lets be able to take them out of the crib and they need blankets and PJs.
    5 Option to change relationships in CAS with premades, my own and ones that come with the game. If I delete all but one member of a household I should be able to make a new family for the one left, eg a child I leave but I can only make her a sibling not a new mum or dad, I should be able to make her new parents without using a cheat. yet If I delete a teen and make another the new one can have the original parents, doesn't make sense. It should work the other way around to.

6 sliders, so we can determine how often abductions happen, and how often multiple births happen. sliders can be used for so many things.

• Options
    Purplepiper767Purplepiper767 Posts: 77 Member
    I'll sign.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for coming by @Ellesarr

We appreciate your input. Also glad to see you haven't entirely given up over at Paradox. It's nice to see you still. ;)

@JoAnne65 I'd love to add him, but I'm still not really sure. I know how he feels about Sims 4, but he didn't really seem too keen on signing, unless that's just his non-challant character coming out. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »
    Considering this is only day 4 .. I wouldn't say it was a "few" members in the least. Heckling won't change the mindsets, but action will. Really looking forward to the coming milestones.

I have already contacted kremesch73.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind or mindset. I'm just amused that you think there's enough people to qualify as anything other than a vast minority. Honestly, I'm in a no-lose position here. I'm not dissatisfied, but if on the very off chance you happen to make the game better, well then I still win.

A

And you think were the vast minority because ?

I'm so glad you asked. Because now that @Grandjury has an ordered list on the front page (<--- that's a plug, you're welcome), you can see exactly who has signed. If you go through just about any thread on this feedback forum, you'll notice that almost every single person complaining about something is on this list. What that translates to, is that almost the entire negative feedback noise that people see and perceive as "a lot", or "almost everyone", is actually just the same people saying the same thing over and over. That number of people is less than 100, which is not that many in the big picture.

I'm not trying to take away the validity of anyone's opinion. I fully support everyone's entitlement to voice their opinion here. In fact, part of the reason I've been nudging this thread is because of that support... and the fact that absolutely no harm can come from this list. What I don't like, is the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" mentality that some people get, constantly going on and on about the same thing and trying to convince other people that for every 100 times they say something, 100 more people agree with them. That's just not the case, it's still just 100 people in total.

So more power to you! Let's get an accurate count once and for all. I will continue to mock while I'm right, and I will eat crow and cheer for you if/when I'm wrong.

What you are failing to understand is this doesn't stop just for the TS4 site. It's going wide, real wide. Just like the Change.org site hosted the petition but I don't if the lady who started that and the one who was here two years ago which took names here actually included all the people on the forums who signed the petition here, because they didn't want to give information on Change. org. I was one who did sign the petition here to delay, but not sure those two petitions were ever really combined into a larger one. But that one over there was more than 25,000 and not sure it included the 1,000 or more that were here back then. We haven't been the squeaky wheel that should be obvious because no oil has come our way or we wouldn't be saying things like negative feedback. But this isn't actually about that this is a list of people who were told they aren't the vast majority because face book has more likes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @drake_mccarty Makes me wish I still used facebook. You did an awesome investigative job and I really appreciate that you reported back to the thread. I'm not at all surprised at the how they skew the reports of the likes and hide the negatives as best they can. Pretty sad that they are trying to hide what a lot of us already know and they don't want to face the fact that there are a lot of us.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @drake_mccarty Makes me wish I still used facebook. You did an awesome investigative job and I really appreciate that you reported back to the thread. I'm not at all surprised at the how they skew the reports of the likes and hide the negatives as best they can. Pretty sad that they are trying to hide what a lot of us already know and they don't want to face the fact that there are a lot of us.

Truth is she never would have had to pull that up and post it if everyone were as happy with the game as she was trying to make it seem.

Why on earth would you have to prove to anyone that they're happy? Nah. You only do that when people are not happy, unless I stepped into another dimension or something and got lost. There's always that possibility.

EDIT: But we should leave that out of this thread. I don't want to see it get shut down.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2016
    bekkasan wrote: »

Well I can't really speak for how they operate in the professional standard, but my analysis was solely in response to SGDrake throwing out Facebook data as a measure of satisfaction. It was wrong. She used one singular aspect to quickly gauge reception to the teaser, but didn't take into account responses. Which as we saw don't always correspond to the reaction you've given the post, and paint quite a different picture when they are brought into the mix.

You will always get the data you want when you leave out the data you don't want. In this case, SGDrake used reactions to say "reception was overly positive", which would seemingly be supported while looking ONLY at that data. When in fact looking at the comments the most popular responses are overly negative, which conflicts with the "overly positive" reaction that one would take from looking at only half of the available information.

ETA: All in all social media isn't really the best way to collect customer satisfaction data. You want actual customers for that, and unfortunately you can get a response from anybody. It's a good tool for gauging interest in products though.