Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It was mentioned that only a small group was unhappy with the direction/vision of the franchise. If you are unhappy, post your name and reason.

HOW THIS WORKS.
If you sign your name, you are agreeing to not support the 4th iteration until they address or commit to changing the issues that are making the community feel as if they are only good for their wallet.

ASSIGNMENTS FOR CHANGE.
-If you are a member of another forum with a heavy sim community population, please refer them to this page link.
-SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD this page link to all your sims friends (Gallery, Twitter, FaceBook, Tumblr, exc.) if you come across complaints, link this page.
-*IMPORTANT* If you see a link to this page anywhere, LIKE that comment. That is one of your fellow community members and liked comments are usually the first thing that casual gamers will see.

WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
Look at all the comments in this thread. We have been told that we are a vast few that does not have the power to change anything. We have been told that we are just complaining and that stats show that everything is fine. We have been told that as long as the players who have never played this game before are happy, the creators are happy. It will take the majority of the community to make this change. We can do this, easily. All it takes is your name and your commitment to not support (MEANING BUY) the 4th iteration until we are at LEAST acknowledged/promised to a commitment.

NEW MEMBERS.
Thank You for signing up to join The Sims community. If you were recruited from an external forum, feel free to mention the forum and the member. Please sign your name and why you are displeased.

Doesn't matter what the reason, doesn't matter how many times it has been said, list your grievances. We have a direct link to upper management. Let your voice be heard. Enough people will get things changed in numbers.

DUE TO THE LARGE AMOUNT OF DETAILED CONCERN AND SIGNEES, THE LIST HAS EXCEEDED THE WORD LIMIT FOR THIS POST:
FOR THE LEGEND AND FULL LIST OF NAMES, GO TO PAGE 22 OF THIS THREAD. THERE YOU WILL FIND AN ALPHABETICAL LIST PUT INTO 4 PARTS, AS WELL AS THE FULL AMOUNT OF MENTIONS FOR EACH CONCERN/REASON WHY SIMMERS CHOOSE NOT TO SUPPORT THE SIMS 4.
tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
Post edited by GrandJury on

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'm done with this game. I just downloaded a ton of CC for Sims 2 since it has the gameplay I want and miss. I don't think it's coming to the Sims 4, so unless something changes, I'm out.

Same. Been done since around the Movie SP. I gave this game more of a chance than I ever did S3, and now I'm playing S3. I don't think this game has any potential at all.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    Wow, you're almost to double digits! Just think, 9,994 more signs and you'll almost have 1%* of Sims 4 players!

(*1M is a conservative estimate since we don't know the actual number)
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited July 2016
    deleted
    Post edited by Ciarassims on
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    I have unhappy with the game from the time I bought the base game. I even bought a new $2000 gaming pc to ensure I could run it. Come to find out I could run it on a potato. It has nothing in common with the original sims. Had I known this fact before hand, I would not have bought the new pc nor the base game. There is nothing to do. The graphics are cartoonish. We kept hearing, hang in there, it's gonna get way better. So to justify my expenses, I keep buying each new update offered, hoping that now maybe I can start having some fun. Each time I realize it's nothing more then reused minimal animations that offers no new game play. I feel it's been a huge rip off. I want nothing more to do with it or EA. The recommended age should read 7 - 12 years of age who are interested in playing house. To be honest, I would like a total refund of my money spent on the base game on up to now.
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    I am signing.

Although I don;t believe that it will change anything. They have Rachel and her dancing. They have their telemetry results. And they have their profits.

And this thread is going to be buried under another threads.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Unhappy
    1. No toddlers babies are nothing more than an object and teens are adults with nothing unique just renamed interactions they are adults who do homework and ask about woohoo. As a Generational player my playstyle is ignored I cant tell the stories I want newlyweds/young couples are stuck with a bassinet or a 8 year old child.
    2. No world editor being someone who wants to customize every aspect of my world being stuck with preplaced lots and the world around me set in stone is not ok.
    3. Limited animations I will list the bed as one example Sims cant lay and read in bed or lay down and watch tv they also cant cuddle, kids cant jump on it and they cant make it.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited July 2016
    I kept holding on to hope. There were a few genuinely good things sprinkled in (Spa Day, Kids Room, gender patch, etc) but but with yet another SP on the way I find myself with no urge to play, and I haven't played it in a while now. Lack of a big EP with a huge feature has left me just bored, especially with a lack of things like terrain editing, CAW, limited worlds and space, no T word, still no supernaturals...

I know a handful of signatures won't change anything or fix anything, but I'm expressing my discontent regardless.

**and edit to add...sick of the insane amount of culling going on to help "performance". The culling that was sneakily added in the June patch with no mention of it in the notes was especially scummy
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2016
    i edit my original posts because the thread's tennor changed radically
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    You really think a petition will change anything?
    this is not a petition
    this is only the expression of dissatisfaction "with the direction/vision of the franchise" in the form of disapproval

this is how adult people confront other adult people

Wow, you're almost to double digits! Just think, 9,994 more signs and you'll almost have 1%* of Sims 4 players!

wait & see :smirk:

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member

Also, there are those who stopped playing and participating on forums. And those who have never registered here.

So the only fair thing is to compare numbers to the number of active forum members.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    ravamaile wrote: »
    I am signing.

Although I don;t believe that it will change anything. They have Rachel and her dancing. They have their telemetry results. And they have their profits.

Of course it will. That's what y'alls "beloved" Gurus do.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    this is not a petition
    this is only the expression of dissatisfaction "with the direction/vision of the franchise" in the form of disapproval

deleted
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    You think EA will read all of this and think actually we are gonna change the game and make it into what everyone ever wanted? They ain't gonna.

They can't. It's too late for that.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    You think EA will read all of this and think actually we are gonna change the game and make it into what everyone ever wanted? They ain't gonna.

They can't. It's too late for that.

deleted
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    ravamaile wrote: »
    I am signing.

You noticed how quickly new threads start as soon as one of these comes up? Me too. Every time. So how many EA ppl are here spawning new threads? LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2016

it's irrelevenat what i think
    & it's irrelevant what EA does

but it is very relevant to be able to formulate the own state of mind
    that's the world we want to live in, express freely how we feel & what moves us

everyone is free to improve the things
    or not
    that's freedom & that's important
    people at EA are free to improve this franchise
    if they don't it's their free decision
    but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't speak their mind
    if nobody speaks some people might come to the conclusion that everything is ok

True. But it's pretty apparent The Sims Team doesn't listen. They'll do what they do regardless and act surprised when asked about it.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I don't think anything's going to change about The Sims 4. But I'm expressing my opinion, nonetheless.

Well, first, I haven't played the game since February last year. I said I'd wait for toddlers to come before aging the baby in my sims' family. I thought they would come anytime soon, since ghosts and pools were recently patched in. 17 months later and nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On top of that, TS4 just doesn't show as much potential for growth as the previous titles in the series. It can't sustain huge populations, so they had to put in culling. A lot of other basic features are still absent, as mentioned by the others (terrain tools, trash compactors). The worlds are 2D and static, so players can't make their own or even make changes to lots and layouts. Instead, they have to rely on the developers to create new worlds for them. The infrastructure to accommodate growth has to be present at the beginning; otherwise, the developers can only make so many changes to a limited game.

I usually just spend time in the Off Topic section these days. Sometimes I'd drop by the General TS4 forum to see if there are any exciting developments. Nothing has caught my eye so far.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    this is not a petition

it's irrelevant what i think
    & it's irrelevant what EA does

but it is very relevant to be able to formulate the own state of mind
    that's the world we want to live in, express freely how we feel & what moves us

everyone is free to improve the things
    or not
    that's freedom & that's important
    people at EA are free to improve this franchise
    if they don't it's their free decision
    but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't speak their mind
    if nobody speaks some people might come to the conclusion that everything is ok

deleted
    giphy_1.gif