November 26th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
November 30th: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,824 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hello... again...

WOW, SOO much has been going on... took me 45mins and a cup of coffee to get through EVERYTHING that's been happening since I left.

I have missed being here, I adore everyone's opinions and looking out for each other. I truly forgot people can be so nice and genuine.

At the moment, since I've got a plethora of free time on my hands now, again :'( ... I've been trying to sort out my blog to make it, better.
    Other blogs seem to be so much more amazing with all these in-sync moving parts, link jumps, and things I just have no idea how to create or get to because I can't afford to pay for the extras.
    I've been trying not to look, but I'm also reading and catching up on others' stories, so, going to the bogs is kind of a given at that point; it's not so much that writers' block has been affecting me, but I go back to my story and... I just sit, staring at my page, re-reading what I've written, and I'm happy with it, but at the moment, now, I'm stuck and it sucks.

I love your blog, @IvoryButterfly . For me, I don't really care about the fancy stuff that comes with the paid sites--I like free WordPress best. Free WordPress blogs always work in my WP Reader, and they're also great because they don't often break! So often, I read those who use pay products exclaiming that stuff breaks, licenses expire, and the products they use are no longer supported.

Anyway, for me, it's the story that draws me in!

Hope you're doing OK.

Also, hi, @SimTresa ! Box of Chocolates is such a fun story! Glad you shared your link here, and I didn't realize that Noriko came from @mercuryfoam 's Sims! Noriko is adorable.

Actually, the ones based on Mercuryfoam's sims are Masato, Kirino and Takeo Yamaguchi. Noriko only exists in my game: she's adopted.

Maximus_Banner.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,022 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I love your blog, @IvoryButterfly . For me, I don't really care about the fancy stuff that comes with the paid sites--I like free WordPress best. Free WordPress blogs always work in my WP Reader, and they're also great because they don't often break! So often, I read those who use pay products exclaiming that stuff breaks, licenses expire, and the products they use are no longer supported.

Anyway, for me, it's the story that draws me in!

Hope you're doing OK.

Also, hi, @SimTresa ! Box of Chocolates is such a fun story! Glad you shared your link here, and I didn't realize that Noriko came from @mercuryfoam 's Sims! Noriko is adorable.

*HUGS* - @CathyTea , Oh I've missed you. And thank you.
    Yes, I'm sure 'm just beating myself up.
    Things have been a little rough of late, but we're getting through it as we always do. Sadly it has been making 'self-conscious' thoughts pop into my head and beat me up a little.

I've been looking at some writing courses from my local community college to do next year in the hopes that maybe they might help with my technique and different perspectives, but I'm waiting to see if I get in or not.

For now, I'm doing my best to pull myself up by my bootstraps, stop sulking, and get stuck into my writing.

*HUGS* to all :smiley:

@IvoryButterfly Good luck! I hope you feel better about things and that things improve for you soon.

Your blog seemed fine to me.