April 9 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,087 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I hopefully made an intake appointment with someone from the DSO for this coming Thursday. When I know my parents will be out. I would have discussed it with my case manager yesterday but he never called. I don't like having to go behind my back but I'm a bit tired of my parents either finding excuses or me having to constantly tell them a psyche assessment is for more than just mental purposes. Also, I'm ticked off that if I was living alone (or at least with a roommate)- I could have my own web camera and funding could have provided me with certain streaming services (Netflix/Disney+). Is this what Dumbledore means about "What is right and what is easy?"

    Hi, @MadameLee ! Glad to hear that it looks like there's some development with that appointment. Hope it all goes well.

    I like that quotation by Dumbledore.... sometimes, what's right is also easy, and sometimes, it's extra challenging, I find.

    I hate that I have to do it behind my parents' back but I don't have much of a choice because I'm getting really tired of my parents' excuses. I can't date in this pandemic because of no web camera (well not on MY computer) and my parents don't trust online dating. But technically online dating during the pandemic (even on mom's computer) would be safer then real dating techinally.
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,553 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Update: contacted my old co-mod and I'm glad I did it. It wasn't as awkward as web sleuthing + passing the news of death could be.

    Oh, that's so good. I've been thinking of a response... but others provided better responses, and it sounds like it worked out well. I was going to say something like, the act of notifying the co-mod is a thoughtful act of kindness, more than a responsibility or duty, so it's really the gesture of the action that matters, and you're free to do so in the way that feels comfortable to you.

    But it sounds like everything worked out. One thing about these challenging times, and the way that grief softens us, is that it can bring us together and extend moments where kind gestures occur to us.

    You get the outsource the kindness job after all. :p Yeah we ended up catching up on each other's lives too. I was worried that it'd just be exploiting a tragedy to get answers to "whatever happened to x, y, and z" but neither of us said it felt like that.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

    outrun / blog / tunglr
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 28,108 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Update: contacted my old co-mod and I'm glad I did it. It wasn't as awkward as web sleuthing + passing the news of death could be.

    Oh, that's so good. I've been thinking of a response... but others provided better responses, and it sounds like it worked out well. I was going to say something like, the act of notifying the co-mod is a thoughtful act of kindness, more than a responsibility or duty, so it's really the gesture of the action that matters, and you're free to do so in the way that feels comfortable to you.

    But it sounds like everything worked out. One thing about these challenging times, and the way that grief softens us, is that it can bring us together and extend moments where kind gestures occur to us.

    You get the outsource the kindness job after all. :p Yeah we ended up catching up on each other's lives too. I was worried that it'd just be exploiting a tragedy to get answers to "whatever happened to x, y, and z" but neither of us said it felt like that.

    i'm glad it worked out. i just wasn't sure what to say.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,553 Member
    @friendsfan367: thanks for the kind words <3
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

    outrun / blog / tunglr
  • DeafSimmerDeafSimmer Posts: 3,463 Member
    I've finished my first story, but it was still hard to write Ragnar. He was the antagonist of my first story, "Of Supernaturals and Sims." For some reason, it was easier to write Meredith. I have this tendency to do villain cliches when it comes to male antagonists, even if I did attempt to flesh them out and give them a backstory. I wonder if it's related to my gender, by the way. And then, in Chapter 30, I had introduced three characters, but they were "one-off" characters from the main character's flashback/memory. I guess when writing short and sweet stories for each generation, they didn't leave enough leg-room for even the "less important" characters.

    Has anyone else here had the habit of writing cliched villains when starting out with Simlits? And what did you usually do with "one-off" characters that didn't appear later in the story? How do I make sure the readers don't feel a disconnect with future characters?
  • Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 71 Member
    @deafsimmer I haven’t written villains for Sims it’s, but in other things I’ve written I try to think about the villains life and likes/dislikes, and maybe something opposite to their outward image. So he’s a jock bully, but he spends his Sunday afternoons helping his grandmother look after her garden, and he knows more about growing fruit and veg than anyone else in school. But he can’t tell anyone that, it would ruin his image!

    Despite that, some days he brings little bags of fresh berries to share with this closest friends. It’s a great pre-workout snack!

    None of that might come up in the story from your character’s POV, but you’ve got a better understanding of your villain and what he does when he’s not just being the antagonist. I find it helps to think of the cliche thing first, and then try to push it a bit further to something unexpected - if you understand why they don’t like your character that can help you bring depth, too.

    Maybe the hero of your story once stole berries from the villain’s grandmother! Hero doesn’t remember but it made the villain think so much less of him.

    Cliches can be fun, too, they aren’t always bad 😊

  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,077 Member
    Hi @DeafSimmer

    I’ll try answering the villain question since I feature a lot of them. :)

    It’s normal to find villains hard to write because it’s not easy to relate to wanting to cause harm, being cruel or doing evil. The key to writing villains is what @Maladi777 said earlier, that no one is a villain in their own story. So as the writer, write as if they are a hero, as if they are a normal person like you and me and believe it (because most of the time they are).

    Spend as much time fleshing out your villain as you do for your heroes. Villains are the main character of the story too because they have as much screen time as your hero. Give them positive traits. Show us who they are when they’re not doing bad things. Villains should be likeable or at least respected by your readers.

    If your villain is flat or one dimensional, your protag will overcome the obstacles too easily. But if your villain is charismatic, smart, manipulative, even compassionate!, your protag will have to be more resourceful to beat them. A hero is only as good as their villain. If the villain doesn’t make your heroes sweat, your readers won’t sweat too.

    Cliches are not a bad thing, but if you want to try something new, a good starting point is writing other kinds of villain archetypes. For example:
    I’m using examples that I know of and that you’ve already read about.
    • The Dark Source in Tales of Camelot.
    • Morgyn in Blackwell Chronicles (arguable an antagonist, but still works)
    • Seth in Almost Eternal
    • Masato in Between Two Worlds S1. (For comparison purposes, Bowser is a flat villain and need not be studied. :lol: )

    These are all different villain types. Feel free to analyse them. Good luck! :)
    V2seNM7.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,928 Member
    edited February 28
    @DeafSimmer
    Has anyone else here had the habit of writing cliched villains when starting out with Simlits?
    I totally had the classic moustache-twirling wannabe-world-domanitaing type of villain in my old legacy! :) Though I will say that the early generations of said legacy were essentially a comedy so she was always there more so for comic relief rather than to pose an obstacle to the protagonists, so it may be a slightly different scenario.

    The main key to writing villains has definitely already been mentioned by other people, so I won't dwell on it. But I do echo the sentiment: To write good villains, don't write villains. Thinking of them as a villain puts you at a disadvantage. But again, others have already said enough about that, so I'll focus more on your characters specifically :)

    I read the first five chapters of Of Supernaturals and Sims yesterday, so I don't know anything about Ragnar yet, but I can talk about Meredith (or what I've seen of her so far at least), and why I think you may have had an easier time with her so far, and what makes her convincing. Conversely I don't think it's necessarily to do with gender! (I'll continue under a spoiler tag to avoid spoiling your story :smile:)
    With Meredith, you show us where she's coming from pretty well. Braeden once saved her from bullies. If she was bullied severely, he may have been the first person to basically give her the message of "hey, you are worth something." If that same person then goes on to reject her, that removes that message she originally received from him in her mind, so it's of course going to make her lash out on others, especially those he seems to consider "worthy."

    We haven't really seen Braeden's initial rejection of Meredith (or at least that I know of yet by chapter 5) in a flashback, so perhaps it was sensitive at the time - though Braeden strikes me as a bit rash so far, so I don't really believe it. In any case, over the years, his rejection of her has only intensified and has gotten increasingly harsh. Which in turn makes her lash out more.

    So now this new girl arrives, and Braeden instantly gravitates to her, and from Meredith's POV, that must be hard to reconcile - when she met Braeden, she needed protection, much like Zelda may need protection now, yet he still ultimately rejected her (Meredith) but is not rejecting Zelda. Meredith and Zelda also look quite similar appearance-wise, so it can't be looks-based. So I can easily imagine Meredith wondering what it is about Zelda that makes her "worthwhile" to Braeden, and incidentally, why she herself is not worth Braeden's time. All of that bottles up in her and you have a recipe for disaster.

    So basically what I'm saying is that Meredith's position is relatable and understandable, and coming from something small. If your "villain" has some grand plans of a big world-threatening scheme... that is not really that relatable. Most of us don't really have plans of that nature, we care are zoned in on our own little journeys and the people near us the most. So it is probably a good idea to start off with a villain that is more small-scale, like Meredith. Think about their small struggles. They may eventually snowball into something of an epic proportion, but nobody starts off that way.

    Last idea I have, which is slightly out of the box and may not work for the plot you have in mind, but I'll mention it anyway - If you really do think it's the gender thing that makes it harder for you to relate to the male "villain," you could try an experimental approach and write them as a woman in your draft, and only edit that to relate to a male once you've written the outline/chapter as a final tweak to your draft before you screenshot and publish. Like I say this may not work for every plot, but you could always try it as an experimental one off excercise :)
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,392 Member
    edited February 28
    A hero is only as good as their villain.
    THIS.
    Cliches are not a bad thing.
    And this also. Clichés definitely aren't a bad thing. It always depends on your writing skill and creativity whether you can make them work or not.

    There are accidental heroes and accidental villains too. Maybe this could be something for you to explore? Not starting with a finished type of villain but with someone who was perceived as a good person at the beginning and a series of events made it so that everyone else's perception of him changed. Even though he's still the same person in his mind everyone sees him as a villain. Because that's how it usually works.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Last idea I have, which is slightly out of the box and may not work for the plot you have in mind, but I'll mention it anyway - If you really do think it's the gender thing that makes it harder for you to relate to the male "villain," you could try an experimental approach and write them as a woman in your draft, and only edit that to relate to a male once you've written the outline/chapter as a final tweak to your draft before you screenshot and publish. Like I say this may not work for every plot, but you could always try it as an experimental one off excercise :)

    Or you could write a villain that is a genderless entity. Or simply someone hiding their gender. For example Calypso from @mercuryfoam's story could have been either she or he. Aliases and titles can be more powerful than their bearers themselves. Something to take into account too.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • DeafSimmerDeafSimmer Posts: 3,463 Member
    @mercuryfoam @Maladi777 @ThePlumbob Good advice. Well, as for Ragnar, maybe I'll draw something from his flashback and try to make it give him a deeper motivation than ruling the world. When thinking about his character, I remembered the way a villain was written in someone's fanfiction on another site and considered applying some of that to him. As some of you have pointed out, the villain thinks they're being the good guys and that their enemies are the evil ones.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,087 Member
    All this talk about villains makes me wonder about my 3.5 villains so far in my own SimLit story. (Darcy Grant in Gen 2 and then later on in the same generation Kelly Bergen who is still a villain along with her son, in Gen 3, and son's children are also villains in Gen 4). @CathyTea thoughts about the updated Swanson SimLit?
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited March 6
    I have late late villain thoughts. Maybe they can all be rejected for "villain cliches are fun though" because I wholeheartedly agree with that too.

    Anyways I have more fun with villains that start out as close to the protagonist or even stay that way throughout. It's easier to write a character and flesh them out when they are your main character's brother or wife first and true enemy second. It's easier to think about the little things they do for fun, how they blend into a family, how they love someone before stabbing them in the back, etc. In some morbid way I find true crime cases between family and lovers far more interesting than anyone being murdered by a stranger and maybe this is bad to admit. :p

    Personal story that may have some value: I took a pledge with Outrun the Scythe to avoid true villains entirely. It's to the point where I don't assign Good or Evil as a trait to anyone, at least intentionally. Now a lot of stories need villains but there are some cases when you're dealing with "alien morality" (literally in Outrun's case, figuratively in others) where it feels like an unfair value judgment. The choice came when...
    I was developing the plot for a later generation that involves daemonic possession and had a lot more fun thinking of it as a mutually agreed upon relationship that enhances the host's life as much as it ruins it. e.g. one character does it for the immunity to death and injury after a near-death experience, another does it because he's a lot less boring when his daemon takes control, etc. Probably still a terrible trade though! After that it's hard to make "real" villains alongside them.

    ...but also realizing that I made a fantasy race where they would all be criminals under human laws. Combine that with a lot of the cast being a part of daemonic society in some way, and readers can have whatever opinion they want but the characters might brush off some heinous stuff. But the thing is that there are other avenues for conflict than needing a villain. So far I'm confident I have enough internal struggles for everyone.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

    outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 168 Member
    @DeafSimmer , since everyone covered my personal views on villains...
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    And what did you usually do with "one-off" characters that didn't appear later in the story?

    In my two main SimLits, there were a few 'one off' characters in the first story who came back for the second but not all in major 'roles'. I feel that sometimes, trying to do too much with all of the one-off characters can bog down the story a bit too much, so not everybody returned later on in my stories.

    I would say, if you want to bring back some one-off characters on occasion, it might be worth keeping it to your favourite ones. You can always have others mentioned in conversation somehow on occasion- perhaps others talk about them or remember them fondly for some reason. If you have any reason to have a party/wedding etc. in your story I find that's a good way to include one-offs for a brief while again, if they get along with the current main character.



  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 22,904 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I have late late villain thoughts. Maybe they can all be rejected for "villain cliches are fun though" because I wholeheartedly agree with that too.

    Anyways I have more fun with villains that start out as close to the protagonist or even stay that way throughout. It's easier to write a character and flesh them out when they are your main character's brother or wife first and true enemy second. It's easier to think about the little things they do for fun, how they blend into a family, how they love someone before stabbing them in the back, etc. In some morbid way I find true crime cases between family and lovers far more interesting than anyone being murdered by a stranger and maybe this is bad to admit. :p

    Personal story that may have some value: I took a pledge with Outrun the Scythe to avoid true villains entirely. It's to the point where I don't assign Good or Evil as a trait to anyone, at least intentionally. Now a lot of stories need villains but there are some cases when you're dealing with "alien morality" (literally in Outrun's case, figuratively in others) where it feels like an unfair value judgment. The choice came when...
    I was developing the plot for a later generation that involves daemonic possession and had a lot more fun thinking of it as a mutually agreed upon relationship that enhances the host's life as much as it ruins it. e.g. one character does it for the immunity to death and injury after a near-death experience, another does it because he's a lot less boring when his daemon takes control, etc. Probably still a terrible trade though! After that it's hard to make "real" villains alongside them.

    ...but also realizing that I made a fantasy race where they would all be criminals under human laws. Combine that with a lot of the cast being a part of daemonic society in some way, and readers can have whatever opinion they want but the characters might brush off some heinous stuff. But the thing is that there are other avenues for conflict than needing a villain. So far I'm confident I have enough internal struggles for everyone.

    This is so cool. All of it.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

    Dragon Name: Hywicoes | House: Ravenclaw | Wand: Dogwood, Unicorn hair 11 ¼" , Suprisingly Swishy
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 22,904 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    All this talk about villains makes me wonder about my 3.5 villains so far in my own SimLit story. (Darcy Grant in Gen 2 and then later on in the same generation Kelly Bergen who is still a villain along with her son, in Gen 3, and son's children are also villains in Gen 4). @CathyTea thoughts about the updated Swanson SimLit?

    I don't think I can address the recent update, as I haven't yet caught up with it. But in all your other versions, I love your villains!

    Some of them, I love because they are so blatantly bad. Like they embody the worst racism, ableism, genderism, and every other ism you can think of, and they do so very openly, and even kind of gleefully. And usually, bad things happen to them. There's a morality to it which feels like it balances out all the bad stuff in the world, and I like that.

    Some of them I like because they are bad because being bad feels good to them.... like there's this part of the human brain which can get addicted to being mean to others, and these villains demonstrate that. Some of them turn around, too, once they get past the addictive quality of meanness.

    I also like how your good characters are so really good. There's definitely a victim-perpetrator or victim-bully aspect to your story, and often it gets defused by the victim gaining inspiring strength and becoming impervious to the villains' actions.

    It's all sort of fairy-tale or dream-like, so it feels rich and deep psychologically.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

    Dragon Name: Hywicoes | House: Ravenclaw | Wand: Dogwood, Unicorn hair 11 ¼" , Suprisingly Swishy
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,087 Member
    edited March 7
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    All this talk about villains makes me wonder about my 3.5 villains so far in my own SimLit story. (Darcy Grant in Gen 2 and then later on in the same generation Kelly Bergen who is still a villain along with her son, in Gen 3, and son's children are also villains in Gen 4). @CathyTea thoughts about the updated Swanson SimLit?

    I don't think I can address the recent update, as I haven't yet caught up with it. But in all your other versions, I love your villains!

    Some of them, I love because they are so blatantly bad. Like they embody the worst racism, ableism, genderism, and every other ism you can think of, and they do so very openly, and even kind of gleefully. And usually, bad things happen to them. There's a morality to it which feels like it balances out all the bad stuff in the world, and I like that.

    Some of them I like because they are bad because being bad feels good to them.... like there's this part of the human brain which can get addicted to being mean to others, and these villains demonstrate that. Some of them turn around, too, once they get past the addictive quality of meanness.

    I also like how your good characters are so really good. There's definitely a victim-perpetrator or victim-bully aspect to your story, and often it gets defused by the victim gaining inspiring strength and becoming impervious to the villains' actions.

    It's all sort of fairy-tale or dream-like, so it feels rich and deep psychologically.

    @CathyTea Well you will be really surprise to see the sexism/racism when you get caught up to chapter 4.5 of my current SimLit version. But I'm going to give you abit of a spoiler right now
    it's kind of sort of based on rumours the current gen Berjsen children are spreading around hence the chapter after the one I'm working on
    .

    I did have some thoughts about one of a future character's dream. You know what the first two dreams are from one of the previous versions- but the 3rd one (before the good dream), was of Jay (the future character)'s being dressed in reaper out and is in a prison to "reap" someone. when it comes what either I (or him) thinking he's going to reap someone in a prison- but he gets a call from a mysterious "someone". Now working on this 4th version of this SimLit-I think maybe after his father (the ex-politician who been arrested and is in prison himself)- that Jay almost tries to "reap" his father in the manner of his dream, but the phone call is either "Anneorine" religion telling him not too, or his "Jimmney Cricket" character doing what I could only call a "Tarzan" moment telling Jay "he's not like his father and if he's reaps, he will be as bad as his father" or his girlfriend/wife Selene telling him that. instead of Scar Mussell deal with the "horrors" of prison.

    I don't know why Scar Mussell became bad through. I mean Kelly at least had a bit of an excuse. By the way in the 4th version I have the story you will more obvious see the "curse" we talked about before is something sort of like global health crisis. Which will explain "bad things happening".


    I also like how your good characters are so really good. There's definitely a victim-perpetrator or victim-bully aspect to your story, and often it gets defused by the victim gaining inspiring strength and becoming impervious to the villains' actions.
    @CathyTea can you think o an example for instance about what you said here? ^ (Also I don't recall any ableism being in my story-but you might want to remind me)
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,087 Member
    I need some idea of what to do about my problem. I have to get bloodwork and I'm going to have to fast for the day (Dad hasn't made the appointment yet). I looked up restaurants near the lab where Dad wants to take me. I kind of want to try Taco Bell. Someone online suggested "Nacho fries" (aka Fries Supreme) as part of my meal if I ever went to Taco Bell. But the 3 times I eat out in 2019 at someplace which wasn't.. Tim Horton's beside having chicken(KFC)/Burger(BK) or wrap (McDonald's)- I would have poutine and the parents weren't pleased about that they said "it was the evquient of having two meals" so I don't think they would like me having "the evquient of two meals" again.

    So anyone have a suggestion?
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,553 Member
    @MadameLee: as a Taco Bell connoisseur (dear lord), the regular nacho fries aren't any bigger than a small/medium order of fries anywhere else. There's the nacho fries BellGrande (tm) which are bigger and topped with beef and sour cream but IMO you're probably getting the same stuff on top of it in your taco/burrito/crunchwrap/etc. anyways so just skip that conflict and get the smaller one. Or keep in mind that Taco Bell's items tend to be on the smaller side anyways.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

    outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,087 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @MadameLee: as a Taco Bell connoisseur (dear lord), the regular nacho fries aren't any bigger than a small/medium order of fries anywhere else. There's the nacho fries BellGrande (tm) which are bigger and topped with beef and sour cream but IMO you're probably getting the same stuff on top of it in your taco/burrito/crunchwrap/etc. anyways so just skip that conflict and get the smaller one. Or keep in mind that Taco Bell's items tend to be on the smaller side anyways.

    @InfraGreen I kind of want to make a correction to your assumption, hopefully I don't come across as rude. I didn't mean "equivalent of two meals" in size-wise sense but in calorie sense. But compared to what I had in 2019-the two items would get me to 960 calories.
    Mcdonald's
    chicken wrap 430 Calories
    Pountine 870 calories.

    Burger King
    Singe Quarter Bound King 580 cals
    Poutine 880 calories

    KFC
    one of the box deals set 945
    Poutine 720 Calories

    Taco Bell
    Chicken quesadillas 520
    Fries Sumpreme 440


    Well I guess I will need those calories after fasting for 12hours. I mean I do Dad could suggest talking me to (Wholesaler) and getting a sausage in a bun but I don't want to "sit-in-the-car-and-have-lunch" thing like I did last time after my bloodwork happened. (not to mention no "extras" from the wholesaler food court except a drink)
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,087 Member
    I'm really ticked of of Dad filling our two *bacon* freezers with two much *bacon* food!. Then turning the *bacon* freezers upside down and then burying stuff I might *bacon* want like *bacon* chocolate chip ice cream containers. Up until 3-4 weeks ago I had been originally using Breyer's ice cream container


    Three weeks ago during one of Dad's turning the freezer upside down a different chocolate chip ice cream container (containing the same flavour chocolate) from another company from Chapman's All the ice cream including the parents' chocolate bars as well as some other stuff (liek sea food), are in the old freezer. TV dinners, butter, and meat for suppers are in the new freezer. But when I went to get my ice cream two weeks ago Dad had apparently turned the *bacon* old freezer one again upside down so I couldn't find either of two items I wanted. So Dad had to go down and look and found them. . Last week after I got what I needed for my double-scoop snack (chocolate and mint) there's only like a bit left for tomorrow. I want to have both chocolate and mint ice cream. Ever since my first cruise in 2013 , Vanilla ice cream has lost its ap-peel (get it?). Dad last week claimed there was more in the old freezer and I know I hadn't finished the Chapman's ice cream Dutch choclate -since there was quite a bit left before it disappeared again.

    I told Mom last night-that I wanted to make sure there was actually chocolate for me for tomorrow night my snack night. Mom said she would do it tomorrow (today) and then today she said she would have Dad look. After asking me if Dad and I were sure there was more chocolate ice cream At some point between 8pm and 10:45pm Dad apparently "looked" and didn't found any chocolate but he had claimed just last week there still was some chocolate left and like I already said-there's the Chapman's Ice cream box. which had once again disappeared

    I bet if Dad hadn't packed the *bacon* old freezer so full of *bacon* food it would be easier to find stuff like the *bacon* ice cream in the first place. Or at least not turn the *** freezer upside down looking for stuff everytime people want something. Like I yesterday I literally ripped one of the flatbed pizza boxes because of how cramped it was in the old freezer. This is the same Dad who this morning just told me to just RANDMONLY put the "waffle box" somewhere in the freezer when there was a great big empty space where the box was before I got one of the 4 waffles for lunch. Mom said she would look after I pointed out about (two kids ice cream box). But at the time she's been doing crosswords currently.

    Since I'm already am majorly upset that a game of Scrabble that Mom and I were planning on playing tomorrow got postpone till Saturday due to Mom having to redo the questionnaire that she filled out and send back to psychiatrist yesterday (the person who received a blank form). I DON'T NEED TO DEAL WITH ALMOST NO CHOCLATE ICE CREAM AS WELL!

    Rant's over.

    kikWQMd.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 28,108 Member
    Here are some solutions that have worked for other users:

    Go to Documents>Electronic Arts>TheSims4, find the GameVersion file. Open it, and see what number is written. Check to make sure it's the same number as your game version (PC: 1.72.28.1030 or Mac: 1.72.28.1230) if it isn't, change the number to your version in the GameVersion file and save.

    Make sure that your antivirus is not blocking your changes: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695

    Go to Documents>Electronic Arts>TheSims4 and delete the options.ini file (this will reset your game settings).

    Try a game repair (origin>click on the sims4 in your library and choose repair).

    If nothing works you can post your problems on Answer HQ, here is the original thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-activate-my-mods-after-new-update/td-p/9560277
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 28,108 Member
    sorry your having issues with your paents again. as for your game people have been having isssues so heres what i found well above this post hope it helps.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,087 Member
    going to write about two problems

    first problem:
    I know having a partner isn't all that crack up to be. But I also don't want to have to rely on only DSO to let me meet people. I want to date "normal" people-ok disabled people are normal too. But I want to date a non-disabled person since I'm disabled as it is. Because whenever I get upset about not being able to Date even virtually-Mom's is like the "DSO could have you meet people your age". But I don't want to date just disabled people since I am already am disabled person. I want to date someone who isn't disabled as well. In my opinion two people with disabilities who date and then move in together find extra challenges in the provincial government's eyes especially: get married since it means one or the other (I don't think it's both)-ODSP (if both I think were on it) would get cut back or was it cut off? (Also I want someone to be able to drive me if needed too and I know there are some disabilities where that can't happen).Due I make any sense at all?

    2nd problem-major problem

    I was trying to start fresh and be a new person in a sense. But I just yelled at Mom over the intercom because she wants me to take a walk and I been taking walks (in the same neighbourhoods) for at least THREE weeks if not more and I am absolutely SICK of doing walks and especially all but one of them (er two) of them I have to do on my BLOODY *BACON* OWN. Like I haven't done the "Stair exercises" or even the bike for over half a month or more and I would like to do that instead of going outside for a walk just for a *bacon* change. I have the same 5 routes (7 routes if I have one of the parents) I been walking for over a month and every time I suppose to get a break from it. due to rain it clears the *bacon* up and I'm forced to take yet ANOTHER *BACON* WALK. Like my routes are: walk around the block, twice, go through the 1 subdivision in two different ways, go through a different subdivision, walk on street A, to Street B, down to Street C, fro Street C to Street F, and then back to Street A to get to Street D (home street). The only two walks I don't do on my own is going to the library with Mom if she's dropping off books at the library (And sometimes we might return home together, other times we don't) or walking with Dad around the park across the street to Street P to get to Street A and then go down street A sometimes to street L and then go around Street O and then back to Street L, and then back to Street D.

    The only *bacon* day I got a day off in the past month of not having to do any *bacon* exercise was Monday of LAST week when I had my psychologist assessment and I was frazzled by it.

    But how can you deal with your parent wanting you to walk everyday and you're fed up with walking and would like to do a different kind of exercise like stairs, or even the bike in the basement?

    kikWQMd.jpg
  • DeafSimmerDeafSimmer Posts: 3,463 Member
    I ran into a problem with my ten-generation legacy simlit. In generation 2's story, I didn't handle a subject matter very well, and I've written too many drafts ahead of time. And I removed the drafts, but realized that I don't have an earlier save to fall back on just to redo the chapters. I think I'll reboot the legacy and handle tough things better.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top