Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Yes I agree, I should stop buying the pack's, but at the same time, the game is so lacking, that the only way to add anything, is to buy the pack's, I am wondering if EA & Maxis, made the game this way for a reason, cause without those packs I bought, the game would just stay the same and be empty, and that is probably what they were counting on, so We would buy the packs to add stuff, even though I am waiting for Goth Stuff from day 1.

WHAT??? Sorry, I have zero sympathy for anyone who complains and complains about the game yet keeps buying everything EA shovels out. You have to vote with your wallet. When something new is released, wait for reviews and game play videos, then decide if it's worth buying. Buying every piece of plum only leads to more plum being produced. OF COURSE they made it that way, to get you to spend more money. If you hate it, STOP. Enough is enough!

Might as well be wearing a big sign on one's back that says, "Thank you sir, may I have another?," just asking to be slapped. Sheesh.

I want no ones sympathy nor pity, I was just stating why I bought the packs I did, because the game is too empty without them, I do not complain a lot bout every little thing in the game, the only thing's I ask for is the stuff I need for My type of game play, which is Gothic, that I am still waiting for from day 1, so I do not get where you get the nerve to say I complain a lot, I mostly only agree with other's on certain issue's, to me that is NOT Complaining, have a good day.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I was not attacking you, BlueBlack, nor saying you are asking for sympathy or pity. I was speaking in general terms about people who are disappointed, sad, and unhappy with game features yet buy, buy, buy. Throwing money at half-baked add-ons to a broken game will not make it all better.
  • Options
    I was not attacking you, BlueBlack, nor saying you are asking for sympathy or pity. I was speaking in general terms about people who are disappointed, sad, and unhappy with game features yet buy, buy, buy. Throwing money at half-baked add-ons to a broken game will not make it all better.

I agree with that, but at the same time, I only bought the pack's because without them, the game has nothing by itself, And I was only pointing out , that I am not one of those who complain over ever thing after buying a pack, I happen to like some of the stuff they added, I only have problem's with certain things that was added, that they need to fix, other then that I am good with the game, except for the lack of not having My type of game play, Gothic, :)
  • Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    i think what is most irritating for me is that this game is taking up the spot for the awesome game that should've succeeded the sims 3. it is not (usually) an awful game, it's just not a good game. it's not the stimulating, fun game that deserves to carry on the franchise after the sims 2 and 3. it's an ipaddy game... like sims freeplay... without the free... and usually without the play. it's something dead that's washed up and stinking up the beach so badly that you can't enjoy the apparent, forced sunset on this franchise.

Your probably right bout that, Thank you for sharing your opinion, I hope it made you feel a little better anyway, :)
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    i think what is most irritating for me is that this game is taking up the spot for the awesome game that should've succeeded the sims 3. it is not (usually) an awful game, it's just not a good game. it's not the stimulating, fun game that deserves to carry on the franchise after the sims 2 and 3. it's an ipaddy game... like sims freeplay... without the free... and usually without the play. it's something dead that's washed up and stinking up the beach so badly that you can't enjoy the apparent, forced sunset on this franchise.

Your probably right bout that, Thank you for sharing your opinion, I hope it made you feel a little better anyway, :)

thank you, kind person. i do feel better. although, i have just had a kombucha for lunch and i'm a lightweight... so that's probably helping, too.
  • Options

thank you, kind person. i do feel better. although, i have just had a kombucha for lunch and i'm a lightweight... so that's probably helping, too.

Giggles, Sounds good :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I totally see where you're coming from and I can't disagree with you, but I've bought GT as well, on sale. I have this game and it still leaves me curious, and without content it's just a hollow box imo. Which leaves me two choices: leave it empty and stick with Sims 3 and 2, or wait for sales and fill that box (and still play Sims 3 and 2). I decided to fill it, even when it means I support a game I'm not happy with in general (some changes in the game I will never embrace and will always bother me). Must say buying GT did help, for now at least.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think my 5 biggest issues with TS4 (besides culling/bugs) are:

1. the lack of lifestages (yes, toddlers) and fully fleshed out life stages (teens) and we need more for elders. I'm actually hoping they introduce preteens in the game.

2. Space. I would love to add more venues but there is simply no room, and this is going to be an issue when they keep adding on to the game.

3. Story progression - when my sim leaves the house, I expect the other sims to continue doing what they are doing. Doesn't happen that way.

4. Too much socalizing! I don't think I have to elaborate on that one.

5. Sims are way too emotional and seem 1 dimensional. We need more traits, aspirations, likes/dislikes, etc.
  • Options
    I think my 5 biggest issues with TS4 (besides culling/bugs) are:

1. the lack of lifestages (yes, toddlers) and fully fleshed out life stages (teens) and we need more for elders. I'm actually hoping they introduce preteens in the game.

2. Space. I would love to add more venues but there is simply no room, and this is going to be an issue when they keep adding on to the game.

3. Story progression - when my sim leaves the house, I expect the other sims to continue doing what they are doing. Doesn't happen that way.

4. Too much socalizing! I don't think I have to elaborate on that one.

5. Sims are way too emotional and seem 1 dimensional. We need more traits, aspirations, likes/dislikes, etc.

I totally agree, thank you for sharing, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I totally see where you're coming from and I can't disagree with you, but I've bought GT as well, on sale. I have this game and it still leaves me curious, and without content it's just a hollow box imo. Which leaves me two choices: leave it empty and stick with Sims 3 and 2, or wait for sales and fill that box (and still play Sims 3 and 2). I decided to fill it, even when it means I support a game I'm not happy with in general (some changes in the game I will never embrace and will always bother me). Must say buying GT did help, for now at least.

I also see where you're coming from yet cannot for the life of me imagine personally throwing good money after bad. There are sooooo many other games out there that are great and fun to play. I know some people only play Sims, though.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I also see where you're coming from yet cannot for the life of me imagine personally throwing good money after bad. There are sooooo many other games out there that are great and fun to play. I know some people only play Sims, though.
    Yes, exactly ;) I wish I'd like other games but I don't. I'd love another life simulation kind of game, I'd also love it combined with puzzles and riddles and quests (real good ones, in a The Room or Professor Layton way). Or a Minecraft kind of approach (without the blocks). Alas, such a game does not exist. And another Sims kind of game doesn't exist either.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KlewbossKlewboss Posts: 58 Member
    So much I can say here... Agree that this shouldn't be labeled as T anymore, Is basically Pre-T. Give me more of an M...

I've been playing a lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lately, countless things bother me. The bugs I know is due to the fact it's all online not in disc form so they basically hadn't/hasn't worked out a lot of the bugs because they're lazy, and they still make money and convinced themselves patches will work.

By bugs I mean every time they patch things other things go wrong... like the losing romantic relationship icon when you switch from sim to sim. Everyone stealing my sims drink every time i order at the coffee or drink bar as just hordes of people swarm around it and make it all laggy... (that ones frustrating)
    Or the "marry (insert sim)" when they're already married, which i was under the impression the last patch fixed that, but apparently i missed something.
    So the bugs kill me...

GP and EP aren't really making the game any better, maybe the sim Guru's are having midlife Crises? Why is the constant need for party's and Clubbing and hanging out with Friends so important to them? They're forcefully persuading my sims to become hipsters... not cool Hipster Gurus... Personally that's not what I'm about, so why should they force me to pretend that's what i want to make my sims life about? Why can't i have a happy little family that doesn't want other sims calling me to go clubbing in their late adult hoods. Eventually our sims become old, sure you can take endless amounts of potions of youth, but eventually whats wrong with having them settle down? There's really no settling down, and sure that doesn't sound that pleasing for everyone but it still does for a lot of people. I don't need my sim all of a sudden becoming "bored from not exploring different clubs" and bored with her/his life. He/she doesn't have a say in the matter, Its what I as a player chose to make them.

And I could go on, but its not totally worth letting everything on the table. Guru's don't read these because they're too many, and I can say I'm stuck. I'm invested in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because I Couldn't locate my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 stuff, which is fine I do enjoy the base game a lot and still playing with what i have. Congratulations EA you have me in your pocket shoveling money out of my wallet, but its okay. Don't have really enjoyable hobbies except for the sims. So its still considerably less than a lot of other hobbies.

In the end 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has brought some good things to the table, but I miss toddlers and I miss the CAS just like everyone else, I'm tired of partying and clubbing and clubs.... So its disappointed me a lot, and I have a bad feeling it's going to continue to disappoint me till one day I stop playing because of it. And I have to admit that will be a very sad day for me, hopefully someone can make a better Sim Rip Off, If it was better id buy it in half of a heart beat... Either that or the game makers and Gurus and EA stop trying to still be "young and Hip".... Hipsters.... Can't stand a lot of them....

I'm supposed to be working right now, and look what I did.
    Petition for honesty from EA on subjects like Toddlers, CASt, Open World, Story Progression, OLYMPUS, etc... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844877/petition-for-honesty-and-official-word-from-ea-on-toddlers-story-progression-cast-open-world-etc?new=1
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I played for about an hour today and some things still bother me. Every time you start a new game you have no choice and are automatically ushered into CAS! I have Sims I want to play and I don't want to go into CAS unless I need to.

The standing around on the sidewalk when you start to play or switch to a a new household. I had a household of six all wiggling and agonizing over having to go to the bathroom. I watched and waited and not one of them made a move to head for the house.

A new thing or something I just noticed is the "pick the Sim you want to play" with when you go to a new household. Why can't I just go to the house? Sometimes I pick a Sim who has decided to go out jogging so if I want them to go home I start out with another loading screen.

I noticed I'm getting a lot of bugs in my relationships. I started a game with two unmarried Sims. After just a little bit of rotation I went back and suddenly he's married to someone who isn't even in the game.

Wonder how many more things I'll find if I go over an hour?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Raven_CatRaven_Cat Posts: 74 Member
    TS4 is my first sims game, and personally I'm okay with it. Most of the things that bother everyone else because they've had the previous games, I'm completely apathetic to. The only thing I really want is the story progression because that sounds really awesome. It's kind of annoying how if I want the townie families to continue, I have to tell them to have kids and get married.
  • Options
    Raven_Cat wrote: »
    TS4 is my first sims game, and personally I'm okay with it. Most of the things that bother everyone else because they've had the previous games, I'm completely apathetic to. The only thing I really want is the story progression because that sounds really awesome. It's kind of annoying how if I want the townie families to continue, I have to tell them to have kids and get married.

I am not sure they have to get married, I had families of a couple just living together as BF & GF, they had kids and were happy, that was one of My families, so it can be done, if you do not wish to have your sims marry, :)
  • Options
    Terra wrote: »
    One of the most frustrating things for me is the tone of the Sims 4 PR team. Patch notes are filled with lines of 'jokes' that try to mask the low levels of content. (They even acknowledged this in recent patch notes.) Then they include things in the patch that weren't even included in the notes, like the changes to how adults' and elders' faces look, or relationship culling. But the worst bit is how they pretend that there is no negative feedback for this game. When you go to the Sims Facebook page, the official page only responds to the positive comments. When Dine Out came out, my sister and I were surprised to see that all of the comments on the FB post were positive, since we had been disappointed by this pack's release. However, when you keep scrolling past the first several dozen comments, which all have responses from the page, you see the many, many comments expressing frustration with the pack, which have hundreds of Likes but are ignored by the official team.

From a marketing perspective, it may be easy to see why they make this choice of plastering positivity over all of their PR. But for the many Simmers who are frequently frustrated by this game, it creates a real feeling of disconnect between Maxis and the players. This is exacerbated by the fact that when content comes out with so many bugs, it feels like the developers did not even test play the game and are disconnected from the players' experience. In any other game it wouldn't be acceptable to release a game pack with so many bugs.

The overly peppy tone is so different from that of TS2. The obsessions with partying are also very different than the focal points of Sims 2. The ironing out of the offbeat sides of the Sims franchise began with TS3, but there was such a wealth of content in TS3 with the Store that you could really tailor your game to whatever offbeat flavour you wanted. When you look at games like TS2, the Urbz, Bustin' Out, and TS2 for GBA, it's hard to believe that TS4 is even the same franchise.

That being said, there are still many things I love about TS4 - like many people, it's CAS that keeps me coming back. There are actually plenty of things about Sims 4 that I do like (I personally really enjoy the emotions system, although it really ground my gears that they marketed it as the first time Sims had ever had emotions). But these feelings of frustration and disconnect are a real departure from my previous Sims experiences.

I do not use Twitter nor Facebook so I can only go by your word , I can believe that they try to hide the Negative comment's because they want people to buy the game packs, which to me is sneaky and under handed, I have played the Sim's franchise from Sims 1, so I know the going's on , I just wish that they would tell the truth about the game's pack's instead of telling lies with happy go lucky tales, so the People could really decide for themselves if they want to buy it or not, based on the truth.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I've reinstalled my Sims 3 and been playing that a lot and boy, oh boy, is it different and I'm not just talking in the obvious graphics way. There's so much to do! I don't even have all EPs, only about 3 of them and it's made me play TS4 less and less. Now there are definite things where I'm like "I miss that we have/could do x in TS4" and that's good because that shows that TS4 at least has some progress (the CAS and build mode are brilliant, no lies) but when it boils down to gameplay ding, ding, ding, we have a winner and it's TS3! The sims aren't as empty in TS4, there's no shallow emotions and more traits, lots of job choices and so much more to do. In TS4 it's like every family lives the same life no matter how much you try to switch it up. Also you have to pay attention to needs so much more in TS4 that it just takes up all the time. It sucks that TS3 really is so buggy and the graphics aren't as great, a combination of TS3 and TS4 would be golden.

Let's get on to the emotions. Oh my. I was so excited to see emotions when I started but an hour into gameplay and I very quickly preferred moodlets. I know we have moodlets but they're very emotion orientated and far too strong with their emotional boosts. For instance, as long as your house is nicely decorated your sim will always be happy. Never fine, happy. It would annoy me less if they didn't have that plum grin plastered on their face at all times. Emotions are very easy to manipulate and often pretty annoying. It's far too easy to get out of bad emotions but you often have to stick with positive ones like 'happy', 'inspired' and 'confident'. It's very predictable especially with the traits. If only the traits weren't so emotionally focused maybe our sims would have some depth.

We can only hope it gets better in future patches/EPs, though. Until then I'll enjoy the CAS and building system but hold off on gameplay until it gets better. My sims are withering away with meaningless lives. And can we please have back some form of memory system.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    I've reinstalled my Sims 3 and been playing that a lot and boy, oh boy, is it different and I'm not just talking in the obvious graphics way. There's so much to do! I don't even have all EPs, only about 3 of them and it's made me play TS4 less and less. Now there are definite things where I'm like "I miss that we have/could do x in TS4" and that's good because that shows that TS4 at least has some progress (the CAS and build mode are brilliant, no lies) but when it boils down to gameplay ding, ding, ding, we have a winner and it's TS3! The sims aren't as empty in TS4, there's no shallow emotions and more traits, lots of job choices and so much more to do. In TS4 it's like every family lives the same life no matter how much you try to switch it up. Also you have to pay attention to needs so much more in TS4 that it just takes up all the time. It plum that TS3 really is so buggy and the graphics aren't as great, a combination of TS3 and TS4 would be golden.

Let's get on to the emotions. Oh my. I was so excited to see emotions when I started but an hour into gameplay and I very quickly preferred moodlets. I know we have moodlets but they're very emotion orientated and far too strong with their emotional boosts. For instance, as long as your house is nicely decorated your sim will always be happy. Never fine, happy. It would annoy me less if they didn't have that plum grin plastered on their face at all times. Emotions are very easy to manipulate and often pretty annoying. It's far too easy to get out of bad emotions but you often have to stick with positive ones like 'happy', 'inspired' and 'confident'. It's very predictable especially with the traits. If only the traits weren't so emotionally focused maybe our sims would have some depth.

We can only hope it gets better in future patches/EPs, though. Until then I'll enjoy the CAS and building system but hold off on gameplay until it gets better. My sims are withering away with meaningless lives. And can we please have back some form of memory system.

I totally agree, I had only the base game with pet's that came with it when I started sims 3, because Sims 4 is so bare and the fact that they wont let us buy the discs no more, I went out and bought other packs for Sims 3 and am loving them all, so much more to do in that game, I still play Sims 2 as well, to me they both are a ton better then Sims 4.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm back because right now, I'm even more unhappier than I was the last time I posted in your thread. I haven't installed the patch from the 16th yet, because afraid to do so. The last one broke my walls for my houses. I don't have time to redraw those walls where my Sims live. But that seems to be the going answer but it is only a temp fix and the walls are missing as soon as your reload the game. (no mods or cc). Also, we were promised the townies wouldn't show up in other gender clothes, so far not happened but I gave up the other day when more than ten female Sims showed up on different lots with the male hair. I didn't want it to spread any further. I'm not against the patch as long at it was optional for players and their own townies, but if the game is going to generate Sims outside my power with the cross gender hair etc. then I have a real bug there, too. The bug list in my own game just keeps getting bigger, no matter how many times I reset and repair my game. It's not a good game when it is more trouble to try to fix than play. Sound familiar? I'm thinking of uninstalling again for good and just closing my account here because I liked some of TS4 but this is just getting ridiculous now at it's two years in now, and all that money spent. And I have a feeling working on three years won't see anymore depth and fun than it is now and then just more crazy bugs like missing walls.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Toddlers please
    thank you
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I've reinstalled my Sims 3 and been playing that a lot and boy, oh boy, is it different and I'm not just talking in the obvious graphics way. There's so much to do! I don't even have all EPs, only about 3 of them and it's made me play TS4 less and less. Now there are definite things where I'm like "I miss that we have/could do x in TS4" and that's good because that shows that TS4 at least has some progress (the CAS and build mode are brilliant, no lies) but when it boils down to gameplay ding, ding, ding, we have a winner and it's TS3! The sims aren't as empty in TS4, there's no shallow emotions and more traits, lots of job choices and so much more to do. In TS4 it's like every family lives the same life no matter how much you try to switch it up. Also you have to pay attention to needs so much more in TS4 that it just takes up all the time. It plum that TS3 really is so buggy and the graphics aren't as great, a combination of TS3 and TS4 would be golden.

Ive said this before as well. A combination of both. Ive mentioned in other threads that the partying thing is cool and all but gets old fast for the individuals who like story progression a family ties, me being one of them. I continue to play because the CAS as well as the graphics. Then again the sims 3 still looks great on my laptop with windows 10. I say make the sims 4 its own game and so it doesnt seem exactly the same as 3 add the things we all request but with a different twist or kick or expand more on it. Soms can multitask now use that to,the advantage. Im up-to-date with all packs on 4 and onky have a few on the sims 3 but i still feel like theres more to,do in 3. I do still appreciate 4 as well. I really hope they listen to the fans. I mean with out fans you make no,money
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2016

I think we will never see a proper memory system. If the Sim was culled then what would that do to the other Sim's memory? I guess they would fade away like in Back to the Future where Marty's family is fading away in a photograph? How would it work (it can't) asking them, not you, if I can simply delete mom or dad, what happens to the kid memory of mom and dad? See, they didn't think how important our own Sims are to us. They were thinking 'casual gamer' who likes to delete everyone, start over, drop in a copy, clone and do it again. That's not The Sims to me. That is handy I guess like when my Sim became morbidly too skinny all of a sudden for no reason I just deleted him and plopped him right back (copy) into his house. But 'I' knew it wasn't him and that bothered me. It didn't dawn on Maxis, Sims matter to us. ETA: Instead we got the avatar game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm back because right now, I'm even more unhappier than I was the last time I posted in your thread. I haven't installed the patch from the 16th yet, because afraid to do so. The last one broke my walls for my houses. I don't have time to redraw those walls where my Sims live. But that seems to be the going answer but it is only a temp fix and the walls are missing as soon as your reload the game. (no mods or cc). Also, we were promised the townies wouldn't show up in other gender clothes, so far not happened but I gave up the other day when more than ten female Sims showed up on different lots with the male hair. I didn't want it to spread any further. I'm not against the patch as long at it was optional for players and their own townies, but if the game is going to generate Sims outside my power with the cross gender hair etc. then I have a real bug there, too. The bug list in my own game just keeps getting bigger, no matter how many times I reset and repair my game. It's not a good game when it is more trouble to try to fix than play. Sound familiar? I'm thinking of uninstalling again for good and just closing my account here because I liked some of TS4 but this is just getting ridiculous now at it's two years in now, and all that money spent. And I have a feeling working on three years won't see anymore depth and fun than it is now and then just more crazy bugs like missing walls.

The Gender's and clothes were said not to show up on townies, I do not think that was the case with the hair, since all the hair can now be on both sexes as well, but who knows, I hope that is not the case, If it is only the hair doing that, then I got no problem with that, nope. :)