Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    I tried playing Sims 4 yesterday.I noiticed a big problem, well a feature that was gonrr. It was a tiny aspect,but it did leave a big impact. When you go to see house holds in mangae world. You in the old games would have a discription about the house hold .There story, or something about the members in the family . But now you don't, everything is blank. Nothing out about them, but also a lack of families . All I see mostly in the towns are young adults, don't get me wrong.Some sims huseholds had single sims, or young adult sims. But this was more than ever . Another thing the sims to me were emotional in 3, and 2 .Just play 2 again today for a long time . The facial expressions, and reactions are more meaningful. Sims 3 tone them down, but they still felt expressive
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    prettykidd wrote: »
    I tried to edit a post and I ended up just posting it again... sorry. I don't know how to fix this.

It is okay no problem, :)
    I tried playing Sims 4 yesterday.I noiticed a big problem, well a feature that was gonrr. It was a tiny aspect,but it did leave a big impact. When you go to see house holds in mangae world. You in the old games would have a discription about the house hold .There story, or something about the members in the family . But now you don't, everything is blank. Nothing out about them, but also a lack of families . All I see mostly in the towns are young adults, don't get me wrong.Some sims huseholds had single sims, or young adult sims. But this was more than ever . Another thing the sims to me were emotional in 3, and 2 .Just play 2 again today for a long time . The facial expressions, and reactions are more meaningful. Sims 3 tone them down, but they still felt expressive

So true, :)

Sorry your having problem's, hope game get's better for you, thank you for sharing.
    Noogster wrote: »
    I tried to edit a post and I ended up just posting it again... sorry. I don't know how to fix this.

There's a little cog in the top right corner of the post. Edit it quickly and put brackets saying something like "[double post]" or something.

Thank you for your help on that, much appreciated.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member

The bio will only be blank if they are not a founding household or if no description has been included for them when loaded to the Gallery.

There are two ways to see a household's bio. At the top of the page when in map view click on "Manage Households" and that will bring up a screen of several players. Filter through to get the one you want (ie. played/unplayed and world/not in world) and once you have them click on the household picture and if there is a bio it will be on the right.

The other and possibly simpler way, is from map view click on the household you want to know about and in the bottom left corner you will see a household thumbnail and an icon that looks like two sims. Click on the icon and a bio will pop up. You can also see where your Sim is by clicking on their thumbnail here. Especially handy if you have multiple members and want to track one down who is out and about.
    Thank you all for your post's, I am glad that you can type here and I hope it helps you feel much better to get it all off your chests, instead of keeping it all bound up inside, Just Remember to keep it civil and Peaceful, thank you.
    I am worried that I won't have the time to get to know what the Dine out pack is about before the stuff pack come's out , now that they are both suppose to come out in the same month, I am also worried that We won't be getting the Bunk Bed's that is really needed in the Sims 4 game from that Kid's pack, I can only hope that is a good pack, and not one that will make me sad, But I guess I have to wait in see, instead of getting worried and making myself ill with fear about it.
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    I agree that previous sims games that did not have the emotion concept seen in the TS4 ironically had more emotion than these new "smarter sims" do. The graphics and animations in this game are nice (albeit repetitive) but lack depth as others have been saying. I doubt the emotion system will get a proper overhaul during the length of this series so at the very least I hope for more emotions - fear being one that I think was mistakenly left out of the base game. When the sim's house catches fire they shouldn't just be "tense" or "uncomfortable", IMO they should be afraid. I hope if they add seasons, sims can be fearful during strong storms or natural disasters (if they decide to work that in), especially if they have a cowardly trait.
    (I remember in TS3 I could not get Jocasta Bachelor to garden at night because she was a coward, and there was not enough light! That is a good way of representing her trait/personality during gameplay)
    More emotions would be a way to compromise for the system's general lack of depth or at least it would give us more variety.

Biggest issue I have with the game is the general lack of options, as @Vagenius was saying. Not enough traits, aspirations, or career options are my top ones. If you are going to make the aspirations so quest based, at least have plenty of options so as not to feel bored with sims who share the same aspiration. The sims are supposed to be unique, but I've found that if anything, my sims are less unique in this iteration.
    I still play the game though, because I'll always play the sims games (I know that may seem problematic) as I grew up these games and have always found something I enjoyed about them. I sincerely hope the team listens to the community, especially for the rest of this year because I feel they are running out of time to make the necessary changes for much of their fanbase to stick around. I know a lot of simmers put a great deal of time into organizing ideas and options to add into TS4. What more could you ask of the community? I think the Sims community is a great group of people who genuinely love their game, that's why these threads exist.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigh bugs still love me. I launch the game and experience a few. Thankfully they are just visual issues, but still makes me feel bad having to bother the Gurus about them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

Don't be sorry. Bet every single one of us has done it at some point. Welcome to the forums!!!
  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    TS4 for me is just kinda boring :/ I could never get into the actual game. The sims seemed flat, and there was nothing for them to do. Also, with the way they treated family players, I don't rlly have respect for the company now (though, because of the new gender options, that respect is coming back...). But yeah. like other people on here, I was just kinda dissatisfied with the content of the game. It almost seemed like a regression, instead of a succession.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    @BlueBlack007 Thanks for making the thread.

I really miss that feeling I got when I thought about playing the Sims. TS4 feels souless to me. I know that's probably a weird way of putting it. I've mentioned that I love the CAS, but once they leave CAS, they morphed into being a copy of every other Sim in live mode. The bugs I'm having right now, I'm just not even motivated to report any longer because it feels like that's all I'm doing and then being addressed like I'm the one who's causing the issues. I've completely gotten rid of all my mods so that couldn't be an excuse to why I'm having trouble with the game.

The last patch messed up my game. One, my created Sims (some of them) will not keep the hair I've assigned to them in live mode. Two, CAS issues. I'll actually post screenshots so you see what I'm saying. I have no filters options, everything was available all at once. This is what it looked like when I first got into CAS since the patch, this is the stock Sim that was chosen for me, I hadn't done anything.

2469bmp.jpg

rstt88.jpg

24lu7w7.jpg

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Baenre Did you try Repair Game?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @Baenre - that's a mod conflict. Most likely one of the CC Wrench mods, but could also be More CAS Columns. I haven't checked for updates yet today, but when I do, I'll post any here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp?new=1
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @JoAnne65 I did do repair, it didn't fix it.

@luthienrising I have no mods at all. I took the entire folder out as I do for patches, there are no mods installed in these screenshots. Is it possible that having the CC Wrench previously left an effect on my game? If so that means that I have to start a brand new game.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My latest discovery is that the interaction "Hook up with..." is really, excessively, powerful. I had one Sim tell his friend that she should "Hook up with" another Sim who lived in his house. She says she'll introduce herself to him. The next notification I get is that the two of them have gone out on a date -- even though his housemate is still in the room and hasn't left the house. And then they're boyfriend and girlfriend! I was hoping for a boost to friendship with maybe a romantic interest, but this was crazy. I'm surprised they didn't get married.

My problem is that when I play TS2, I really miss the look of TS4 Sims, and the ability to give them outfits that they'll change into themselves. And I miss being able to send them out into the neighborhood, even if it isn't a full open world.

But there are so many annoyances with TS4 -- my current Sim's great-grandparents are still alive, but they're not on her family tree and she could marry her great-grandfather if she wanted. Whenever I try to have two Sims become enemies, they keep wanting to have friendly interactions with the Sim who just insulted them and threw a drink in their face. And when they watch a movie it's 50-50 whether they'll laugh and cry at the appropriate places. I miss toddlers and I miss the full-blown personality they had as soon as they spun around.

I want to love the game, and I keep trying to create a playstyle that will enable me to do that. But I can't help remembering that with TS1, 2, and 3, I just...played.
    Baenre wrote: »

@luthienrising I have no mods at all. I took the entire folder out as I do for patches, there are no mods installed in these screenshots. Is it possible that having the CC Wrench previously left an effect on my game? If so that means that I have to start a brand new game.

It might have left info behind, though I haven't seen reports of that. Try refreshing the gameplay folder:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

If that doesn't help, I'd do a computer restart before Repair Game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

It might have left info behind, though I haven't seen reports of that. Try refreshing the gameplay folder:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

If that doesn't help, I'd do a computer restart before Repair Game.

Okay, thank you. I'll try that.
    @Baenre - Let me know what helps? Someone else is bound to hit the same leftover-from-the-mod issue sometime.
    Allison18 wrote: »
    I agree that previous sims games that did not have the emotion concept seen in the TS4 ironically had more emotion than these new "smarter sims" do. The graphics and animations in this game are nice (albeit repetitive) but lack depth as others have been saying. I doubt the emotion system will get a proper overhaul during the length of this series so at the very least I hope for more emotions - fear being one that I think was mistakenly left out of the base game. When the sim's house catches fire they shouldn't just be "tense" or "uncomfortable", IMO they should be afraid. I hope if they add seasons, sims can be fearful during strong storms or natural disasters (if they decide to work that in), especially if they have a cowardly trait.
    (I remember in TS3 I could not get Jocasta Bachelor to garden at night because she was a coward, and there was not enough light! That is a good way of representing her trait/personality during gameplay)
    More emotions would be a way to compromise for the system's general lack of depth or at least it would give us more variety.

Biggest issue I have with the game is the general lack of options, as @Vagenius was saying. Not enough traits, aspirations, or career options are my top ones. If you are going to make the aspirations so quest based, at least have plenty of options so as not to feel bored with sims who share the same aspiration. The sims are supposed to be unique, but I've found that if anything, my sims are less unique in this iteration.
    I still play the game though, because I'll always play the sims games (I know that may seem problematic) as I grew up these games and have always found something I enjoyed about them. I sincerely hope the team listens to the community, especially for the rest of this year because I feel they are running out of time to make the necessary changes for much of their fanbase to stick around. I know a lot of simmers put a great deal of time into organizing ideas and options to add into TS4. What more could you ask of the community? I think the Sims community is a great group of people who genuinely love their game, that's why these threads exist.

I Totally Agree 100%, thank you for your post, :)
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sigh bugs still love me. I launch the game and experience a few. Thankfully they are just visual issues, but still makes me feel bad having to bother the Gurus about them.

Aw , I am sorry your having problem's in game, I do hope they fix them for ya.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Aw , I am sorry your having problem's in game, I do hope they fix them for ya.
    Thank you and yeah I get the odd bugs from incest to culling. The Sims 4 hates me sometimes. Thankfully these two are just visual issues.
    06-06-16_4-27-40nbspAM_zps9sncxqga.png
    06-06-16_2-01-29nbspAM_zpskymzuysa.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Kandy wrote: »
    TS4 for me is just kinda boring :/ I could never get into the actual game. The sims seemed flat, and there was nothing for them to do. Also, with the way they treated family players, I don't rlly have respect for the company now (though, because of the new gender options, that respect is coming back...). But yeah. like other people on here, I was just kinda dissatisfied with the content of the game. It almost seemed like a regression, instead of a succession.

I am glad that I am not the only one who thought the game has gone backwards, thanks, :)
    @BlueBlack007 Thanks for making the thread.

I really miss that feeling I got when I thought about playing the Sims. TS4 feels souless to me. I know that's probably a weird way of putting it. I've mentioned that I love the CAS, but once they leave CAS, they morphed into being a copy of every other Sim in live mode. The bugs I'm having right now, I'm just not even motivated to report any longer because it feels like that's all I'm doing and then being addressed like I'm the one who's causing the issues. I've completely gotten rid of all my mods so that couldn't be an excuse to why I'm having trouble with the game.

The last patch messed up my game. One, my created Sims (some of them) will not keep the hair I've assigned to them in live mode. Two, CAS issues. I'll actually post screenshots so you see what I'm saying. I have no filters options, everything was available all at once. This is what it looked like when I first got into CAS since the patch, this is the stock Sim that was chosen for me, I hadn't done anything.

2469bmp.jpg

rstt88.jpg

24lu7w7.jpg

Your so Welcome, I thought the same way, I even made a Souless character, :)