Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Okay I just saw the trailer for the New Kids Pack coming out the 28th, though the items and clothes and such look okay, there is one Item that I did not see in there which won't make Me a happy camper if it is not in there, and that is The Bunk Bed's, there better be Bunk Bed's in that pack, or the whole world will hear My Scream!!!! , :( .
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    Bunk beds save space but so far playing generational with lots of kids doesn't appeal to me in this game. So I'll be fine with one kid in a single bed for my sims that will stay a kid forever - he'll be called Peter - and enjoy that awesome puppet theatre :# (which is something new in this game I think?)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm back because right now, I'm even more unhappier than I was the last time I posted in your thread. I haven't installed the patch from the 16th yet, because afraid to do so. The last one broke my walls for my houses. I don't have time to redraw those walls where my Sims live. But that seems to be the going answer but it is only a temp fix and the walls are missing as soon as your reload the game. (no mods or cc). Also, we were promised the townies wouldn't show up in other gender clothes, so far not happened but I gave up the other day when more than ten female Sims showed up on different lots with the male hair. I didn't want it to spread any further. I'm not against the patch as long at it was optional for players and their own townies, but if the game is going to generate Sims outside my power with the cross gender hair etc. then I have a real bug there, too. The bug list in my own game just keeps getting bigger, no matter how many times I reset and repair my game. It's not a good game when it is more trouble to try to fix than play. Sound familiar? I'm thinking of uninstalling again for good and just closing my account here because I liked some of TS4 but this is just getting ridiculous now at it's two years in now, and all that money spent. And I have a feeling working on three years won't see anymore depth and fun than it is now and then just more crazy bugs like missing walls.

The Gender's and clothes were said not to show up on townies, I do not think that was the case with the hair, since all the hair can now be on both sexes as well, but who knows, I hope that is not the case, If it is only the hair doing that, then I got no problem with that, nope. :)

That's o.k. but I did, lol. I saw all these Sims showing up in my restaurants with the male hairstyles. Some are very cute, but grandma didn't look too good with a male hairstyle that has the buzzed off sideburns in one of them. I decided I would go see how many were generating those hairstyles and I stopped counting my homeless Sims and I stopped counting at ten. These were newly generated Sims I guess so it seems that was going to be the way it is going to go.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I'm back because right now, I'm even more unhappier than I was the last time I posted in your thread. I haven't installed the patch from the 16th yet, because afraid to do so. The last one broke my walls for my houses. I don't have time to redraw those walls where my Sims live. But that seems to be the going answer but it is only a temp fix and the walls are missing as soon as your reload the game. (no mods or cc). Also, we were promised the townies wouldn't show up in other gender clothes, so far not happened but I gave up the other day when more than ten female Sims showed up on different lots with the male hair. I didn't want it to spread any further. I'm not against the patch as long at it was optional for players and their own townies, but if the game is going to generate Sims outside my power with the cross gender hair etc. then I have a real bug there, too. The bug list in my own game just keeps getting bigger, no matter how many times I reset and repair my game. It's not a good game when it is more trouble to try to fix than play. Sound familiar? I'm thinking of uninstalling again for good and just closing my account here because I liked some of TS4 but this is just getting ridiculous now at it's two years in now, and all that money spent. And I have a feeling working on three years won't see anymore depth and fun than it is now and then just more crazy bugs like missing walls.

The Gender's and clothes were said not to show up on townies, I do not think that was the case with the hair, since all the hair can now be on both sexes as well, but who knows, I hope that is not the case, If it is only the hair doing that, then I got no problem with that, nope. :)

That's o.k. but I did, lol. I saw all these Sims showing up in my restaurants with the male hairstyles. Some are very cute, but grandma didn't look too good with a male hairstyle that has the buzzed off sideburns in one of them. I decided I would go see how many were generating those hairstyles and I stopped counting my homeless Sims and I stopped counting at ten. These were newly generated Sims I guess so it seems that was going to be the way it is going to go.

Yup Think so, :)
  • LifeSimLifeSim Posts: 139 Member
    *toddlers
    * tweens
    * sexual orientation (optional)
    * gender identity (optional)
    * religion (optional)
    *everything should be available for males and females sims no matter the age (everything in cas)
    * vehicles
    * transportation
    * more options in cas
    * free world (open world)
    * create a world
    * create a style
    * color wheel
    * polygamy/polyamory/polyamorous/polygamous
    * multiple, many relationships
    *girls should be able to have facial hair
    *townies should be randomized with the new update match (optional)
    *more cas options and build mode
    *apartments
    *pets
    *seasons
    *more building options like types of lots
    *hotels
    *new buildings
    *more jobs
    *school: public, private, online, college, university, academy
    *more cas options and building options basically
    *tweens and toddlers!
    *difference in height!
    *amount of stories in a house
    *seasons
    *more family play!
    *animals/pets!
    *new skills
    *style looks and styled rooms

Optional:
    sexual orientation (choose what gender your sim will like or type it) (optional in settings not forced! dont have to use)
    gender idenity (choose what gender your sim will like or type it) (optional in settings not forced! dont have to use) (choose what gender your sim is and doesn't have to be male or female)
    religion (type it in settings, optional, on/off switch!)

It should be an optional patch update or an update patch but it's hidden in the settings
    It should be a text box where you type it in :)

I wish they would honestly do a:
    *survey
    *poll
    *quiz
    *test
    *actually check out the sims 4 ideas corner on this forum
    *check website, app, social media

I feel like they know what we want. They need to know this is a life simulation/simulator game. Most fans want all the past games (the sims 1, 2, and 3) packs/game combined. They want family play.

Pros:
    *Create A Sim is more advanced and easier
    *Building is quite easier
    *New emotion system
    *Better Graphics (kinda)

Cons:
    *no important features fans wanted
    *missing fans requests

I wanted the sims 4 to be all the other games and their packs combined with fans request combined too and ea's requests too.
    everyone is different not similar <3
  • littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    In my opinion, TS4 has a great potential to be the best if not very enjoyable in the sims series. However, everytime something is holding it back from being good. I guess that's mostly because they rushed out the game ( pools, toddlers and cars missing in the game). Hence, it is difficult to make some new things compatible with the current game engine ( at least that's what I think). In other words, they don't seem to have a great foundation to build some great new additions (gameplay). I don't mind the closed worlds, I get uesd to it now. But there's so much in TS4 that could be improved (adding burglers, firefighters, school bus, etc). Maybe in the future, they can add big worlds (bigger than windenburg), toodlers so that everybody can happily move on and more recolor for clothing and objects. Happy Simming hopefully :wink:
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
    All sounds wonderful but all those items and such could of gone on My Item's Sims 4 Needs, Not My Not so happy with Sims 4 post, but no problem, it all sounds good just the same, thanks for sharing, :)
    I am waiting for this so called Kids Bedroom pack to arrive , only to feel like I am so going to get disappointed yet again, because I got a HUGE Feeling that Bunk Bed's are not in it, :(.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am waiting for this so called Kids Bedroom pack to arrive , only to feel like I am so going to get disappointed yet again, because I got a HUGE Feeling that Bunk Bed's are not in it, :(.

Me too... I'm kind of scared/excited. I want so bad for there to be more things for children, teens and babies but... I feel like we keep getting things we don't ask for. But watching the playthrough on Twitch got me excited for the pack... Still... you just never know and this is the first sims game I've felt that way with. With TS3 and TS2 you were just excited... with TS4 you just don't know what you're getting
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited June 2016

Me too... I'm kind of scared/excited. I want so bad for there to be more things for children, teens and babies but... I feel like we keep getting things we don't ask for. But watching the playthrough on Twitch got me excited for the pack... Still... you just never know and this is the first sims game I've felt that way with. With TS3 and TS2 you were just excited... with TS4 you just don't know what you're getting

Exactly, I feel like We get stuff that is already in the dang game like Same beds, plants, hair and such, they could not give us new hair? they had to revamp old ones? that is just lame to me, I want longer better styled hair like I have seen in CC, why can't they do hair like those? they look so good, I can not use CC, so I have to rely on them adding hair, ug.
    P.S. I just Cringe every time I hear or see that another Pack is coming out, cause so far they have not been at all what I Like to see, for styles I like.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

Start screaming. I believe no bunk beds.
    Gruffman wrote: »

Start screaming. I believe no bunk beds.

I did not say I would Scream, but thanks for letting Me know My Gut was right, now I can pout until the next pack finally comes out.
    Okay I just saw the trailer for the New Kids Pack coming out the 28th, though the items and clothes and such look okay, there is one Item that I did not see in there which won't make Me a happy camper if it is not in there, and that is The Bunk Bed's, there better be Bunk Bed's in that pack, or the whole world will hear My Scream!!!! , :( .

I thought the whole world would hear you scream if there were no bunk beds.
    Gruffman wrote: »

I thought the whole world would hear you scream if there were no bunk beds.

Yes I did say that , But I had changed my mind after I had posted it, cause Sims 4 just is not worth it to me no more to get upset every time.
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    The lack of in-depth game play is a real issue. Everything that gets added seems like sugar coating, delightful to look at and exciting to play through... but then I'm left with nothing. What I can't figure out is if it is simply because it is only a few packs in and more content will alleviate this or if it really is just a simple game.

This is a big problem for me too. When I first started playing The Sims, I had only the base games for TS2 and TS3, and I played with just the base games for years. It was maybe three years before I bought my first expansion pack. It was only in the months before buying that first expansion pack that I really started to get bored with TS2 and TS3 the way I get bored with TS4.

I loved the drama and relationships and the stories between all of the premade sims in TS2, and I loved the beautiful open worlds and the abundance of customisation options in TS3. I loved the way families interacted in both games.

I feel like TS4 is starting to go in the right direction, but it still feels like it's lacking in depth. I'm hoping that future packs will enable the game to captivate me like TS2 and TS3 did.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Huh. This thread hasn't gone down in flames yet. Nice.

:cookie:
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    Huh. This thread hasn't gone down in flames yet. Nice.

:cookie:

Why would it? if people talk out their problems and not bash and such, then there should be no problem with My post,:)
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    ravamaile wrote: »
    It's time accept that The Sims 4 will never be a full game, no matter how many packs added. It was meant to be an online game, an advanced interactive chat. Online players themselves were meant to provide gameplay with all their romances and fights, not AI. It is just so sad that Maxis attempted to create something like Second Life and failed. The should have thought about the fail of The Sims Online or about us, players. A common Sims player does not want to share his world with another players, he wants to be the one and only god for his sims.

i agree. it is a miserable failure of a game imho. it should've been a no brainer to just took what worked in ts2 and in ts3 and merge those things into a better supported, less buggy game. but no. they decided to try and save some money by building on top of their already failed vesuvius olympus game... hoping to make it run on microtransactions, which they also ultimately dismantled.

unfortunately, i think the sunset has set on the franchise, but i do hope somebody eventually will wrestle its corpse away from them and resurrect it. fortunately, there are some glimmers of hope for new, upcoming life simulation games. the following game isn't exactly there, yet and isn't my cup of tea visually, but there are at least some developers looking at creating life simulation games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRK93FKRLoQ
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i am currently "playing" again TS4 because i bought GT & DO & because i finally got to retail for the first time since GTW
    & nothing really changed since the last time i went away in september 2015, it's still the same problematic game
    it's still the same feeling that this game could have been so great but there are simply way too many things wrong with it

i will be playing for a while still but DO is for me the last pack i bought as it was released
    the direction this game is going is irreversible meantime, nothing can save it
    i care meantime so little for those sims, just some maintanance work & the boredom of 40 not working traits

but one sim i've been playing today indeed watered the plants she wished for to have in her garden all on her own - what a surprise !
    on the other hand - several sims got culled from my game, newly set in & also those which were since several saves in the game
    cruel, just relentlessly cruel :confused:

i need just a little longer & then i am back to TS3 ... again

what a pitty
    TS4 is not potential, it's a big regret

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    i am currently "playing" again TS4 because i bought GT & DO & because i finally got to retail for the first time since GTW
    & nothing really changed since the last time i went away in september 2015, it's still the same problematic game
    it's still the same feeling that this game could have been so great but there are simply way too many things wrong with it

i will be playing for a while still but DO is for me the last pack i bought as it was released
    the direction this game is going is irreversible meantime, nothing can save it
    i care meantime so little for those sims, just some maintanance work & the boredom of 40 not working traits

but one sim i've been playing today indeed watered the plants she wished for to have in her garden all on her own - what a surprise !
    on the other hand - several sims got culled from my game, newly set in & also those which were since several saves in the game
    cruel, just relentlessly cruel :confused:

i need just a little longer & then i am back to TS3 ... again

what a pitty
    TS4 is not potential, it's a big regret

One of the Gurus is asking for saves that have culling in them. He made a list of what shouldn't be going on.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892376/relationship-culling-has-led-to-baby-neglect/p1
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    I've got another one to voice.

whiz%20kid_zpslqzh1saa.jpg

I got a thread up in general about this.

My little tyke is a Whiz Kid. He is on the final stage of the aspiration. The top thing he has to do to complete the Whiz-Kid is Achieve an A in school 0/5. It wasn't ever 0/5, it was just achieve an A in school. How are you supposed to achieve an A in school 5 times? Go to school for 5 consecutive days as an A student? Drop down to a B grade and then go back to being an A student. Why was it even changed to begin with? I don't recall seeing any notes to it being changed ... but it is 0/5. Really?

I will wait to see what happens with this after he gets that first A in school ... but I won't use the Whiz Kid aspiration again like this.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    To add from the obvious others have already mentioned; I would really like for them to get rid of the emotion system and return to where traits, fears, favorites, etc would dominate the Sim's personality and how they act out in the world. CAS is amazing, but once your Sim leaves CAS, they get "re-educated" and become a member of the hivemind in the world, a la ControlNet. Also the socializing system is more problematic for me. Going out on dates often leaves my Sims in an awkward encounter because another Sim just sits with them, gets into their flirty conversation and it all goes downhill from there. You can't just cancel the 3rd Sim in the conversation, you have to cancel out of the entire conversation. And if you try to start talking to your date again, that 3rd Sim is still locked into the conversation with your date (or with whatever Sim you wish to speak to) so you're back into the group conversation.

My relationships don't register correctly. I had Sims fall in love, their friendship bar is very high as is their romance bar, and all that's there is "just friends" in their relationship panel. Another couple who is married, their panel states they are acquaintances even though they are married and have full relationships in both romance and friendship, with whims to get engaged to each other. Also the family tree seems to cut off at immediate blood relatives. Spouses of Uncles or Aunts don't register as family and several generations don't recognize their ancestor grandparents. I know in my culture, spouses of our Uncles and Aunts are recognized as Uncles and Aunts too. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or just the game. Our family ghost who wasn't officially in the household, but their urn was there, didn't transfer with the family during the move. I tried different ways like putting it in one of my Sims' inventory to make sure it's coming, but the Urn is blank and the family ghost is in the abyss.

I really wish there were faithful or loyalty traits added into the CAS or something. I'm so sick of the string of romantic interests my intended "Family" Sims have when I come back to their household. :(

Why no slow dancing option with all the big socializing and party aspect of this installment? Or even friendly dancing together. Sims dance together but their version of "together" is just being in close proximity of each other and facing away from the other, and then turning their head like and owl and have a conversation.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    One of the Gurus is asking for saves that have culling in them. He made a list of what shouldn't be going on.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892376/relationship-culling-has-led-to-baby-neglect/p1
    i don't have babies in my game, i barely play something like families
    the devs don't care for culled townies, the game works there as intended
    they are just asking for rotational baby culling
    i prevent that by not playing that way at all :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA