Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,096 Member
    edited April 16
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Oh, hello, you're not Father Winter:
    ehaYH5z.png

Oh, my did I miss an update? Who died? :open_mouth:

@GalacticGal We are due a festive update and this is someone major to my story. I'm still contemplating whether or not to go with it or roll back a save.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 16
    Into every Gamer's life some patches must fall...

z4Xc2wH.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,871 Member
    edited April 16
    @Ellupelluellu @BlueSeaWaves @luciusstorm @RedDestiny92 @GalacticGal Thank you all🙂 Londyn is touched by your support. She won't be placing her tile on Starlight Boulevard until Danielle gets her's. She's really close so it could happen any time.

@BlueSeaWaves Oh Pico, how could you do that to mama?😛
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,599 Member
    Oh, hello, you're not Father Winter:
    ehaYH5z.png

Oh, my did I miss an update? Who died? :open_mouth:

@GalacticGal We are due a festive update and this is someone major to my story. I'm still contemplating whether or not to go with it or roll back a save.

I had MCCC set to disable death by laughter. Only to find one of my household dying of it. :open_mouth: This is the day before the wedding, too. I contemplated what I might do, but since I set MCCC again and I needed to exit for it to take, if you will, which I couldn't do in the middle of things, I had a few thoughts cross my mind. Plead, or hand over a Death Flower. I did the latter, but if the newly revived Sim doesn't last but a few moments (I've had that happen before) then you can bet your boots I'll roll back!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @Caerfinon Thank you for my Afternoon Chuckle. I sure needed that. I replaced my save with a copy of the backup and everybody in my game who wears cc hair are no longer bald. Thank the Maker. However, when I grabbed the upgraded MCCC, I thought I had slid my MC_settings.cfg. file over to it, which holds all of my settings, but apparently something went wrong. After experiencing death by laughter not once but twice in one gaming session, and I lost Erik's only sister and her husband, Spock. I didn't need to experience it again. Until it's toned down, I'll keep it disabled. Well, I lost another Sim. I reset MCCC, but we have to exit the game for some settings, which I wasn't able to do in the middle of things. A Death Flower revived the deceased, but in my past experiences, revived Sims don't live very long after their revival, so, if I lose this Sim, I will roll back.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    Currently playing offline, but I don't think there are many broken mods right now. Luna and Selene are due to become children soon! I was thinking of including them as characters in my royal save, so I'll play the family for a few more days before saving them to the Gallery once the game's updated.
    The vet clinic is still going well, but it can be difficult trying to work out how to get a 5-star one. Maybe it's just that I've got more experience with restaurants. I'm thinking of getting the Dine Out Reloaded mod for the Mastersons, so Erytheia and Xanthe can run their own restaurant and be involved as chefs. Since they've got maxed out Cooking and Gourmet Cooking, the food should always be great quality!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,445 Member
    @Ellupelluellu He’ll get used to it 😁

@GalacticGal Oof that mid line crisis tasks, I forgot which of my sims got it too, said nope. Lol yes coffee is the best thing to wake up to. Sweet bonding times between your husband and pets ☺️

@Brd709 Ooof not on winterfest Grim!

@Caerfinon Not bad Jon 👌 but Jac’s household his rules

@Lucy_Henley Good luck reaching 5 stars, you’ll get there

@DaniRose2143 He’s mostly a good boy, but he has his moments 😆

Forgot to mention this, Alexis rolled this want. Not really sure how to proceed since I usually let their wants guide them what to do next
    6ztZroB.png
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,645 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves... and this is why I have Wants turned off and mods to ensure that they go away and never, ever bother me. Ever.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,445 Member
    @luciusstorm I'd consider it but not sure how else to have them get points for lifetime reward traits without cheating them. Really came out of left field
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, curiously I end up the opposite problem... my main characters each have something like 10,000+ points after I've bought almost every trait I was remotely interested in them having. That might just be me playing with aging off...
  • Options
    edited April 17
    @BLueSeaWaves I really don't like the wants system. Like @luciusstorm they're off and stay off. And for the record, don't do it Alexis. Please, don't do that.🥹

I have another quick makeover to share with you all. And I have something fun to share too! I'll start with Summer's turn in the salon. The story is going back in time so I used Summer's teen hairstyle.
    MXHEU8G.png
    1EDtK7v.png
    dnKbrSa.jpg

The something fun, there will be a prologue before the new Tartosan Sun. We're going to University with Danielle, Summer, and Liberty. I'm going to do it as a short story. I still have some details to work out. I may have Londyn get a degree. I also see her as a grinder too. She takes acting classes and does theater until she gets her break. She pays the bills with odd jobs and side hustles.

I'm not going to wait until the new forum opens to do this one. I don't know if I'll share it here, in the Tartosan Sun thread, or start a new thread. It'll be small updates, not large chapters wherever I decide to post it. When the new story starts there will be a small time jump. A few months, a year at most.

I've only sent a sim to University once before, a long time ago. I can't remember if sims can still be teens when they start or if they have to age up to young adults? If they can be teens I have teenage versions of Danielle, Summer, and Liberty. I made these right after HSY released so they would need some updating. Especially Liberty.
    UDucB5b.png
    s9ALivN.png
    baP4urL.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited April 17
    @BlueSeaWaves Just because they break up doesn't mean they will forever STAY broken up....

(those two kinda do have an on again, off again, thing going don't they?)

Btw do you use aspirations when you play? The points you get for the aspiration tasks and milestones are much more than the points for fulfilling wants.
    Successful holidays count for a lot too, if you have seasons
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,909 Member
    Emmeline Sterling-Rico is back with a little update :)

"Mommy!"
    Nothing like having your mom come to stay, when you first become a mom yourself
    03-12-24-8-32-58-PM.png

Even if it means you have to sleep on an air mattress in the living room because you gave your parents your bed for the week
    03-12-24-8-37-31-PM.png

They are forgiven because they brought Emmeline's baby sister Alaina along, a toddler now and so cute! (and she gave Abram an excuse to cook pizza)
    03-12-24-8-42-49-PM.png

That night though...
    Who is this appearing in the hallway?
    03-12-24-8-50-34-PM.png

And striding in as if she owns the place?
    03-12-24-8-50-45-PM.png

AAH I'M SO EXCITED
    My first ever vampire breakin!!
    03-12-24-8-51-03-PM.png

Emmeline woke up partway through but couldn't do anything. Like, couldn't take any actions. She just had to watch, frozen in horror
    03-12-24-8-52-39-PM.png

All she could do was comfort her husband after it was over
    03-12-24-8-55-52-PM.png

"I hope your alien blood makes her get sick, pass out on the pavement, and die a slow agonizing death when the sun comes up."
    "That's disturbingly specific, but I appreciate the sentiment."

At least there was someone to mind the little blue babies while all this was going on. I don't think Alaina slept during the entire stayover? Maybe not?
    03-12-24-8-57-10-PM.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves she did end up too cute, she wonders when mama will get that but is patient, even as a tot. Troy can't help himself he is both reasonably sensitive and completely over-dramatic he also is the type to ruin his own bits of good. hmm Pico also seems to have a flair for dramatics :D Truthfully you can completely ignore it, it is just an option to consider but if you feel she might go for it then it might be worth considering story wise. Maybe it's a sign things would be better if they lived together.
    @Ellupelluellu they really do, I know I still am not over it love this pose heh.
    @GalacticGal :)
    @DaniRose2143 sure thing, can't wait to see them place their tiles together, nice makeovers honestly I didn't know teens could start uni lol but maybe it hasn't changed.

Now as it goes I need a test place to hang out while waiting for any sudden bugs to pop up so I have started a new save.
    KwlkOY0h.png
    my newlyweds, so new I don't remember both their names, but think I'll have a little short legacy with them.
    Xb7MS4mh.png
    And their cat, I think his name is Brady, but who knows neeeeew.

k bye
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,943 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    Love their teen looks, will be really interesting to read. :)
    @mightysprite ,
    have you had vampires for long? At least in some point I got break ins in SM apartments pretty often (I admit not with my current sim, but she is former max level vampire herself, removed via fast cheats, so im not sure all there was from her being vampire is gone) . Almost never in normal, regular lots. Great update :)
    @RedDestiny92 ,
    but who knows neeeeew
    Hey hey, name of the kitty is important!!! :p And such a cute one too!
    Of course joking here, but I am a (crazy)catlady myself :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 644 Member
    It's vitally important that scientific progress has some moral guardrails...

3bANv6P.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    edited April 17
    @DaniRose2143, love their younger looks. Now I'm both looking forward to this and struggling with the multiverse of it all. :) I'll get over it.

@Caerfinon, work friends can be fun.

New chapter of Raven's Apprentice is up for anyone interested...
    aWlFNTu.png

... and let me just say, I'm really pleased with this picture. Actually getting a flock of ravens (they're CC I eventually found online obviously) was an interesting challenge.
  • Options
    edited April 17
    @mightysprite I forgot to thank you for your kind words about Londyn. I'm so sorry.❤️

@luciusstorm Thank you.😊 Unfortunately their teen selves won't be in this new story. It would take too long to play through high school. I'm 'cheating' them skills, values, and grades they would have had. I never age kids or teens up until they're 'A' students and have max character values. This is just speeding things up. This little University story is in the same multiverse, it just starts a few years sooner on the Tartosan Sun timeline.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you❤️

• Options
    @DaniRose2143, full confession... as you know, there is a strong part of me that is really into the idea of crossovers between our universes. I sometimes have to forcibly remind myself that UtTS is your story. I'm just a crazy fan... and Londyn and Danielle's appearances in Wyrd Tales is my version of fanfic. I'm just really glad for that much. <3

Also, I am constantly perplexed by how great you can make Summer look. Every time I try to give her a makeover she ends up looking like Chrissy from Three's Company, but not in a good way. :)
  • Options
    @luciusstorm I guess I have a knack for makeovers judging by the compliments.😊 Having several gigabytes of CAS cc helps too.😛 For the longest time I struggled with Liberty. She always looked frumpy. Then one day I found the right hair. Now when I want her to look a little plain she keeps coming out anything but.

I'm touched. I've said it before, but I'm blown away by the response Tartosan Sun has received over the last two years. My turn for confession. I have a hard time working Gwen into my story. She's so nuanced and complex, and frankly different. Her world and thought processes are so different than Tartosan Sun. Cassie is easy in spite of her supernatural abilities. Gwen's abilities are more obvious to fans of both stories and a big part of who she is. I love challenges though.😎
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Yes, I'm doing my best to ignore them, too. I thought he was over it, however, yesterday during gameplay he was back to Contemplating Life. OOFFDDAA I have no intention of playing against my Core Values, nor will I be pushed into it to satisfy some offensive tasks. I would sooner quit playing this save. I refuse to have Erik have casual woohoo, three time. Nor am I inclined to have him divorce Kayleigh out-of-the-blue just to remarry her in the next breath. It's absurd. "So, Erik, listen up. Behave yourself or you're going straight into the bin. End of story."
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves... and this is why I have Wants turned off and mods to ensure that they go away and never, ever bother me. Ever.

I have a mod that turns off fears. This isn't anything more than a mid-life crisis. I gave him the romance aspiration, but didn't fulfill those tasks quickly enough, apparently. Had no idea I was on a time-clock. :open_mouth: This is the end result of my negligence, I guess. Oi.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, I had Rory Oaklow get that same midlife crisis, despite having a Fated Mate. I just ignored it. Eventually, midlife crisis does go away... and she didn't lose anything by ignoring the tasks.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, I had Rory Oaklow get that same midlife crisis, despite having a Fated Mate. I just ignored it. Eventually, midlife crisis does go away... and she didn't lose anything by ignoring the tasks.

Thank you. It did say due to his crisis, Erik has lost connections. I found it odd, that I realized while he still had his star level points, I had to go back in and place them again. What is up with that? I couldn't even recall exactly which ones I chose early on. Instead of being a relaxing thing to do, this game is suddenly getting my blood-pressure up. Not good. So, not good.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Love the looks. Also, have them graduate high school early and then they can attend Uni as teens. That's how I did it. Can't wait to see your prologue. Sometimes starting anew can be fun. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top