The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,319 Member
    @DaniRose2143 , looks like girls had fun :) Very nice makeover to Liberty. :)
    @BlueSeaWaves , oh yes, looks like the vendor was happy when that happened :p Pico, bark at him a bit!
    @luciusstorm , Gladly not long wait!!!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,889 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I have found it is hq files ot be the biggest space taking. I only edited my build buy mods. It is now the size of my cas cc folder,(becuase I have so many sets). I have many more files in my cas cc folder and I believe it will be much more smaller when I chuck the skins. Some skins I really like but I never use and don't need. It was when I was still learning how to use cas, and I am much better now and don't really need them to make them look good. I like the alpha eyes though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,079 Member
    @Lucy_Henley Ah, the proverbial Cat-Lady.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX Congratulations, Venus! Great update, love that a new baby has arrived.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves yeah! Darn sims making us care lol, it was a nice surprise I'll have to let my kids go to school on valentine's more often now. You mean Inna and Darrel? Yah I love them he ended up being a very relaxed family man, I can't wait to see how their life ends up is it first love or are they up for failure. He must really want Pico to fight him heh.
    @DaniRose2143 sure thing I don't mind the random calls I just ignore them I just used to like when I had more invites this one you can cheese by sending a flirty text. She looks so cute with long braids. I love their relationship, they clearly always belong together.
    @GalacticGal oh yeah, sometimes I just need a nice big rotation :)

Awesomes out, fell behind, commenting when still waking up but at least I don't have pics.....yet, don't ask why but I picked up supermarket simulator and I still don't understand why it entertains me. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,130 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves Ahahahah Pico's and that lady's faces towards each other XD

@all Enjoying catching up bit by bit, my hand is much better now!
  • Options
    edited April 16
    When Life Throws a Curve Ball, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

“Wait, wait, wait, Stop the tape,” Erik said, as his phone went off mid-lyric. He waved a finger across his throat and watched through the glass to see the technicians shut things down. “What? Say again? I see. Thank you.” He ended the call and nodding at his team, said, “Let’s take it from the top.” How he managed to get his throat to open up around the sudden, huge lump residing there was yet a mystery to him. But they completed the final song and it was amazing. Heartfelt with so much truth in the emotion.

“And, that’s a wrap,” Jimmy said from the booth. Frowning he said, “You all right? Erik. Erik?”
    Erik simply shrugged. “Maybe, I don’t know.” He pulled the earphones from his ears and dangled them from the peg. “Just tired and glad to be done, I guess.”
    “If this is good to go,” he added, quietly, “ let’s put it out.”
    LXq47eE.jpg
    “Yeah, sure, right away.”

The news struck him hard. Erik suddenly found himself questioning every aspect of his life.
    He didn’t know or understand what had come over him, he had suffered losses before, but not like this. Upon leaving Taygeta Studios, he just felt empty. Not that the album produced wasn’t up to par. In fact, he was rather pleased with how it turned out. Even that last song had a particular haunting quality about it. He was in no way surprised that it landed a nomination. His forty-ninth.

Lost in his emotions he couldn’t help but think, there simply must be more to life than what he was experiencing, thus far. He stood for a moment, alone, contemplating his Life. He had once been asked how he managed to balance his career with his family obligations. The person who asked had never married and died alone. Erik feared being alone. Nor had he the discipline to be a monastic.
    IXGMgy3.jpg

He even found himself asking Blue Belle for direction. As if a mini sheep has insight.
    6RAha9H.jpg

Erik found himself deeply disturbed over some of the troubling thoughts racing through his head. Truly random thoughts. Disturbing. True enough, he and Kayleigh often didn’t get along. They had fewer things in common than most couples. They weren’t exactly compatible, as Father James had pointed out during their pre-marital sessions, but the love he felt for her was real. So, why did he suddenly find himself contemplating divorce?

They weren’t quite to the 25 year mark. He certainly never thought they were staying together strictly for the children. So just what was going on with him? Satan, get thee behind me! Their differences merely meant they had to work a little harder than most couples to keep things together. Hence the institution of Date Night. While his mind mulled over a divorce, he also knew he wanted to be married. Contradictions. This was more than a mere oxymoron; this was all out war.

Guiltily, Erik realized he had egregiously missed the last two Fridays in a row. Out on the road, again. The obligatory concert junket to promote the latest album. Shameful. I hate my life! It’s unfair to my wife, it’s not fair to our kids. So, why do I keep doing it? Trapped in the endless scramble to stay on top of his career, he decided, with a sigh. There simply had to be something more. A change he needed to institute in himself. But, what? He was totally at a loss.

Strolling up his front walkway, he was pleased to realize it was still early evening. He hadn’t spent countless hours, this time. Finding his wife he asked her on a date, “Kay, Kay, would you like to go on a date tonight?”
    “It’s Thursday, not Friday.”
    “Is there anything that says it has to be a Friday? We’ve missed a few, lately. Come on, let’s get wild. Let’s go have some Italian.”
    s6dxKPg.jpg

“Have I told you, lately, just how much I love you?” he said, as he proceeded to take a seat.
    4ERjuKO.jpg

Erik was so intent on making his wife happy, he failed to even look up and acknowledge the Paparazzo, busily snapping away.
    GExW3qJ.jpg

“Okay, now I know there’s something going on with you,” she said. “You feeling all right?”
    “Yeah,” Erik sighed the word. “Guess I’m feeling it.”
    “It? What is it you’re feeling, exactly? Honey, we’ve been together a long time, but I’m still needing that Universal Translator.”
    “We’re losing one of our fledglings, I guess is what I mean. And maybe that’s all this is. My questioning everything.” With that he shrugged. “So, what looks good tonight?”

More to Come . . .
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    Rehearsal Dinner, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Of course, today was a lousy day for his emotions to be inexplicably upended. This evening, this hottest day of the year, so far, was the Rehearsal Dinner. Last thing he wanted to do was put a damper on things. The kids were so excited for their big day. And well they should be. Erik was still just so torn up about the loss he recently experienced and the fact that if Travis had his way, he and Harmony would be moving all the way to Vonlandia. That was hard for him to digest.

The tables were all polished and set with fancy placemats, the deep red reflecting the colors of the wedding: black, gold and deep red. Harmony removed herself from the cool water of the Jet Tub, hoping she had brought her body temperature down enough to avoid sweating. While she languished, Peter and Michael busily saw to the tables. Andrew and Jamison, Celebrity Chef and Sous, worked together like a well-oiled machine on the repast for tonight. They did an outstanding job of it.

Finally, the hour had arrived. Guests showed up at the door, and being mostly family, let themselves in.
    Before the meal, they actually spent some time rehearsing.
    sMyuSgv.jpg

cGmpLWq.jpg

Toasts were given.
    lLNUTsO.jpg

Travis returned to the room, after taking an urgent phone call, in time to hear the heart-felt toast given by his Best Man, Sir Grigory Archibald.
    d6kOQOt.jpg

As things were drawing to a close, Travis pulled Erik aside. “I know this likely isn’t the time for this, but I just had an interesting call from an Informant. I don’t wish to be found vengeful, but if this is true, it constitutes a threat to not only to the monarchy but could very well destabilize the country. I haven’t even made up my mind, yet.”
    UBeGXZt.jpg

“Have you come across any manner of evidence to act upon? You can’t just have accusations. On this you must be certain before you act. If true, this person has certainly committed treasonous acts. Walk carefully, son.”
    “Don’t worry, I will. I’m sorting out just whom can be trusted against who must be weeded out of the government before I even begin to take over. I’m very grateful my father’s papers were returned to me. It’s been a fascinating if not harrowing read, so far. But right now I must say goodnight to my guests. Glorious night, wasn’t it?’ Travis flashed Erik a broad smile and then hastened outside.
    bztj4Az.jpg

“That was a wonderful speech you gave, Grigory. I’m very touched.”
    “I want you to know I have your back, your Highness and I know of others you can count on.”
    “That means a lot to me. Thank you.”

More to Come . . .

• Options
    The Stuff of Legacies, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Erik used to calm himself down prior to attending the Starlight Accolades Show by taking a refreshing swim in the pool. He no longer had a pool, having made the choice to not have one when the Arbordale was being built. Best he could do was to unleash his Inner Child and play on the Splash Pad.
    0C0HcrR.jpg

Later, his stead, Shadowfax, appeared to get in on the fun. The horse seemed to be advising a young Crown Prince to Erik’s amusement.
    MPf0umB.jpg

As the afternoon waned, Erik went in to take a cold shower. Glancing at the time, he realized they soon had to beam over to the PBP Studios Lounge for this week’s Show. Overcome with a case of nerves, which also took him by surprise, as he hadn’t felt this way in quite some time, he was feeling a tad nauseous. Hoping he wouldn’t end up losing his cookies.

“For brining such aural beauty to the ears of Sims around the world . . .” The Host, Maki Elikapika said. He, too, easily removed the card from the prepared envelope. In some ways, Erik missed the comical tearing of the envelope to see who the winner was. Added tension, he decided. Oh, well, things change. “This Week’s winner for Best Song, is . . . Erik Cantrell for his Better This Way.”

Erik stood up, straightened his jacket and took the stage. He stood there, quietly, for a moment, composing himself.
    “No doubt you’ve heard the news. I would ask you for a moment of silence to pay homage to one of the Great Ones. Miss Lourna Doone, who passed away quietly last Thursday afternoon.”
    NypF9hw.jpg

“I know I’m not alone in realizing it’s the end of an era with her passing. I would like to thank the following for this honor, you have bestowed upon me. Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, the Academy, my Sweet Wife, Kayleigh, and our seven children and a soon-to-be son-in-law, Travis. Yes, one of my darling daughters is intent on taking the plunge into marital waters. And, boy, do I feel old.”
    yVRDHey.jpg

“And, now, if you will indulge me, I would like to take this time to pay tribute to Lourna Doone by singing her biggest hit, Night After Night.”
    51Lg42O.jpg

With that, Erik stepped off of the stage to stand before the karaoke machine. “Lourna was an artist who captured my attention decades ago. She influenced my work in profound ways, that I can never describe. Lourna lived alone. Funny, clever, talented beyond measure. She was an Artist’s artist. She lived and breathed her music and it showed. She never married, never had any kids. While she often asked me how I balanced my life between the rigors of my chosen career, and my family, whom she adored, I became aware she was seeking, yet I never really had an answer for her.”
    TOz1WQI.jpg

“I’ve done some seeking of my own quite recently, questioning everything about my life. Why I continue to write, license, perform, record, and make appearances. Wash, rinse, repeat. The pace is arduous. I’m almost always on the go. Seemingly stuck in a limitless tape loop. Had I thought more deeply about her question, I would have told her, I have a family to keep me sane.” Here he leaned into the microphone to emphasize his point. “Otherwise, this grind would have thrust me into the Sanitarium ages ago. Thank you for my answer, Lourna. For your wit, your wisdom, your love. This is for you, with love and undefiled respect from me.” Then he launched into the song.
    asMqcng.jpg
    BCeCTwH.jpg

It was a stirring rendition of Lourna’s greatest hit, the one Erik sang years ago when he started out, winning at least two Karaoke Contests in the singing of it.
    SRyMAPx.jpg

As he sang, the melancholy, or Mid-Life crisis he’d been experiencing, suddenly lifted from him and he felt like is old self, once again.
    EQrY2MH.jpg

As he finished up with his signature ‘scream’ at the end, the Host took the microphone once more.
    CIiI9xq.jpg

“Thank you, Erik, that was one hell of a tribute you gave. I know Lourna would hug the stuffing out of you for that. Well done.”
    isnGopo.jpg

When Erik and Kayleigh reached their home again, Erik made a beeline over to the mailbox.
    “I wasn’t going to do this, but almost as if Lourna had whispered in my ear, I must obey.”
    lwrdYYg.jpg

A flash went off in his face, as he went to slip the envelope into the box.
    6uxdg82.jpg

“I know what you need,” Kayleigh said. “Why you’ve been so out of sorts, lately.”
    “Meet me in our bedroom.”
    wIrxyTN.jpg

CZiobQy.jpg

AGTk3nA.jpg

All for Now, Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,610 Member
    @LeucosiaX Aw congrats on the babies

@luciusstorm lol thats me😂 I like a challenge when it comes to spice
    Ooo where we going Cas? 👀

@DaniRose2143 I considered it, her training skill reached the level where she unlocked an interaction to have Pico attack someone, but can’t have her becoming a public enemy🥲
    Fun time at the spa ladies 😁 Their water ballon fight was fun, both their reactions 😆 Loving Liberty’s makeover 😁

@Ellupelluellu Haha Pico almost did something more than barking 😅 but he did his best to behave 😆

@GalacticGal
    Was the divorce a want that rolled for Erik? Erik handled it well. Wow, during rehearsal he got the call, tread lightly. Congrats on the win Erik, great tribute to Lourna Doone.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,763 Member
    @GalacticGal, very interesting
    Poor Erik struggling with relationships and fame. It does help bring him down to Earth, in an odd way.

Travis struggling with court intrigue... that could get messy.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,258 Member
    @Lucy_Henley Aww, those poor little ones.😢 Thank goodness Chandra, Julia, and Supriya were there to help.🥰

@Caerfinon I'm with you Jac.😆

@luciusstorm Thank you.🙂 I've always liked her, but now I love her.❤️ Some things are inescapable. But sometimes it's better to face them, not run from them.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you.😊 They had a lot of fun. But the fun wasn't over yet!❤️

@LeucosiaX I used to be addicted to the alpha skins. Then I found Llumisims MM skins and they're all I use now. They don't drastically alter their looks. But sims do look better with them.

@GalacticGal I think I missed an update somewhere.🤔 Erik thinking of divorce was a surprise. I need to go back and catch up before I try reading any more.🙂

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you.🙂 I just couldn't make her drab like usual. Maybe she won't be in Danielle and Summer's shadow in the reboot.😉 She's every bit as beautiful as they are.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 833 Member
    @DaniRose2143 even in RL, Jac was never a "morning" dog.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,258 Member
    edited April 16
    After a little I'm-so-sorry-I-nailed-you-in-the-face-with-a-water-balloon-let-me-make-it-up-to-you woohooing, Danielle went to make her famous gumbo. Londyn showered and joined her.
    nmlpOl2.jpg

Londyn had another acting gig tomorrow. She would be starring in Melodies of the City. Was she worried about getting a good night's sleep? Nope. All she wanted was her snuggle baby.
    xuRODly.jpg
    niWAyQU.jpg
    46VnT2v.jpg
    Agv8LXz.jpg
    Sgosiw6.jpg

Despite staying up all night Londyn delivered a brilliant performance
    A2TwWDp.jpg
    P2aWZgq.jpg
    3VMNmIn.jpg
    D0w8NnH.jpg

Her performance earned her gold. And something even better...
    BI6TrTk.png

"Baby we have to celebrate!"
    rvBf82b.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,130 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Congratulations Londyn!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @GalacticGal quite the fancy shindig, yes Erik wife-y knows best.
    @DaniRose2143 I feel like Londyn was rocking it because she got a boost from Danielle, snuggles are a major booster.

zzuLr4gh.png
    Salim is quite sensitive about his little girl's birthday.
    UDxmVJwh.png
    Maricela ended up so cute, she's not sure what mama is saying she just wants to go play!
    xR4C63jh.png
    It was the romance festival so Danny took his guys out, Troy showed up ready to show off he just knew he had Danny's attention. After some Sakura Tea they spoke to the guru and the results were kind of interesting.
    j41DU8Dh.png
    Feeling a little sensitive about the prediction, Troy excused himself to go to work leaving Danny and Elliot.
    C7ltomOh.png
    Danny couldn't help but feel frustrated, as if the old man knew anything about them, and he couldn't believe that Troy listened to it. Though he had Elliot to make him feel better he would enjoy the day no matter what either of them said.
    Y6M1GoSh.png
    NXKl23Vh.png
    htzrakdh.png
    They were out till nearly four in the morning just having a good time and Troy didn't bother contacting either one of them.
    GsSZwZzh.png
    The next morning he decided to be his own company.

Couldn't be sure what is in store for them, so I went to the Laniers so they could take their eldest children to the festival of youth drama and family time is about all I got right now.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Congrats Londyn! Great first person shots too

@RedDestiny92 Aw Maricela’s face, playing are big priorities. Don’t feel sad Troy, love guru has been wrong before, maybe the day will make things better
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,763 Member
    @DaniRose2143, I always knew Londyn was a superstar!
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    An update, Pico's first night in their new home, made it harder than it had to be

“Look Pico, got you your own bed now”
    “…it’s not like Mochi’s”
    “Don’t you like it? The dog on it is happy, means you’ll be happy too” fRFeieh.png
    He didn't like his bed, sleep wouldn’t come to him as he laid there. He watched Alexis as she slept. v1pPUj4.png
    “Can I sleep on your bed?” NyorlDv.png After hours of barking at her she woke up, it got him excited
    “Time to play?” WqbsLNg.png Instead she led him to the living room to sleep there.
    “When you’re ready you can come back”
    After returning to her bedroom Pico went inside the bathroom. The bathtub kept him good company W1lalpW.png When he was ready he headed back in, by the time morning rose Alexis tried waking him up for his morning walk
    “C’mon Pico, thats not fair. You wouldn’t let me get some sleep last night ” eLFVe3N.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,319 Member
    @DaniRose2143 , yay!!! congrats, Londyn!
    @RedDestiny92 , They look great together ,, that pose is so good! I know I said this before, but still :)
    @BlueSeaWaves , Aww poor Pico, he does not like new place :(
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited April 16
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Not a want, but rather a mid-life crisis in which some of the things he could do, (after I had him fulfill a couple of the aspiration goals) also suggested some unsavory behavior, one of which was get a divorce, only to get married. I was offended, personally, by such choices. The first one was have casual sex three times. I may be an old fuddy-duddy, but that doesn't align with my core
    values one bit. My answer was to write it as I did. Show him struggling against random thoughts.
    So, thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

@luciousstorm, Thank you
    Yes, it could get messy.

@RedDestiny92 Thank you!

@DaniRose2143 I don't think you missed something. This was Erik in a mid-life crisis that suddenly popped up. Crazy stuff.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    edited April 16
    @DaniRose2143 Outstanding! Can't wait for the pictures of her placing her Tile on the Avenue. Well done and I guess we know what her routine will be from here on out . . . ;)

@BlueSeaWaves Isn't that just like a dog? LOL Reminds me our dogs decided 3AM was a better time to get up. We normally get up early, as it is. Anywhere from 4 to 5 AM for my hubby. Me? I wait until I hear the coffee being ground. Anywhere between 5 to 6 AM. Had no clue what was up with them. They spent most of the time outside, while my hubby got some of his daily reading done. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,165 Member
    Oh, hello, you're not Father Winter:
    ehaYH5z.png
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Oh, hello, you're not Father Winter:
    ehaYH5z.png

Oh, my did I miss an update? Who died? :open_mouth:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top