The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StSciurus's Showcase • Update 4/9/19 The Claverhouse

Comments

• Options
    Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    your art deco house looks great. it looks like something i would make only a (huge) bit better ;)
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @Don_Oello ! :smiley: Your creations are every bit as good as mine!
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Your small deco house is so cute! I love the Art Deco period and this is a stunning exsample. I like that it's understated as well. I would of lost my mind and over did it lol great job as always!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Thank you so much, @lisa17ann ! :smiley: I find it easy to get carried away, too! :wink: Hope you are feeling better. <3
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    A beautifully done Art deco build, love the decor and the colour palette. :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @follyfoot ! :smiley:
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, you have an amazing Showcase!!! I really like your building style, with great attention to detail and colour schemes. Will definitely follow you on the Gallery and bookmark your showcase here on the forum. Looking forward to what you'll build next!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @Corwim , for your kind comments and your support! :smiley:
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Buildings of future - Very nice idea and very stylish projects.Very good looks "Industrial High" on the roof. It looks great. Temple is fantastic!
    I like the idea of creating settlements Great works!
  • Options
    Thank you for dropping by, @Dels , and leaving such nice comments! :smiley:
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Such a nice thank you gift and really great that it's base game only! Love the exterior design and the classic black and white interiors, with just the perfect amount of pops of color. :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @WrathofCath ! I had fun with the Deco house. :smiley:
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Love the authentic feel to Palm Desert ! Reminds me of some of the modern houses (here) in Scandinavia - just added some summer - nice B) I really love your deco house too, very beautiful!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @Miliksim ! :smiley: I love Scandinavian design!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Pastry Shop, MCM and Deco house looks amazing! They are all so different in style and all of them equally beautiful! Great job! Will be adding them to my favourites. Happy new year ! Hope you have a wonderful year! Hugs <3
  • Options
    I always enjoy your visits to my thread! Thank you so much for your kind remarks. :smiley: Hugs and best wishes for the new year! <3
  • Options
    My latest build is for Build-n-Share challenge 61 and is called It Takes a Village. It was a month-long challenge and it nearly took me that long! I reproduce below the entry details. I created 6 (yes, 6!) slideshows because I took so many screenshots:

I chose the park in Willow Creek to build and therefore was inspired to make a row of four Victorian attached townhouses with a courtyard and community center in the rear. The slideshow for the exterior of the whole lot is here.

In order to furnish the townhouses, I need to envision that families that would be living there:

The 5-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of a couple with a teenage son and two twin girls (children). Living with them are the husband’s father (elder) and the father’s neighbor and lifelong friend (another elder male). The house is decorated in a traditional style with warm colors. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The first 3-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of a couple with a toddler (girl) and a teenage son. The house is decorated in a traditional style with warm colors. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The second 3-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of an abstract expressionist artist (elder female), her daughter and her husband, and their teenage daughter. The house is decorated in a modern style inspired by the work of Mondrian. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The 2-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of a gay couple with a teenage daughter. The house is decorate in a modern style using black, white, gray and purple as the chief colors. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The community center has everything from soup to nuts (not literally, of course) in it. The slideshow for the community center is here.

My chief regret is that the lot is too complicated to be useful in the game except perhaps for story tellers. **shrugs**

Japu6Ln.png
    3VjKXrR.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,686 Member
    It Takes A Village is such a very detailed build! :) It would have involved such a lot of time and work! The layout of the bulld looks very nice! Very nice exterior design of the townhouses block! The furnishing of each of the 4 homes and the community centre looks so very nice! It is a very large and very nice build! :) I enjoyed looking at each of the slideshows of the areas of the build.
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow , for taking the time to look through the slideshows! You are a trouper! :smiley:
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @StSciurus I always love coming to visit when ive been mia because you always have some amazing new builds, I love moderns mostly and your TY Small Deco House is gorgeous, I love the black and white interiors :)
    Wow at It Takes a Village what an amazing build, I love the design and great styling. I love all the slideshows for each townhouse, we had a townhouse challenge not long ago for the QC comps this would of been perfect for it I am building a row of them myself also but Im slow haha still have 2 townhouses to do the interiors on before its finished.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    It takes a village is wonderful! I'm a huge fan of Victorian and Georgian architecture so this build certainly makes me smile! :) love your interiors as well! The teen girls room is my fav! I love purple and it's perfection! The community centre is amazing and if you think it's unplayable as a private residence it could be great converted as a community lot! You'd never need to go home that's for sure lol great job as always! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    Hillary would be proud. ;) Love the gray exterior color and the white staircases, and the great layout indoors. Nice work!
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @Cbear13 , for your nice comments! I did follow some of the amazing townhouse builds on your challenge thread. I think furnishing them (because there are multiples!) is the hardest part! It's hard not to run out of ideas. :smiley: Oh, and thank you too for your Maxis fav recommendation. Very kind of you! <3
  • Options
    Thank you, @lisa17ann ! Perhaps you're right that as a community lot, it could be useful in the game. :smiley:

Any many thanks to you, too, @fidlerten ! Now I have an idea of the mammoth amount of work that goes into some of your large builds, too. :smiley:
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Oh wow, It Takes a Village is such an amazing build! Kudos for taking on such a massive project and even more for decorating it to perfection in even the smallest corners. Super impressed with this! Gave this a big Fave on the gallery.