Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Adventureland" added with Patch 1.69.43?

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    This kind of reminds me of that Arezzo counter that would attach itself to CC, seemingly at random.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    "Get in the car, kids! We're going to ArezzoLand!" :p

LOL, just let me out in Nopeistan, it's on the way.
  • Options
    u2020bulletu2020bullet Posts: 13 New Member
    Just bought World Adventures and High End Loft Stuff and had Adventureland appear in my world list. Weird. So should i assume there has been no clarification on this matter from EA?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I have Adventureland and the original Sunset Valley in my world list. The only difference is that Adventureland has only got 2 premade families and Sunset Valley all the premades that have been in the game since day one.
    dvr1udzzbtyu.png
  • Options
    LexCee86LexCee86 Posts: 79 New Member
    I have adventureland too I haven't played it yet though from the screen shot it looks just like sunset valley.

Anyone found out any more info on it?
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    In the family bios of the two families it just says 'adventurer' maybe before the base game came out they knew that WA was going to be the first expansion and Sunset Valley was the world for it. But later changed WA to not have a world and used 'Adventureland' for the base game world buf changed it's name.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    Joseph15266Joseph15266 Posts: 305 Member
    This is kinda creepy...
  • Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    After spending over a week on the phone and in chat with EA and finally getting Sims 3 up and running because my Origin was glitched I also have Adventureland.. I have not clicked it as I am still installing the store stuff yet I hit google that second to see and having started it with patch 1.67 and then 1.69 I only saw it after the 1.69. I wouldn't mind an empty Sunset Valley to put my lots in and set it up without all the work of deleting all the lots first so I'm ok with this new "thing".
  • Options
    TheBMhunterTheBMhunter Posts: 438 Member
    I just installed all of my expansions through Origin to try out The Sims 3 for a short time. I also saw this odd town that I didn't remember from years ago when I used to play. Looks like I'm not the only one(I found this topic through Google lol).
    wow-Draenei.jpg
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Huh this is strange. I'm fully patched and haven't seen Adventureland in my game. Granted, I already had everything installed prior to the patch. Sounds like it might have something to do with re-installing post patch? I've got no clue but this is a weird one...
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    What are the family names? Simswikia.com doesn't show any results for "Adventureland". It almost sounds like Adventureland is an enticement to get more people to update to 1.69!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Their names are Ransone and Hardy.
  • Options
    Their names are Ransone and Hardy.
  • Options
    No results for "Ransone". Only "Hardy" is from a Sims2 fanon series Sim named "Bunny Leishman" from Pleasantview.

I'm rather suspicious of this Adventureland, since EA hasn't announce releasing a new world. From the looks of it - it sounds more like a Beta version of Sunset Valley though. I don't think this would be a "16th Anniversary of the Sims" gift either since (again) no announcements from EA. Very curious... *raises eyebrow*
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Haiden wrote: »
    simsolated wrote: »
    I got this world too... its a copy of Sunset Valley. It's interesting because there were no custom contents in my game. Just played a few minutes then travelled to future :D

We ll this is good we can use this world and place more lots in.

But it makes no sence. You could just start up a new game and load a regular sunset valley an remove all the lots it would equate to the same thing.

Some families are necessary for the game to fonction smoothly. Erasing them can cause lag, at least it did "before", but maybe it's been taken care of...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    dx1965dx1965 Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 2016
    I haven't noticed that yet in drop down window, but I got few days back one of those annoying update pop ups that give me no option to update or quit.
    I also read the new 1.69 policy recently and I am not happy with it but I feel like I have no other choice or quit playing the game altogether and be out 500 bucks.
    The new policy for 1.69 states that when you go online which you have too it has the right to pretty much says it has right to collect any data in how you use the game i.e in agree to play or use the 1.69 Origin has a right to invade your privacy in what or how you play and do with the game.
    And for me going back to Steam to use 1.67 isn't a option.
  • Options
    @dx1965

I looked and found this 1.67 patch:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3/Patch_67

I saved the patch to my hard drive (in case I ever need it again) than ran it. The down-side is any new store stuff you get (or are gifted) won't run since you're outdated... again. Still, I feel it's worth it, so I can enjoy my Sims.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I have this as well! It's so weird..
  • Options
    lilykat88lilykat88 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, I just re-downloaded sims 3 onto my new computer, opened it up and saw Adventureland. I figured it was just a new world so I started the town up, the game played and saved just fine. But now I'm trying to open it up again and it says the game was saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on the system. I haven't changed anything.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    lilykat88 wrote: »
    Hey, I just re-downloaded sims 3 onto my new computer, opened it up and saw Adventureland. I figured it was just a new world so I started the town up, the game played and saved just fine. But now I'm trying to open it up again and it says the game was saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on the system. I haven't changed anything.
    With the new Patch 1.69, you have to make sure the EP/SPs you expect to have in play are checked within the Launcher every time. Apparently it's not remembering selections in between game sessions. Could that be it?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2016
    Funny it being the same name as a section at Disneyland.
    4018227924_7150f80101_b.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    I downloaded some mods and cc today and it popped up suddenly!
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @mickykoo11 you said there were only two houses with people wearing world adventures clothing....

Maybe this is EA's way of trying to hype people up and play world adventures. I know myself my sims hardly ever even leave their house lwt alone go to one of the WA destinations :P
    My sims leave their house all the time and some of them - the adventurous ones - have travelled the WA worlds, so I don't quite follow what you mean ;) I can't imagine I'm a special snowflake concerning this.

Forgot this thread was a thing. What I meant was I have heard people put WA on their least favoriteEP lists a couple of times. I'm not saying it's bad or that everyone thinks so. But I just thought perhaps it was EA's way of trying to get those who didn't like it to like it. Ya know, how they're doing with ts4 all selfies and parties n stuff.
    I AM a special snowflake. :D
  • Options
    srHz86srHz86 Posts: 54 Member
    I have this as well!!! It showed up on a fresh install (with the latest patch) so I knew it came from that, somehow. Strange, indeed...