Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Adventureland" added with Patch 1.69.43?

Comments

• girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    If anyone is interested, I am legitimately writing an Adventureland creepypasta (and an active forums member happens to be the main character!)

Actually, I'm not sure if being the main character is a privilege.......

Where will you be posting it? I'd definitely be interested in reading it!
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    If anyone is interested, I am legitimately writing an Adventureland creepypasta (and an active forums member happens to be the main character!)

Actually, I'm not sure if being the main character is a privilege.......

Where will you be posting it? I'd definitely be interested in reading it!

@girlwhocriedtaylor
    I'm not sure where I'll be posting it, but I'll definitely leave a link in this thread!
  • dx1965dx1965 Posts: 335 Member
    "can they die in the military" lol. Wish I was new to sims again, it was much funner finding out stuff, kind of. Cute. There's an icecream truck? I've never seen one. Oh I think it's a carpool. Or is it. He's missing his carpool. I miss playing. Next whole day free I have I'm going to.
    Yeah I talked to her on youtube. I think she's new player and doesn't know better.

• kiwiaubs4kiwiaubs4 Posts: 22 New Member
    I have it too. I was panicking because I thought it was something I installed by accident with CC but obviously it is not.
    Just wandering, do all the people that have it have all of the games installed from Origin? It appeared after I was forced to uninstall all of my discs so I could add a few of my other EPs which I had bought digitally.
  • Gh0st_McG0nagdsGh0st_McG0nagds Posts: 5 New Member
    I decided to play "Adventureland", and it's not been too much different. I only slightly noticed the reduced population.

I have been experiencing a glitch which I hadn't found in previous towns, so it may be related to "Adventureland". When I travel to the future, one of the Sims in my group may suddenly have their birthday and become an elder, despite being anywhere in the young adult or adult stage of their life. It's happened several times with different families. I've found nothing about it online, so maybe it is to do with the town I'm playing.

Spooky.
  • jakezakcatjakezakcat Posts: 3 New Member
    Adventurland is a glitch?!!! I've always had it.
    don't mind me, I'm a newbie, just recently discovered sims 3.
    I haven't encountered any problems yet, and I'm playing in Adventurland right now. I just assumed that it was the world for World of Adventures, didn't notice it is Sunset Valley, I don't think mine look like Sunset Valley, it looks like...well, a new world.
    I'm in the last patch, but just bought the game a month ago, all the expansion packs and two of the stuff packs that came with my base game as a bonus.
    I play with everything installed (in the section of the launcher where you check what pack you want to play). I don't have any problems whatsoever, though I'm well aware that im not supposed to play with everything, I also have tons of mods and cc.
    Truth is I'm testing the new PC I just build and this is my way of having fun, just pushing the game to its limits and maybe figure out what exactly is what makes this game crash, but so far no luck, the game is playing beautifully, is handling everything I throw at it really well. Only time will tell.
    Anyway I was just looking for lots for Adventurland when I discover this forum. Thank you for the information!!! and hope mine helps too.
  • kneal007kneal007 Posts: 205 Member
    i just got a brand new pc yesterday and installed all the expansions and updates via origin. i saw "adventureland" world with the sunset valley pic and skipped it not feeling up to exploring it so late last night after setting up everything. ill check it out later
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I only patched to .67 and I don't have the Adventureland. I love the WA ep though, my sim is currently in France :)

Honestly, I don't think EA would push this stripped Sunset Valley in order to advertise WA. It looks like a totally not interesting world to me. There would be hundred better ways to stir up the WA sales, if that was the goal.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Has anyone who has it, tried contact EA to see what it's all about? I'm only patched to 1.67 and have no plans to install the last one.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    Has anyone who has it, tried contact EA to see what it's all about? I'm only patched to 1.67 and have no plans to install the last one.

I would imagine only the game's developers would know for sure and that team was disbanded long ago. It's been widely assumed that the world was always meant to be there for testing purposes only hidden, but for some players (not all, I don't see it) Patch 1.69 revealed it by accident.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    igazor wrote: »

I would imagine only the game's developers would know for sure and that team was disbanded long ago. It's been widely assumed that the world was always meant to be there for testing purposes only hidden, but for some players (not all, I don't see it) Patch 1.69 revealed it by accident.

I didn't see Adventureland when I first patched to 1.69. But after a complete digital reinstall of TS3 it showed up. The .world file is in the WA Program Files folder along with France.world, China.world, and Egypt.world, at least on my computer. I've installed ellarchamed's route fix version of WA worlds before this, and the Adventureland.world file wasn't there previously. The entire Program Files folder structure for TS3 is different if you install digitally now. I wonder if, when EA made those changes, someone just goofed and included Adventureland not knowing it wasn't intended to be released. I also wonder if anyone who installs, or reinstalls, the WA EP digitally post-1.69 will get Adventureland.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    For informational purposes I can confirm that my complete reinstall, on new computer with discs only, did not result in Adventureland for me. I am patched to 1.69.
    TreyNutz wrote: »

I didn't see Adventureland when I first patched to 1.69. But after a complete digital reinstall of TS3 it showed up. The .world file is in the WA Program Files folder along with France.world, China.world, and Egypt.world, at least on my computer. I've installed ellarchamed's route fix version of WA worlds before this, and the Adventureland.world file wasn't there previously. The entire Program Files folder structure for TS3 is different if you install digitally now. I wonder if, when EA made those changes, someone just goofed and included Adventureland not knowing it wasn't intended to be released. I also wonder if anyone who installs, or reinstalls, the WA EP digitally post-1.69 will get Adventureland.

Interesting. Just looked and of course the World file isn't there. I'm not doing a reinstall to see if it pops up (not that you were suggesting anyone do this). With my luck, I'd probably be the first one to end up with Patch 1.71 or something and no one here would be able to help me with that. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    For informational purposes I can confirm that my complete reinstall, on new computer with discs only, did not result in Adventureland for me. I am patched to 1.69.

Same, although if it's just a copy of Sunset Valley, I don't really need it lol. Although it would be interesting to see what the sims look like.
  • JBalJBal Posts: 74 Member
    I saw this just appear one time and thought the same thing! Glad I'm not the only one having that problem, thought I may be going crazy!
  • LajulieLajulie Posts: 8 New Member
    I have it installed on my worlds, I couldn't imagine where it came from! My sister doesn't have it on her PC so I wondered why I did..
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    Somebody had to add on purpose, probably some of the developers as a joke, kind of like how Disney animators hide dirty words and imagery into their movies.
  • ukbdesrukbdesr Posts: 1 New Member
    I know for a fact what causes adventureland. I keep reading that it was a update, if you take out world adventures it wont be there at all, it's supposed to be a world for world adventures but it failed. Trust me it's not the update.
    edited October 2016
    ukbdesr wrote: »
    I know for a fact what causes adventureland. I keep reading that it was a update, if you take out world adventures it wont be there at all, it's supposed to be a world for world adventures but it failed. Trust me it's not the update.
    The Patch 1.69 update may not insert Adventureland into players' games, but given that not a single player on 1.67 or below has ever seen it even with WA present, not one, we have to conclude that the patch reveals it where it probably wasn't meant to. And only for some players with WA on 1.69, not all, apparently depending on how/when their install was done.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    ukbdesr wrote: »

I think it was related to the update. Specifically in how Origin now installs TS3 and EPs post-1.69. The folder structure is different and the base game now comes pre-patched to 1.69. Adventureland.world now sits alongside France.world, Egypt.world, and China.world in WA's "Worlds" folder (Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP01\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds). At least on my computer.

Prior to doing a complete reinstall post-1.69 (of Windows and TS3), there was no Adventureland.world file in that location on my computer. I know that because I installed ellacharmed's route fix versions of France and Egypt which requires looking in that folder and there was no Adventureland there. In fact, I didn't see Adventureland.world in any EP's "Worlds" folder (except for Pets which I didn't own at the time).

My suspicion is that Adventureland.world was erroneously included when Origin's installation of TS3 and WA was altered for 1.69.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »

I just got WA from the recent steam sale and noticed this annoying "Adventureland" SV duplicate in my world selection in NRaas settings and when starting a new town/save since. Weird. So yes. I didn't have it before I installed WA. I don't often go to the new town/game section but I know it just suddenly popped up into NRaas as I go over those settings more often.

If it can be re-opened normally I might eventually build a theme park. I always care about the names of towns, sometimes they bring a plus or minus. For me I can't see this as an unpopulated Sunset Valley, no way. I also mind duplicate maps quite a bit (I'm looking at you S4, only ONE save-game-friendly IMHO) but perhaps it won't be super noticeable with completely replaced buildings, and at least it won't be some main town like a hometown. :smiley: Plus we do have terrain tools and lot-adding. I have the any-size-lots mod since I started playing with cities and the awkwardness that brings. (That means terrain can be changed quite a bit, probably.)

So far it's just weird, and also annoying with the alphabetical menus throwing it at my face, ha.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    That would explain why no one is ever around *smacks forehead*. I haven't really played ts3 much and just thought it was the sunset valley nhood. Glad I found this!
  • RaeNBows023RaeNBows023 Posts: 8 New Member
    I've got Adventureland too after the new patch.
  • MGDMGD Posts: 14 New Member
    I have the same thing, meh it doesn't matter all that much.