Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Adventureland" added with Patch 1.69.43?

Comments

• LOULIGHTFOOT1976LOULIGHTFOOT1976 Posts: 160 Member
    yeah I o have it it's avirus it took some of me storecontentent off me I've lost 9 items ddue 2 it just hneed 2 know how 2 get rid
    so did I unisalled and completely cleaned out my game & put them all back on again I just put my request that soocool had done 4 me n my storecontent it's turned up again and reattached itself 2 something I've lost 9 store content items due 2 it. it's a virus
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Adventureland doesn't "take store content". But it is pretty barren initially. And no family has enough starting funds to be moved in right away to anything but the 'newbie' homes. Not even the Landgrabs and Goths can afford to move into their actual homes.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    it took mine I've lost 9 items in 6the store content due 2 it
    That's not the fault of Adventureland. I think it's a problem with the maintenance done the other day. I had one of my store venues replaced with a different one. And half my store content got uninstalled, and wouldn't reinstall until I completely removed and redownloaded it. I've been using Adventureland in a couple saves since I first noticed it a year ago. And it's never 'eaten' any store content or EP. Maintenance however has caused my issues.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @LOULIGHTFOOT1976 - I'm sorry you're having troubles there, although I'm having a difficult time following what you are saying. But Adventureland's appearance, which is what this thread is about, is a by-product of doing an install or a re-install through Origin on Patch 1.69 that includes WA. It's widely regarded as a developer's version of Sunset Valley that the player wasn't really meant to have access to, but it's harmless.

It has nothing to do with viruses.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    i've unistalled all 21 gmes 2wce to completey clean the game i put everything back all 21games i just put the request thst soocool created 4 me n store content i've lost 9 items due 2 adventureland since i aint put much back in2 the launcher ' got the attomic pets back but adventureland has attatched itself again still havin problems some stuff i can get back 3 of those items were part of a kiddies set toybox dresser n computer desk i've permnantly lost those due 2 that angelette 1 had the same trouble losin dtore content due 2 adventure land i want 2 delete it
    edited August 2017
    i've unistalled all 21 gmes 2wce to completey clean the game i put everything back all 21games i just put the request thst soocool created 4 me n store content i've lost 9 items due 2 adventureland since i aint put much back in2 the launcher ' got the attomic pets back but adventureland has attatched itself again still havin problems some stuff i can get back 3 of those items were part of a kiddies set toybox dresser n computer desk i've permnantly lost those due 2 that angelette 1 had the same trouble losin dtore content due 2 adventure land i want 2 delete it
    More of us might be able to understand you better if you type in complete words and sentences. It's actually against the rules on most forums to communicate like that and it's really difficult to read.

You can delete Adventureland if you want. It's part of the installation files and the path to it should be something like this, although there could be some variations and "EP01" might be showing up as The Sims 3 World Adventures.
    Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP01\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Chances are it will come right back if you ever do a Repair Game or have to reinstall WA for any reason. And not sure what the cause is of your troubles, but it can't really be the world itself. Again, it's part of the installation and it doesn't have to actually be played in.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    As @igazor and I have been telling you, Adventureland is not a virus, nor is it deleting your store content. But if you REALLY think it's some sort of virus, you can avoid it ever showing up by simply not installing World Adventures. It's probably a dev location that was used to test World Adventure content that wasn't properly removed and accidentally got enabled by the patch that linked TS3 to the Origin launcher.

Do you know what is likely to be the cause of your problems? The occasional maintenance they do on the Sims 3 store. The last two times they did maintenance on the Sims 3 store I had to remove then redownload/install at least half of my store content after it got uninstalled and kept messing up when I tried reinstalling it. The last maintenance they did replaced The Stones Throw Greenhouse in my purchase history with the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery. Which I'm told by EA they can't do anything about. This makes several of my save games unplayable because I refuse to let it replace the greenhouses in those games. As such until I can repurchase the greenhouse venue I can't play those saves.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Adventureland doesn't "take store content". But it is pretty barren initially. And no family has enough starting funds to be moved in right away to anything but the 'newbie' homes. Not even the Landgrabs and Goths can afford to move into their actual homes.

What I do is I save some Sunset Valley families WITH their houses to my library. Then I can just delete the Adventureland houses and replace them with the Sunset Valley houses (which include the families) ! :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I am not sure about all this and how you get it, I am one that just recently this year came back to Sims 3 after the Patch 1.69.43? and I do not have Adventure Land. I did not have the Sims 3 at all on my computer. I deleted it after sims 4 came out. The only thing I can say is that when I came back to sims 3, I had to reinstall all my disk. I do not have Adventure Land. So I am not sure how some got it and some don't. I reinstalled Sims 3 from all my disks and then downloaded all my store stuff. No Adventure Land came with it. Patch 1.69.43 was automatically installed when I put sims 3 back on.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I am not sure about all this and how you get it, I am one that just recently this year came back to Sims 3 after the Patch 1.69.43? and I do not have Adventure Land. I did not have the Sims 3 at all on my computer. I deleted it after sims 4 came out. The only thing I can say is that when I came back to sims 3, I had to reinstall all my disk. I do not have Adventure Land. So I am not sure how some got it and some don't. I reinstalled Sims 3 from all my disks and then downloaded all my store stuff. No Adventure Land came with it. Patch 1.69.43 was automatically installed when I put sims 3 back on.

It's probably from downloading through Origin then. Must've been an error on EA's part, and it looks like it was just an internal testing world.
    edited August 2017
    It has been said many times on this thread and many times on many others. The world is revealed, for those who do see it, when an Origin install, meaning the downloaded digital version not necessarily discs, is done as of Patch 1.69, that includes the WA expansion. Players who were on Patch 1.67 or prior, which would include all of the disc installs where the base game disc was manufactured before 2012, even if only briefly during the install process, who then got upgraded to 1.69 do not seem to see it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @Evalen Do you have World Adventures? Because it only shows up if you have that EP.
    edited August 2017
    @Evalen Do you have World Adventures? Because it only shows up if you have that EP.

@Faerie197 I have all Eps except Supernatural. I have no CC, or mods, only store stuff. only CC free worlds and lots.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member

@Faerie197 I have all Eps except Supernatural. I have no CC, or mods, only store stuff. only CC free worlds and lots.

Did you install World Adventures from a disk? If so that's why you're not seeing the world according to dozens of posts I've read all over this forum.
    Karritz wrote: »

Did you install World Adventures from a disk? If so that's why you're not seeing the world according to dozens of posts I've read all over this forum.

@Karritz Yes all my worlds are installed from a disk. I like buying the disks. So I guess that is why I do not have it.. Thanks for clearing this up.
    edited August 2017
    I'm going to have to commend those of you who have stayed on disc installs all this time. This isn't exactly sims related, but any optical (CD/DVD) drive I ever come in contact with seems to stop working pretty soon thereafter. It's a hidden trait or something. :/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    i've unistalled my al 21 game 5 times took out the sims 3 file 2 start over i got it back no u cannot delete it i've tried looked in the worlds list installed worlds it does not exisit so how is that possible
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm going to have to commend those of you who have stayed on disc installs all this time. This isn't exactly sims related, but any optical (CD/DVD) drive I ever come in contact with seems to stop working pretty soon thereafter. It's a hidden trait or something. :/

I have had only one stop working and that was long before Simsc3 was released. I don't use the DVD drive often but do have a lot of photos backed up on DVD. I listen to music on them too occasionally. Mostly they just sit waiting for the moment I need to use it.
    i've unistalled my al 21 game 5 times took out the sims 3 file 2 start over i got it back no u cannot delete it i've tried looked in the worlds list installed worlds it does not exisit so how is that possible

I have no idea. I suspect it may be buried in Origin somehow. The world's that came with expansions probably aren't in installed worlds folder either.

I fortunately don't have the problem as I don't use Origin. If I did have the problem I'd choose to ignore it.
    edited September 2017
    It's an EP world.

The world won't be in InstalledWorlds in the user game folder in Documents if this is what you meant, that's only for EA Store and custom worlds. It's in the Program Files, the section that gets installed when you add WA by way of Origin. This is also where you would find the other EP installed worlds (Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Appaloosa, Sims University, Isla Paradiso, etc., the ones that are really meant to be there) each filed away within the program files of the EPs that installed them. I already gave you the path to it. If you remove the world from where it really is and it still shows up as a viable world to play, which again does no harm if you just ignore it, then I would have to say that something strange is happening with your installs or that Origin just keeps putting it back for you.

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP01\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
    (the exact path may vary, and "EP01" may be showing up as"EP1" or "The Sims 3 World Adventures," they are all the same thing; this is also where the France, Egypt, and China worlds show up)

You could also look in the GameData\Shared\etc. section of the base game where Sunset Valley should be showing up, but I don't recall others reporting finding Adventureland there.

I still don't know why your store content is disappearing if it was purchased legitimately and installed properly, but it sure seems like you are spending a tremendous amount of time and energy solving the "wrong" problem here.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • PC5337PC5337 Posts: 54 Member
    Guys! I've been following this thread for a while and yesterday I decided I want to play TS3 again. Wellll my luck it wouldn't open AT ALL. So I completely uninstalled and redownlaoded/reinstalled via Origin. My game is just now finally loading and I have Adventureland!!! I just hope it doesn't disappear once I add my mods/CC back in.
    PC5337 wrote: »
    Guys! I've been following this thread for a while and yesterday I decided I want to play TS3 again. Wellll my luck it wouldn't open AT ALL. So I completely uninstalled and redownlaoded/reinstalled via Origin. My game is just now finally loading and I have Adventureland!!! I just hope it doesn't disappear once I add my mods/CC back in.

Good luck with that. I hope you have fun with it. You need mods for patch 1.67 unless they are core mods and NRAAS has a note about that on their core mod. I'm still on patch 1.67 so can't tell you much about the tricks of getting the game to run on 1.69.
  • PC5337PC5337 Posts: 54 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    PC5337 wrote: »

Good luck with that. I hope you have fun with it. You need mods for patch 1.67 unless they are core mods and NRAAS has a note about that on their core mod. I'm still on patch 1.67 so can't tell you much about the tricks of getting the game to run on 1.69.

Yup :cry: it opened maybe 2 times and now it won't open again. I hate this. Back to Sims 4 I guess.. :cry: