Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Adventureland" added with Patch 1.69.43?

Comments

• dx1965dx1965 Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 2016
    @dx1965

I looked and found this 1.67 patch:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3/Patch_67

I saved the patch to my hard drive (in case I ever need it again) than ran it. The down-side is any new store stuff you get (or are gifted) won't run since you're outdated... again. Still, I feel it's worth it, so I can enjoy my Sims.

Hmm Interesting.
    I wish I had this in December.
    I remember trying to go back with file I saved just got nothing but errors.
    Not sure I want to go back now that things have settled down but it was really rough for me for a while there. And then things got worse when I tried to transfer everything via Steam.
    I literally lost everything I had on my computer when I attempted to switch to steam and it took about month or so get things back to how being able to play and even get few store items back.
    I still haven't downloaded everything I bought from the store.

I never got Adventureland either:(
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    If anyone is willing to load up the world and actually play around in it for a little while, that'd be really cool.

Maybe, I dunno, there's some hidden adventure tombs hidden around somewhere! MAYBE!! I realize that kind of effort being put into TS3 is silly to hope for, but DARN IT, I'M GONNA HOPE!
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Well, I had to completely wipe my computer to factory settings today (game unrelated) and did a fresh install and lo and behold, Adventureland is now showing up. Here's some screenshots:

028D5l0.jpg

1afmmrg.jpg

deXu9Nt.jpg

It looks to me like basically a stripped down Sunset Valley *shrug* It probably has something to do with the CAW tool and SunsetValleyLite, although I do find it odd that it's a completely free standing world with a different name. Hmmm. Interesting.
  • djacob16djacob16 Posts: 95 Member
    I have Adventureland as well. I got a new computer, installed the Sims 3 which automatically patched to 1.69 and there it was. I did not have my mode or cc in the game yet. I have been playing my other towns and so far nothing bad has happened. So I hope it's okay.
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    If anyone would actually be interested in writing a legit creepy pasta about this, it'd be the only sims creepy pasta I've ever heard of. It'd be awesome.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    The newest creepypasta: Adventureland!
    Interesting. Typing "The Sims 3 Adventureland" into Google makes the World Adventures wiki come up. I feel EA wants some sales......
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited February 2016
    Creepypasta....I once wrote something on the Sims2 forum. I don't know if it would be considered creepypasta. I wasn't aware of the term back then. It was a story about spilling coffee on my keyboard while loading up Sims 2 University and getting "Townie Town" instead. There was a hidden town, a giant insect, a riff on Aliens and Invasion of the Body Snachers all while trying to channel H.P. Lovecraft. I just wrote it to be entertaining. I should dig it up and post it on my blog.

Edit: if you are interested, you can read the very short story here.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited February 2016
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Creepypasta....I once wrote something on the Sims2 forum. I don't know if it would be considered creepypasta. I wasn't aware of the term back then. It was a story about spilling coffee on my keyboard while loading up Sims 2 University and getting "Townie Town" instead. There was a hidden town, a giant insect, a riff on Aliens and Invasion of the Body Snachers all while trying to channel H.P. Lovecraft. I just wrote it to be entertaining. I should dig it up and post it on my blog.

Edit: if you are interested, you can read the very short story here.

Yes, you should! Sounds quite entertaining. :)

As for this so called town, I think Origin hopes people will update to patch 1.69 just to see this Mis-AdventureLand.
    Post edited by Okblondee7 on
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Just checked the games I got from Steam I don't have this world but I have not checked my 32GB yet but that world Adventureland almost sounds creepy
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Weird mine says sunset valley.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    If anyone is interested, I am legitimately writing an Adventureland creepypasta (and an active forums member happens to be the main character!)

Actually, I'm not sure if being the main character is a privilege.......
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    If anyone is interested, I am legitimately writing an Adventureland creepypasta (and an active forums member happens to be the main character!)

Actually, I'm not sure if being the main character is a privilege.......

Ha, didn't think anyone would actually do it! I'll read it when you're done :P
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Maxis said to a challenge.... "Challenge accepted"?
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Hey maybe this insertion of Adventureland is a clue to a possible opening of a real life The Sims Adventureland, like Disneyland or Movieworld.

@Igazor maybe I'll go ahead and try my game with the patch but checking the boxes first, and make a backup just in case.
    I recently spent a lot of money on a year's premium subscription to Runescape but as a Sims player, it is difficult to put up with online multiplayer for too long. You can go about doing your own thing but sooner or later other players get in the way and interfere. I think that is probably why the past online attempt of The Sims failed -- all these years of Simmers doing their own thing, imagining it might be fun for others to join them and then realising that results in it not being their own game after a while. The pleasure in showing others your game can more than be fulfilled in the form of posting and downloading that is already in the forums.

Who are the two single sims that come with Adventureland? Are they the same for everyone, or random like townies? Were they also in Sunset Valley? Are all the NPC's the same as Sunset? If both are new in Adventureland but the same for everyone's Adventureland, then that is very cool don't you think? Especially that there wasn't enough vacant lots in Sunset, for me anyway. Or are there vacant lots now? I am imagining that because there's only two single sims in it, that the previously inhabited lots are now vacant, are they?

The next whole day I have to myself, I think I am intrigued enough to check it out.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • dx1965dx1965 Posts: 335 Member
    I did a search and found this let's play on Adventureland https://youtu.be/ucSldQzVig8
    "can they die in the military" lol. Wish I was new to sims again, it was much funner finding out stuff, kind of. Cute. There's an icecream truck? I've never seen one. Oh I think it's a carpool. Or is it. He's missing his carpool. I miss playing. Next whole day free I have I'm going to.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Never heard of that, for a min. I was about to get excited thinking their giving us new worlds lol but that's hella weird that some are getting this world. Kinda creepy..how does a random world just pop up?
    giphy.gif

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Never heard of that, for a min. I was about to get excited thinking their giving us new worlds lol but that's hella weird that some are getting this world. Kinda creepy..how does a random world just pop up?
    Well, we know it happened at least once or else we would all be floating around in space... :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    So does anyone know, where in my files I can remove the patch? Or do I need to uninstall/reinstall?
    Was thinking of making a backup before playing with it, and then if it's broken I'll remove the patch from the backup and play that.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    So does anyone know, where in my files I can remove the patch? Or do I need to uninstall/reinstall?
    Was thinking of making a backup before playing with it, and then if it's broken I'll remove the patch from the backup and play that.

You need to uninstall/reinstall but if you have the downloaded version of the game or the disc that requires Origin (from 2012 onward) you're sunk.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • 1055310553 Posts: 1 New Member
    I Just downloaded my games on my other computer ( Dell Desktop) Im not going to open the world because I thought it was some glitch. I thought I did something wrong. I never used Custom Content or Mods. Plus I don't even use those I just have the base game worlds and base game hair, clothes and furniture (How boring) well can someone tell me did EA do a glitch?
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    In the family bios of the two families it just says 'adventurer' maybe before the base game came out they knew that WA was going to be the first expansion and Sunset Valley was the world for it. But later changed WA to not have a world and used 'Adventureland' for the base game world buf changed it's name.

This is similar to the theory I came up with in my mind.

<----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I no see it, but google said me it is a custom made world (with no CC but Store content) shared at TS3 Exchange
  • MrsBungleMrsBungle Posts: 7 New Member
    I bet it's simply the world they used to test traveling before the release of WA. The movie, Adventureland, came out the same year as both the base game and the first expansion. Perhaps someone on the team was a fan, or just kind of uncreative. I'm willing to wager this is just a testing world that somehow slipped into this build many years later.