Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Adventureland" added with Patch 1.69.43?

Comments

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Based on my observations of Adventureland, Sally Hardy, and Jack Ransone -

I strongly believe that Adventureland (AKA Sunset Valley) was a test-bed for a (failed) career - Archaeologist career.

Think Indiana Jones type of adventure for your Sims. You go out to collect relics for museums and getting paid for the treasures your Sims brought back.

Since EA doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Adventureland, Sally, or Jack, I believe that the archeology career didn't pan out (why I don't know) and - instead of disappointing Sims 3 fans so early in the franchise - EA chose to sweep Adventureland under the rug.

So why not now?

EA is working on Sims 4 and consider Sims 3 "yesterday's news". So they left Adventureland in the past, forgotten - tried to anyway. The 1.69 patch uncovered Adventureland by accident, and (as the saying goes) "Once the genie is out of the bottle, it can't be put back in".
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Sound like CC world... search at the exchange if there something like that.
    I have 1.69 and don't have nothing like that...
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2017

It isn't a CC world. Do you have world adventures at all ?

I don't have 1.69 because I refuse to infect my PC with the Origin patch, so I've never seen Adventureland, but it wouldn't surprise me if @5782341b77vl were right.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Pary I'm patched to 1.67 on my gaming laptop, and 1.69 on my computer, and I've only seen Adventureland once. It was there when I was installing all my stuff after buying a new computer, and now it isn't there anymore... *shrugs* It's just a pity it wasn't a "real" adventureland, WA style... :/
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MichaelS1990MichaelS1990 Posts: 14 New Member
    If anyone knows how to delete this pointless "Adventureland" without uninstalling any patches let me know. I realize its presence doesn't hurt anything, but it's just annoying having to see it my neighborhood list. Guess I have a bit of OCD.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    If anyone knows how to delete this pointless "Adventureland" without uninstalling any patches let me know. I realize its presence doesn't hurt anything, but it's just annoying having to see it my neighborhood list. Guess I have a bit of OCD.
    In your Programs (x86) folder, look for a directory that goes something like Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP01\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and see if Adventureland is there alongside the three WA worlds. But honestly, I wouldn't recommend removing it as we have no idea what doing so might break along the way. If another patch comes out someday (seems unlikely), the absence of that file where it's expected to be could be a problem. We also don't know what an Origin based Repair Game might do if that file is missing, should you ever need to run one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    I just did a fresh complete install of sims 3 from Origin, obviously 1.69 and also got adventureland. immediately got curious and was about to run to google wondering why sunset valleys name has changed when i noticed sunset valley was still there. that got me even more curious lol.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Based on my observations of Adventureland, Sally Hardy, and Jack Ransone -

I strongly believe that Adventureland (AKA Sunset Valley) was a test-bed for a (failed) career - Archaeologist career.

Think Indiana Jones type of adventure for your Sims. You go out to collect relics for museums and getting paid for the treasures your Sims brought back.

Since EA doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Adventureland, Sally, or Jack, I believe that the archeology career didn't pan out (why I don't know) and - instead of disappointing Sims 3 fans so early in the franchise - EA chose to sweep Adventureland under the rug.

So why not now?

EA is working on Sims 4 and consider Sims 3 "yesterday's news". So they left Adventureland in the past, forgotten - tried to anyway. The 1.69 patch uncovered Adventureland by accident, and (as the saying goes) "Once the genie is out of the bottle, it can't be put back in".

We need more carreers and to be an archeologist will be so cool I love the idea of. I stay with my dvd and patch 1.67.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member

Me, too. No sign of Adventureland - and I have all EA content (including the Store) in my game. Very strange . . .
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »

Me, too. No sign of Adventureland - and I have all EA content (including the Store) in my game. Very strange . . .

I think Adventureland only appears in the neighborhood selection when you reinstall the game, where it patches to 1.69 autonomously, atleast that's how it was in my game.

I also think it was just an accident that Adventureland was patched in. @5782341b77vl Nice theory you have. I also thought that it was a world to test something for World Adventures, and something like a new career sounds logical.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    Adventureland.world (world file) has a October​ 22, 2009 create date. If you're keeping track, World Adventures was the first EP and was released (in U.S.) on November 18, 2009. This means that EA would've​ had almost a whole month to (in theory) undo a failed Archeologist career and rework the EP .

But remember, this is just a theory and since we don't have any solid evidence (or a former employee to talk to), it will have to remain a mystery.
  • VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member
    Its literally sunset valley but only 2 families leave in it!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    It's a great base for an apocalypse setting - the world has ended and there are only two families and yourself left in the town of Sunset Valley after a plague has hit. Hey, I'm willing to work with it...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Love the idea, @Nikkei_Simmer

I was kinda toying with the thought of that! Remove a few trees and replace them with the "lighting strike" or "scorched" trees in EDIT TOWN mode. Also, rework the paint colors of the houses, so that they looked​ like they're chipping.

There's mods that makes it possible to bring meteors down when YOU want (meteors wouldn't land in streets - lots only)!

And if you REALLY wants to go "all out" - there are mods that makes the "wrecked car" buyable. You could buy a few of them to put all over town.

The only thing is I'm not sure if you can get the "rabbit hole" buildings to look cruddy as well.

(For extra credit)

Take the inhabitants and give them really wrecked looking outfits (it is a post-disaster type game, right?)
    The only thing is I'm not sure if you can get the "rabbit hole" buildings to look cruddy as well.

There are CASTable Rabbitholes available at MTS :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited April 2017
    I know this is probably a question for @igazor, but can you dictate the numbers of zombies that the Supernatural EP generates with NRAAS? :D Hellooooo, TWD. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I know this is probably a question for @igazor, but can you dictate the numbers of zombies that the Supernatural EP generates with NRAAS? :D Hellooooo, TWD. :D
    Do you mean during the full moon? That would be a job for Retuner or a standalone tuning mod.

Retuner > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers > LunarCycleManager > kNumSimsToBeZombifiedOnFullMoon > (default is 2 or 3, this might be dependent on the world)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    I also reinstalled my Sims 3 recently, and Adventureland was there when I ran the game for the first time after reinstalling. It has since disappeared on its own? *shrugs* I can't figure it out. I didn't touch the town when I first saw it because it came off a bit strange to me and felt that if I did run it, it would destroy my game or something :D
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Although I had the patch for it, I didn't get Adventureland until I had registered my games onto Origin. Threw me for a loop for a little bit when I saw it. It's an excellent town for story building, though!
    edited July 2017
    I was actually thinking about turning my Adventureland save into a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland after Sunset Valley got eliminated by three targeted SS-24s which hit the Fort Gnome military base and turned it into radioactive rubble. One SS-24 undershot the base and eliminated the center of the city in a devastating nuclear detonation.
    Comparable in size and concept to the US Peacekeeper, the SS-24 is cold-launched with 10 warheads (each with a yield of 550KT)

Let's just say that Sunset Valley is completely flattened...

And if I can find rubble and wrecked houses, I was going to bulldoze the entire city and set up ruins in their place. Maybe some strategic placement of fog emitters. And have only a few Sim families in there trying to survive...no store...no places to get food...no restaurants...everything is by hunting for seeds and growing what plants they can underground. The surface won't be useable for eight Sim weeks. Unfortunately there is no mod for "radiation poisoning"...but well...we can simulate it with testingcheatsenabled and manually dragging the hunger meter down to the red...(radiation does affect people's ability to keep food down). 2 Sim hours at the surface can easily put a sim's LD of radiation into the critical where survival from that dose isn't possible.

This concept would work better with ITF since you have soil rugs that you can place in your bunker so that you could plant seeds that you had carefully prepped prior to the Apocalypse. :mrgreen: Prepper Sims. :D Yay.
    slynnski wrote: »
    I also reinstalled my Sims 3 recently, and Adventureland was there when I ran the game for the first time after reinstalling. It has since disappeared on its own? *shrugs* I can't figure it out. I didn't touch the town when I first saw it because it came off a bit strange to me and felt that if I did run it, it would destroy my game or something :D

@slynnski I'm not sure why yours disappeared, but mine's still there. Maybe you have to update your game. I'm not certain but since it came on one of the updates, that perhaps your reinstall of the game took you right down to the base game with no updates? You may have to re-update your game. If you have updated your game since then and it disappeared on its own, I have absolutely no clue as to why.

Adventureland.png

Mine's still there as of currently editing this post...when I started the game today not more than five minutes ago.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    I think it's a real shame if there actually were a career that EA decided not to bother with, though,with their track record it isn't surprising, they have a habit of just tossing things aside into the "too hard" basket.
    An Archaeologist career would have been a really exciting addition to WA. I've made do with the Egyptologist career written by MissyHissy. She also kindly wrote a Museum Curator career for me, so that I could at least have my adventuring sim feel like all her adventuring was helping with something.

I love PostApoc stuff. There are ruined buildings decor from SN I believe, and you can build or download some wrecked homes.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
    If I KNEW the exact reason WHY Adventureland existed in the first place, I'd try to do a Wikia page for it, Sally, and Jack, but since the failed archeologist career is just a theory, I doubt Simswikia (or other wiki site) would accept such pages. Plus I'm sure EA would be contacted and they'd just deny it ever existed. :/

With NO former employees we could interview to help us out, we'll have to keep guessing about Adventureland.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    edited July 2017
    Nice! :+1:

Sally and Jack pages too! awesome!