Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 4x4 Challenge for Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    You know what? It could always be the 10x10 up/down challenge. :smiley: Maybe build the main floor then one down then one up and so on or vice versa.

Pretty pictures @suzses; I just love your creativity.

Oh, what a great idea @BSIRegina ! Not sure I have the skills to go down more than one basement level, though. We might need a tutorial to go with it.

And, thank you again. I'm having fun with this house. :)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @BSIRegina, great idea! I would really have to hone my basement building skills, I've only attempted it once in the whole time I have been playing Sims.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    If you're using the basement tool it's the easiest thing in existence. Just select the tool in Build Mode, draw a basement on the ground just like you would a foundation, then click the button to go down a level and place a staircase and there you go, instant access back up to the ground level.

It's when a person is trying to place a WA basement inside a cut-out foundation that things can get pretty tricky, in that it all has to be done in a certain order and leaves very little room for making any mistakes.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Is it as easy if it's a 2nd level down? Like, if you were on the basement level, could you just draw the a basement again and it would go down another level? I don't have issues with a simple basement, but anything beyond that and I've just thrown my hands up in the air and decided to do something else.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Pretty sure it's that easy - just be in the first level basement when you go to use the tool - the tricky part is the stair placement.
  • Options
    It's been a long time since I built a multi-basement level house but yeah, it was really easy to do it. I don't remember if it was a matter of painting another basement over the basement floor or if it was a click down to the next level, probably the first since that makes more sense. If I was in my game right now I'd check but I'm doing something in CAW.

The stair placement isn't too difficult if the basement rooms are lined up with each other, as in where it gets placed will be the same space as the opening in the above floor. Offsetting basement rooms can be a lot of fun. >:)
  • Options
    So I was saving up to do two expansions and then my book writing royalties came in giving me over 64,000 - so... that's three expansions and I'm going to say that's a finish. I've had fun with this challenge, @Charlottesmom - thanks for posting it. Nichol rates your challenge a solid 8.5
    22674701404_7ccb3fb41d_b.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations @Surreal!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Nice job, Surreal. Loved your story telling and think I'll miss hearing about Nichol and Kearney.

Edited to add: Do we get to see what you did? Please o:)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    I go into a Turkey coma and you all have done so much today haha.

I totally agree with the basement idea.
  • Options
    Surreal wrote: »
    So I was saving up to do two expansions and then my book writing royalties came in giving me over 64,000 - so... that's three expansions and I'm going to say that's a finish. I've had fun with this challenge, @Charlottesmom - thanks for posting it. Nichol rates your challenge a solid 8.5
    22674701404_7ccb3fb41d_b.jpg

Thank you Nichol, you sweety!! <3
  • Options
    Sookie_54 wrote: »
    I go into a Turkey coma and you all have done so much today haha.

I totally agree with the basement idea.

LOL!!! I was totally turkeyed out yeaterday, been gobbling up those darn mashed potatoes today so I'm in a carb coma!
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom haha I'm about to eat a turkey quesadilla and then some sweet potatoes. haha
  • Options
    @Surreal, I was messing around with the 10x10 this afternoon and agree the solution is either the basement levels or 4- 10x10 levels with two 10x10 levels next to the 4 leveled 10x10 house...
    Screenshot-55_zpsv8alqgfb.jpg
    Screenshot-56_zpsnbrkjqrc.jpg
  • Options
    Aww, everyone's moved on to 10 x 10, and it's too quiet here. :( I'm not going 10 x 10, at least not right now (unless I grab some of those other DV sims to give it a try - some of them looked interesting enough to at least check out). But, heaven help me, my mind keeps considering worlds for NIF. Is that discussed anywhere, other than in that thread about worlds to use? I like the chatting part. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    I haven't moved on to the 10x10 and probably won't since I have too many other things both in-game and out to do. I've kind of gotten side-tracked from the 4x4 while I'm fixing something else, though.
  • Options
    You've about finished the 4 x 4, haven't you @suzses - I think you have one more expansion, right? We'll still be here to chat. :smile: You can stay in the same save and move to another family for the 10x10, or... were you going to do the NIF challenge? We can start a new thread, or just use the one that is there - I'm working on both challenges right now.

I didn't actually go in and add the three expansions... but I can do that I suppose - see how silly I can get. :wink: She never did get to become a witch...
  • Options
    Boo!!
    Screenshot-131_zpscp6bw9ui.jpg

I'll still post here, as I'm going to do a roommate (eventually married) 4x4 after the 10x10. I'm going to pair up my evil (but charming) vampire Vladimere with Pearl. Don't you think they would have cute kiddos?
    Vladimere (my avatar):Screenshot-206_zpshshfonoj.jpg
    Pearl:Screenshot-164_zpse1agqw6q.jpg
  • Options
    @BSIRegina Well, we'll want to see some more Yogi Tea when you get back there. :)

@Surreal Oh, yeah, I think I MORE than finished it. :D Was still going to dole out some updates. Maybe I'll just make it into one and try to be concise. ;) But, Nichol needs to get to be a witch! (because I want to hear about it ;) ).

Would be fun to have an NIF discussion/picture thread somewhere methinks. I need to find a world, one that won't take half a year to prepare. My biggest concern w/it is whether I'll be able to stand the NPC/townie genetics. I didn't see anywhere that I can't take them into CAS and fix 'em, did I?

@Charlottesmom I think Vlad and Pearl could be very interesting! I'm sure their kids would have great eyebrows. Anyway, I have this thread bookmarked so I'll be sure to see when anyone comes by. :)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    So, this thread got moved? And I lost it!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Where did it move to?? Forget it I got it....
  • Options
    See... this is all because @suzses accused me of storytelling!!!

All right, I'll see if I can make her a witch. Sheesh.
  • Options
    Surreal wrote: »
    See... this is all because @suzses accused me of storytelling!!!

All right, I'll see if I can make her a witch. Sheesh.

Haha. Good.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    I just started a new 4x4.
    I'm on my phone while playing right now. I remembered to take lots of screenshots that I'll post later. :)