Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 4x4 Challenge for Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    @Ariel0105 - you started with two kids? In a 4x4? This I gotta see!!!
    ^^^ Glutton for punishment.

@Sookie_54 - I like Monique, especially the hair - pretty color. And yay!! Three expansions! :smile:

OK, @suzses - just for you. So... since I had technically gotten all the expansions, I figure the size limit is off now and I am free to build as I see fit. What that really means is I was building and forgot about how many squares and whatnot so... I dunno what happened.

Anyway - pictures! Here is the completed house
    23060819449_642db4c753_b.jpg

Different angles of the living room/area
    23320363802_21065cd7af_b.jpg

The reading area with the alcove hiding the stairs... I had though Kearney's decorating taste was going to shine through (as seen by those paneled walls there in the alcove), but... ummmm... well, you'll see
    23060853399_703ff12ea7_b.jpg

One side of the kitchen (took out the canning station because... eh... they never used it)
    23060865549_5823d203aa_b.jpg

And the other side
    23402668326_17ca8d8811_b.jpg

And Nichol finally got a private place to err... write
    22801652793_c49fa70939_b.jpg

And the other side (she's really gonna write, I swear)
    22801659483_7c07b834b6_b.jpg

As you know, Nichol has a very... vivid taste in colors. While Kearney loves his wife dearly, her taste is another story. He told her the only way she was going to keep her decor downstairs was if she let him have his decor upstairs. The compromise? He gets one piece of "his" stuff in the living room and she gets one piece of her stuff in the bedroom. The upstairs landing
    22800489134_a02f703961_b.jpg

Apparently Kearney got a bit over-enthusiastic with bloom in the garden one day because all of a sudden... there was greenery everywhere
    23428847635_5f90fb7733_b.jpg

But he was jumping for joy. Nichol, on the other hand, was like... *yawn*
    23320379452_77c36a417a_b.jpg

And the other side
    23346306291_126fee9110_b.jpg

Jeffrey has aged up
    23402631856_040eee0409_b.jpg

He is quite upset over the fact that he did not inherit his father's fairy-ness. He has decided he will, in defiance of the unfairness of life, be a pirate. Nichol has told him that once she becomes a witch, he can be a fairy if he likes, but I don't think he believes her. In order to smooth over his feelings a bit, they allowed Jeffrey to use an ocean-going theme for his room. He insisted on the doors and windows - personally I think he's seen one too many pirate moves. He even insisted on a stool for his desk because he thought that's what a pirate on a ship would have. smh - it's your back, kid.
    23060871789_dcfc8ea20c_b.jpg
    Not sure how he figured in the chemistry set, but maybe in his mind pirates know chemistry?

And his cute little boat bed
    23428839445_63563d711a_b.jpg

And yes, Nichol is working on becoming a witch
    23320316742_310dbbcede_b.jpg

Kearney continually interrupts her, though. "honey, there's this weird guy talking to me through your mirror"
    23320314942_b57a7c580f_b.jpg

Nichol: I've heard the cowplant produces yummy cake - why don't you go check?
  • Options
    Ariel0105Ariel0105 Posts: 329 Member
    @Surreal ok soon as a figure out how to upload pictures LOL sorry the other website www.thesims3.com was way easier to figure out!
    amazing-horse-pictures.jpg
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    You have to have a rank of Member in order to post pictures, @Ariel0105 - I think that rank kicks in around 50 posts or something? Once you hit Member rank, posting pictures here is the same as the old site.
  • Options
    oh nuts :/
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    I know - but you'll be there before you know it. :smile:
  • Options
    Yeah i guess so :smiley:
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Ooh, more victims, er, players! I can't wait to see all the new screenshots or even just to read about the adventures. :smiley:
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    You have to have a rank of Member in order to post pictures, @Ariel0105 - I think that rank kicks in around 50 posts or something? Once you hit Member rank, posting pictures here is the same as the old site.

I think @Ariel0105 needs some likes, too. I forget how many but I'm helping.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    OK, @suzses - just for you. So... since I had technically gotten all the expansions, I figure the size limit is off now and I am free to build as I see fit. What that really means is I was building and forgot about how many squares and whatnot so... I dunno what happened.

Oh, thank you. :) I enjoyed every picture of it.
    As you know, Nichol has a very... vivid taste in colors. While Kearney loves his wife dearly, her taste is another story. He told her the only way she was going to keep her decor downstairs was if she let him have his decor upstairs. The compromise? He gets one piece of "his" stuff in the living room and she gets one piece of her stuff in the bedroom.

I try to tell my husband things like this, too, but he doesn't listen as well. ;)
    He insisted on the doors and windows - personally I think he's seen one too many pirate moves.

You know, if you had kept them in the past, this wouldn't have happened.

And . . .
    Nichol: I've heard the cowplant produces yummy cake - why don't you go check?

Methinks the honeymoon's over? And after he saved her with that fish, too.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @Minx I'm done feeling sorry for Jasper. He has the most interesting un-sim-like things happen in his life. He's doing quite fine (at least with the women).

@Sookie_54 Monique is a cutey. Looks like the expansions are coming right along. Gambling problem, huh? Teehee.

@hugzncuddles , @Ariel0105 and @Adventure4U1 Looking forward to hearing and seeing what you do with this. :)
    And yes, Dragon Valley is gorgeous. Not sure what took me so long to get around to playing it, but I'm glad I finally did.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Ariel0105 wrote: »
    oh nuts :/

Keep posting and we'll keep "liking" you up there! We'll have you posting pictureses ASAP!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Soooooo much has happened today, I played a marathon!

Vlad decided to tour the moselieum (sorry spelling!) and of course ran into the bear!
    Screenshot-138_zps5pkemlyd.jpg
    Vlad and Pearl making friends with Jared and Claire, Claire loved Vlad but Jared was lukewarm about Pearl...
    Screenshot-135_zpst7tnb7rr.jpg

Vlad befriended then released this Cockatoo
    Screenshot-142_zpsfjfn6hgw.jpg

Lotsa gardening!
    Screenshot-146_zpshzk0mtsq.jpg
    Pearl's truck...spiffy huh?
    Screenshot-150_zpsnktitmon.jpg
    Making friends with Simon (my all time favorite Vampire...Don't tell Vladimere...) Come to find out this is not MY Simon this is a clone I moved out and he decided to move back in, my real Simon is in the criminal career....which he WILL be quitting tomorrow!!! :/
    Screenshot-153_zpscrrdnzhd.jpg
    Dylan loves everyone!
    Screenshot-155_zpsmr9qkgnh.jpg
    Vlad helping with gardening....why do vamps get zzzzzz's when they're napping?
    Screenshot-158_zpst0npo8kr.jpg
    He leveled up to 4 in painting...
    Screenshot-162_zpsdr5avl7k.jpg
    now you see it......
    Screenshot-164_zpscnwlhlfs.jpg
    now you don't...I forgot Vlad was a klepto! semi easy moolah$$!
    Screenshot-165_zpsidbynuj2.jpg
    No new additions today, $20,000 is hard to get even with two!
    Edited to add:
    THIS is my real Simon! Gotta kill off that other imposter....Screenshot-133_zpsxhhndtuu.jpg

oh and the house had some excitement today that I forgot about....Screenshot-171_zpsndsmwflf.jpg Darn thief!!

keep posting everyone, I'm totally lovin' the pictures and stories! :smiley:
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • Options
    suzses wrote: »
    Surreal wrote: »

I think @Ariel0105 needs some likes, too. I forget how many but I'm helping.

Me too, liking all! :smiley:
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited December 2015
    @suzses I don't think think Jasper needs anyone to feel sorry for him, just someone to set him straight in life. I can't wait to find out what this new child is going to be and whose it is going to be.

I opted to wait to sell the boat and instead sent Jasper to China to try and earn some money to get two rooms for his children. I will probably sell the boat after and then implement the 20k rule. Justine hasn't started earning money, yet, though!

@Charlottesmom Love the update! Curious, though, why did he catch the bird and then let it go? He could have sold it.

And she needs 50 points and 50 posts in order to post.

PICTURE TIME!

Here is Athena and her mother Sarah, Got that partial alien baby I wanted. This is Jasper's third child.
    dWMiQav.jpg

Justine and Jasper on their first date.

gahy6Lh.jpg

Jasper and Maribel. Then Justine and Maribel. It would seem that she has inherited his jaw line and hair color. Her mother's eyes and skintone.

rBysXVR.jpgEv8U5zp.jpg

And then confirmation!

K1UbtGx.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @Minx, he caught "her" then let her go because she was only worth $17.00 and I figured the Simmy karma would be good for him.

I love Jasper and how he is not your typical beautiful model perfect Sim, that boy has character!!

Excellent update! :smiley:
  • Options
    Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    I am loving all of the updates. I didn't get much time to play yesterday. It was my son's first day back to school after Thanksgiving break and it was hectic. Getting back into routine is exhausting. Then he had speech after school. By the time we got home we were all exhausted. Hubby, boys and I were all in bed by 7:30! :o

I am happy everyone likes Monique. @Surreal Her hair color is the same as mine. It is NOT easy to maintain in real life though. I love Nichol's stories

@Charlottesmom loving Vlad and Pearl. They are just so cute.

@Minx MORE BABIES!!! Oh My! At least they are cute...

@Ariel0105 I can't wait to hear about your 4x4

@suzses yes a little gambling problem...maybe not so much problem because it's bought me some expansions. :)
  • Options
    @Sookie_54 - red hair is *never* easy to maintain lol

@Charlottesmom - awww... the burglar. I almost always get the burglar within my first few days of any kind of challenge - but not this time. And that truck!! (my eyes!! lol) Never noticed vampires get "zzzz's" while napping... how strange.

@Minx - that Jasper... seems to know his way around the ladies, doesn't he. He's doing well.

@Ariel0105 - keep posting so we can keep liking your posts - you'll be a member real soon - want pictures!

@suzses - Husbands not listening to decorating advice (or much of anything else)... yeah - they're tough that way. More training required. lol As to the whole pirate thing... I blame Johnny Depp. (I'd have said Errol Flynn but I don't think anyone knows who that is hahahaha). The honeymoon isn't exactly over - Nichol just has an overabundance of snark - have no idea where she gets that from...
  • Options
    Oki lol!!!!
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    OOOOHHH idea!!! Next time i do this challenge Its going to be (the best i can make it since i dont have into the future) SI-FI since i promised my dad I'd make him a si-fi house!
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    oh and @Minx i LOVE the name Athena when i get pets I'm going to make a huge horse and name her Athena from Greek mythology!! :smile:
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @Ariel0105 - I kept seeing your name pop up and I was like "how many times is she going to post... oh, right." lol

Tell your dad that in order to make him a proper sci-fi house, you need ITF (and possibly the Futureshock store set) - the Christmas fairies may be listening. :smile:

Edited to add tag
  • Options
    Lol Ok :wink: -FACE PALM- thats what i was missing on my Xmas list for my Parents XD
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    Ariel0105 wrote: »
    Lol Ok :wink: -FACE PALM- thats what i was missing on my Xmas list for my Parents XD

Whaaaaa? Fix that immediately!! lol
  • Options
    Lol i just did :P
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    AHHH!!! you guys have no idea how hard this is with a little sister pestering you to "Make ELSA for my birthday!!"
    my wishlist
    my wishlist