Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shayleajay's thankyou!!!! thread

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Oh @Shayleajay - that is just delightful! I want to sit there with the group, enjoy the music and have a nice hot cup of coffee (or tea). :relaxed:
  • Options
    shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    @Reachsims ikr? makes me wish I had something like that irl.

@mothersuperior2 I just learned yesterday that there might be a 4th tiny crazy person in a year or so, when I heard that my first thought was "but... but... but... she promised me no more!" :sweat:
    Apparently her and her husband aren't actively preventing a child :sweat_smile: and he wants another one (he is a great daddy, very patient with the kids)... and it only took a few months last time... either she's going to have to be a stay at home mom or I'll need a major raise :D
    I really hope if #4 comes its a boy... a nice quiet, calm boy like his daddy... both her girls are way too hyper, just like their mom... if #4 is a girl I will have to quit... they'll kill me :cold_sweat:
    tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Glad you're enjoying your gifts <3
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    So the youngest one wasn't an 'accident' after all? :o
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    So the youngest one wasn't an 'accident' after all? :o

sort of an on-purpose accident, they weren't trying to have one just yet but they were planning on having one. She figured it would take a while for it to happen and instead it was insta-baby LOL.

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    They are lucky you are there to help. :)
    How old will the others be, when No. 4 arrives? B)

Edited because I hadn't finished talking, when my fingers did the walking!
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    if #4 happens within the next year or so they'll be around 9,6, and 3.

• Options
    My sim making herself a toy at the Golden Ticket Toy Shop.
    v35e39c6ysgxji9zg.jpg
    ntk2joigmjz5jdgzg.jpg
    Thankyou so much @Reachsims for the lottery and for the Gold version of Midnight Hollow.
    The past month has been so rough and stressful and the kindness and generosity of so many people here on the forum has been such a help. I go on here and read posts and see how kind and generous everyone is to eachother and it cheers me up for a little while and gets my mind off things.

• Options
    I know life can be really rough and if it's not so hard for a few lucky souls, they will still have some rough spots to get through @shayleajay. I think I can speak for the team of sponsors on the Once-A-Day Lottery team - @despina53, @Friday027, @KaytayRoall, @NagyGina, @WaterHornet and myself - more than anything else, we want to bring a little joy into your world. How we might accomplish that may vary but that is our purpose. I hope you fall in love with Midnight Hollow. Make it yours and find a respite away from all the madness.

P.S. And do ask for (nicely demand) a raise if they are going to have another baby.
  • Options
    @Reachsims I plan to ask for a raise this week anyways, should have had one at the start of the summer when I started looking after all 3 instead of just the 2 oldest but didn't. She's constantly saying to mom (they're friends) that she feels bad for paying me less than I deserve and it's a little irritating that she knows she's underpaying me but doesn't feel bad enough to give me a raise. But that's the smallest of my problems, although a raise would help a little because honestly either she has to pay me more or I have to go find a new job.

• Options
    Good for you, girl. Sometimes we have to push for the things we should already have. Many people can be stingy with their funds but if you are caring for their children, those very children are their greatest asset and where the true wealth lies. So, you kind of have to politely request (insist upon) a raise because you are caring for the greatest treasure the family will ever produce. The children are worth the extra expense and it naturally follows that the one who cares for them, is worth every last stinking dollar they could give (pay) you. Push hard, get your raise and love the children well. I wish you all the best here. I could love and care for my own two children as a stay-at-home mom but I could never care for some one else's brood on a full time basis like you do. You have all my respect for caring for children while their parents choose to work for a higher income. I think their priorities are skewed in the wrong direction but that applies to countless millions in the western world.
  • Options
    @Reachsims They probably could live off just her husbands income, they have before, but she has ADHD and so sitting still is impossible for her. In the summer when the kids are all home she's fine, she loves being with the kids and doing stuff with them, it's when they're at school that she goes a little nuts being alone at home.
    She did do just part-time before, was a school-bus driver, but her father has been in poor health and lives with them now, he drives even me nuts because he is so miserable (and she's constantly telling me I have the patience of a saint o:) ) and I've seen how he talks to her no matter how hard she tries. So I can't really blame her for not wanting to be home all day with him. I'm dreading this school-year when it's just me and the toddler and him most of the day, especially the winter when we're stuck indoors all day.... definitely need a raise if i'm gonna have to listen to him curse and swear and gripe all bloody day.

But, even though I think people who can be stay-at-home parents should be, she helped me out of a bad state. I have severe anxiety and after highschool was over it got worse and I got very agoraphobic, I hardly ever left the house and rarely left my bedroom unless it was necessary (food, bathroom, etc), I can't begin to describe how miserable I was back then. I spent almost 2yrs like that and then my brother recommended me to her now-hubby as a babysitter because despite all that I am great with kids. And slowly over time it got easier to be around people, it's still a massive struggle but because of my job as a babysitter and then part-time nanny for the kids over the past 3yrs I can do a lot of things that I couldn't before. I'm finally going for my licence soon and that will be a huge accomplishment for me.

I do love looking after the kids, I think I should've been born a few centuries ago when I could've been a governess :p and I try not to think about the day when I will have to move on to something else :( .

......see this is what happens when I can't sleep, I have nothing better to do at night than drone on and on LOL.

• Options
    @Shayleajay - I have no words for this situation you are in but I will keep you in my prayers. That is a very hard place to be. *Hugs*
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    @shayleajay , sounds like you are in a tough spot. I'm glad you come here to try to unwind. It's so great to see so many people actually getting along, being nice and friendly, holding out hands to those of us who are having a rough time, and being generous without expectation of something in return. I myself went through depression that sounds a lot like how you were; I holed up in my dorm room, in the pitch dark, and cried all day and all night for no reason. Weirdly enough, I still was able to get myself to class and make Dean's List for both semesters. Go figure...I couldn't get myself to take a shower but I was able to do assignments on time and do well enough to earn a 3.75 GPA. I've always been weird though so I guess it shouldn't surprise me! :disappointed: I can very much sympathize with not sleeping too! I take a chemotherapy drug for leukemia and it's utterly destroyed my ability to sleep. It's been almost 5 years of pretty much being constantly awake. You know something's going on when you stop dreaming. The only way I can explain it, when I do sleep it's just unconsciousness...blackness with no activity. I hate to say it, but it must be what death is like. That's the only point of reference I have, unfortunately.
    And you can still be a "governess", it's just called a "live-in nanny" these days! All hope is not lost if that's your passion in life. I know that anxiety can cause massive problems in life and may prevent you from taking risks and really going out there and snatching up everything in life has to offer. For me personally, medication helped tremendously when I needed it. After some time, and lots of psychotherapy, I was able to get off the medicine and live relatively "normally", though I use that word loosely when it comes to me :D It may be something to ask your doctor about if anything and if you ever do start medicine to help you out know it doesn't necessarily mean it's forever. Deep breaths and one foot in front of the other...it's the only way to try to get through the rough spots without totally unravelling. Know you can always PM if you want someone to listen; sometimes just getting it off your chest is enough to tackle the next hurdle. :)
  • Options
    Thankyou for all the help with the Haute Hacienda Kitchen @scillakees @Reachsims and for the Ice Cream Maker @muminek85
    The kitchen was only 125 and that got me the Fabulous Fiesta, Haute Hacienda Dining, and April 2012 Compilation for free! Yay! Now with the deep fryer my sims can have bacon every day B)

• Options
    That's fantastic! Those cascades are wonderful. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Thankyou for all your gifts @scillakees for the Forest Bedroom! I got it before the sale ran out. The Forest Bedroom & Critter Comforts combined set went up on this weeks sale and was free for me and I only owned 2 items from Critter Comforts.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    So I'm browsing through the store for ad's and I discover that the World Inspiration Compilation is only 190pts!I owned Cante Captivating before but thankyou for all your help with Zen Again, Imperial Bedroom Zen and Provence! @rionismyname @Reachsims @debbycanty @simgeek79 @scillakees @ApparentlyAwesome @mothersuperior2

And that got me the Finest Living Finest Cooking set, so I got the Japanese Inspired Living Compilation for free ^_^

• Options
    What a wonderful surprise! I love it when things fall into place like that, to your benefit. Enjoy your new stuff. :)
  • Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    That's wonderful @shayleajay :)
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    That's great!! Got to love cascades <3 Enjoy all your new things :smiley:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    Glad to help, and as @simgeek79 says, if you follow the Cascades, everything will be yours! Well, naturally, it's not a direct quote!!! B)

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Thankyou @Reachsims and @Readalot1 for your help with The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection!! I love the little decor bits and the plush leather furniture, and personally I can never have too many fishtanks. I'd have one irl if I thought my cats wouldn't try to eat the fish. One of my mom's client's houses actually has a globe that kinda looks like the one in the set.

• Options
    Glad to help, Sweetie. I love the understated elegance of the pieces in that collection and the globe has always been a dear favorite of mine.
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    You're welcome!
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .