Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Now I've read all the entries so far. They are so different, but all of them are really awesome! <3

Waiting for more stories to read :relaxed:
  • Options
    whitewaveldcwhitewaveldc Posts: 532 Member
    I got it finished! :D

Please enjoy You Were Never Enough Until You Were a snapshot of Mallory's life in one therapy session.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited February 2016
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    @whitewaveldc The ending gave me chills. I don't know why it struck with me so hard but it did. It's amazing how much childhood can totally mess with a person without the person even realizing but there is always hope. <3 Really lovely story.
  • Options
    whitewaveldcwhitewaveldc Posts: 532 Member
    Thank you @CeltyGirly

I'm glad you enjoyed it :smile:
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hello, I'm thinking of submitting a story for this month's theme - February 2016. Can I still submit a story? And how do I submit? Do I just post a link here when I'm done? Perhaps I missed this somewhere in the rules.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @AdamsEve1231: The deadline is the end of the month, so yes you can still submit. And as far as I'm concerned, you just post the link and @Carewren123 will update the listings sooner or later.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231: The deadline is the end of the month, so yes you can still submit. And as far as I'm concerned, you just post the link and @Carewren123 will update the listings sooner or later.

That's it, exactly! Just post your link here! The rules on the the first page--check the word limit and number of screenshots allowed, those are the most important ones.

So excited about so many writers participating this month! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    @InfraGreen I'm actually writing right now, I can't wait to release my entry!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Thanks @CathyTea and @InfraGreen.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @everyone

Just stopping by with my entry for this month's short story. Will try to get around to reading some of yours this week sometime.

Lorraine Livingston stars in this month's story, Lorraine's Valentines Dates with her 5 Lovebirds.

https://silverssims2sagas.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/lorraines-lovebirds/

Enjoy!
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Oh good - this is a 15 photo month. I was worried when I realized I had 11 pictures and still at least 3 more to shoot. :D
    My short story is finally coming soon (Early this week, I promise!).
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    I had two ideas and still haven't written either one. But it is great seeing so many new participants!
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Just leaving my twisty entry here... :)

For the Love of Sims

Enjoy! I'll be back to read everything after work!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi everyone! Nice to meet all of you, my name is Virtualee and this is my very very first entry ever, super new to the community and literally just started a free word-press site to join in on the fun...I hope I am not too late to tag along for Feb's short story entry and I hope you enjoy!! ;)https://virtualeeblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/26/my-girl/
    Post edited by VIRTUALEE on
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @VIRTUALEE You can upload your entry until the 29th, I believe. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    @VIRTUALEE You can upload your entry until the 29th, I believe. :)

Thank you! <3
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Hello, everyone! :)
    Great to see new entries! I've read them and I love them! :love:

How about more? ;)
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Hi guys!

Just had a thought. Seeing as the superlatives are dwindling in number, I thought instead of doing all of the stories because it takes so long, we could pick one story each and go into a bit of detail about that? We could do it on a first-come, first-serve basis, so whoever is the quickest gets the first pick etc, etc. That way, we could do it all do it throughout the month, until each story has had a bit of detail about it? Just an idea, you don't have to do it if you don't want too. You could also do a superlative for all of them, if you like.

Hope this makes sense.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    @Spottydog714 My brain may just be tired, but that all went right over my head...
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Hi guys!

Just had a thought. Seeing as the superlatives are dwindling in number, I thought instead of doing all of the stories because it takes so long, we could pick one story each and go into a bit of detail about that? We could do it on a first-come, first-serve basis, so whoever is the quickest gets the first pick etc, etc. That way, we could do it all do it throughout the month, until each story has had a bit of detail about it? Just an idea, you don't have to do it if you don't want too. You could also do a superlative for all of them, if you like.

Hope this makes sense.

Oh, that's an awesome idea! I always get excited about the superlatives while I'm reading, and then later, I realize it would take me a good half hour or more (plus a lot of brain power) to write it, so I just end up postponing. But I really like this idea, and I think it would be very fun!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Ok, so because I don't always understand things. What's the point of a superlative? I mean, I understand you're basically summing up a story, but why are we doing it? I misunderstand points sometimes. Sorry. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Ok, so because I don't always understand things. What's the point of a superlative? I mean, I understand you're basically summing up a story, but why are we doing it? I misunderstand points sometimes. Sorry. :)

We were feeling badly that we could only vote for three stories when every single story has something so amazing about it!

So we decided to do superlatives so that we could share what we loved most about each and every story!

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

We were feeling badly that we could only vote for three stories when every single story has something so amazing about it!

So we decided to do superlatives so that we could share what we loved most about each and every story!

Ohhhhhhhh... I love this idea, now that it makes sense. :) I agree that we should do it, but only as an optional thing. :)
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I had collected all the past superlatives as seeing the examples helps for it to "make more sense" to all the newcomers, but it just keeps getting buried under new posts and is getting hard for even me to find again... Anyway, for those interested, all the superlatives for October through December are collected here:

Superlative Link List

And for last month...

Janauary Superlatives

Given by @Rinellie

My vacation plus illness (I'm down with strep throat at the moment) has really cut down on my time at the moment... right now I'm freaking out over just getting an entry in this month. I still want to do superlatives for last month as I've done them every month, but I'm so stressed with forum stuff to get done... so it'll probably be a "it'll happen later rather than sooner" sort of thing. (The short story has a deadline, the superlatives don't. :-P )
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges