Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Gosh... how come each month it gets harder to vote? I thought that things got easier the more we did them...

I just read all the stories, and once again, every single one I'll be happy if it wins!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    It was so hard for me to vote for 1st and 2nd because there are two stories that were both so good that I couldn't pick one over the other. There are so many talented writers here!
  • Options
    I'm double commenting because I just wrote my story for March since I was bored and really inspired. I actually wrote it out before taking the pictures. I usually do the opposite so this was interesting. I really put a piece of myself into this story and cannot wait to put it all together and get people's feedback. :D
  • Options
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    I'm double commenting because I just wrote my story for March since I was bored and really inspired. I actually wrote it out before taking the pictures. I usually do the opposite so this was interesting. I really put a piece of myself into this story and cannot wait to put it all together and get people's feedback. :D

For this one, since it begins with set words, I need to wait until after I write mine before I read others! That gives me big incentive to finish mine, so I can read yours!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Until I Find It

I worked on this one for a few hours straight and now I may present it. It's a little tiny piece of me. I like submitting super early for whatever reason. I just get so excited I want to dive right into it. Now I can sit back and read as the other submissions come in :)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CeltyGirly Wow... That was fast. XD And I'm still here considering ideas... I really like this one idea, but I'm finding a lot of faults with it now... :P
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I didn't make February's challenge. Too many classes and papers. March's challenge sounds interesting and it's only the 2nd. I think I'll attempt this month.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I voted. :smiley: It was so hard to choose this month! There were so many amazing stories.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Hello lovelies <3 for those who aren't at the lounge, long time no see!
    Hope everybody is well, I will be entering this month I think :D can't wait to get back into writing all these little projects again :P
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ack must vote now - I've been too excited by this month's challenge...

Edit - I feel like voting used to be easier...but at least I'm done - working on superlatives now. Should I wait to post until after voting ends or just anytime?
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    The binge read: my favorite part of the short story challenge every month.
    The vote: my least favorite part of the short story challenge every month.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Need to go binge read these stories so I can vote. I've been completely absent from the forums, school's just been so busy! Bleh! Got the screenshots for my February story done, then they just sat there... and sat there. Maybe I'll write it out someday. XD

Hopefully I'll be able to get March's story done!
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    Need to go binge read these stories so I can vote. I've been completely absent from the forums, school's just been so busy! Bleh! Got the screenshots for my February story done, then they just sat there... and sat there. Maybe I'll write it out someday. XD

Just use your screenshots for the February story for the March story! Boom! Look at all that time saved. :-P
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Still pondering before voting. The stories were all so good this month! This could potentially be the hardest vote yet!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I'm planning on finish up the rest of the stories tonight so I can vote. <3 I'm excited to see what everyone's interpretation is!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I'm planning on finish up the rest of the stories tonight so I can vote. <3 I'm excited to see what everyone's interpretation is!

I love seeing all the different interpretations! That's my favorite part!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Ack must vote now - I've been too excited by this month's challenge...

Edit - I feel like voting used to be easier...but at least I'm done - working on superlatives now. Should I wait to post until after voting ends or just anytime?

I'd suggest waiting until voting closes to post the superlatives. And I agree--voting just gets harder and harder! It's because each story is amazing! Each one could win! So I feel that, as a voter, I need to come up with new criteria: not just, "which one deserves to win." Because each one deserves to!

• Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member

Just use your screenshots for the February story for the March story! Boom! Look at all that time saved. :-P

Yes! Just need to find a way to fit it with the March theme. Hmm...
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options

Yes! Just need to find a way to fit it with the March theme. Hmm...

Or, if you want, you could submit them for the screenshot challenge. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    What a binge I just had. Loved all the entries this month and I just voted!
    Maybe I'll take at stab at writing my own short for this month's theme.
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    I finally voted! That was really super hard. Seriously.
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Oh and @mastressalita 's comment from earlier made me have a crazy thought for a challenge...

Use your same screenshots from a past story and write an entirely new story to go along with them :open_mouth::lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Oh and @mastressalita 's comment from earlier made me have a crazy thought for a challenge...

Use your same screenshots from a past story and write an entirely new story to go along with them :open_mouth::lol:

That sounds like an awesome challenge! ^-^
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

That sounds like an awesome challenge! ^-^

Awesome idea!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

And here I was just being lazy. :-P
    sali_adbanner3.jpg