Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    ra3rei wrote: »
    The reading is the most fun, I have to say. I love seeing all the wild ideas and variations folks have on the theme. It always surprises me. The voting is tough though. I can't put it off much longer, can I?

I do have a glimmer of an idea for this month, need a tiny more plot though. Probably not a TS4 story though...unless there's a specific big expansion this month...there's not, I know. If we're lucky, we'll get a patch...we'll see how the idea evolves.

At least then I wouldn't have to feel like the odd man out yet again, @ra3rei . ^_^;;

Here, here, with raerei saying to you, never feel like the odd mastress! I feel you ARE the inside scoop! :)

i read it wrong . i thought you called her a matress.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    That wouldn't be the first time I've heard that, heh. I created my username from a portmanteau of the words "master" + "mistress" = "mastress" (cause gender neutral and making up nonsensical words that everyone misreads as bedding is cool!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    That wouldn't be the first time I've heard that, heh. I created my username from a portmanteau of the words "master" + "mistress" = "mastress" (cause gender neutral and making up nonsensical words that everyone misreads as bedding is cool!)

i usually call you mast. because its a word my computer knows. words it doesn't know like your username get these red lines under them that make me feel like i'm still in school.i'm to old to feel that way.
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I may or may not be back! Lol! Everything is so hectic here at the moment!
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Voted :)
    This time I managed to read all the stories before the deadline. Which made the voting even harder - so many great stories!
    Maybe I'll manage to be in time with my February story? Well, I'll try :#
  • Options
    Too many "stories" in one comment :disappointed: Sorry - I was in a hurry :flushed:
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Voted! It was such a hard choice, I really wish I could've voted for everyone! XD

I still haven't decided which story idea I want to go with for this month, so I think I'm going to write and post both of them, then choose which one will be my entry. I just finished getting all the screenshots for my TS3 story, so hopefully I can write that tomorrow, or over the weekend.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I really wish I could've voted for everyone! XD

I know! That's how I'm feeling. I'm seriously considering not voting at all, because WAY more than three deserve to win or place! Actually, every submission deserves it! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I still haven't voted, as I can't make up my mind! It's so hard this month! We have until Friday, right?
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Voted! But I agree, it was tough to pick just three to place. Y'all did such a fabulous job! Can't wait to read entries for this month's theme too! Good luck everyone and have fun! :)
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    This month was brutal. I want to say, "That voting submission form was defective! There was only three checkboxes and sixteen entries! This math does not compute!" :-P But then... I say that every month, hahaha!

I absolutely love how different every entry ends up with the same theme, but then, that is always my favorite part! That joyous binge read seeing all the different creative interpretations. Not going to lie, when I first heard the theme, I had zero ideas. I just did not know what to do with that theme, and everyone was posting, "Oh! I've already got a great idea!" and then I felt even worse for thinking that this would be my first month since finding this thread of stepping out a month for lack of inspiration... but that just urged me to try to think of something even more! The theme writing aspect is just so fun.

I am planning on featuring short stories in March for my Weekly Reading Roundup thread, and I'd like to encourage anyone who submits their short stories here that has never submitted their story sites over to the Stories and Legacies Index to please do so before then. I know a lot of the folks here already have their sites submitted, but for any that don't (or if you host your short stories on a different site from the site you may have already submitted to the Index) then please head on over and submit your sites cause I have sort of a short story extravaganza in the works for next month and want to get as absolutely many sites that have short stories registered in the virtual library and featured as possible! (And of course this thread will get plugged more than a college-aged bachelor's kitchen sink, as well!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    That's great @mastressalita I hope everyone signs up over there.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Also I wanted to let everyone know that this month's poll closes after the 6th (midnight Central US). I added an extra day from the normal 5 since we have lots on entries and I wanted to include at least part of the weekend in the voting time. I'll update the front page with the closing time too. Forgot to do it when I posted originally.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Also I wanted to let everyone know that this month's poll closes after the 6th (midnight Central US). I added an extra day from the normal 5 since we have lots on entries and I wanted to include at least part of the weekend in the voting time. I'll update the front page with the closing time too. Forgot to do it when I posted originally.

Thank you so much! So glad to have more reading time! <3

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hello, everyone!
    Happy Birthday to the Sims! :star:
    (A bit too late - as usual :( But better late than never ;) )
    And Happy Valentine to everyone! <3
    @CitizenErased You wanted to see the Bears woohooing in the closet - here they are! :lol:
    And many other WooHoos ;)

Post edited by chealsycat on
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited February 2016
    OMG @chealsycat that bear closet woohoo was everything I ever could have dreamed of :') :lol: (Also, the res of the video was great too! OMG who ever realized how much our little simmies like to get it on? :lol:)

Also... Today is the last day of voting, yes! Wooh! Last month was a great one! (Don't talk to me about February right now... Struggling to figure out how to make my story idea work! :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Also... Today is the last day of voting, yes! Wooh! Last month was a great one! (Don't talk to me about February right now... Struggling to figure out how to make my story idea work! :lol:)

I have this brilliant idea, but so far I'm struggling to get it to work. I think I just need time to let the idea rattle around in my head. Here's hoping it doesn't fizzle out! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    @Carewren123 I have a strange rule-related question :lol: Are we allowed to use a couple of screenshots we've already used in another story? Like, for flashback purposes? My idea for February would likely include a couple (2, MAYBE 3) screenshots from another SimLit story of mine, as a flashback. Is that allowed? If not, I could always re-stage similar shots, not a huge deal! :) Thanks!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @Carewren123 I have a strange rule-related question :lol: Are we allowed to use a couple of screenshots we've already used in another story? Like, for flashback purposes? My idea for February would likely include a couple (2, MAYBE 3) screenshots from another SimLit story of mine, as a flashback. Is that allowed? If not, I could always re-stage similar shots, not a huge deal! :) Thanks!

My story will need this, too! I'm guessing for mine, about maybe 1/2 of the screenshots will have been used before, but the words are all new, and the frame story is new...

• Options
    I finally voted. That was so hard. Each of these deserves to win--such great writing!

And you know what? I think the stories are getting better each month! Yay for this contest helping us to grow and improve as writers! :)

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Ohhh now I am very excited for the results :) I hope the people I voted for win, but honestly I wouldn't be mad if they didn't because all the stories were so amazing this month. I agree with @CathyTea that they are getting better each time ^^
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 and @CathyTea I see no reason not to use some screenshots that have been used before. :)

Not sure that I'll be around to announce the closing of the vote tonight. But I will get the results posted early tomorrow.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    OMG @chealsycat that bear closet woohoo was everything I ever could have dreamed of :') :lol: (Also, the res of the video was great too! OMG who ever realized how much our little simmies like to get it on? :lol:)

Thank you so much @CitizenErased :)
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 and @CathyTea I see no reason not to use some screenshots that have been used before. :)

Not sure that I'll be around to announce the closing of the vote tonight. But I will get the results posted early tomorrow.

Thanks @Carewren123 ! :blush:

Aww, I was excited to stay up until 1am my time for the results :lol: But I can be patient :tongue:

Were there a lot of votes this month? I know you can't reveal a lot, but I always love little clues hehe
    snvAF3B.png