Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Voted, but it took me some time. lol This was super tough! I had an idea for the next short story, but I think I might take this month off and concentrate on my stories. lol Have fun!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Voted! Think this was the hardest one yet to decide!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Voted :scream: So many awesome stories, it was a hard decision! Everyone here is so talented.

Love the theme for February too. And how fitting that we're allowed the extra words this time, given that 2016 is a leap year!
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    I need to look outside of the Thoreau's but now I want to write a Hadley and Carter story. :D

I feel you, @JoieWilder Three guesses where my mind immediately went the second I read "love" :tongue: I may not be able to resist. But I'll definitely try! :lol:

A story featuring Lucas and Evelyn? :heart:

#TeamEvForev
  • BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    After so many missed months, I finally caught up in time to vote!
    Amazing stories as ever; voting just keeps getting harder and harder :s

This month's theme is awesome! No idea if I'll have time to enter but I can't wait to see everyone's entries :smiley:
    [
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    The reading is the most fun, I have to say. I love seeing all the wild ideas and variations folks have on the theme. It always surprises me. The voting is tough though. I can't put it off much longer, can I?

I do have a glimmer of an idea for this month, need a tiny more plot though. Probably not a TS4 story though...unless there's a specific big expansion this month...there's not, I know. If we're lucky, we'll get a patch...we'll see how the idea evolves.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Rinellie wrote: »
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    I need to look outside of the Thoreau's but now I want to write a Hadley and Carter story. :D

I feel you, @JoieWilder Three guesses where my mind immediately went the second I read "love" :tongue: I may not be able to resist. But I'll definitely try! :lol:

A story featuring Lucas and Evelyn? :heart:

#TeamEvForev

Actually yes, @Rinellie ! :lol: I'm about 80% sure on it right now hehe.

Okay, I will say no more! :tongue:

snvAF3B.png
    Say no more.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    I think that is how the end of the quote @CitizenErased14 started goes. From the Beatles movie: Help. :p
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    The reading is the most fun, I have to say. I love seeing all the wild ideas and variations folks have on the theme. It always surprises me. The voting is tough though. I can't put it off much longer, can I?

I do have a glimmer of an idea for this month, need a tiny more plot though. Probably not a TS4 story though...unless there's a specific big expansion this month...there's not, I know. If we're lucky, we'll get a patch...we'll see how the idea evolves.

At least then I wouldn't have to feel like the odd man out yet again, @ra3rei . ^_^;;
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Need to go read through everyone's stories so I can vote. All the stories I've read so far are amazing, no clue how I'll choose!

I have 2 ideas for this months submission. One would use characters in my current story, the other I'd need to use TS3. Luckily, I started downloading Sims 3 and my expansion packs a couple days ago. I guess I'll see how it runs on my new laptop, then decide if I can handle dealing with the lag and all all that fun stuff. XD

Can't wait to see everyone else's ideas!
    yaHATa3.png
    Never feel like the odd one out, @mastressalita (or try not to).

The main reason my stories tend to be in TS4 is I'm more aware of what I can do and get away with. So it's a lot faster. I honestly wish we had more TS3 and even TS2 content if anyone is still playing that besides me. I've got some lovely vampire stories I want to tell and will have to use TS3 for those, so hopefully I can get more familiar with what the other games offer and then I'll have more stories I can tell when the prompt requires it!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I've got some lovely vampire stories I want to tell and will have to use TS3 for those

Hey! You can make vampires work well enough in TS4 ;):tongue:

*still hopes and prays for supernatural TS4 EP*
    snvAF3B.png
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Love with a twist, huh?

I'm going to sit on this tonight while I'm at work doing mindless tasks like putting everything in the store back where it belongs...

The main reason my stories tend to be in TS4 is I'm more aware of what I can do and get away with. So it's a lot faster. I honestly wish we had more TS3 and even TS2 content if anyone is still playing that besides me. I've got some lovely vampire stories I want to tell and will have to use TS3 for those, so hopefully I can get more familiar with what the other games offer and then I'll have more stories I can tell when the prompt requires it!

I finally have TS2 now, @SilverDaybreak gifted me the base game CDROMs for Christmas! ^_^ All the way from Canadaland. <3 I just haven't had the time to install it and do anything with it yet. Debating if I should or wait until I collect some of the EPs first. Still, so much excitement for TS2!

I am waffling between two ideas for February's short story... one is a theme I actually wanted to write about for a certain week awareness week in October (actually, you could probably guess what that is, Rae! Heh) but... the more I think about it, that topic means so much to me I don't think I want to be limited in words and screencaps for that (much like my Purple Day Sims short story). So I think I'll go with my other idea, which I think will be far easier to manage in the current challenge format... unless a different idea suddenly pops into my head before then, as I really won't be able to work on anything until post vacation, and that's a lot of time to have an idea sneak-attack me. You know how that goes...
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

Oh, @mastressalita - I keep forgetting you don't have S4.

I could easily do a Sims 3 story since I spent so much money trying to get it to run. lol I just like Sims 4 better. It's more colorful in my opinion.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @ra3rei I'm going to be doing my story in Sims 2 this month because I need a certain object that we don't have for Sims 4.
    Yay for sim diversity.
    Actually yes, @Rinellie ! :lol: I'm about 80% sure on it right now hehe.

Okay, I will say no more! :tongue:

(gasps) Be still, my heart.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    After so many missed months, I finally caught up in time to vote!
    Amazing stories as ever; voting just keeps getting harder and harder :s

This month's theme is awesome! No idea if I'll have time to enter but I can't wait to see everyone's entries :smiley:

I hope you do! <3:)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

At least then I wouldn't have to feel like the odd man out yet again, @ra3rei . ^_^;;

Here, here, with raerei saying to you, never feel like the odd mastress! I feel you ARE the inside scoop! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Need to go read through everyone's stories so I can vote. All the stories I've read so far are amazing, no clue how I'll choose!

I have 2 ideas for this months submission. One would use characters in my current story, the other I'd need to use TS3. Luckily, I started downloading Sims 3 and my expansion packs a couple days ago. I guess I'll see how it runs on my new laptop, then decide if I can handle dealing with the lag and all all that fun stuff. XD

Can't wait to see everyone else's ideas!

Oh, I'd love to see one with the Isaac sisters! But I'm sure that any story you write will be awesome, and I love to see TS3 Sims! :)

I finally have TS2 now, @SilverDaybreak gifted me the base game CDROMs for Christmas! ^_^ All the way from Canadaland. <3 I just haven't had the time to install it and do anything with it yet. Debating if I should or wait until I collect some of the EPs first. Still, so much excitement for TS2!

I am waffling between two ideas for February's short story... one is a theme I actually wanted to write about for a certain week awareness week in October (actually, you could probably guess what that is, Rae! Heh) but... the more I think about it, that topic means so much to me I don't think I want to be limited in words and screencaps for that (much like my Purple Day Sims short story). So I think I'll go with my other idea, which I think will be far easier to manage in the current challenge format... unless a different idea suddenly pops into my head before then, as I really won't be able to work on anything until post vacation, and that's a lot of time to have an idea sneak-attack me. You know how that goes...
    A love that cats have for a certain woman would also be an amazing story!

Ooooh!
    I hope someone does a Meatballs love story.... about spaghetti! Now that's a twist!

CathyTea wrote: »

A love that cats have for a certain woman would also be an amazing story!
    Actually CT, that was my second idea that I was alluding to. :-P
    sali_adbanner3.jpg