December 14 - Friday Highlight is ready! Click here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

AlphaFen's Attic Of Awesome

123457...Next

Comments

• AlphaFenAlphaFen Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited April 30
    @ciane thank you so much for noticing the details and taking the time to comment! <3 I got lucky in that a lot of the free stuff fitted the build style and that I was born both cheap and tight-fisted B) You and Addy have taught me a lot about accents, angles, not all rooms have to be square etc, and it's the first build that I included them from the start rather than noticed I hadn't done it halfway in :| So YAY progress, I'm really glad they came through :) I don't think I would ever have done the panelling roof things if @creativemetaphor (thank you!) hadn't mentioned that wallpaper on roof walls is free! :hushed: I was drawn to the words free like a coupon carrying moth to a heavily discounted flame >:)
    ciane wrote: »
    I will NOT overuse the word awesome

That's not physically possible, there have been heavily doctored tests to prove it o:)
    Post edited by AlphaFen on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 140,338 Member
    Jonquille Cottage is so very pretty! :) The exterior design and layout of the home and build looks very nice! Very nice roofing and exterior wall patterning. The open shutter and the flower box windows suit the home type well. The garden area design is very nice! The wishing well corner nook with the flowers on the edges of the well is pretty! It is nice that there is a pond in the build. The yellow daffodils through the build are sunny touches. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The blue colour scheme is calming. The open plan living, dining and kitchen areas looks great The reading nook in the attic is very nice! Sims will enjoy resting in the hanging chair. It is great that there is a windows study desk nook in the bedroom for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them whilst using the computer. The yellow floral pattern of the bed and floor rug is pretty.
    It is a very nice cottage! :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,409 Member
    Another beautiful build. While the exterior certainly makes it appropriate for any supernatural town, the interior color scheme totally screams beach front to me. So, it being so versatile, I suspect it may find itself existing in multiple realities.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My Builds thread in the Creative Corner
    @rosemow You have such an evocative way of describing my build, it makes it seem more real, thank you.

@Jude525 I never thought of that! With a white exterior with maybe blue or yellow accents it would be beach ready. I might just do that myself!

Thank you both for visiting and leaving a comment <3
    Jude525 wrote: »
    I suspect it may find itself existing in multiple realities.
    Now I keep thinking of my build in the world's weirdest episode of Star Trek :#
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,119 Member
    edited April 30
    I saw this on the Exchange, and even before I knew you had made it, I had downloaded it, rec'd it, and favorited it. :)

Then I had to come here and let you know how much I like it, and seeing the pictures in your thread makes me doubly glad I downloaded it. :)

I like how you did the well, that is so pretty, and a nice touch.

Now I have to go and throw some cake at my churls. ;)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,151 Member
    You are magician, how did you make that beautiful cottage for under 30k? I tried a few times and left a row of sad over budget houses but Jonquille Cottage doesn't even look like it was made on a budget. Baffling and impressive for sure. I love the soothing but playful pastel color pallet and the shabby but charming decor. I love it!
    @MiaSkywalker Wow, well that's just all round awesome on a plate! :blush: Thank you <3

P.S Cake throwing is wasted on churls, they don't appreciate the irony :'( Even if you wear a six foot wig and insist they call you Marie :weary:

@Jessabeans For tough budgets I find a large supply of serfs and dodgy accounting are a must, if all else fails a ridiculously tiny lot helps o:)

Thank you very much for stopping and even more so for saying such nice things :hushed: I nearly choked when I saw you commented on my thread because I've recently discovered yours ( I lurk there now, you may need to build me an annexe :* ). You have such beautiful taste, all your builds are elegant and absolutely impeccable. They really think through a sims venue needs as well which is very important but often overlooked. I snagged quite a few of your venues and they have really brightened up my Sims world so a super large thank you <3
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,151 Member
    How very nice of you to say! I often lurk in people's creative threads but I'm rather shy about commenting, I usually just leave recs and overuse the awesome button. I'm usually the don't speak until spoken to type but I really thought you did a great job on the challenge.
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,413 Member
    Alpha, I'm late on here but had to say that your builds are wonderful B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gif My Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
123457...Next