May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Davion is a traitor? Why? :( I think here Pauline is wrong... :/ But I try to see the situation in her eyes. She feels lonely in Newcrest and Davion was the only guy who liked her and if not her mother their friendship could be perspective and promising... :( It's really so sad... Now they both (Astrid and Pauline) are so unhappy. But I hope the situation will change someday.
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I feel so much for her! It's hard to feel a connection to a family you've never met, especially when you've been forced to move from someplace right when you finally were feeling happy for the first time! Seeing all the wonderful pictures on the wall of the past generations was so bittersweet. I want to take Pauline and explain to her how wonderful all these people were... only there's no one left there to really make her feel that way, since her mom is lost in her own pain. Yenn needed to live forever! :lol: I hope she finds some of the histories Yenn did of their family, so she could read and maybe a find a connection that way.

(And I don't think she really thinks Davion is a traitor... it's just he was her first kiss, and now he's together with Starr, so it stings, and she was talking to her best friend, so it's like venting rather than serious!)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I'm kinda confused as to how Davion is a traitor :| Good job with the art gallery, it looks really good. It makes me so sad to think that those are the only Bloomers left, and all the rest are dead. When did Liv die? When Monty was a YA she was an adult, right? It breaks my heart to see Puline thinking about Newcrest like this :s I hope she will grow to love Newcrest.
    Davion is a traitor? Why? :( I think here Pauline is wrong... :/ But I try to see the situation in her eyes. She feels lonely in Newcrest and Davion was the only guy who liked her and if not her mother their friendship could be perspective and promising... :( It's really so sad... Now they both (Astrid and Pauline) are so unhappy. But I hope the situation will change someday.

@LunarMoon88 & @roseinblack69 I don't think she really thinks he's a traitor, she's just angry about the situation and having all of her Windenburg ties cut off for her. Had she stayed in Windenburg, her and Davion would probably be a couple at this point, but he ended up dating Starr instead.

Edit: It's basically what Sabreene said :)

I'm trying to think when exactly Liv would have died, I think it would have been in some point during Pauline's childhood. It obviously was before Monty and Scarlet passed away. It is strange to see the bar without her.
    Marialein wrote: »
    It is as we all thought. Pauline is not happy in Newcrest. Looking at the pictures was for me like reading the other gens again. So much happened and Astrid never told her daughter. The sitiation between them is very bad but hopefully (yeah I still hope) will Astrid tell Pauline the truth one day.

@Marialein Something pretty big would need to happen to turn this thing around, I reckon.
    sabreene wrote: »
    I feel so much for her! It's hard to feel a connection to a family you've never met, especially when you've been forced to move from someplace right when you finally were feeling happy for the first time! Seeing all the wonderful pictures on the wall of the past generations was so bittersweet. I want to take Pauline and explain to her how wonderful all these people were... only there's no one left there to really make her feel that way, since her mom is lost in her own pain. Yenn needed to live forever! :lol: I hope she finds some of the histories Yenn did of their family, so she could read and maybe a find a connection that way.

(And I don't think she really thinks Davion is a traitor... it's just he was her first kiss, and now he's together with Starr, so it stings, and she was talking to her best friend, so it's like venting rather than serious!)

@sabreene You've hit the nail on the head once again! It was weird for me to see Newcrest through Pauline's eyes, but we've been there for all that's happened before, while she has not. No wonder it means nothing to her.

And you're absolutely right about the Davion situation!!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Somehow returning to Newcrest feels surreal as a reader. Since we didn't see much of Gen 6, these people seem distant to me to, the feeling Pauline has somehow transferred to me, that Newcrest is so empty... and I don't know what to say about Astrid. Why did she even return if she doesn't seem to care for anyone there? I think she subconciously feels bad for the things that happened between her and her parents and family and she came back in an attempt to do her duty to the family, but still... this was a sad chapter and I really wonder what Pauline will do :(
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Somehow returning to Newcrest feels surreal as a reader. Since we didn't see much of Gen 6, these people seem distant to me to, the feeling Pauline has somehow transferred to me, that Newcrest is so empty... and I don't know what to say about Astrid. Why did she even return if she doesn't seem to care for anyone there? I think she subconciously feels bad for the things that happened between her and her parents and family and she came back in an attempt to do her duty to the family, but still... this was a sad chapter and I really wonder what Pauline will do :(

@Julyvee94 I'm really glad it reads that way! (I mean, obviously it's sad but the reader is mainly supposed to connect with Pauline). To be fair I personally don't feel attached to Astrid's brothers either, I've never really played them (in fact I even struggle to remember their names lol).

You're right, I think Astrid mainly returned to Newcrest out of guilt; when she heard her parents died it was her attempt to make things right with them. She can't actually make up with them, so she decided doing her share for the legacy and building that gallery is what she "owes" them. But her heart's not really in it (even though I'm not sure if she could be happy anywhere at this point).
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    *Sees Newton's guitar**Cries because realizes he's dead too and all the tragic backstory he faced that Pauline doesn't know or care about*
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Pauline, hang on! Some more days/years and you will become YA and do what you want with your life. :)<3 *cheers*
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    It was nice seeing Newcrest again, but I feel for Pauline and can't wait until she moves back and gets Davion back. He's not married, after all...lol! I see drama in her future. (Or maybe a cat fight?)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    *Sees Newton's guitar**Cries because realizes he's dead too and all the tragic backstory he faced that Pauline doesn't know or care about*

@Ruby10990 I love that you realised it was Newton's guitar! Maybe one day things will change. But Pauline will need more of a push.
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Pauline, hang on! Some more days/years and you will become YA and do what you want with your life. :)<3 *cheers*

@anaitapeva That's right! not too long now!
    It was nice seeing Newcrest again, but I feel for Pauline and can't wait until she moves back and gets Davion back. He's not married, after all...lol! I see drama in her future. (Or maybe a cat fight?)

@pammiechick Things won't be straightforward for her, that@s for sure. Though by now I bet she's used to that...

• Options
    GiugixGiugix Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm just starting your legacy and I'm loving it!
  • Options
    Giugix wrote: »
    I'm just starting your legacy and I'm loving it!
    @Giugix Thank you for reading, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so far :)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I hope Pauline soon will see the beauties of Newcrest, maybe take a tour to the legacy-builds. She's really starting to behave like her mother a little. And she should at least deserve the happiness Astrid never had.

As for Davion and Starr... Everything is able to break.. Ya know :lol:
  • Options
    I hope Pauline soon will see the beauties of Newcrest, maybe take a tour to the legacy-builds. She's really starting to behave like her mother a little. And she should at least deserve the happiness Astrid never had.

As for Davion and Starr... Everything is able to break.. Ya know :lol:

@Sterretjeee That's an interesting perspective! There might be some paralel there. Though I think Pauline is mainly just angry about what was taken from her. I doubt she would have initially liked Newcrest no matter what.
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    I completely understand why Pauline is very unhappy about going back to Newcrest. I mean she was stuck on that island her whole life then she FINALLY starts building a life with other people and then it's all ripped away from her! The poor thing has had a rough life. :confounded:
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I feel for Pauline. Surrounded by strangers. I don't recognize any of the Bloomers either. :lol: But I think it gets better. There will be a massive influx of new residents in Newcrest, if I'm not mistaken. ;) New friends for Pauline to meet. She's a nice person, she can make friends anywhere.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    I completely understand why Pauline is very unhappy about going back to Newcrest. I mean she was stuck on that island her whole life then she FINALLY starts building a life with other people and then it's all ripped away from her! The poor thing has had a rough life. :confounded:
    @iheartdinosx3 Yeah exactly! Hopefully thing will turn around for her soon!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I feel for Pauline. Surrounded by strangers. I don't recognize any of the Bloomers either. :lol: But I think it gets better. There will be a massive influx of new residents in Newcrest, if I'm not mistaken. ;) New friends for Pauline to meet. She's a nice person, she can make friends anywhere.
    @Maladi777 I don't blame you, Astrid's brothers were only shown in about two photos ans only mentioned in passing haha!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So this particular chapter has been a long time in the making. As in, I knew that the main event of the chapter was going to happen since about September time, in spite of not knowing who would be involved in it. Woop!

8.2 The Greats Are Up to You

SlhyYUC.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Yay! Yenn is back! <3 I am so glad and now I am even sure that things will change to better side ;)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    woooooooo! I am so happy right now! I'm sure Yenn will be able to guide Astrid and Pauline on their way
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ohh...great twist! And I never knew the Book of Life existed for a character!!! OOOOHHHH!!! I'm going to have to put that in my memory files!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh, I have never use the Book of Life. Nice too see it at work. :smile: I would have never expected this twist! Love it! And I realized how much I miss Peter and Lilah. It was good to commemorate them.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Ahhhh, I'm so happy right now! I was just wanting her to find their histories, and maybe get to know the family through reading, and wishing Yenn was there for her, and then the best most perfect thing happens! :heart::love: I may have even scared the cats with my own squeak of joy! And I loved remembering her parents, I went back and re-read the chapter you linked, and so. many. memories. I came into your story right at that time, so they were the first ones I read, and I loved them, so I stopped and went back to the beginning. But as Yenn and her parents were my intro to the story, they will forever hold a special place (it was also fun to read and see Chell young!). Whatever my come next, I feel like this gave us all a bit of happiness and hope to carry through!
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    AHHHHHHHH!!! I literally squealed out loud! I'm sooooo happy Yenn is back! I love her so much and she's probably one of my all time favorite characters across all of Simlit! <3:love: