March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
Welcome to the home of the Bloomer family!

For the most part, this is based on the #BuildNewcrest legacy - a challenge created by @ShadyLady_DQ , you can find the full set of rules here. I do however see the rules more as guidelines, and will stray from or break most of them throughout the course of the story.

Come along as the Bloomers build Newcrest from scratch; as in real life, there are ups and downs in this story and I may not always play by the rules, but hopefully you'll enjoy the ride! Head over to the Chapter Index to start reading.

The Bloomer Family Tree

D973gwZ.jpg?1
The family tree was created with The Plum Tree. Click here for a full-size version of the family tree.

Ready to plunge into the story? Start from the beginning!

Do you find long legacies intimidating? I would recommend reading the full story for maximum enjoyment, but if the number of chapters scares you, two good starting points further down the line may be Generation 3 or Generation 7.
Post edited by ThePlumbob on

Comments

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Thank you so much! I usually get a bit bored with my Sim families once they do become rich, so the rough beginnings are my favourite part :smile:
    edited September 2015
    Chapter 1 - Kirk arrives in Newcrest with no money but big ambitions
  • lovingbabeslovingbabes Posts: 81 Member
    Great story so far ..I love how you are starting with nothing and working your way up.
    Thank you @lovingbabes ! I love starting with nothing, it's a great challenge! Though Newcrest is so well-equipped with all the grills, public toilets and rare collectibles that it's not too hard at all!
    edited September 2015
    What woke up Bob Pancakes from his pancake numbness? Find out in Chapter 2!
    edited September 2015
    Chapter 3 coming soon... it's going to be a roller-coaster ride.
    edited September 2015
    Chapter 3 is out: The lovebirds get hitched but they receive an unexpected visit from Grim Reaper.
    edited September 2015
    I finished my first community lot - the haunted memorial park.
    You can download it here (careful, the lot name is a spoiler of who dies in Part 3)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really enjoyed your story :smile: and it is such a pretty park. Thank you for posting!
    edited June 2015
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I wasn't too sure how to go about building a park, but it seemed to have turned out decent :)
    edited September 2015
    The new family home - take a tour here.

edited September 2015
    New instalment of the Bloomer saga: A New Generation!
  • AnnaSims123AnnaSims123 Posts: 90 Member
    Check out my kriston legacy!!
    Check out my kriston legacy!!

@AnnaSims123 Sure, do you have a thread?
    edited September 2015
    New update for the Bloomers: 2.2 A Family Friend.

edited September 2015
    The Family Tree has been posted!
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    edited July 2015
    Ooh, you have a thread! favoring so I know when you upload! :smile:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Chapter 3 is out: The lovebirds get hitched but the receive an unexpected visit from Grim Reaper.

vHpADf.jpg

I lol the post :smiley: I always find grim's pictures funny. I thought he only came to take sims but I've seen him everywhere. The most recent one that I found very very funny, it was in a tweet but I can't remember whose, grim was babysitting in an old sims game
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited July 2015
    Rivie wrote: »
    Chapter 3 is out: The lovebirds get hitched but the receive an unexpected visit from Grim Reaper.

vHpADf.jpg

I lol the post :smiley: I always find grim's pictures funny. I thought he only came to take sims but I've seen him everywhere. The most recent one that I found very very funny, it was in a tweet but I can't remember whose, grim was babysitting in an old sims game

Ooh you found me! Oh I've had the same thing in one of my saves, Grim was everywhere whenever I went to a community lot, playing the piano, performing a comedy routine or just having a casual drink... I thought it was quite appropriate since the sim I was playing at the time was this gothic musician that reminded me of the singer from the band HIM (most of their songs reference death or the reaper) :D

vHpADf.jpg

Ooh you found me! Oh I've had the same thing in one of my saves, Grim was everywhere whenever I went to a community lot, playing the piano, performing a comedy routine or just having a casual drink... I thought it was quite appropriate since the aim I was playing at the time was this gothic musician that reminded me of the singer from the band HIM (most of their songs reference death or the reaper) :D

Lol.
    In my game he only plays chess or exercises. My sims really need to get out more
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited July 2015
    New update and some familiar faces in the neighbourhood: 2.3 A Family Friend Part 2

vHpADf.jpg

Ooh you found me! Oh I've had the same thing in one of my saves, Grim was everywhere whenever I went to a community lot, playing the piano, performing a comedy routine or just having a casual drink... I thought it was quite appropriate since the aim I was playing at the time was this gothic musician that reminded me of the singer from the band HIM (most of their songs reference death or the reaper) :D

Lol.
    In my game he only plays chess or exercises. My sims really need to get out more

Haha who knew Grim leads such an active life!
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I would love to try this challenge, but i plum at building. So through your story, i'm at least able to experience this cool challenge second-hand ;)
    marcellala wrote: »
    I would love to try this challenge, but i plum at building. So through your story, i'm at least able to experience this cool challenge second-hand ;)

You might be better than you think, I've always been more inclined to download houses of the gallery, but I'm really enjoying the building aspect now. That being said, I'm trying not to think too far ahead, making the large venues like a club or a library will probably be tough!